Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Nfcknblvbl posted:

He almost took me out with his shotgun even though I had the jump on him.

Okay. I thought this was going to be a 'hey look shotguns suck because he couldn't kill me in one shot post' but I watched the video and drat he must have hit your arms because your helmet and vest were undamaged and yet he still almost killed you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Game crashed 4 times before I finally got into a game.

Crashes suck and I'm still going to play another and another.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Ice Fist posted:

Okay. I thought this was going to be a 'hey look shotguns suck because he couldn't kill me in one shot post' but I watched the video and drat he must have hit your arms because your helmet and vest were undamaged and yet he still almost killed you.

yeah the non auto shotties will one shot you with arm/leg hits as well, since limbs actually take more damage than a level 3 vest

basically the only time those shotguns don't kill you is when they miss at least part of the shot

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
just had a fun moment where another guy and i were swimming out to a boat, both arrive at the same time and we played chinese fire drill swapping seats and getting in/out of the boat trying to shoot and avoid being shot by the other

i won, but of course the game crashed for the second time ever right after i started to loot his body :darksouls:

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

titanium posted:

So tonight I found out you can have a draw in a fist fight.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SnappyJollyEelCoolStoryBro

Also has anyone else noticed that at times the ump will single shot and not full auto even though its set to full auto?

Yea this happened to me with the ump and got me killed in a squad game where we had the advantage 4v2. Luckily my squad managed to still get the win.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I've also had the 'full-auto one shot' bug happen, the only thing less satisfying is crashing.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Man, people just really don't expect you to chase after them, at least early game. Almost everytime I charge a house with a pistol or shotty I'm gonna kill the guy.

The Glock owns, doubly so with a ext mag and reddot.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

rage-saq posted:

Those are quote obviously Saguaro Cacti, and as a proud Arizonan I can tell you those are only found in the southwest of North America (mostly in AZ). It could also just be lovely stock art while it gets more developed.

edit: also, a saguaro forest would be pretty neat to PUBG through, lots of low brush for cover and saguaros sticking out would really provide a lot of cover

wanna hunt men on that hillside

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
just installed and it gets stuck on the loading screen forever. Any idea how to fix it? I've already tried verifying the cache, doing this, playing with graphics settings and being patient.

e: might be a hardware issue, just had a similar issue with Magic Wand, a 25 mb game by the Goblet Grotto dude. See a lot of similar complaints though.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 4, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yesterday I threw away a sure win,

I landed at the school on top of the gym and picked up an S12K and an AR suppressor, feeling rather lucky I switched into cowardly mode and exited the school killing only two guys on the way out, I circled around the southern hill and into the apartment blocks where I managed to pick up an M16A4 and a 2x scope, not the ideal gear but definitely good enough, as I was going through an unlooted apartment building the circle kept shrinking right on my position and nobody seemed to try to get into my building, eventually the penultimate circle had a segment of my building and a clearing in it, so I waited on the roof, took out one guy who was waiting on the other side of the clearing and then waited, the circle shrunk to encompass only the clearing and VERY STUPIDLY I jumped to the ground without waiting to look who else would be coming out of my building.

Of course, I hit the ground just as the two guys who were camping the ground floor rushed out, one killed the other and I... died to the circle due to the fall damage. Literally waiting just 3 more seconds and looking down would've given me a free shot into the last man standing.

Oh well.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I've got all these new games from the sale I want to play but I'm only playing this help me

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I got it working and have never been happier coming 35th

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I got it working and have never been happier coming 35th

What did you do to get it working? I have the same issue.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I just restarted my computer after a bit and it worked. It might be a memory or connection issue, I don't know.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Many aussies play this game? I need friends to play with

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

I do but playing on US/EU servers isn't too bad either if you have US/EU friends

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

So this wallahck camera bug is still in the game yes? The open-chute-immediately and coast along for a really long time until it bugs out one, letting you see through walls when running into them?

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

I'm a sole trader who's seeing approximately zero jobs a week at the moment so I'd love a daytime duo buddy. Shoot me your steam profile. Evenings are becoming a bit poo poo as the housemates come home and eat the bandwidth watching x-grade tv shows.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rumble in the bunghole posted:

just installed and it gets stuck on the loading screen forever. Any idea how to fix it? I've already tried verifying the cache, doing this, playing with graphics settings and being patient.

e: might be a hardware issue, just had a similar issue with Magic Wand, a 25 mb game by the Goblet Grotto dude. See a lot of similar complaints though.

Are you opening it from steam? Trying to open from a shortcut yields the same result for me.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

titanium posted:

Also has anyone else noticed that at times the ump will single shot and not full auto even though its set to full auto?

Are you standing next to railings or walls? I've had them unexpectedly cause my dude pull up his gun

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Had the drop on a guy coming into one of those single towers out in the fields on the second floor. And as I fire since I'm crouching my bullets go straight into the desk that I'm behind even though my aim was right on him. I saw the red circle too late.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
This is an amazing kill.

https://twitter.com/Kei_Shaku/status/882032590638596096

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

turrible, turrible loot today. two games in a row, i had to go to the 2nd circle with nothing better than a pistol

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Efexeye posted:

turrible, turrible loot today. two games in a row, i had to go to the 2nd circle with nothing better than a pistol

Some of my best games are with terrible loot. Funny how it works out that way sometimes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Efexeye posted:

We've dropped Georgopol containers multiple times and walked out (or croaked in) with nothing more than shotguns and pistols multiple times. Something is fucky.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hamelekim posted:

Some of my best games are with terrible loot. Funny how it works out that way sometimes.

