Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm looking forward to the hilarious things people waste their back pay on.

I invested it all like a boring no-fun loser :smith: but after retiring I will then use the new, larger sum to make ALL OF THE BAD DECISIONS AT ONCE!

Also, realchat - if there's anyone out there who's done AOC or has SO experience at reg't/battle group+ and willing to answer some questions, please PM me! I have some questions about army stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Water777
Mar 19, 2015
never ppcli. ever.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, at least the RCR officers seem fun. When I was doing my dp1 in gagetown some RCR officer was caught selling his troops coke and steroids.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

Frankie! posted:

Congrats, Compressioncut. How long is the wait for the OTU nowadays? They tell us it's still years out in Phase 2....

Dunno, it constantly changes. Supposedly some pipes on the conversion course now, but I'm not really in touch yet. I don't think they are equipped to do an OTU as such because the helicopters they have don't have all the mission kit etc. They seem pretty excited to populate the pipeline, though - there have been four Cyclone selections the past two courses, to add to the dozen or so pipes who missed the final Sea King course.

Whatever they tell you in Moose Jaw is complete fantasy, cuz they don't even know in Portage.

If you want to fly immediately out of Ph3, you're going to have to go Griffon of some kind, tac hel or yellow. All the other airframes have a pretty significant wait at the moment (Chinook, Cyclone, Cormorant). But, poo poo changes weekly so don't base your decision on that.

One tip for anyone wanting a specific selection, helo-wise: don't waffle! If you want something, push for it, be convincing from day one. Any sign of weakness will get you 408 Sqn (430 if you're Franco). Also, don't be a dick, work reasonably hard, and the course director will go to bat for you.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

JR spending will never be more funny or tragic than the parking lots outside the shacks transforming into a Mustang/Camaro/F-150 dealership after every roto.

binhex
Aug 17, 2008
Which one of you was this: http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/07/03/navy-members-indigenous-ceremony-halifax_a_23014808/

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You get a charge parade!

And you get a charge parade!

CHARGE PARADES FOR EVERYONE!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Always during my week off.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ottawa boat cops picked up some guys I used to work with for being in a restricted area during Canada Day. The guys in Halifax got in the public eye though so they're hosed.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Not only did they get the public eye, but they got it for some real racist poo poo that the CF is desperately trying to distance itself from. I would pay to watch these charge parades.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Not only did they get the public eye, but they got it for some real racist poo poo that the CF is desperately trying to distance itself from. I would pay to watch these charge parades.

I wonder if it will get plastered all over the local newspapers, or somewhere further in the back.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'd say the PR corps or w/e they're called are gonna be hounding the newspapers to show that these guys were dishonourably discharged. I'd say it'll make national news.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Just finished the article all the way through and it confirms, yep they're fuuuuuuuuuucked.

"A spokesperson for Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan said he has been made aware of the claim and his office is following it closely."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

There's easier ways to get out of the military, guys. You don't have to shoot yourself in the foot with an 800mm cannon.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What the gently caress is a Proud Boy?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

quote:

A Facebook message that appears to be from Dave Eldridge, one of the military members who approached the activists and Indigenous protesters, told CBC News he is part of group called Proud Boys, a "multi-racial fraternal organization."

The Facebook page of the Proud Boys Canadian Chapters says they are "a fraternal organization of Western Chauvinists who will no longer apologize for creating the modern world," and do not discriminate on the basis of race or sexuality.

Eldridge said the group had thought the event was an anti-Canada protest and left after learning that wasn't the case.

Idiots.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

Essentially, a metrosexual hate group that allows anyone, but the views they espouse really limits it to whites only.

It was created by one of the Vice founders.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"I will not use a national database to look him up
I will not use a national database to look him up
I will not..."

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"I will not use a national database to look him up
I will not use a national database to look him up
I will not..."

So... whats it say about him?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

So... whats it say about him?

Nothing, sadly :(

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How did the serving members get ID'd so quickly?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

https://medium.com/@willsommer/the-fratty-proud-boys-are-the-alt-rights-weirdest-new-phenomenon-7572b31e50f2

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

Hopefully someone from their unit saw them and thought "gently caress these racist pieces of poo poo".

