Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Bossk, IG-88B, IG crew, Gunner and a cannon? What was his reasoning?

He did a bizarre logical somersault where once you resolve IG88B you're done, you don't go back and also resolve gunner, and he spent eons arguing said logical somersault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Friend of mine offered a contracted scout if I want to borrow it for the next store championship that makes 3.....

Not going to run the Bumpmaster list that I have been talking about. Think I may go with 3 torp scouts. The bump list will be there and this should give it a run for its money. Debating between intel agent or a point for the bid.

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Feel dirty but not 4 TLT dirty.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im going to try to and win at least 1 store champ with Horton. Im thinking either of these

Horton Salm (38)
Y-Wing (25), R2-D6 (1), Twin Laser Turret (6), Vectored Thrusters (2), Expertise (4)

Biggs Darklighter (26)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Norra Wexley (36)
ARC-170 (29), R2-D2 (4), Push the Limit (3), Alliance Overhaul (0)

or

Horton Salm (38)
Y-Wing (25), R2-D6 (1), Twin Laser Turret (6), Vectored Thrusters (2), Expertise (4)

Rey (62)
YT-1300 (45), Expertise (4), Kanan Jarrus (3), Finn (5), Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop Version) (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Looks like the next League will be No Unique Pilots and No Duplicate Generic Pilots. Hmm..

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Looks like the next League will be No Unique Pilots and No Duplicate Generic Pilots. Hmm..

That's rather silly

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

K-Wing: Guardian Squadron Pilot (40)
Advanced SLAM (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Seismic Charges (2)
Proximity Mines (3)
•Sabine Wren (2)
Extra Munitions (2)

T-70 X-Wing: Red Squadron Veteran (32)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Juke (2)
R3 Astromech (2)
Sensor cluster (2)

Y-Wing: Gray Squadron Pilot (28)
BTL-A4 Y-wing (0)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
•R3-A2 (2)

Total: 100/100

I don't actually know how K-wings are outfitted these days.

tatertot
Aug 29, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

JumpMaster 5000: Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
K4 Security Droid (3)
· Punishing One (12)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Protectorate Starfighter: Concord Dawn Veteran (22)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Protectorate Starfighter: Concord Dawn Ace (23)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some guys from league went to Olney, Illinois for a Store Champ.

quote:

Yeah...that final was so bad. We had no idea that it was not 2 hours nor that he had started the clock when he announced the final. He said to start whenever we were ready. So we went to the bathroom, bantered for a bit and slowly setup. Then after about 40 minutes we heard him say the words "10 minutes" from the other room and we were joking about how that was obviously not for us. Then 5 minutes later he popped in and said 5 minutes and we were like WHaT?! We had enough time for one more turn and I was in a place with my ghost where he could take lovely maneuvers and just TL with all his ships and there was no way I could take one of his ships off the board but he could get all his guns on me and I was down 3 shields so he needed to do 5 damage to get me to half health and win.

Meanwhile, the store owner was selling his Destiny Store Champs kit to someone instead of running the tournament.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Two years ago, this kind of poo poo was the norm, not the exception.

FFG's organized play department is getting better about setting rules and guidelines for participating stores. And, slowly, they're starting to comply.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Some guys from league went to Olney, Illinois for a Store Champ.

Meanwhile, the store owner was selling his Destiny Store Champs kit to someone instead of running the tournament.

Did they report it to FFG's organized play feedback web form email thinger?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Devlan Mud posted:

Did they report it to FFG's organized play feedback web form email thinger?

He said he's going to email the owner to talk about it. It's the first tournament he's ever ran, and they just got an X-wing group back together after a couple years, and he doesn't want to potentially pull the rug out from under them. Doesn't mean he wouldn't next time though.

G-1A Starfighter: Gand Findsman (30)
•Mist Hunter (0)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Tractor Beam (1)

Kihraxz Fighter: Black Sun Ace (28)
Hull Upgrade (2)
Vectored Thrusters (1)
Pulsed Ray Shield (1)
Vaksai (0)
Attanni Mindlink (0)
Glitterstim (1)

Protectorate Star.: Concord Dawn Ace (27)
Autothrusters (2)
Attanni Mindlink (1)

Z-95 Headhunter: Black Sun Soldier (15)
Guidance Chips (0)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

Total: 100/100

Thoughts on No Uniques and No Generic Duplicate Pilots?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Well, selling off the Destiny kit probably warrants reporting a lot more than the Xwing shenanigans, for what it's worth.

Anywho for content, I'm trying to figure out the best way to combine a double tapping Ghost with Miranda as the store champs I'm actually attending loom. Any obvious thoughts I might be overlooking?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Devlan Mud posted:

Well, selling off the Destiny kit probably warrants reporting a lot more than the Xwing shenanigans, for what it's worth.

Anywho for content, I'm trying to figure out the best way to combine a double tapping Ghost with Miranda as the store champs I'm actually attending loom. Any obvious thoughts I might be overlooking?

