Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Aim it just right and by the time the target runs back to you it's up again :laffo:

With the upgrade if it's active for a second and a half it's a 10 second cool down, Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I didn't play the brawl but a one lane map might be cool. Maybe the payload paths become lanes and creeps spawn to and from

The brawl was a stupid meatgrinder and grossly imbalanced and way more fun than the actual map. If they put some real effort into it I think single lane no forts is a concept that could totally work.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
:siren:MASSIVE SHOVE GOES THROUGH ENEMY GATES:siren:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
The thing I don't like other people also don't like so that means I'm right.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Fuzz posted:

gently caress this map talk, let's talk about how great some of these rebuilds of older Heroes are.

I still play Xul a lot even though I'd say he's kind of limited. His rework looks really cool and those talents should improve him a lot I think. All of their reworks in general have been pretty good steps up in terms of depth and variety, some of them have been a bit overtuned but that's the way it goes.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

1stGear posted:

:siren:MASSIVE SHOVE GOES THROUGH ENEMY GATES:siren:

That sounds okay defensively, but shoving guys the other way, into my towers or core excites me more.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Donnerberg posted:

That sounds okay defensively, but shoving guys the other way, into my towers or core excites me more.

Apparently on the PTR, if you shove an enemy into your own gate it has a chance of just persisting indefinitely. :v:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Oh god, that should be his lvl 20 shove.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a zergy arm, shoving in the face of humanity, forever

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

W build Xul is so much fun. Basically 100% uptime AOE auto attack, 60% life leech and 75% attack speed steroid, and bone armor every 5-10 seconds :eyepop:

Funny design where you can win a 1v5 easily but not a 1v1

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

W build Xul is so much fun. Basically 100% uptime AOE auto attack, 60% life leech and 75% attack speed steroid, and bone armor every 5-10 seconds :eyepop:

God, I hope he ends up having multiple viable builds that aren't just taking skeleton talents.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Shade / Skeleton-Mana / Skeleton-Health / flex / Slow Scythe / Amp Prison / flex2.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BrianBoitano posted:

I that build takes after Malthael.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

generic rear end in a top hat does fun thing:

https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousPlainClintmullinsCclamChamp

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Apparently on the PTR, if you shove an enemy into your own gate it has a chance of just persisting indefinitely. :v:

Working as intended.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYPzWg5gLeQ

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I need gifs of Stukov forever pushing people tia

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Stukov: A cyborg... you must come from a time before Project: Purification. How very interesting...
Genji: Do not let anger blind you. In my heart, I am as human as you are.

Uh... Genji? :ohdear:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

just queued as Auriel and had a cho'gall on my team. have to report the bug, apparently that combo unlocks some dev mode or something where auriel's hope bar is 100% filled at all times

also, i took resurrect

it was a good game

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

just queued as Auriel and had a cho'gall on my team. have to report the bug, apparently that combo unlocks some dev mode or something where auriel's hope bar is 100% filled at all times

also, i took resurrect

it was a good game

Working as intended. With that combo, the enemy team has no hope... because you stole it all.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Hanamura severely nerfed the Bruiser camp, making Bribe no longer mandatory to function on the map.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Bribe will still be good because they didn't touch the EXP advantage, and bribe will be faster than killing it, though it's easier to kill now. Healing boost is lower now, but that was never the most important part of it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

also, i took resurrect

it was a good game
It's the one combo in the game that actually benefits them. Some players will even ban Cho if they see Auriel and think you may be going for it (like you ban Greymane or something).

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Cho/Auriel is disgustingly powerful. It's basically the only way to play either hero and feel like you are strong.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

Bribe will still be good because they didn't touch the EXP advantage, and bribe will be faster than killing it, though it's easier to kill now. Healing boost is lower now, but that was never the most important part of it.

But not having bribe shouldn't be a death sentence anymore.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Libertine posted:

Cho/Auriel is disgustingly powerful. It's basically the only way to play either hero and feel like you are strong.

Auriel is really good with plenty of heroes though?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

SirSamVimes posted:

Auriel is really good with plenty of heroes though?

It is funny to me that the Angel of Hope works really well with forces of darkness and destruction. I'm also a massive dork.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah Auriel works with a lot of heroes. Someone with good, consistent damage that will generally be in the thick of things for a team fight. Typically you don't want burst or poke heroes as your hat because you'll end up with inconsistent healing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Libertine posted:

Cho'Gall are still pretty drat good on their own, too? :confused:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I am legitimately excited for stukov he looks like a lot of fun

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Valla, Greymane, Lunara, Gul'dan, and a bunch of others all make Aureil do good work.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Zarya/Stukov OTP

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh dear, F2P Vikings. :scrunt:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Oh dear, F2P Vikings. :scrunt:
Alarak time :getin:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So why/when did they change that you could use 1-5 to select Vikings? Or are my hotkeys just messed up? I was looking through the controls and the closest thing I could find to the old behavior was binding keys for control groups.

I was playing them in a vs AI game, so no people were harmed in the making of this realization.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 4, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

W.T. Fits posted:

Stukov: A cyborg... you must come from a time before Project: Purification. How very interesting...
Genji: Do not let anger blind you. In my heart, I am as human as you are.

Uh... Genji? :ohdear:

:confused: - ...Am I truly to wage war with a prepubescent fish feesh at my side?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fuzz posted:

Cho'Gall are still pretty drat good on their own, too? :confused:

They're very feast or famine. Either the enemy team had % damage or big burst and lock down, or they roll over and die

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They're very feast or famine. Either the enemy team had % damage or big burst and lock down, or they roll over and die

Yeah this pretty much is the Cho'Gall experience.

I like playing Auriel with Cho or Guldan or Malthael and otherwise not really. She's probably the weakest healer in the game unless she has specific picks with her that boost her gimmick.

FieryBalrog
Apr 7, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Yeah this pretty much is the Cho'Gall experience.

I like playing Auriel with Cho or Guldan or Malthael and otherwise not really. She's probably the weakest healer in the game unless she has specific picks with her that boost her gimmick.

Auriel + Valla? Got played a ton at HGC. Auriel + any big damage carry actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Can someone explain to me exactly what I can buy with gems besides heroes? I thought it was all the featured skins and mounts, but one of the Sir Murkalot skins was on the featured page a while ago and was only available for shards, the event skins look like the same thing, and even the generic cloud mounts that are featured right now are not buyable with gems. I've got 1200 gems and I was trying to figure out if I might as well buy the featured bundle (adjusted) for 931, since there's no guarantee I'll ever be able to use them for the specific stuff I want -- I would have grabbed Knight Murky or one of these clouds in a second if I could have.

It's not the loot boxes that are the problem, it's the fact that you can't ever directly buy what you want anymore.