Same here, why loot yourself when there's 99 others out there doing all the work for you? All it takes is one guy to be your victim.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
God the M4 as a solo sniper is such garbage. Made it to top 5 with a ton of gear but got wrecked because I tried to trade shots with a guy with an M16 at range. I should've just backed off, so it's mostly my fault.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Just grabbed this game and getting thoroughly wrecked. Having some issues with keybinds though.

Traditionally, I bind the letter "F" as my prone key. Here it will let me assign binds tot he F key, but they don't do anything. Set it for prone and I cannot prone. Set it for fire and it will not fire.

Anyone run into anything like this before? Tried clearing the config info from within the AppData folder and verified game files.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Chair In A Basket posted:

Just grabbed this game and getting thoroughly wrecked. Having some issues with keybinds though.

Traditionally, I bind the letter "F" as my prone key. Here it will let me assign binds tot he F key, but they don't do anything. Set it for prone and I cannot prone. Set it for fire and it will not fire.

Anyone run into anything like this before? Tried clearing the config info from within the AppData folder and verified game files.

Are you double binding keys? I haven't had any issues rebinding actions to different keys or even my mouse buttons.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
I found a detailed spreadsheet with up-to-date information about how the shotgun damage works (apparently the spreadsheet I was using before had old numbers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ZI5GQDbCXl7IlVCVnEA6aZVfC7NFJLBsXPIAGFMNj4/edit#gid=1628213861

- The S686 and S1897 will kill someone with level 3 armor if all 9 pellets hit - but if your aim is off, they'll live. Hitting legs and arms will also kill in one hit.
- With no armor, it only takes 4 pellets, so even a glancing shot will kill.
- Headshots are lethal - even with a level three helmet, 4 pellets will kill.

This seems to jive with what I see in game where sometimes I'll need two shots when someone has level 3 body armor - apparently I'm not landing the full shot when that happens (it apparently has to be a perfect body shot according to the spreadsheet) So aiming center mass works fine as long as you don't gently caress up the shot. It also explains why I get better results when I shoot at upper body - you can also apparently kill people by shooting arms and legs as well, so it seems the thing that is really bad to do is aim at the torso and not hit it with the full shotgun blast.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

That's a loving Resident Evil movie series kill, complete with janky fake looking physics. It's marvelous.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Had an awesome game last night where I managed to win a 1v4 pitched firefight. Trying to keep tabs on 4 people at once while actually engaging them put my heart rate so high I thought it was gonna burst.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jigoku San posted:

Man, people just really don't expect you to chase after them, at least early game. Almost everytime I charge a house with a pistol or shotty I'm gonna kill the guy.

The Glock owns, doubly so with a ext mag and reddot.

Dude who landed on a city south of Yasnaya saw me landing on Yasnaya, left everything behind and hunted me with his duo partner. The chase took the entire first circle until they finally dropped dead. They really wanted to kill me.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

There's literally nothing more gratifying in this game than taking a safe player down as the blue takes you.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

And from the other point of view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFpWQ00Ch4&t=30s

This one is pretty rad too, dude jumps over a building on a bike then takes out two people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXF1hMmuwpA

This game is consuming my life, I should be studying for an exam but I've been playing this until the early hours of the morning.
No wins yet, but having plenty of fun regardless. Last night I threw a grenade at someone, it bounced off them and went straight for my squad mate.

Normally when I play shooters I get extremely salty and mad but this game only makes me laugh, I love it!

theperminator fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 5, 2017

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I've been on holiday and not at my computer. I'm having withdraws from pubg so I decided to watch it on twitch. I've never watched a popular stream before, and this poo poo is weird. I'm watching a guy play pubg with 25k people watching him and he's complaining about donations and telling people to stop because they are distracting him and he's saying things like he "hates his viewers" and donations just keep pouring in. What the gently caress is wrong with all of these people?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cosmicjim posted:

I've been on holiday and not at my computer. I'm having withdraws from pubg so I decided to watch it on twitch. I've never watched a popular stream before, and this poo poo is weird. I'm watching a guy play pubg with 25k people watching him and he's complaining about donations and telling people to stop because they are distracting him and he's saying things like he "hates his viewers" and donations just keep pouring in. What the gently caress is wrong with all of these people?

They are trolling him by giving him money

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I was shot in the helmet with a crossbow and this happened

I took the helmet off and the bolt remained. There needs to be a "remove bolt" button. Make it take off a little health or something.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no one is trolling anyone, he's putting on a show to entertain his stream by acting like receiving piles of money is a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Depends which streamer you're talking about. If it was 25,000 people then I'm assuming it was Summit.

He was kidding around with his chat yesterday because he wanted to get his PUBG solo rating up but every time he made it to the last ten they'd spam him with donations or videos in an effort to district him so he'd lose.

He normally bickers with his chat but it's not meant to be mean spirited.

• Locked thread