Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Lol the tragicomic Peri pull from the previous Tempest Trials banner that reset my 4% chance at whaling for Nowi is suddenly useful... I'm thinking about using a Reinhardt, Ryoma, Peri, and Julia team. This set up could actually get me an arena score high enough for Tier 20 for the first time ever.

Any ideas on building Peri? I'm thinking that I might just want her to be a buffing / healing / repositioning machine, but her attack is monstreous enough that I could be convinced to go a different route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I finally have a pull worthy to post!

My joy is slightly tempered by minus Attack on Sanaki and minus Speed on Ninian though.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I just got a Summer Frederick, who should be more useful in arena than the 4* Sakura I was gonna use. Whee!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ungulateman posted:

Bonfire or Ignis on Quick Riposte Xander?

This arena cycle is going to suck anyway because I have to run either Alfonse or Gunter and they're both terrible :shepface:

Youre hurting the big mans feelings.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

making GBS threads on Alfonse is a national pastime, I know, but he really has a perfectly usable stat spread.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he just has the worst weapon.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

he just has the worst weapon.

It's better than a silver sword.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

making GBS threads on Alfonse is a national pastime, I know, but he really has a perfectly usable stat spread.

His stats are usable but not good. In the sea of a million swordlords he is very unremarkable.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
he's probably the best brave sword user though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ungulateman posted:

Bonfire or Ignis on Quick Riposte Xander?

This arena cycle is going to suck anyway because I have to run either Alfonse or Gunter and they're both terrible :shepface:

I run Bonfire on mine and he kicks rear end.

Also if you run Horse Emblem, Gunter is fine because he has one of the horse buffs. Just stick him next to the others and make them better.

Or be like me and run a Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt Arena core and just have Alfonse hide in the corner. I could bring Gunter instead but my last 4* one went to Reinhardt to give him Hone Cavalry.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

he's probably the best brave sword user though.

Chrom has higher base attack and can get a +ATK nature.

Alm, Hana, Luke, Ike, Ryoma, Lucina, Ogma and Seliph can also get higher ATK than him with a +ATK nature.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Andrast posted:

His stats are usable but not good. In the sea of a million swordlords he is very unremarkable.

I'm just saying that he can perform perfectly fine in arena. And unlike other swordlords he's a regular bonus unit, so SI'ing him is hardly a waste.

e: Even with his default weapon, slapping a Swordbreaker on him already makes him a usable unit since that's +12 damage with his native Death Blow. Reciprocal Aid can also reliably get him under 50% for that +5 Atk boost, so he can get into OHKO range of more green units and some frailer red/colorless ones.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 4, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm just saying that he can perform perfectly fine in arena. And unlike other swordlords he's a regular bonus unit, so SI'ing him is hardly a waste.

Sure, I agree.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I just got a Summer Frederick, who should be more useful in arena than the 4* Sakura I was gonna use. Whee!

Eh, debatable. Throw Rehabilitate onto Sakura and she's a perfectly fine support to a good three-man core. Freddy's not a terrible unit, but debuffers aren't that great in Arena now. He's got enough ATK that he can do some serious damage, but 'physically bulky slowish ranged unit' has never been that great outside of MRobin.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I finally broke my 4.5% pity rate... and I did it by getting frustrated and pulling red. Sanaki, +def, -spd. From what I can tell she doesn't care about either of those stats one way or another so I guess I'll just give her red tomebreaker, use her as Lilina but better, and just be glad that that hideous pity rate is gone and can't tempt me anymore.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

Alm, Hana, Luke, Ike, Ryoma, Lucina, Ogma and Seliph can also get higher ATK than him with a +ATK nature.

Most of those are never going to be bonus units again

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Most of those are never going to be bonus units again

I don't see what that has to do with him not being the best brave sword user

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So the math checks out that the difference between a 40% unit and a 20% is like maybe 10 runs. So don't pull on this lackluster tempest banner.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Tae posted:

So the math checks out that the difference between a 40% unit and a 20% is like maybe 10 runs. So don't pull on this lackluster tempest banner.

For the 50k or 99k reward? I'm assuming we are talking about hypothetically getting a perfect run on the lunatic 7 round difficulty?

