Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes, I poo poo all over Jinder and people who enjoy his title reign because I literally don't find it even ironically entertaining and it represents everything lovely about who gets pushed in WWE and why. The Jinder Experiment is the one thing I will never find good. Ever.

Not even sorry.

Is it not good to like things? I myswelf try not to poo poo over your enjoyment of a product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dean's title run was good and I literally don't see why people think it wasn't. It was short but it was good. Plenty of good matches, peak Dean promo work, and crowds were into it. Also the post-loss chase was also really loving good with the matches at No Mercy and TLC. Guess it's just a meme or something. I'm not saying it was an all-timer and AJ absolutely should've taken it off of him, but Dean'ss cash-in and promo the night after by themselves were better than the entirety of Jinder's run could hope to be, and that completely discounts the rest of it.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Is it not good to like things? I myswelf try not to poo poo over your enjoyment of a product.

I've explained many times why I think Jinder's push is bad, not only because I think Jinder's bad but because of the message it sends. Furthermore, I'm genuinely curious what redeeming qualities anyone finds in it. I'm not trying to be a dick, help me here.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 1, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gatts posted:

Was the SHIELD always bad?

As a trio? Of course not

The second it was split up everyone expected it to be all downhill, and it really was. And it's going to get worse if they ever reunite long-term, because you know it'll be out of desire to get Reigns cheered consisently

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dean is good when he gives a poo poo, while Seth is actively worse when he gives a poo poo. Roman is always good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seth has that HBK/HHH gene where they do dumber and dumber nonsensical poo poo because they want to have an "epic match", when they're actually better without doing that kind of poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's terrible that there are non-white wrestling fans.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Excuse me? Shawn's match with Hogan is legendary.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

That's not the part I take issue with. Don't even try to tell me Jinder would've gotten this push if he still had the 3MB bod, demographics be damned.

If they pushed an Indian wrestler (or Canadian-Indian or whatever else) who wasn't necessarily a top talent but was good, cool. But they pushed an absolute roid-monster who always sounds like he's losing his voice, has terrible inflection, terrible facial expressions, and is just as bland as Randy in-ring, probably one of the few people I'd consider more bland.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 1, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gatts posted:

Excuse me? Shawn's match with Hogan is legendary.

That loving HHH/HBK match that went 50 minutes or something is like the quintessential "bad epic" style match. Actually virtually very big match HBK had after his comeback would qualify.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's not the part I take issue with. Don't even try to tell me Jinder would've gotten this push if he still had the 3MB bod, demographics be damned.

Hell Foochs sometimes people get pushed because of how they look. Wrestling is just like any other show business, it's always worked that way.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jinder Mahal has passed more drug tests than any other world champ in WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hell Foochs sometimes people get pushed because of how they look. Wrestling is just like any other show business, it's always worked that way.

I understand that. Doesn't mean I have to like it or that I'm wrong. Also looking at Jinder physically grosses me out. He's more gross than Steiner. Like when he first came back he was roided, but at least looked something approaching human. Even in the brief tag team with Rusev I don't remember thinking :gonk:, and that was when the "Hardbody Mahal" thing started. But now, Good God.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I care about what others think wrt different wrestlers. I care a lot about others opinions on physiques, race, workrate and promos. These are important things to me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

I care about what others think wrt different wrestlers. I care a lot about others opinions on physiques, race, workrate and promos. These are important things to me.

*bows out of thread, waits for spoilers*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If they pushed an Indian wrestler (or Canadian-Indian or whatever else) who wasn't necessarily a top talent but was good, cool. But they pushed an absolute roid-monster who always sounds like he's losing his voice, has terrible inflection, terrible facial expressions, and is just as bland as Randy in-ring, probably one of the few people I'd consider more bland.

What? No, I wasn't talking to you. I was just quoting a recent Randy Orton tweet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:gas:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:fork:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wow look at all these spoilers!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alvarez heard Styles/Nakamura is a plan for Summerslam

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

seen it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's a spoiler for ya: Bow Wow for the Big Dog.

