Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ChumpsForChange posted:

I should watch utena one of these days since it gets referenced so much.

I hope you're okay with the idea of an anime getting to third base with your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/882045532545236992

Note that this will not affect Goonami.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I watched some of the clips of the JoJo dub and Hol Horse's voice is loving amazing

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
why is tokyo ghoul still earlier than hunter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm guessing they'll finally bump Hunter back up when IBO comes back. Hell, maybe even Lupin.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hace posted:

It's a part of the Humanitarian Power Hour.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hace posted:

With the way it's settled it's probably by popularity.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

I watched some of the clips of the JoJo dub and Hol Horse's voice is loving amazing

Do you know who it is? Back when I reread I couldn't help but hear it as Troy Baker with a huge hick accent and I'm interested to hear who they got since that ain't happening.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad DP is finally making his way

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
And I did it without any of you fuckers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh this is the dude who voiced Kaneshiro, isn't it? This dude's voice acting is always like one step away from being bad 90s dubbing and I actually like it here, a bit. It's no Mojojojo, but it works.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/881637038637760514

They had to show the trailer three times now because people were fuckin' demanding it.

E: The Pillows are doing an all-new original score for both series.

2 & 3 will be separate stories.

There will be collaboration with ex-Gainax people from Khara and Trigger as episodic directors.

The new series will touch on the same themes of adolescence as the original.

HIGH QUALITY TRAILER! https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/videos/1775487826075390/

Really hope they don't try and lean on the original show too much, that's a surefire way for it to end up being a dumpster fire. I'm assuming they won't since they're focusing on new characters. I'm somewhat optimistic about this.

Arist posted:

where are these clips

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZzpcFtVYw

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hace posted:

people aren't gonna stay up for tokyo ghoul

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People aren't gonna stay up for naruto but here we are.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Happy 4th of July thread
https://youtu.be/_pcPo16QJHg

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

fit em all up in there posted:

Happy 4th of July thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUkrGY7KAmA&t=200s

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

Do you know who it is? Back when I reread I couldn't help but hear it as Troy Baker with a huge hick accent and I'm interested to hear who they got since that ain't happening.

It's Imari Williams apparently

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh holy poo poo, it's the dude who voiced Augus in Asura's wrath. I never thought I'd hear this dude again.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

People aren't gonna stay up for naruto but here we are.

it regularly gains viewers over the 2am slot lol

Naruto fans are loving insane.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was playing a game while watching Lupin this weekend, so in case I missed it, I have to ask if there was a way to activate the mechanism to reveal the "treasure" without getting yourself and anyone in the area killed?

Because if not, dick move.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

My only guess is that since they decided during the first season of IBO that the series would be 2, the contract Toonami made with Sunrise included both seasons and their hands are tied at this point.

It got pretty solid ratings, unlike Unicorn, which might explain it. Averaged 940,840 viewers, .36 in the target demographic. Add in that Toonami management likes Gundam, and it makes a good deal of sense without indulging in conspiracies about tied hands and Toonami being forced to air more of a show that did fairly well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I had been under the impression that both Unicorn and IBO did quite poorly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
IBO is one of the most beloved Gundams in America, what are you talking about?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Huh. Guess I got lied to.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Huh. Guess I got lied to.

This thread really hated IBO, but other reactions around the net seem to be more positive.

I do know that the gunpla sales for IBO really picked up in North America.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, guess it was just confirmation bias.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I wasn't expecting them to go in this direction with Hol Horse, but I like it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They also showed us a sneak preview of dub DIO and Enya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfsL16fS6Y

Enya is voiced by Barbara Goodson apparently.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Monaghan posted:

This thread really hated IBO, but other reactions around the net seem to be more positive.

I do know that the gunpla sales for IBO really picked up in North America.

The gently caress? IBO is amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Solkanar512 posted:

I honestly mostly just got lost in the second half of the first season when they started focusing on Gjallerhorn more and I didn't know who the hell anyone in Gjallerhorn was.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Solkanar512 posted:

I absolutely hated it, a boring plot peppered with a third graders attempt at social commentary.

Unicorn was more fun than that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I thought that Mikazuki was a refreshing protagonist: an out and out sociopath who murders anyone who he perceives as a threat without a thought who nonetheless is completely devoted to defending his adopted family. None of this bullshit idealism you hear from other Gundam protags. Mika is a rabid dog on a chain and everyone knows it.

The overarching plot and general structure of the show are pretty dogshit though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Also while the surrounding plot was milquetoast the mech fights were pretty good. Even then the surrounding plot wasn't so boring as to not make me stick around to see them fightin' robots.

Unlike Unicorn where I didn't even bother past the first episode.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I honestly mostly just got lost in the second half of the first season when they started focusing on Gjallerhorn more and I didn't know who the hell anyone in Gjallerhorn was.

McGillis is the blonde Char type engaged to an elementary schooler. He likes elaborate plans, betraying dudes, and fighting the status quo. He really doesn't like his father, for reasons that are elaborated on in the second season.

Gaelio is the guy with purple hair. He likes being basically decent-ish in a corrupt system, trusting his best buddy McGillis, and cool giant robots.

Carta is the woman who surrounds herself with blonde dudes because she wants McGillis. She likes honor and elaborate attack formations. She's not so enthusiastic for what happens when you announce your attack formations to ruthless child soldiers.

Ein is Gaelio's wingman. He likes killing children.

There's politics beyond them, but mostly that amounts to McGillis finding more and more elaborate ways to gently caress everyone else over. It isn't until the second season you really have to worry about anyone else's long game.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Also you (probably, I know I did) want McGillis to gently caress everyone over because wow, Gjallerhorn is dumb.

At least in the first season.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The second season of IBO is loving awful, so it's not like this is good news anyways.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like it more the first season. And find it pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

I absolutely hated it, a boring plot peppered with a third graders attempt at social commentary.

Unicorn was more fun than that.

Unicorn was perfectly watchable, but the whole bit about using the psychic energy of everyone on earth was a bit much. But so was the betrothal to a little girl and the dude with the harem. Ick.

Admittedly I've only seen IBO and Unicorn, does every Gundam series involve the pilot somehow being gifted their Gundam by luck or destiny like it's loving Excalibur?

• Locked thread