Anyways, assuming an average of ~15 minutes per run, that's still 150 minutes of our lives that we will never get back. I can agree that spending orbs is not worth it, but ugh this grind.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Tae posted:

Wish I knew about this before I blew 100 orbs. :suicide:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

Correction: Alfonse is the most reliable and best brave sword user unless you managed to get lucky with rolls.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Correction: Alfonse is the most reliable and best brave sword user unless you managed to get lucky with rolls.

Hana is free (and has 35 ATK at neutral, just like Alfonse)

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 4, 2017

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Andrast posted:

Hana is free (and has 35 ATK at neutral, just like Alfonse)

Hana isn't a semiregular arena unit though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Summer Fred is at least pulling his weight in arena, letting other units get easier kills thanks to hitting every stat.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

I agree. Alfonso is a good 5* promote for that reason (same with Anna and Sharena).

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Used the free orbs to do a second Summer banner pull. Didn't get any of the limited units, but oh hey it's a +Atk/-Res Hinoka.

Considering I already have a +Atk Cordelia, (Albeit a 4* one.) a bunch of 5* and 4* Pallas and a 5* Caeda, I think it's time to feed Bunmilla a Nino.

Sadly I don't have any Death Blow sources for Hinoka and Cordelia, and I still haven't gotten another Hinata, so no Fury for Bunmilla either.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 4, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sophism posted:

Used the free orbs to do a second Summer banner pull. Didn't get any of the limited units, but oh hey it's a +Atk/-Res Hinoka.

Considering I already have a +Atk Cordelia, (Albeit a 4* one.) a bunch of of 5* and 4* Pallas and a 5* Caeda, I think it's time to feed Bunmilla a Nino.

Sadly I don't have any Death Blow sources for Hinoka and Cordelia, and I still haven't gotten another Hinata, so no Fury for Bunmilla either.

Both death blow and darting blow work well for Bunilla too. Legion has fury 2 at 4* if you are willing to settle.

I'm running Darting blow and even without a speed nature she can double pretty well in flier emblem. With just hone fliers she will have 37 speed and 41 with a goad. It helps her get the kill on targets she can't OHKO otherwise.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 4, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Hana's in every fifth rotation. Alfonse's in every third.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hana's in every fifth rotation. Alfonse's in every third.

Which is still a plus for Alfonse since he shows up more often.

korben
Aug 14, 2002
I didn't realize it for a while, but there is a pattern for the free "hero battle" units that overlaps with the default Askr units:
1. Alfonse / Sophia / Gunter
2. Sharena / Virion / Cecilia
3. Anna / Hana / Felicia
4. Alfonse / Subaki / Wrys
5. Sharena / Donnel / Olivia
6. Anna / Lissa / Stahl

It's unfortunate that Sharena overlaps with Cecilia & Olivia, I wish she was offset by one.

korben fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 4, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So if I promote Gunter or Sofia I never need to use Alfonse since I already have a 5* Subaki? Sounds great.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 4, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
your hatred for Alfonse hurts me

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Andrast posted:

Both death blow and darting blow work well for Bunilla too. Legion has fury 2 at 4* if you are willing to settle.

I'm running Darting blow and even without a speed nature she can double pretty well in flier emblem. With just hone fliers she will have 37 speed and 41 with a goad. It helps her get the kill on targets she can't OHKO otherwise.

The only skill I tend to settle for a rank 2 instead of 3 is Quick Riposte. That said, Darting Blow is a great idea until the game decides to give me more Hinatas. Glad I kept my Florina spares.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

The most hosed up poo poo I have ever seen in arena

36 Attack, what's the point

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

"You're the tactician for this group? Oh, no, it's nothing."

Glad to hear that Soren is still a jerk. Though, considering some of the stupid decisions I make in arena, I probably deserve that one.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Well, did he gently caress you up? :v:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Murderion posted:

Well, did he gently caress you up? :v:

This week was actually pretty easy, I lost the first match to Horse Emblem because I mistapped and moved Reinhardt into Cecilia range but the rest were all easy with like a 684 average. 4842 total should be safe for Tier 20

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I raise you this thing I saw a few weeks back

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I am become Alfonse, destroyer mild annoyance of arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
So I wanna build flier emblem, but I don't have hinoka so there's no hone fliers. I've got cordelia, Camilla, and caeda at 5* and in 4* I have cherche, catria, and Subaru as worthwhile ones. Any ideas?