Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Welp, guess The Vision is hosed then.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Bored Gamer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6l0yr2/erin_roberts_interview_studio_tour_overview/

Ship Progression
Ship Progression, Values & Costs of ships are all still being worked out.
They want the community to help with this as they go forward.
The idea is that some ships especially the larger ones are going to be extremely expensive & would be bought by an ORG or group together.
He equates the value of ships being bought now with IRL monies as effectively good value.
The smaller starting ships will be much more affordable in game, BUT prices will ramp up fast.
Building up your ship and becoming attached to it are part of the gameplay they are going for.
But with 3.0 and beyond they will work with the community to balance ship progression appropriately.

Well all this sounds very encouraging. It sure is a good thing you haven't pre-sold 100 million dollars worth of ships with magical lifetime insurance which is going to completely destroy any type of progression or economy you might have ever had.

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 4, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

MedicineHut posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6l0yr2/erin_roberts_interview_studio_tour_overview/

How can someone go on a tour of F42 to be shown current, specific, actual and tangible work in progress only to leave the premises with a loving wall of dreams (tm) to report on.
Perhaps in their seventh year of development CIG can get some design docs finished regarding core gameplay and basic functionality.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

We can all work together and be glad when some random claim happens to be true.

I mean when CIG crashes do you know how many people will be here saying "called it!" ? Who's going to be the one who called it first?
I think credit should go to all of us

Ill make a refunder wall out of cheap chinese plastic and titanium spray paint

we will be forever immortalized in my bathroom

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

thatguy posted:

I bet Sandi will write the tell-all after she blames everything on Chris and Ben and her acting career fails.
Acting career? Vids or it didn't happen

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Can the video of apparent awesomeness get reupped so those of us that missed it can get in on the fun?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Why was it even taken down, by the way?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Iceclaw posted:

Probably swastikas

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Iceclaw posted:

Infringement of nazi copyright. Also, it glorifies violence against shills. These are probably bad things or something.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Just because crap like this bugs the poo poo out of me.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What happened to all the internal ship pipelines / engineering / modding of parts? Signature / Stealth stuff? Do these even work in game?

Elite has had this for over a year now? 2.1 was it?

It's really sad to see SC doesn't have its basic game loop in place. How do you earn in game currency? How is that currency spent? Does gameplay truly require a ship? lol?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
i'm gonna make a Prediction before derek or theagent leak it, 3.1 will be renamed 4.0

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
!remindme August 24th

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

Just because crap like this bugs the poo poo out of me.

Of course there is whole lot of poo poo they've been working on in regards to assets. The great Lando leak a couple years back proved that. Funny that gently caress up probably kept this trainwreck going.

Problem is how to fit the poo poo in the game and given that the assets will be need to be refactored 10 times.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

no_recall posted:

What happened to all the internal ship pipelines / engineering / modding of parts? Signature / Stealth stuff? Do these even work in game?

It's really sad to see SC doesn't have its basic game loop in place. How do you earn in game currency? How is that currency spent? Does gameplay truly require a ship? lol?

The pipelines are all full of gravity goo and are really heavy so no one can move them around anymore so devs have to take turns making trips to them to fill up their wheelbarrows with code to layer on but it's hard because one of them broke their wrist too which really slows down the process but ensures that only the highest quality will actually be presented to the backers many of whom are engineers and every citizen that can run sc on has a computer is full of modded parts you see it's already here and game is life so money is the currency and you can already spend it in the pledge store but gameplay doesn't really require a ship cause you can star marine but you need one to get a game package.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Colostomy Bag posted:

Of course there is whole lot of poo poo they've been working on in regards to assets. The great Lando leak a couple years back proved that. Funny that gently caress up probably kept this trainwreck going.

Problem is how to fit the poo poo in the game and given that the assets will be need to be refactored 10 times.

Yep, this is what the shitizens don't get every time they plonk out their latest shiny jpg concept art. No one is doubting they have dozens of CG artists sat around twiddling their thumbs, what we're doubting is that a. all that poo poo ends up in a game called Star Citizen, b. they manage to roll all their bullshit promises and dreams into a functioning 'game', and c. that game is any good.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Of course that makes the Reclaimer ship obsolete.

poo poo. I won that jpeg in a raffle on twitch, now how am I going to make a name for myself in the verse. gently caress

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/4JEyMaZ.mp4

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

No Mods No Masters posted:

poo poo. I won that jpeg in a raffle on twitch, now how am I going to make a name for myself in the verse. gently caress

I dunno. Perhaps MoMA can chime in on the proper course of action.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

I dunno. Perhaps MoMA can chime in on the proper course of action.

It seems like the least he could do, to make amends for his posting

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

No Mods No Masters posted:

Upgrade to an Idris.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen has taken great strides in the area of it's economy.

For example they've pre sold one hundred and fifty three billion UEC worth of items, so that means the economy won't immediately hyper inflate due to the removal of $153,000,000,000 UEC worth of moneysinks, flooding the market with now useless currency everyone has tons to spare of because

And

Also:

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Ben Lesnick, Developer

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I think credit should go to all of us

Ill make a refunder wall out of cheap chinese plastic and titanium spray paint

we will be forever immortalized in my bathroom

Not sure if having my name in a bathroom is something to be proud of, but in your bathroom I'll make an exception!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Friendly reminder that 18 months ago this was the state of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

And this is where they are now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa1lxb7C4Ik

And yes, that really is someone so desperate for gameplay in Star Citizen that they modded it in.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And yes, that really is someone so desperate for gameplay in Star Citizen that they modded it in.

Stop spreading FUD, goonie, everyone can see the patch history right here and know that Chrisp Robbems is closer to his vision than ever.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/patch-notes

I mean look at all the amazing notes in the last year alone, like:

An actual patch note posted:

Made some tweaks to ship automated landing procedures.

