Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baller Ina posted:

so now we're not even the ones making the threats, don?

just bein all "hey man your neighbors are gettin ansty, just sayin"

classic "let's you and him fight" move straight outta the ed balls playbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Can we just get the war started already? I'd rather not go into work next week. Thanks in advance.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Addamere posted:

im the 21.2% of south koreans who want to gently caress up japan for no reason

oh, theres a reason

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Our actual president is negging Japan and China and South Korea

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The strategy of the US toward North Korea under Bush and Obama was to antagonize their leadership, impose sanctions, and rebuild the US nuclear arsenal. We shouldn't pretend that it's the dumb TV show host's fault for tweeting out the explicit policy.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GobiasIndustries posted:

art of the deal!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elqodm-wlGU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

folks

trump still has harassin women on his mind

With all these travel bans I thought it was saracen women on trumps mind!

:banjo:

:haw:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Joementum posted:

We shouldn't pretend that it's the dumb TV show host's fault for tweeting out the explicit policy.

lol so who's fault is it then, when cheetoman makes a tweet

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

sexpig by night posted:

I respect that the Koreans are still ~20% pro 'whatever happens gently caress Japan though'

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Night Crew Trump is good

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah! posted:

America's fault dumbass

today, we are all cheetomans

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Rah! posted:

Fox & Friends.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

The strategy of the US toward North Korea under Bush and Obama was to antagonize their leadership, impose sanctions, and rebuild the US nuclear arsenal. We shouldn't pretend that it's the dumb TV show host's fault for tweeting out the explicit policy.

let's be honest, that was the US's strategy towards everyone at all times

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

beach shamed af

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/882066687859851264

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

Kennedy was drunk and/or knocked out on a custom drug cocktail for most of that. We only got through it because he really wasn't capable of any sort of decisive action and spent most of the meetings letting his brother argue with LeMay while they waited for the teletype to spin up.

Not ideal, but probably better than if LBJ or Nixon had been in charge at that moment.

Yeah, but him holding back on doing anything was a deliberate decision because he wasn't sure how much to trust his generals and advisors, and afterwards he realized that they were completely unreliable *and* he didn't know enough about the situations so he was being led around by his ear, and resolved to read up as much as possible on factors for future situations so he wouldn't be completely reliant on outsiders to make decisions

I agree if it had been someone else they would have gone ahead and attacked and things would be real awful

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Japan: CcccCCcccccCCc c cc cc c cccc

Cccc Ccccccc,

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DrPossum posted:

lol like could you imagine if any kind of disaster requiring leadership happened right now?

This is another scenario where I think we would be looking to state governors / city mayors to handle stuff, much like when Trump pulled out of Paris the states/cities stepped in to say they'd be doing it anyway

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rah! posted:

In this specific case, mostly George W Bush's. One of the few successful achievements of the Clinton administration was detente with NK leading toward disarmament.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Congrats, fatso.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

this weeks' tweets has being pretty amazing even by trump standards

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I'm the 21% of South Koreans that want to attack Japan after the US attacks North Korea

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Joementum posted:

In this specific case, mostly George W Bush's. One of the few successful achievements of the Clinton administration was detente with NK leading toward disarmament.

lol

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

another home run for the Babe!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah, but him holding back on doing anything was a deliberate decision because he wasn't sure how much to trust his generals and advisors, and afterwards he realized that they were completely unreliable *and* he didn't know enough about the situations so he was being led around by his ear, and resolved to read up as much as possible on factors for future situations so he wouldn't be completely reliant on outsiders to make decisions

I agree if it had been someone else they would have gone ahead and attacked and things would be real awful

True, I just can't be sure how much of that was strategy versus being stoned out of his mind of booze and pills. Still, the US has done better with indecisive leadership like Kennedy, Obama, and (at times) Nixon, than decisive leadership under LBJ, Bush, or (at times) Nixon.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

weird turnip

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
smdh people forgetting the axis of evil

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Would

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Joementum who do you think has been a recent good president?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

trump

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

True, I just can't be sure how much of that was strategy versus being stoned out of his mind of booze and pills. Still, the US has done better with indecisive leadership like Kennedy, Obama, and (at times) Nixon, than decisive leadership under LBJ, Bush, or (at times) Nixon.

Nixon, truly the best of both worlds

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

:smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ABC posted:

At least 12 greyhound racing dogs in Florida have tested positive for cocaine, and their trainer has had his license suspended.

It's at least the second instance this year of racing greyhounds testing positive for cocaine. The dogs raced at Bestbet Orange Park in northeast Florida near Jacksonville. The state is home to 12 of the 19 dog tracks in the U.S., where 40 states have outlawed the sport.

Although supporters say the dogs are treated well, the industry faces intense scrutiny. Records show Florida's greyhound industry has had 62 cocaine positives since 2008.

In the Jacksonville area case, first reported by WTLV-TV, the dogs tested positive in March and April for benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, according to documents from the state Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The documents are dated June 9 and say that trainer Charles McClellan "is a threat to animals in his control, custody and care."

The Associated Press could not locate a phone number or email address for McClellan, but he told the TV station he had lost his job as a Greyhound trainer. The agency has scheduled a formal hearing on his case for Aug. 23.

In a statement to news outlets, Bestbet Orange Park said it supports the swift action taken by the state in suspending the trainer's license. During March and April, McClellan was an employee of the Steve Sarras Kennel.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GobiasIndustries posted:

Joementum who do you think has been a recent good president?

Barack Obama

grading on a curve, but probably the best since FDR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector Hound posted:

Ok I don't

What

I mean I get that they don't want us to

But why would they

I'm pretty sure that any poll on any topic taken in South Korean gets a minimum of fifteen percent supporting "Attack Japan"

• Locked thread