Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge going to give Gallinari a $25M deal and will say it was his plan all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge going to give Gallinari a $25M deal and will say it was his plan all along

It was my plan all along if you check my posts. Hire me Danny

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Clips going to have a real exciting 6th seed team
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882089503040692225

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Efb

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

6th?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Shumpert

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Clippers will pretty good for 50 games next year

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
gettin' real pumped for jokic-behind-the-back-fed 16' 'sap jumpers and murray and harris standing around looking bored

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fire Danny

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i wish mudiay wasn't bad

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hey, he was restricted in 2014. What did you want him to do

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I hate Danillo Gallinari's game. But he's about to get 20 million a year, and I'm just some dumbass on the internet.

e: and who the hell was LAC bidding against on this one? I'm shocked if there was anyone else offering Gallinari 15.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cool Buff Man posted:

Charlotte's the one that signed him to that offer sheet, apparently they ran a bunch of videos on the Jumbotron editing him dunking into Starcraft footage

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:clint:

Timestamp.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

Charlotte's the one that signed him to that offer sheet, apparently they ran a bunch of videos on the Jumbotron editing him dunking into Starcraft footage

Lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
having watch the soul get ripped out of that nuggets team when he tore his acl makes every drive a cringing moment now, but he'll still reliably get to the line 7-10 times a game and sgoot 35% from 3

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/882092338784423936

Can L.A. Not just sign him outright

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I hate Danillo Gallinari's game. But he's about to get 20 million a year, and I'm just some dumbass on the internet.

e: and who the hell was LAC bidding against on this one? I'm shocked if there was anyone else offering Gallinari 15.

I think Sacramento would have offered a big 2 year deal

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm going to make tracks in the sand of a wild Jimmy Butler and have Danny follow the tracks into a large, lit canon and then Blamo! To the moon!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I actually shouted 'NOOOOOO' at my screen before checking the timestamp.

Lol he got me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They want off Jamal's contract.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

"I just like messin' with people. They just ask me so much... yeah, I just like messin' with people."
:rolleye:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882093018186231808

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

ex post facho posted:

i wish mudiay wasn't bad

same.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm gonna get a tattoo in a kitchen tonight

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Can't fool me. Diamond Stone is just another name for cash considerations. gently caress you Doc

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/882092509744246786

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Tomorrows the nail in the coffin and the Celtics will have gained absolutely nothing and I can start putting all my faith in rookies

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I'd be really pissed if I had to root for the same team that just won 53 games and stood pat...zero reason they didn't improve

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Tomorrows the nail in the coffin and the Celtics will have gained absolutely nothing and I can start putting all my faith in rookies
Clearly as a Spurs fan I can empathize. Why isn't anyone insulting RC Buford? We still have our openly unhappy second fiddle aging PF who as far as I can tell still hasn't come back from the devastating move of unfollowing Spurs social media. I mean, we haven't done anything of value! Just (mostly) resigned a 61 win 2nd place team that was beating the best team in history before Georgian warcrimes.
I'm actually half unironic since the Western arms race of the last X weeks means standing pat is going backwards.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jamal back in Hotlanta what's Josh Smith up to

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ammanas posted:

I'd be really pissed if I had to root for the same team that just won 53 games and stood pat...zero reason they didn't improve

This, unironically

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Clearly as a Spurs fan I can empathize. Why isn't anyone insulting RC Buford? We still have our openly unhappy second fiddle aging PF who as far as I can tell still hasn't come back from the devastating move of unfollowing Spurs social media. I mean, we haven't done anything of value! Just (mostly) resigned a 61 win 2nd place team that was beating the best team in history before Georgian warcrimes.
I'm actually half unironic since the Western arms race of the last X weeks means standing pat is going backwards.

Clearly it only makes sense to trade LMA to Boston

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ammanas posted:

They added Tatum who looks good and Brown looks a bit more mature+refined.

For all the poo poo Ainge is getting, they look like they'll at least make the Conference Finals again and it's conceivable that they could add one or possibky two of Porter, Doncic, Ayton, or Bamba in the summer of 2018.

If LeBron leaves, they're up there with Philly as one of the projected better teams in the East over the next half decade.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Adding Hayward or George wouldn't have put Boston over Cleveland imo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm irrationally mad that Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford on the same team is not happening

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/882071429042380800

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I just made it past the KD Capitalist-Communist skirmish and reading the thread reboot in real time made me realize I love all of you.

Also Doc giving up another first that he might actually get to use upsets me. Throwing a first into every deal is what I do in 2K. It is not what an actual GM should be doing.

Oh poo poo, my beautiful basketball baby boy. Why?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol the Celtics

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

handsome ricky deserved better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ammanas posted:

The current crop of Celtics plus PG or Haywood don't beat LeBrontron or the Warriors anytime soon. In retrospect, Ainge's plan is to use all the Nets assets and Process his way to 2020 with the added luxury of a 50 win team to avoid the flak the Sixers got.

I still have no idea why he wanted Tatum tho

• Locked thread