Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

How's the DLC? Is it worth the pricetag?

Unfortunately that's a question that wont have an answer til winter, but I'm enjoying the trial and the new quests so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
No vagina bones, no sale.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Them bones, them bones, them censored bones.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Unfortunately that's a question that wont have an answer til winter, but I'm enjoying the trial and the new quests so far!

Actually I didn't know the price was for all the DLC, hopefully the winter stuff is cool.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I didn't know anything about the game in question so I googled for the deets and lol

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

ok that censorship actually kind of owns

When looking up the censorship for the game in question, I kept thinking "Dump, stupid, this one doesn't even make sense..." and then I got to that one and thought "Whoa, a cool new character design, good job on this one."

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mega64 posted:

I will never admit to being a fan of video games to average people in my life cause gamer culture is hot trash that needs to be fired into the sun

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Golden Goat posted:

How's the DLC? Is it worth the pricetag?

I don't think so, but that's just my opinion. Maybe it will be when the second half drops later this year, but there's no a la carte option, so right now it's $20 for a handy map history function, a handful of new fan service outfits, a really long and challenging shrine, and a hard mode that just sounds flat out frustrating instead of challenging.

If the details of the second half of the DLC come out and it's just something like "one new not-really-a-dungeon and a new ending" then I'm gonna fee real weird about hard passing on the DLC to my favorite game of 2017.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I will never admit to being a fan of video games to average people in my life cause gamer culture is hot trash that needs to be fired into the sun

People won't mind if you admit you know me. I promise.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

John Lee posted:

When looking up the censorship for the game in question, I kept thinking "Dump, stupid, this one doesn't even make sense..." and then I got to that one and thought "Whoa, a cool new character design, good job on this one."

It actually fits much better in the story too, as that chapter's all about Tsubasa working up the courage to do a modelling photoshoot. It works much better with just plain getting in front of the camera confidently, rather than going all-out with a pervy gravure photoshoot it is in the original version. Incidentally, the actual Japanese dialogue's also been re-recorded to reflect the localization changes.

Which changes didn't make sense, out of curiosity? Because I'd fully agree that a couple of the costume changes are fairly petty, though Kiria gaining a set of pants for one of hers makes it look much better.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

VideoGames this is somewhat off-topic but when all of the Dr. Video Games #XYZ posters were on the forums, did you feel a bit inadequate?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

VideoGames this is somewhat off-topic but when all of the Dr. Video Games #XYZ posters were on the forums, did you feel a bit inadequate?

Back then I wasn't called VideoGames :)

I decided to make a lot of positive life changes a few years ago and that was when VideoGames became my new posting username. I actually quite like being called VG. It's a soothing sound in my head.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
All that isn't censorship, it's localization, since nobody made the company do it. And, if it makes you truly upset, like it does the dunces on NeoGAF, then you have mental issues.

Switch owns

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think people tend to conflate the colloquial idea of censorship (content gets toned down in a creative work) with the ethical concept of censorship (a person is restricted from freely expressing themselves). But it's perfectly possible to have the former without the latter-- for instance, an authour making revisions between their first and final drafts.

These types of changes in games are made through a voluntary, collaborative process, no coercion involved. But since the changes involve toning content down, dumb people get their wires crossed about it and act like it's a literal abridgement of human rights.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i've never played a xenoblade game and posted not knowing what the game looks like because "x has characters that i can imagine to be underage, therefore it's for pedos" is an alarmingly common goon viewpoint

if they actually came up with new outfits and characters designs instead of just doing lazy texture edits it's not a problem, and if they are all on par with that screenshot it's excellent

edit: or tokyo mirage sessions or whatever, whichever that screenshot is

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 4, 2017

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Guys, I find myself asking this a lot but...what just happened in this thread? How did we get here?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I remember Lin catcalling a giant mech in Xenoblade X.

That's like the only notable thing I remember besides the music.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Did Lin ever eat tatsu in the end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

EpicNemesis posted:

Guys, I find myself asking this a lot but...what just happened in this thread? How did we get here?

Nothing compliments rehashing e3 2013 every other week itt like a peppering of bizarre

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

EpicNemesis posted:

THE SWITCH THREAD IS PERFECT, DAMMIT

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just wait until the Switch Senran Kagura game comes out

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This thread is an adventure every time I read it every few days

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tatsu is an intelligent creature and seriously doesn't like being told he's gonna be eaten, he freaks the hell out every time. The recurring joke just makes all the other characters seem like assholes. Though most of them are assholes, one character is literally named Murderess and she murders people and everyone is fine with it.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Mega64 posted:

Nintendo Switch: No vagina bones, no sale.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I didn't know anything about the game in question so I googled for the deets and lol

https://twitter.com/Sebban_E/status/731131432140210176

Also they removed the boob slider from xenoblade chronicles X.

Edit: ^That guy knows what it's all about!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm not buying a game with a boob slider unless they also let me use it on male characters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one ever puts in butt sliders....

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

irlZaphod posted:

I'm not buying a game with a boob slider unless they also let me use it on male characters.

Dick slider

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Saints Row had awesome character creation sliders.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's not weird to have a boob slider if you also have sliders for lots of different body proportions, but XCX only had Height and Boob and nothing else so that was kinda awkward.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Sakurazuka posted:

its a shame. i need that big ole bubble booty

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Boob size should be determined by your answers to stranger's questions on a train

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's not weird to have a boob slider if you also have sliders for lots of different body proportions, but XCX only had Height and Boob and nothing else so that was kinda awkward.

yeah like who didn't just set everything to max

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Buca di Bepis posted:

yeah like who didn't just set everything to max

I would think the best strategy would be to set boobs to max and height to midget so you get the highest boobs to body ratio. You gotta min-max in RPGs bro.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Louisgod posted:

All that isn't censorship, it's localization, since nobody made the company do it. And, if it makes you truly upset, like it does the dunces on NeoGAF, then you have mental issues.

Switch owns

Pretty sure the dunces at NeoGAF were the people applauding it, not raging about it. They love to parade how "creepy" they think Japan is.

But yes the switch owns

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-3jDVTLdaQ&t=580s

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I still don't think Japanese creators should be pressured to change their games to appease the handful of neogaf sadasses and patreon funded "cultural critics" who will be outraged if the fictional anime pixel waifu has tits and "vag bones."

That is my hot take and I need some cooling ranch dip to soothe my burns.

Also the switch is perfect.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Norns posted:

Dick slider

Can't wait for Conan exiles switch edition

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bloodysabbath posted:

I still don't think Japanese creators should be pressured to change their games to appease the handful of neogaf sadasses and patreon funded "cultural critics" who will be outraged if the fictional anime pixel waifu has tits and "vag bones."

That is my hot take and I need some cooling ranch dip to soothe my burns.

Also the switch is perfect.

It's also way off the mark, as those same creators generally make any changes for western releases by their own choice.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

El Burbo posted:

Flick your joycon to... flick your joycon.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Nobody was pressuring anyone to remove or change anything from games. What happened was that they changed a few costumes in TMS #FE for Western release and some weirdos started flipping their poo poo over it. The same thing happened with FE: Fates and the removal of the face touching game. (Why is it always Fire Emblem-related games?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

El Burbo posted:

Lol, imagine a game like that or Ark without voicechat.

• Locked thread