Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I made a thing, check it out. Sample below:

https://twitter.com/drilrunner/status/881543084517019649

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

thank you for this.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

You're doing God's work here

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress yeah.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Good work, this will help cheer me up on a slow workday. :)

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

This is inspired.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh hey new cards

https://imgur.com/a/gmP5q

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Flashbang seems like a heckin' bad card. There aren't a lot of 6-cost sentries, and those that cost 6 are not 0 strength. You're looking at 5 install then usually 10 credits. Doesn't seem worth it, except against Archer or if you are decadently rich. In which case you could break Sentries with normal breakers for a LOT less many times before this comes close to being efficient.

Rip Deal is straight-up gross and with HQI or Nerve Agent is the anti-rigshooter protection/siphon spam recursion that Crim needs to be even more top-tier than it is.

Water Monopoly seems like it's probably a better 3/1 than it lets on, but still a 3/1. If you can mind-games it out early, you're in great shape.

And of course an overcosted Jinteki code gate that at best lets you scoot your Hokusai grid over... if you already had an upgrade in the server Metamorph is on. :thunk:

Data Loop is grrrroooosssss, but 7 for a barrier Paperclip breaks for 3 is not great.

Biased Reporting is silly, but is a powerhouse late game econ card and much better than Sweeps Week (which is rotating). Vs. Off Campus Apartment/Supplier/Nexus decks it will be absolutely silly. Gaining 20+ for 2¢ is completely believable

Bloo Moose is the nuts, but we all knew that.

Open Forum and Tithonium both look good. Making Hostile Takeovers stand for both Tithonium and the (comparitively toothless) archer is great. Transparency Initiative is garbage because of the additional click it takes; if it worked like Casting Call it would at least unlock shenanigans with Dedication Ceremony.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Flashbang is expensive as hell but I think its a clever way to do an icebreaker. Leave No Trace seems powerful.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Leave No Trace seems powerful.

It's blackmail but costs 2, has an influence cost to splash out of faction, and doesn't let you just skip ice if the corp *reallllllly* wants to make you encounter it or you're doing false echo bullshit. It's fine.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 14, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rover Algorithm - Would be fine except for all the new blue derezzing toys on top of all the orange destruction toys. Probably too marginal to see play.

Mars for Martians - Might see play even without floating tags just for the card draw. I'm not sure how many clan resources are actually worth playing, though.

God of War - 2 credit for 1 strength, base zero, can only break two subs per turn without support cards. Garbage.

O2 Shortage - Hey, if purple can somehow force the runner to end their turn with no cards in hand, they can save a whole entire credit on Biotic Labor!

Helheim Servers - Possibly hilarious in CI, too marginal for use anywhere else.

Leave No Trace - For 2 credits, it's either a Blackmail or a mini-Siphon (or possibly mega-Siphon in mid to late game), two really oppressive cards. The fact that the corp picks their own poison isn't much of a detractor from the power level.

Rip Deal - Hey, speaking of oppressive cards, this one can get them back for you! I can't wait to be hit with Siphon early game, think I'm in the clear because they're all in the bin, only to see them all come back in a single click thanks to this card. brb making a Skorpios deck with 6 currents to keep Employee Strike turned off. Oh wait, they can recur those with this card as well.

Flashbang - Way too expensive to use on... well, pretty much anything.

Mandatory Seed Replacement - I just don't see the play here. Jinteki is getting enough marginal ice-rearranging cards that no one would play a 4/2 to get the same effect.

Water Monopoly - PE might like it (but not as much as House of Knives), and even then you need to score it early to be useful. Or you can just play Scarcity, a neutral current that's twice as impactful.

Metamorph - Speaking of marginal ice-rearranging cards...

Data Loop - Paying a premium for an on-encounter effect a la Tollbooth, but at least Tollbooth ends the run if the runner can't pay the credits. At least you make people still running Faust sad.

Biased Reporting - Templating! Who gains the credit per card trashed? Would have been so devastating if it read, "The Runner may [trash their stuff] of that type to gain 1 credit for each card trashed."?

Bloo Moose - It's Hard At Work but neutral and not crap! Thank god it's unique.

Lean and Mean - Inversificator Kit decks are happy with this, and maybe Eater/Keyhole decks since it's 1 influence? I dunno, it just seems too conditional and too marginal to be of use.

Maven - I can't see Shapers that run enough programs to make Maven worthwhile actually in need of Maven as a backup breaker. Could be hilarious in a Geist deck with cloud breakers, though. Maybe less so after e3 rotates.

Na'Not'K - Ehhh... I mean, it does fuctionally have a base strength of 2 (assuming the server is protected by 1 sentry ice), and it is a Shaper killer that breaks a sub for just one credit. But the current Shaper meta is all Savant and Adjusted Matrix and other shenanigans that make a traditional killer unwarranted.