Holy poo poo, how can you see that and not recognize the progress they're making? Or how about :

Another one posted:

After months of construction, the Casaba Shopping Outlet has opened up on ArcCorp!
Interested pilots can now purchase the latest fashions from around the frontier at affordable prices.
Cubby Blast has also fixed the main sales computer, and is ready to sell eager pilots weapons, flight suits and armor sets.
The shop clerks in ArcCorp have received some graphical improvements to be less soulless.

That is the kind of rapid paced development that you only see from a company with a total commitment to its product. They're so far ahead, they're basically already doing incremental patches as if the game was finished and on publisher life support! What about this one?

Seriously there hasn't been anything interesting in the patch notes for a year now posted:

You can no longer obtain large amounts of aUEC by shooting parts of Security Station Kareah under specific circumstances.

You doubting Thomases are going to ruin everything. CIG has been putting out high quality patches consisting mostly of small tweaks and bug fixes at the mind boggling rate of one every 3-to-5 months for years, now. That's the quality that only a shop with 400+ employees and hundreds of millions in backer and bank-loan funding can produce. You point me at any other game putting out the sheer volume of promises that Chris spews, every single time he's on camera, and I will post you a 15,000 word essay about why it is poo poo and then follow you across the internet for a couple of years.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Been thinking about gravity liquid.

It should be a weapon. Crush your foes.

Imagine being in a compartment where the gravity goo flooded. Would everybody be flattened against some wall surface? Would people become a tiny attempt at a blood singularity?

Could you just pump gravity goo into a ship to kill everybody then pump it back out?

What if you flooded space with it? What about gravity goo mines? Would they crush parts of the ship they splatter across?

Being able to harness a natural phenomenon and then not militarize it is simply not something humans do.

What if you put gravity goo on a ceiling? Would everything in the room be lighter? Imagine lifting huge tractor trailer cargo containers around with just a single person as if they were pillows.

How does gravity goo know which way is up?

I love Star Citizen because everything they touch is so incomprehensible, which is such a comical juxtaposition of the "rough and patchwork" sci fi universe Chris Roberts loves so much.

"We're just a rag tag band of cowboys in space that's basically world war 2!" *has developed gravity defying liquids with complex distribution systems in the rusted out, conduit exposed ships*

"Got to go load these boxes by hand cause we're so low tech!" *loads it into a ship with super light, super thin glass stronger than titanium and magic*

"Time to go fly my ship that flies slower than a Sopwith Camel through space!" *vaporizes into a wormhole harnessed by pure magic and appears at the other end of the universe near Earth because that was the secret jump hole the aliens are going to use to invade*

And speaking of aliens: "We are barely out of the Stone Age and use spears and knives!" *flies a technological wonder through space killing other races because they are very wrathful*

And this is in all of CRs games. Except maybe like Strike Commander because that was just modern stuff without him needing to destroy it too much or be too creative with the universe aesthetics.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

quote:

I want to see 3.o delays due to blockers and Catnuts simulator for next time pls. I believe the developer crying and whimpers are very realistic. The golf swing shame meter needs some work. You can even dump hot coffee on their hopes and dreams. There maybe uncanny valley in the soulless eyes of the British bankers but not as bad as mass effect.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Oh, bonus points for Chris Roberts if the evil alien homeworld is shadowed in murky fog and volcanoes. Super extra points if that fog is tinted red.

Can't have aliens who are evil have a average looking inhabitable planet that might actually be able to harbor life.

PS: called it now, bookmark this post!

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Exinos posted:

Upgrade to an Idris.

I think this is the earliest ship sold to backers that they still can't access even in the hangar. All the others from the original campaign including final day add-ons are flyable, as are many post-campaign ships.

radd fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 4, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Mods please change my name to CARGO DELIERY

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

gently caress GOOooOOns!

https://soundcloud.com/shutupandshave/gently caress-goons

https://soundcloud.com/shutupandshave/i-robbed-a-goon

https://soundcloud.com/shutupandshave/109-stupid-goons?in=shutupandshave/sets/eve-parody

Also, you can't tell me that the cultists aren't writing glassdoor reviews....

WE'LL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!!!

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 4, 2017

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He's implemented more gameplay mechanics in 2017 than CIG has.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Exinos posted:

He's implemented more gameplay mechanics in 2017 than CIG has.

I'd bet money they send him a job offer. It seems like something CIG would do. No industry experience? No problem.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I skipped ahead to about 7:30 at complete loving random and watched Chris try to pull up a ship that was unavailable. Does the dude not loving know what's in his loving build that he's loving streaming? Jesus christ.

Trillhouse posted:

I'd bet money they send him a job offer. It seems like something CIG would do. No industry experience? No problem.

Hey, Chris has years of experience and he's accomplished uhhhh urrr uuhhmmm??

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 4, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Taintrunner posted:

I skipped ahead to about 7:30 at complete loving random and watched Chris try to pull up a ship that was unavailable. Does the dude not loving know what's in his loving build that he's loving streaming? Jesus christ.

Hey, Chris has years of experience and he's accomplished uhhhh urrr uuhhmmm??

CommunityPress1 right?

Also, you'll notice that after almost 2 years the chat window has remained the same. Weird, that...

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

spacetoaster posted:

gently caress GOOooOOns!

Also, you can't tell me that the cultists aren't writing glassdoor reviews....

WE'LL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!!!

The review could have been written by any moron that's incapable seeing CIG management has doomed this project to being the worst disaster in the history of video games.

So basically it might be legit and have been submitted by someone in management or the community team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It features the perennial cry of the CIG shill - "keep doing what you're doing"