The obvious thought is that that's probably too expensive not to have to compromise too much on Mira and won't work.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

thespaceinvader posted:

The obvious thought is that that's probably too expensive not to have to compromise too much on Mira and won't work.

Yeah. Lothal rebel with TLT, Zeb, and Miranda with TLT is 94 points. 6 points does not a good Miranda make

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Devlan Mud posted:

Ive tried to make that list work since about 2 weeks before worlds. Bottom line is its just too expensive to work. If you want to go down a similar road i would suggest switching miranda for either Horton or the low PS kwing

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So i'm getting away from my nearly undefeated Attani Fenn/Kavil/Zuckuss list since I just know FFG is going to drop some huge FAQ shortly after the next wave comes out, and I want to go back to Imperials. This Vessery/Valen combo has been MVP so far, and I'm trying ot find the right 3rd ship. Goin' try this next time.

Colonel Vessery (35)
Expertise (4)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Valen Rudor (22)
Juke (2)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

"Backdraft" (27)
Expertise (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Any reason you'd take Valen Rudor instead of Omega Leader there? Same HP, better survivabilty and offense thanks to his ability.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

enigmahfc posted:

So i'm getting away from my nearly undefeated Attani Fenn/Kavil/Zuckuss list

I'm curious to see this list, been looking for a spot to fit Zuckuss.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

How does Zuckuss not just die right away to TLTs?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Zigmoose posted:

I'm curious to see this list, been looking for a spot to fit Zuckuss.

Fenn Rau (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)

Zuckuss (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Dengar (3)
Collision Detector (0)
Tractor Beam (1)
Mist Hunter (0)

Kavil (24)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)

Total: 99

I've lost with this twice; once when I first tried it and fly right into the mouth of a Ghost (totally my fault), and once because I forgot the Miranda I was fighting has AutoBlaster instead of default TLT's. Like, I said, I love this list, but I just know some Attanni FAQ is going to drop any minute now and gently caress the whole thing. I hate getting dependent on one list.

ConfusedUs posted:

Any reason you'd take Valen Rudor instead of Omega Leader there? Same HP, better survivabilty and offense thanks to his ability.

Because everyone takes Omega Leader and I just want to use a guy I don;t see as often (Hence why I used Kavil over a Scout in my Attanni list). Plus, Valen and Vessery have been a power house together and I love getting boosts and Barrel rolls after activation. Also, My Omega Leader figure is cursed by an angry ghost and dies really fast no matter what I do or who I play against.

canyoneer posted:

Never had a problem with it, and I have fought a couple 4 TLT list it. Just get in their face with all 3 ships ships and at least 1 TLT dies a turn. Plus, LOL at anyone using 4 TLT lists nowadays

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 3, 2017

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

There are very few TLT toters that can stand up to the combined might of Fenn and Zuckuss for long enough TBH. If you're talkign about quad TLTs this list struggles NOT to one-round them.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thespaceinvader posted:

There are very few TLT toters that can stand up to the combined might of Fenn and Zuckuss for long enough TBH. If you're talkign about quad TLTs this list struggles NOT to one-round them.

Basically this. having 2 ships throw 5 dice into a Y-Wing means the Y-Wing is dead before it can shoot. Then its just positioning to make sure as few of the other can shoot you as possible.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

This was my experience running Fenn + Zuckuss + Manaroo.

If Biggs wasn't involved, the TLT carrier usually died before Zuckuss did. If Biggs was involved, I could usually trade Zuckuss for Biggs + the TLT carrier.

The exception was Kanan/Biggs, which almost always came down to Fenn vs Kanan.

Source: I took out 4x TLTs at the Plano Regional and didn't lose a ship, and took out two Kanan/Biggs combos (both of which ended up in the top 16 with me as their only loss). I made top 8.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Really pathetic call for help:

I have some coworkers who keep inviting me to play X-Wing, and I've put it off for too long. I've been collecting ships since the beginning and have access to everything, and multiples of most, but haven't actually played since around when Scum first dropped. I'm out of practice, and unfamiliar with how any of the current ships/lists actually play.

What's an easy-to-fly, not-completely-under-powered list I could put together for a game this week? I've got two of things like the Falcon, IG-2000 and Slave I, and at least one of every ship they've released.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ville Valo posted:

Really pathetic call for help:

I have some coworkers who keep inviting me to play X-Wing, and I've put it off for too long. I've been collecting ships since the beginning and have access to everything, and multiples of most, but haven't actually played since around when Scum first dropped. I'm out of practice, and unfamiliar with how any of the current ships/lists actually play.

What's an easy-to-fly, not-completely-under-powered list I could put together for a game this week? I've got two of things like the Falcon, IG-2000 and Slave I, and at least one of every ship they've released.

Two IGs. Easiest to play. And IGfws are basically jack of all trades. Master of none. There's a very simple list with heavy laser cannon, autothruster, crack shot and glitterstim.

