Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

MourningView posted:

Leaving when he was 40 and the team wasn't going anywhere is a little different. I'm sure they exist but I've never seen a single Utah fan who was sad about him going to the Lakers

Haha yeah, once Stockton retired I was fine with Malone doing whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

xbilkis posted:

Gordon Hayward should be banned from the league if he doesn't make his announcement before 4 pm

like he doesnt have smurf accounts

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Dion waiters doesn't deserve this anxiety. Sign him now.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hayward to Timberwolves IMO.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Utah still has the Go Bear so if nothing else the defense will continue to be really good. Maybe Rodney Hood and Favors can actually stay healthy.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also,

https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9/status/881692589526835201

I am totally on board with Rubio and Jingles being best bros.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow a surprise sign a trade where Hayward goes to okc and kanter goes back to Utah. Spectacular

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Signing Hayward's Australian bff to a giant sweetheart deal doesn't look super great now

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
On the lowe post, Bobby Marks says there's nobody who's going to give a max offer sheet to KCP. If someone does, detroit has to insantly shed 7m in salary to match, because they hard capped themselves to sign Langston Galloway.

So maybe he'll sign the qo or maybe he'll take less. Who can say. The QO thing goes for those RFA centers too

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/882316374105878528

Gordon is mad at the celtics

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If this causes him to not sign.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Danny's leaks win again

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

If Ainge costs the Celtics Hayward I will lmfao

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

It'd be the best off-season ever

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I still think he's going to Boston but if he doesn't it will be the best Danny Tried story yet

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I sincerely doubt some faulty reporting would actually get Hayward to change his mind, especially if the reports were, you know, true.

This reeks of an agent doing damage control to preserve relationships

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This owns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Please go to Miami and torment the celtics

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Dejan Bimble posted:

On the lowe post, Bobby Marks says there's nobody who's going to give a max offer sheet to KCP. If someone does, detroit has to insantly shed 7m in salary to match, because they hard capped themselves to sign Langston Galloway.

So maybe he'll sign the qo or maybe he'll take less. Who can say. The QO thing goes for those RFA centers too

He's not worth anything close to that. If someone were to offer him a max I would gladly let him walk if I were Detroit.

Took me a full hour to catch up with the thread. ESPN is reporting that Hayward Boston is a done deal but it's not apparently? The drama is intense.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Detroit can't replace him

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
hayward is cool & all, but he's not worth all of this

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then Danny will say that was the plan all along!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What do my nuggets men think of the Millsap signing

Libertine posted:

He's not worth anything close to that. If someone were to offer him a max I would gladly let him walk if I were Detroit.

He shoots (a hair) above league average at three and is a good defender. I wonder what that gets him.

He looked much better when the Jackson/Drummond pnr was distracting other teams and 1000x better when the pre Achillles Jennings /Drummond pnr was blowing up the league. He's definitely a complimentary piece and the piston's writhing mediocrity has helped them by depressing his appearance of value.

If they can get him for 13 a year that would be a big steal

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
someone told Danny that he is allowed to buy draft picks and now he's refusing to sign any free agents

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Interested to see what nerlens is going to get still

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Holy poo poo Pop Dog is back how did I just learn this?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

euphronius posted:

Detroit can't replace him

KCP? He's a below average starting SG who isn't particularly great at any one thing. He's not a great shooter, he's entirely neutral on defense. I don't get why anyone would pay him big money.

Also Detroit just used their lottery pick on Luke Kennard so I have to think that was at least a contingency on losing KCP. I don't like him either though so it's a wash more or less.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

Signing Hayward's Australian bff to a giant sweetheart deal doesn't look super great now

Actually, it's good that the Jazz secured starting small forward/RPM darling Joe Ingles. They'll barely even notice Hayward is gone, as long as they ignore all the things Ingles does a lot worse

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

I sincerely doubt some faulty reporting would actually get Hayward to change his mind, especially if the reports were, you know, true.

This reeks of an agent doing damage control to preserve relationships

Who knows I could see a guy get pretty pissed off if he tells the other team to keep it quiet before he can tell his original team and then it gets leaked.

The NBA really is the best though.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Doubtful. His camp leaked it according to Zach Lowe.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/882319392901439488

Maybe his camp is trying to force him to make a decision

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

(extremely tom hardy revenant voice) my camp

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

leftist heap posted:

lol, Portland isn't going to be able to dump anyone I guess.

relax man, you're stressing me out. Here are some things to keep in mind

• Luxury tax is calculated at the end of the season
  • Blazers are going to be in the tax no matter what this year. Whether they are $20m over or $5m over doesn't really make a difference as it still starts the clock on the repeater tax
  • Turner, Crabbe and Leonard would have to try pretty hard to drop their value lower than it is today
  • No one wants to take on salary right now because everyone wants to sign big name free agents or make big trades to make a run at the playoffs. Things will be different at the trade deadline when teams blow it up and are willing to take on salary

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Chairchucker posted:

Also,

https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9/status/881692589526835201

I am totally on board with Rubio and Jingles being best bros.

Didn't know this was a thing. Looked it up and they played on FC Barcelona together in 2010-11. OLD SCHOOL.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/882319256196718592

Maybe Danny thinks having a firm commitment from Hayward weakens his position in salary dump negotiations

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBAInjuryR3port/status/882323664628322316

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Holy poo poo Pop Dog is back how did I just learn this?

hello, friend

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/882319392901439488

Maybe his camp is trying to force him to make a decision

hero selection is a tough, personal choice

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/gatorskickass/status/882309823559323649

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Is Hayward more of a carry or support type dota player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Libertine posted:

KCP? He's a below average starting SG who isn't particularly great at any one thing. He's not a great shooter, he's entirely neutral on defense. I don't get why anyone would pay him big money.

Also Detroit just used their lottery pick on Luke Kennard so I have to think that was at least a contingency on losing KCP. I don't like him either though so it's a wash more or less.

Ur probably right

His BBRef comps are tyreke and olidipo

• Locked thread