Open Forum - Weyland gets their own crap version of DBS! Having said that, even a crap version of DBS is a good card. Get three out and you can set up your Accelerated Diagnostics combo without using another combo piece like Hasty Relocation OR a click.

Tithonium - Probably more valuable for existing in the meta than actually playing, as runners will have to get their fracter and killer out against a Weyland player with Hostile scored. I appreciate that it can be hard-rezzed with credits, and Blue Sun probably does as well.

Transparency Initiative - The fact that this isn't templated like Casting Call basically makes it unplayable. But I want to know what happens if you use it on Oaktown Renovation? Can you make it a 2-credit profit from the start, or does it not work on already-public agendas? And what if I stack three of these on an agenda? Can I make Oaktown into a click for 6 credits card?

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 14, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

rip deal looks like me saving two influence off recursion if i ever decide to play again and also play as criminal

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Haven't had time to really process the new stuff yet but Leave No Trace is going to have a hell of a time in my Andy/Au Revoir/Rosetta/Daredevil deck.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Data Loop is interesting. Feels like it's oppressive as hell early on when the runner is still setting up, but loses power as the game goes on and they assemble more of their rig. I like it.

Open Forum is clickless draw which is always good, plus it helps defend R&D by sticking Sappers, Snare!s, News Teams or random innocuous cards on top. Feels like it would be good in rush / supermodernism.

Those Jinteki agendas seem bad. The 3/1 might have worked if it were +2 credits per resource.

edit: actually I guess Mandatory Replanting at least enables some comedy plays. If it's your second to last score you can transfer every piece of rezzed ice you have into one giant stack on your scoring sever, which would be funny. I guess it screws with CyCy and maybe AI breakers a bit? Nisei Mk 2 is still a million times better though

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 14, 2017

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

Biased Reporting - Templating! Who gains the credit per card trashed? Would have been so devastating if it read, "The Runner may [trash their stuff] of that type to gain 1 credit for each card trashed."?

"The Runner may trash...and gain 1 for each" seems pretty clear to me.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Machai posted:

"The Runner may trash...and gain 1 for each" seems pretty clear to me.

Yeah, it's definitely set up to be "you have 9 resources, trash them all and gain 9, or I'm gonna gain 18"

The thing is, there's almost no situation where they have useless resources on the board (mayyybe like, an empty Aaron Marron when both sides are on 6 points, or something like that), so it's basically always gonna read "gain $2 for each program/hardware/resource the runner has" which could be anywhere from gross to absurd, depending on the gamestate.

4 Programs means this reads "$2: gain $8" which is already above the Restructure threshhold (net +5), 5 resources (say, a daily casts, wyldside, pancakes, Kati and a Armitage Codebusting) makes this the most efficient operation for big money in the game, and there's no deckbuilding nonsense like with Diversified Portfolio needed, just a runner who is setting up.

Scarcity of Resources is also a pretty great followup to this if they do try to trash a ticking-down casts or a not-likely-to-be-relevant-this-game NACH.

StashAugustine posted:

rip deal looks like me saving two influence off recursion if i ever decide to play again and also play as criminal

The two months or so where Rip Deal and HQI are both legal feels like it's gonna be loving terrifying. If there's a corp deck that can play with an empty HQ, I'd recommend it.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 14, 2017

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
mars for martians gonna be nuts in a siphon counter surveillance whizzed deck i've been running

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
And here I was checking in on the netrunner thread to see if netrunner was worth diving in on now that mtg has shat itself until WotC can unfuck standard and all I see is half-serious "ded game" posts mixed with completely serious "dead game" posts.

Is it even worth getting in on Netrunner at this point or it basically walking in on the end of a car crash?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

LordAbaddon posted:

And here I was checking in on the netrunner thread to see if netrunner was worth diving in on now that mtg has shat itself until WotC can unfuck standard and all I see is half-serious "ded game" posts mixed with completely serious "dead game" posts.

Is it even worth getting in on Netrunner at this point or it basically walking in on the end of a car crash?

It's going to heavily depend on your local player base. If there's a community it's still a fun game with some balance issues that are being addressed. It's definitely niche though.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

LordAbaddon posted:

Nah you sound like a barrel of fun, probably best staying away from it to be safe.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Destrado posted:

Nah you sound like a barrel of fun, probably best staying away from it to be safe.

Sorry i'm work-posting and was dissappointed to see that netrunner was in a bad spot

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Honestly, netrunner is probably in the healthiest metagame that it's been in over 2 and a half years. The thing is, there was about a year and a half of the game's life that was basically a 2 identity metagame, and there were a couple ridiculously broken cards released at the end of the previous pack cycle that garnered a lot of bad faith from people. Attach that to the fact that the restricted list announcement came two months later than everybody was expecting, and that there have been a lot of templating issues in the past few packs, and it caused a not-insignificant amount of people to leave the game, including me.