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

Probably Facebook autotagging and some idiot listing their unit on their Facebook page which is somehow still up despite facing discipline.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Frosted Flake posted:

They, no poo poo, gave their names at the event.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Vance sounds pissed. I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been suggested to these guys that it might be time to ask for release.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

flakeloaf posted:

Vance sounds pissed. I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been suggested to these guys that it might be time to ask for release.

No way they'll get ra voluntary release. They're cruising for either a 1a or 2a release. It's too late for a voluntary release.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm glad the culture is changing. Back when I was a private I did a GD tasking with some imports from PPCLI. One of the other GDs, a corporal, offered to drive us to the mess, so I said yes. He starts his car up, and the most racist rock song I've ever heard starts playing about hanging black people from trees and murdering Jews and Mexicans.

I told the Sgt that the dude is listening to some highly offensive poo poo. Nothing happened.

gently caress that guy, though.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who do you report still serving members posting racist/anti-government poo poo on Facebook to?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Racism is a service offence, so the mps would be a good start

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

flakeloaf posted:

Racism is a service offence, so the mps would be a good start

Jesus, why didn't I think of the buddy fuckers. Who better to gently caress a buddy??

Anti-government poo poo is also a service offence iirc.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jesus, why didn't I think of the buddy fuckers. Who better to gently caress a buddy??

Hey now. They're WAY worse to each other than they've ever been to you.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

flakeloaf posted:

Hey now. They're WAY worse to each other than they've ever been to you.

My buddy crashed into my car drunk as poo poo and I had the audacity to go to bed at 9 pm the night before and they thought that I was lying and got him to wreck my car on purpose because ???

They also hauled me into an interrogation room then when they couldn't prove I was lying, they told the insurance company it might be a fraudulent report and then I had to take time out of my day and drive a half an hour to the insurance investigators office and answer the same questions a third time.

My sergeant also told me they suggested my unit charge me with filing a false report or some poo poo.

gently caress MPs.

Ultimate Shrek Fan fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 7, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

gently caress MPs.

Always and forever.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

drat bloody provosts?

Actually, the new CFMPA is really cool. I helped set it up while I was on PAT, and they have a ton of cool relics (which they have no idea how to preserve) all over the place; stuff from WWI, some Nazi paraphernalia, honours from all over the world, plus a pistol range with cameras so you can watch yourself shoot and nitpick yourself until you're a weeping mess in the Thunderbird Club.

I have yet to develop the proper amount of disgust for MPs. I'm still in training :v:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This thread ain't for your kind, boy

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

:negative:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

This thread ain't for your kind, boy

I get where you're going with this and support it 100%, but word choice is a bit :heritage:

vvv: Maybe it'd be funnier to me if it wasn't predicated upon the literal dehumanization and slavery of tens of millions over hundreds of years (and counting!).

Is it okay to go full Emmett Till on an MP if he writes you a ticket, or would a plain ole lynchin' suffice? If he doesn't get off the sidewalk for you and acts all uppity, what about then?

e2. to be clear, a punch line of "Wouldn't it be funny to treat MPs like niggers" is not cool and I will never not call it out.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 10, 2017

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Guest2553 posted:

I get where you're going with this and support it 100%, but word choice is a bit :heritage:

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

My buddy crashed into my car drunk as poo poo and I had the audacity to go to bed at 9 pm the night before and they thought that I was lying and got him to wreck my car on purpose because ???

They also hauled me into an interrogation room then when they couldn't prove I was lying, they told the insurance company it might be a fraudulent report and then I had to take time out of my day and drive a half an hour to the insurance investigators office and answer the same questions a third time.

My sergeant also told me they suggested my unit charge me with filing a false report or some poo poo.

gently caress MPs.

And when you reported it to the MPCC so they could fix this obvious incompetence, what happened?

Cause we still need to keep doing that, what they're fixing ain't fixed.