Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

Hint: every religious person takes their holy text literally. Its just a question of degree

Hint: I'm a jew and disagree with your assessment of religious people. Shut the gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hint: I'm a jew and disagree with your assessment of religious people. Shut the gently caress up?

Hint: Then you aren't really religious, then are you?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

Hint: Then you aren't really religious, then are you?

No, I am. It might be that I'm more familiar with religion than you but not knowing something would really hurt your posting shtick, eh?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

No, I am. It might be that I'm more familiar with religion than you but not knowing something would really hurt your posting shtick, eh?

SO wait, you're super religious but don't take any texts literally? At all? Then whats the point?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jastiger posted:

Hint: every religious person takes their holy text literally. Its just a question of degree

A question of degree? How do you take something partially literally? "Well, when it says Jesus walked on water, that's only about 30% literal, he was probably just swimming really well"?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

A question of degree? How do you take something partially literally? "Well, when it says Jesus walked on water, that's only about 30% literal, he was probably just swimming really well"?

Are you handicapped in some way?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Jastiger vs Tiggum? This gon' be good.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the blind man, to the deaf man: "Are you handicapped in some way?"

my unpopular opinion: religion is dope, yo. not having a religion is dope, too. trying to argue over religion has never ever sparked any intelligent conversation, and only succeeds in unifying everyone of any religion against the two of you because its pretty much always the same argument every time

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The old saying "never talk about religion or politics" holds true. I tried to explain it to a Jewish democrat but she just did not get it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I wonder if we can get Bibs in here somehow.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

The old saying "never talk about religion or politics" holds true. I tried to explain it to a Jewish democrat but she just did not get it.

The saying of cowards and sycophants.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Slime posted:

Jastiger vs Tiggum? This gon' be good.

This is like a long awaited UFC fight! But with bad posting!

IIIIIIIIIIIT'S TIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Picky eaters are scum. They're lovely baby manchildren who should be dropped on a deserted island with all the food they need to survive but none of it being the specific things they like.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

Picky eaters are scum. They're lovely baby manchildren who should be dropped on a deserted island with all the food they need to survive but none of it being the specific things they like.

Yeah, but thanks to them, I can watch this video and feel a lot better about myself in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

EDIT: The true magic begins at 2:10.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

People that like ranch/mayonnaise are scum

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Mu Zeta posted:

People that like ranch/mayonnaise are scum

Even in deviled eggs or tuna salad? I mean, eating mayonnaise with a spoon or something, sure, but it has its place.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mayonnaise is a very common condiment/ingredient, used in South American, North American, European, and Asian cuisine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ranch does suck though. Might as well just pour buttermilk and pepper all over everything.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Even in deviled eggs or tuna salad? I mean, eating mayonnaise with a spoon or something, sure, but it has its place.

Yeah I also avoid chicken salad for that reason. Give me a drat vinaigrette or mustard based dressing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

Mayonnaise is a very common condiment/ingredient, used in South American, North American, European, and Asian cuisine.

America has taken ranch and mayonnaise to horrifying levels. It's fine to have some from time to time but you have no idea how many people have salads that are better described as "a bowl of mayo with some leaves sticking out of it."

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ranch does suck though. Might as well just pour buttermilk and pepper all over everything.

I mean... Do you not?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ranch is the ultimate riff raff condiment.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

I mean... Do you not?

That's what ketchup is for. :can:

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah I also avoid chicken salad for that reason. Give me a drat vinaigrette or mustard based dressing.

Deviled eggs are pretty mustard-based, aren't they? Hm.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My ex girlfriend used to make deviled eggs with mustard, sour cream, blended giardiniera, and paprika. It was the one thing I regretted about losing her.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i hate deviled eggs, they smell like farts

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ranch and mayonnaise are not in the same ballpark. Mayonnaise can be misused, but ranch can't be used in a good way.

You never see something that includes ranch just as an ingredient, anything with ranch becomes "ranch (thing)" it completely takes over the dish

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

My ex girlfriend used to make deviled eggs with mustard, sour cream, blended giardiniera, and paprika. It was the one thing I regretted about losing her.

Yes. This is what I'm saying. Deviled eggs are loving great.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Blue Star posted:

i hate deviled eggs, they smell like farts

I can eat trays full. 🐣

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I hope to hell deviled eggs aren't unpopular. What is this poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Deviled eggs are pretty mustard-based, aren't they? Hm.

I like the mustard part but a lot of people load it up with mayonnaise or even worse, sour cream or greek yogurt or something. So gross.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best vegetable is either peas or broccoli.

Cabbage isn't very nice.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Broccoli done right does a good job of soaking in flavors. I would never take peas over corn, though. Grilled corn is the best vegetable dish of the New World.

Cabbage is edible. Brussels Sprouts are nearly not.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Steam or microwave some peas, mix in a bunch of feta cheese while it's hot so it melts a bit. Put lots of black pepper on top. It's loving great.

Hey Whose Mule
May 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
'Moonrise Kingdom' is the best Wes Anderson film.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Caufman posted:

Cabbage is edible. Brussels Sprouts are nearly not.

I like sprouts.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Caufman posted:

Grilled corn is the best vegetable dish of the New World.
Did you forget that potatoes are from South America? Because you can't possibly be saying that corn is better than potatoes. Baked, mashed, fried, they're just great. :colbert:

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Mayonnaise hate is undeserved. It is the best condiment for anything you would normally put condiments on

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Mayonnaise hate is undeserved. It is the best condiment for anything you would normally put condiments on

Name checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Did you forget that potatoes are from South America? Because you can't possibly be saying that corn is better than potatoes. Baked, mashed, fried, they're just great. :colbert: