Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

docbeard posted:

Slavery is horrible of course, but it's also awesome, so obviously the correct approach is to have slaves but never ever tell anyone about them.

The opposite of the Hillary Clinton approach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

holy poo poo just write a blog post and then tweet a link to it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

anime was right posted:

the only thing chad destroys is bud light

that is the greatest assault on america since the towers fell

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

anime was right posted:

the only thing chad destroys is bud light

millenials are killing bud light

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Venom Snake posted:

A race to the bottom where our fed government is essentially just throwing the entire population to the wolves would just end in balkanization/mad max hellscape

The balkanization of the us has been an idea floated since I've become politically aware, entering it's third administration. Honestly, I think it might happen.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The balkanization of the us has been an idea floated since I've become politically aware, entering it's third administration. Honestly, I think it might happen.

you could say its been an idea since 1860 or so

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

drinking bud light is unpatriotic ever since it got sold to the belgians. real americans only drink PBR

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

consumed by normies posted:

you could say its been an idea since 1860 or so

Where there calls for another secession by journalists and poo poo since then I would believe it

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Bilirubin posted:

Nobody's got time to read a buncha words if they know how long it is!

Twitter threads are as non-committal you can get to blogposts. Even if blogposts can be short and often are.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Where there calls for another secession by journalists and poo poo since then I would believe it

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bilirubin posted:

It's almost like a communication platform limited to 140 characters is a bad idea. Here's why: (1/84)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

balkamizing the United States is stupid and we should wedgie anyone proposing it until they stop

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder if that "can't graduate unless you're going to college or getting a job" thing might be due to for-profit college lobbyists. It's the only special interest I can think of that really would concretely benefit from forcing students to either get a job or go to college upon graduation.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder if that "can't graduate unless you're going to college or getting a job" thing might be due to for-profit college lobbyists. It's the only special interest I can think of that really would concretely benefit from forcing students to either get a job or go to college upon graduation.

racists would love it too, and i'm not so sure rahm emmanuel isn't pandering to them with this

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

balkamizing the United States is stupid and we should wedgie anyone proposing it until they stop

The place is just too big we need to trim the fat

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I agree, let's begin by sending federal troops into the South to show them our mettle.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

imagine the worst thing it could possibly be

then imagine something even worse

it's probably that

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Someone should make a app that drops slaves off at your mansion.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Someone should make a app that drops slaves off at your mansion.

Isn't that just Angie's List.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

UHD posted:

so when do the french people break out the guillotines

because if anyone is going to violently overthrow their lovely government it'll be the french

past performance doesn't predict future outcomes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Juicero, but for America

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

radical meme posted:

Isn't that just Angie's List.

nah angie's list was created to avoid having minorities in your house

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the Atlantic used to be a great literary magazine but then some neocons bought it in the early nineties, moved it to D.C., and started hiring people like Goldberg. it's really sad.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The good news is, there's lots of fantastic literary journals still that aren't the Atlantic.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
anyone know what :abuela: had to say today on this great day of our crumbling nation?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Rand alPaul posted:

I agree, let's begin by sending federal troops into the South to show them our mettle.

I could agree with this if we also send troops to "Purify" Colorado Springs, the Suburbs of Milwaukee, and Grand Rapids Michigan.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ytlaya posted:

turns out Rahms soul was in the finger he lost at the tragic Arby's meat slicer incident

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

GalacticAcid posted:

plus ça change...

I stole this from a meme page, but "Macron is Trump for people who read the Economist instead of the National Enquirer"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

im not sure if I hate macron more than le pen - hell I think I hate him more than trump at this point

e: fuckin phonepost

ded redd has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Jul 4, 2017

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I can't believe that you guys are turning against the one man you can disrupt the paradigm of government and synergize how our ever changing workforce can compete in an ever changing world.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Scent of Worf posted:

anyone know what :abuela: had to say today on this great day of our crumbling nation?
So far, nothing (because she hates america) ((but don't let that make you think she's good ))

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

does anyone actually give a poo poo tho

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Al Franken's memoir contains more instances of the world "fart" than any other Senate memoir.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

Al Franken's memoir contains more instances of the world "fart" than any other Senate memoir.

It also contains fewer instances of anything resembling comedy than any other senate memoir

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Office Pig posted:

im not sure if I hate macron more than le pen - hell I think I hate him more than trump at this point

e: fuckin phonepost

I mean

I hate macron a lot but I'm pretty sure he won't put the Muslims into ovens

He won't be good on islamophobia mind you, but he won't exterminate them. Le Pen...maybe wouldn't do that but maybe would.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

I mean

I hate macron a lot but I'm pretty sure he won't put the Muslims into ovens

He won't be good on islamophobia mind you, but he won't exterminate them. Le Pen...maybe wouldn't do that but maybe would.

Domestically, that is

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
That's a good point.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Terror Sweat posted:

It also contains fewer instances of anything resembling comedy than any other senate memoir

Hm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Concerned Citizen posted:

My grandmother just sent me an autographed copy of it, and I'm really tempted to just sell it to the local used book store.

• Locked thread