Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ole Conor "Six foot arm" McGregor may be slightly confused about how things are measured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

he might not know how inches work but he's got a high fight iq

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im glad they finally got 1 pic of conor connecting on a guy with a Boxing Punch

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

DeimosRising posted:

Ole Conor "Six foot arm" McGregor may be slightly confused about how things are measured

:confused:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wwe getting real lazy with its names

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

His "full 74" reach" is the distance finger tip to finger tip when he puts both arms out, I was just being pedantic he's not punching a guy from 6 feet away like a gorilla or demonstrating his full 74" wingspan

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

His "full 74" reach" is the distance finger tip to finger tip when he puts both arms out, I was just being pedantic he's not punching a guy from 6 feet away like a gorilla or demonstrating his full 74" wingspan

You're going to look like a fool when McGregor starts spinning around the ring like a drat helicopter and bust through Floyd's defense.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Floyd Mayweather may be a master of the "Philly Shell" but how will he deal with with Conor McGregor's "Black Dranzer" of the Beyblade school of boxing?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Neither I nor anyone else actually watches boxing, but did Jeremy Horn actually win or was it just a bad decision?

Horn got boxed up pretty good but he did manage to give Pacquiao some color with a couple of headbutts so

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
The longer Conor's arms are, the more time it'll take to throw out a punch and thus to let Floyd slip it and counter.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Is there an audiobook version of the secret please

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Floyd is 5'8 with a 72" reach himself. Conor is only barely bigger.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The hype train is going to lead to another fight that 99% of people are going to say was boring and not worth the money.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TBeats posted:

The hype train is going to lead to another fight that 99% of people are going to say was boring and not worth the money.

Most people here are saying that it will be boring and not worth the money now, though?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

It will definitely be worth the money I pay to get hammered at a bar and laugh at everyone getting upset in the bar.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Is there an audiobook version of the secret please

Visualize yourself listening to it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you need to listen to it while doing your mewvment coach routine

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TBeats posted:

Correct, it will be a boxing match.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Josuke Higashikata posted:

you need to listen to it while doing your mewvment coach routine

Buy Conors lesson now at conormcgregorfast.com

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TBeats posted:

No way McGregor makes it 12 rounds.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What's the longest time Floyd has gone on the offensive? I can't picture how aggressive he would stay if McGregor offered just token feints to keep Floyd off.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kimbo305 posted:

What's the longest time Floyd has gone on the offensive? I can't picture how aggressive he would stay if McGregor offered just token feints to keep Floyd off.

When he was much younger and fighting at lighter weights he throw in combination often and was pretty aggressive offensively. He does it much less these days, but if he's fighting a guy with no defense he will let his hands go.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Ku7Knxf

https://media.giphy.com/media/85sQjHjMQS3K0/giphy.gif

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

big money big clit posted:

but if he's fighting a guy with no defense he will let his hands go.

Honestly though I think Floyd will carry him because it's better for the fight as a money maker and he doesn't give a poo poo about ~the fans.

He... may not be wrong? Boxers get screwed, but not Floyd. He's doing something right.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 5, 2017

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Keep in mind, Mayweather's hands are made of glass. He may let the fight ride to a decision, given that Conor is little to no threat to him in the ring. Plus we know Conor has poo poo cardio, and a 12 round boxing match is a marathon.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

If Conor gets tired like he did in the Diaz fights Mayweather will absolutely put him away. The fight going the distance makes no difference whatsoever for making money, all of the tickets will have been sold and the ppvs bought by that point.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I really hope so. I'd get a sort of carnival show appeal from seeing a real thrashing, champs used to do that more right? Hell, just grab someone out of the crowd.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yeah if Conor just randomly gets tired he'll probably lose. Hope he manages his energy better.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Yeah if Conor just randomly gets tired he'll probably lose. Hope he manages his energy better.

He's pretty young, should be fine

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Floyd doing the bare minimum required to win a tedious decision unambiguously is kind of his thing. Having fan unfriendly fights made him obscenely rich, and carrying a shambling Conor 12 rounds if it means people will buy his next ppv in the hopes of seeing him physically punished for wasting their time is starting to feel probable.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Anyone wanting to hazard a guess at the buyrate? Someone I know said five million (I think he just looked up Floyd/Pac and said a bigger number) but that seems insane for a whole bunch of reasons.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

3 to 4 million seems plausible unfortunately

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Is 12 2 minute boxing rounds somehow more tiring than 5 5 minute mma rounds? I doubt it.

The Darlok
May 25, 2006

I am watching you.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is 12 2 minute boxing rounds somehow more tiring than 5 5 minute mma rounds? I doubt it.

Probably, if you aren't even a boxer and are fighting one of the best boxers ever yeah I'd imagine it's a little more tiring

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Also the rounds are 3 minutes long?

And I mean, besides that, it's not about which is more tiring (and secretly which combat sport is better); it's that Conor isn't a boxer and is now tasked with competing against the best boxer. Would you expect a Rugby player, even a great one, to just show up to an American football game after half a year of practice and clean house?

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 6, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

Having fan unfriendly fights made him obscenely rich, and carrying a shambling Conor 12 rounds if it means people will buy his next ppv in the hopes of seeing him physically punished for wasting their time is starting to feel probable.

I don't think Floyd cares about selling another ppv. I don't think he cared about this one until it became obvious that it was a huge payday for an obscenely easy amount of work.

They're 3 minutes, so 36 total minutes of fighting, so yes, it's pretty tiring. Conor had gone five rounds once and he was running on fumes for the last three.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
every time i watch some stupid promo thing and start to think mcgregor has a chance i remember him running away from nate diaz.

you know what would actually be a cool boxing match? nate diaz vs mayweather. nate actually has boxing experience and demonstrably has better cardio than floyd. could floyd find his timing against nate's huge size advantage? that's the fight we'd be getting if bernie had run

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 13, 2017

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Even if boxing rounds were much less tiring than MMA rounds, Conor/Diaz 2 was pretty much all standup, and Conor still got tired after two rounds even though he was fighting much more efficiently than he was in the first fight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Its obviously not which is why its extremely funny to watch fans of the worst, most racist sport, boxing, predict conor to gas out in 3 rounds, literally one mma round except you get bathroom breaks twice.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Boxing is Sooooo hard guys, thats why nobody does it anymore. Too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

You all passed the test that I set to test your boxing knowledge.

• Locked thread