Aphrodite posted:

And here I thought we were friends. :smith:

Chris James 2 posted:

Alvarez heard Styles/Nakamura is a plan for Summerslam

Too soon. Run that poo poo out to Mania, have one of AJ or Shin win the Rumble (Roman doesn't loving need it he can just loving win at Fastlane again) and make it for the WWE Championship.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

false alarm, folks, alvarez is always wrong

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Possible Slammiversary spoilers: TV Guide is hinting that El Patron may win the TNA/GFW title and also join LAX?

http://nodq.com/news/501036003.shtml

http://nodq.com/news/501034865.shtml

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Del Rio title unification was honestly completely predictable from the moment that match was announced

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Chris James 2 posted:

The Del Rio title unification was honestly completely predictable from the moment that match was announced

I guess in theory its good booking because Lashley continually screwed Del Rio while beating all his other challengers legit, so Del Rio had to go above and beyond by becoming another company's champion to overcome Bobbo's evil monster heelness? And it was at the second biggest show after a lengthy build and kicks off the rebranding with a theoretically hot babyface as undisputed champion which leaves them wide open for long-term planning toward their Biggest Show at Bound for Glory? Its hard to tell when TNA, or I guess GFW now, is doing smart things vs when they do dumb things because they have such history of taking what ought to be good and making it suck.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At the very least it's the most well-booked Del Rio's been in years. Whether one feels he deserves it or not is the only questionable aspect

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Chris James 2 posted:

At the very least it's the most well-booked Del Rio's been in years. Whether one feels he deserves it or not is the only questionable aspect

Well, you can invest a lot of emotion into a super talented wrestler and wait for him to finally get the booking and character he's merited for years only to then spiral into depression for several days because he revels the kind of person he really is behind the scenes (say by, I dunno, liking a tweet about how Muslim Invaders are destroying America just to make up a random example) or you can find it in you to separate the human being from the character he portrays despite that being harder in wrestling than any other form of scripted entertainment.

I'm still working on that so I don't blame you if you can't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GFW brought back the Super X Cup at the Impact taping

ACH is part of it

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

GFW brought back the Super X Cup at the Impact taping

ACH is part of it

This is only the beginning of the debuts this week for GFW. Feast your eyes!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Being a gigantic idiot baby about the WWE on Twitter seems to be the way to the top on the indies now, Ryback is missing out big.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ACH you loving idiot

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

ACH you loving idiot
I mean he probably got an offer from them while not getting anything from the Fed because they are log jammed with talent right now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tna would have to do something truly remarkable to book ach any weaker than roh or evolve

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean he probably got an offer from them while not getting anything from the Fed because they are log jammed with talent right now.

More or less. He's kind of on probation with WWE due prior behavior/attitude issues. Mark Henry and William Regal maintain an interest in him. CWC 2 got delayed by the MYC so there's no real openings.

TNA isn't a black these days anyways.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
sammy guevarra is perfect for the x division so that he doesn't show up on any other show and can just stagnate there jobbing to trevor lee and low ki

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Roque11 posted:

This is only the beginning of the debuts this week for GFW. Feast your eyes!

lmfao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GFW

Alberto Del Rio celebrates his title unification with his dad and brother. Lashley interrupts, uses rematch clause. The rematch is tonight's main event
Sonjay Dutt defeats Caleb Konley. Post-match Trevor Lee lays out Dutt, and leaves with Dutt's X title
Matt Sydal defeats Braxton Sutter (with Allie). Post-match Sutter blames Allie for the loss
Veterans of War, Grado, and Eddie Edwards defeat Eli Drake, Chris Adonis, Fallah Bahh, and Mario Bokara. Post-match Joseph Park comes out and tells Grado he must leave due to a contract employment issue. Grado asks for help and they leave together
Sienna (with KM) defeats Rebel
The return of the Super X Cup is announced. Participants: Desmond Xavier, Idris Abraham, ACH, Andrew Everett, Drago, Taiji Ishimori, Davey RIchards, and Sammy Guevara
Round 1 matchup: Desmond defeats Idris
Round 1 matchup: ACH defeats Everett
Drago and Ishimori defeat Davey and Sammy
Gail Kim announces she'll retire in 2017, and she wants to go out on top in the place she calls home
Octagoncito defeats Demus 3:16 in a special attraction mini-estrella match
Lashley defeats Del Rio by DQ. Del Rio gets KO'd and Lashley has the win in sight, but LAX attack. Konnan announces Del Rio as LAX's newest soldier and carry him out of the ring to end the show

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 4, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wasn't Sutter fighting for months to get with Allie? And they're breaking them up already, haha

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wasn't Sutter fighting for months to get with Allie? And they're breaking them up already, haha

yay breakup angles on real life marriages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Lol first title defense is an "actually he lost but keeps title by screwjob"