Very hard hitting. Very survivable.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Thundercracker posted:

Two IGs. Easiest to play. And IGfws are basically jack of all trades. Master of none. There's a very simple list with heavy laser cannon, autothruster, crack shot and glitterstim.

Very hard hitting. Very survivable.

Sweet, I like the sound of that. You use B and C, both with that loadout? Or A and B?

Edit:

VVVV Great, thanks! I'll give it a try against my coworkers later this week. VVVV

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 4, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

99% of lists use B and C. D is fun for casual play as long as you can envision where you'll end up. A is typically useless unless you know you're going to be facing a swarm; most lists these days are 2-3 ships, maybe four. You won't get too much value from that ability, even though it applies to both ships.

There is also an IG-88D crew card in the Shadow Caster expansion. The ship he's on gets the pilot ability of any other friendly IG ships on the board.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Don't forget fire control systems on the brobots.

There are two local guys who are Brobot wizards. Brobots are still such a gnarly list in the right hands.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Honestly, with impossible to hit low health aces largely out of the meta, I think Adv sensor with predator could be the top build. Swap one HLC for ion and watch Miranda flounder.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
Are there any suggestions on how to run sensible 3 player battles without the usual danger of 2 players ganging up on 3rd, or leaving one player out at end with 2 players left.
I've been playing with both my kids on same team against me, but they really want to have their own teams, so Rebels vs Imperials vs Scum needs to work.
(Also, I work with someone called Tie Wang... wonder if I can organize office game night)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

illectro posted:

Are there any suggestions on how to run sensible 3 player battles without the usual danger of 2 players ganging up on 3rd, or leaving one player out at end with 2 players left.
I've been playing with both my kids on same team against me, but they really want to have their own teams, so Rebels vs Imperials vs Scum needs to work.
(Also, I work with someone called Tie Wang... wonder if I can organize office game night)

Well, you either enforce a rule that a can only attack b, b only c, and c only a until one is eliminated, or build in asymmetrical from the start; one player plays two squads, the other two each have one squad, and it's two on one. Or play scenarios where the different players have different objectives.

Deadmeat
Jul 18, 2006

illectro posted:

Maybe something like the Furball rules, where scoring is based on kills/damage done and ships get respawned/replaced? You play for a number of rounds (or duration) and total up points at the end.

Some suggested rules can be seen at https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1174330/furball-great-way-introduce-new-players-x-wing and https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/42gfmv/furball_rules/ and a video of it in action is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qUPQmdiW8w.

It's generally designed for a single ship per player, but you could probably extend it to a full list each.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Deadmeat posted:

Maybe something like the Furball rules, where scoring is based on kills/damage done and ships get respawned/replaced? You play for a number of rounds (or duration) and total up points at the end.

Some suggested rules can be seen at https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1174330/furball-great-way-introduce-new-players-x-wing and https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/42gfmv/furball_rules/ and a video of it in action is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qUPQmdiW8w.

It's generally designed for a single ship per player, but you could probably extend it to a full list each.

Christ you must be psychic. I was just coming to ask for a good set of rules for 35 point battles.

I have been asked to be TO smaller tourneys since our current TO lives 7 hours away now. He will be up for store champs and stuff like that since his family owns the shop.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

While people were discussing the rules for upcoming league, ol' boy chimed in.

This is a man in this late 30s.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

While people were discussing the rules for upcoming league, ol' boy chimed in.

This is a man in this late 30s.

Sounds like the target audience for Games Workshop.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Devlan Mud posted:

Sounds like the target audience for Games Workshop.

You'd think a GW player would be familiar with houserules, considering how the RAW are. :v:
More seriously, it just looks like some casual player who don't really get the rules and just found out the ruleset calls up on skills he doesn't really have? And that's... Uh? Well, alright?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Iceclaw posted:

You'd think a GW player would be familiar with houserules, considering how the RAW are. :v:
More seriously, it just looks like some casual player who don't really get the rules and just found out the ruleset calls up on skills he doesn't really have? And that's... Uh? Well, alright?

From other players reports, he is a real rear end in a top hat to play against.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The more I look at it the less likely I think I am going to go to the Australian Nationals this year. It's in QLD which isn't a big deal you can get round trip from Sydney for $200. However the tournament is no where near the airport. It's a 2 1/2 trip via train. Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
This seems like a fun list.

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability (0)
Intelligence Agent (1)
R5-P8 (3)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability (0)
Tactician (2)
R4 Agromech (2)
Feedback Array (2)

You can tweak the bumpmasters to taste. Swapping all the epts for mindlink is probably better too.

e:

Something like this maybe

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Intelligence Agent (1)
R4 Agromech (2)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Tactician (2)
R4 Agromech (2)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

This discussion of Brobots lately has got me thinking of slapping Intensity on them to get Focus + Evade when you boost with IG88-C, that's either a lot of modifiers with a FCS, or boosting constantly with Advanced Sensors.

• Locked thread