That being said, the game is arguably recovering and is in fairly healthy state right now, with dominant decks being spread across all factions, and nothing being exceptionally oppressive (aside from Estelle Moon decks, but even those have outs against them). I'm starting to dip my toes back in the water, and overall I've been enjoying it.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
FFG Inflight just ended and zero Netrunner news or previews.
Now that Red Sand is done (as of yesterday) and we have zero news of the next cycle I am feeling the dying game syndrome is in it's final stage.

Closest we got was a Q&A question saying they will announce the next cycle by the end of the year. They are going to cycle for worlds but they do not expect the pack out for worlds.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I was wondering why we haven't seen any new cards in a while. Didn't realize all of red sands had even released. Any particularly good cards in the last datapack?

LordNat
May 16, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I was wondering why we haven't seen any new cards in a while. Didn't realize all of red sands had even released. Any particularly good cards in the last datapack?

Nothing really to write home about. Worlds is going to be in a really strange spot without Genesis & Spin. I really hope that the times do not mismatch with L5R as I am having way more fun with that right now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That would be pretty great if they set up rotation and then never released the data pack that triggered it. :v:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Midjack posted:

That would be pretty great if they set up rotation and then never released the data pack that triggered it. :v:

There was a lot of excitement and a good first couple years. Can't blame them for being optimistic in planning for the future.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
On the other hand, it feels weird that they would hire on a new lead designer without a plan for the future. Unless they dropping support as a last-minute decision, it would just make more sense to have not hired a new lead - all the cards currently out were probably finished being designed months, if not years before the change up.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

LordNat posted:

Nothing really to write home about. Worlds is going to be in a really strange spot without Genesis & Spin. I really hope that the times do not mismatch with L5R as I am having way more fun with that right now.

How does l5r compare to netrunner? Theme wise it doesn't interest me much, but I think I'll have to bow to whatever FFG plans on supporting.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

MoreLikeTen posted:

How does l5r compare to netrunner? Theme wise it doesn't interest me much, but I think I'll have to bow to whatever FFG plans on supporting.

I am a huge fan and long time player of the old L5R and love the new game even more. So I am a little biased.
Over all L5R is a lot more like Game of Thrones than Netrunner. It is a Dueling game unlike Netrunner. The game feels really tight and like there is no real wasted systems, all aspects of the game matter to all factions. It plays quicker than Netrunner since there is almost no build up phase of the game.

Give this how to play video a look and see what you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvDpf6KPfdA

Also if you have Tabletop Simulator there is a full plugin for it and almost always a few games going with people willing to teach.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

lol NetRunner R&D is loving retarded. Negative Play Experiences ahoy.

as a stax player I admit I got a half-chub watching this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG0wfFGeio&t=728s

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

lol NetRunner R&D is loving retarded. Negative Play Experiences ahoy.

as a stax player I admit I got a half-chub watching this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG0wfFGeio&t=728s

Dumb combo ya but it is a 6-7 Card Combo where 2 parts of it have to be unprotected to trigger. Interesting thought experiment but will almost never happen in a real game.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

LordNat posted:

Dumb combo ya but it is a 6-7 Card Combo where 2 parts of it have to be unprotected to trigger. Interesting thought experiment but will almost never happen in a real game.

(the first half of the video is not only him doing it in a real game, but losing track of what cards are in his hand and having the combo on turn 3 or 4)

You don't need double-clone suffrage, double-lag time. As long as they don't have a run event, you can easily lock them out with 1 each.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

(the first half of the video is not only him doing it in a real game, but losing track of what cards are in his hand and having the combo on turn 3 or 4)

You don't need double-clone suffrage, double-lag time. As long as they don't have a run event, you can easily lock them out with 1 each.

iffy about the runner tho since they left an unprotected Jeeves on the table and did not really seem to be trying to do anything about the Corp's table state much. I mean it is marked as a casual game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Maybe they can take care of degenerate combos once they actually announce that literally anything is still happening with the game at all

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Midjack posted:

New cards are currently being playtested, so the issue is that FFG is run by idiots who hate their customers, not that development has stopped.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Netrunner was cool and good. RIP Netrunner.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Static Equilibrium posted:

New cards are currently being playtested, so the issue is that FFG is run by idiots who hate their customers, not that development has stopped.

This seems like a slight exaggeration and maybe a teensy bit of overreaction

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Netrunner is dead, long live Netrunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
A little bit of good news, it looks like Fantasy Flight is using a lottery system for World's seats this year so it won't be reliant on having a 0-ping and getting lucky to reserve a seat.

• Locked thread