Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lansoc posted:

I was in shadow state in 2013 when they were SMA.. I would just join Goons and find a niche in there but I don't post enough lol

You seem ready for PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

nex posted:

Zebra Corp and Shadow State seem like good autist shelters tho, could try them.

what is zebra corp? one of their guys tried to lowball me on some officer poo poo i'm trying to sell

Lansoc posted:

So while those guys are still pissing on each other....

What alliance/corp in null would be suggested for getting some gf because lowsec is just sucking.

gently caress you

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Carth Dookie posted:

You seem ready for PL.

Probably don't have enough kills for them.. plus I hate flying caps.. also sold my super already and the sitter character.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Lansoc posted:

sitter character

thank goodness for keepstars, this dumb poo poo is no longer necessary

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

thank goodness for keepstars, this dumb poo poo is no longer necessary

Yup.. and that someone still bought it for over extractor price as well.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
You don't need a siter anymore... With the Keepstars... You can dock an go help out with a sub...

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

what is zebra corp? one of their guys tried to lowball me on some officer poo poo i'm trying to sell

i only know they have a lot of active people who are better at the game than your average goon, and they are pretty chill

not like it matters anyway, the lifeblood of gsf is in the squads and sigs. im still in dead rear end goonwaffe because it does not matter which corp you are in really, i guess you might miss out on some corp super/titan sponsorship which kinda suck but whatever

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just join any random gsf corp (like one of the three that will accept anyone with a pulse) and it's as good as anything tbqh

Actually better, most of the gsf membercorps have better reimbursement plans than goonwaffe.

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.
So just a random gsf corp lol.. time to go shopping I guess.. Still selling assets in my current home.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Good luck ROFL lmao duder.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lansoc posted:

So just a random gsf corp lol.. time to go shopping I guess.. Still selling assets in my current home.

Join Groon

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.

Rutibex posted:

Join Groon

Looks like on their thread that they are mostly dead.... :shrug:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Good luck ROFL lmao duder.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
happy birthday to the best country in the world

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

happy birthday to the best country in the world

PL's birthday is today?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

so who's ready for the july PVE nerfs

the june nerfs only reduced our economic output by 1%, so you know there's more coming

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

so who's ready for the july PVE nerfs

the june nerfs only reduced our economic output by 1%, so you know there's more coming

The bigger question is what is this doing to rest_of_eve.jpg? It really doesn't gently caress with goons because they've got a massive pile of lifeless spergs who are horribly invested into this game, but everyone else has got to be getting hosed over royally, right?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Oh hey two new pages lets see wha... :yikes:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

Oh hey two new pages lets see wha... :yikes:

Don't do this, it's dumb as gently caress, much like the rest of this thread.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

orange juche posted:

Don't do this, it's dumb as gently caress, much like the rest of this thread.

It's a good thread. The last few pages. Not so much.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
cool nobody cares, dont do the dumbass thing ty and godbless

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014

orange juche posted:

The bigger question is what is this doing to rest_of_eve.jpg? It really doesn't gently caress with goons because they've got a massive pile of lifeless spergs who are horribly invested into this game, but everyone else has got to be getting hosed over royally, right?

It feels a bit ccp dosen't need the cash from EVE anymore.
With all the cool :airquote: VR :airquote: stuff they have hillmar is tweeting all the time. :cheeky:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh man do they ever need it, none of their VR poo poo has panned out into something that produces money on a regular, steady basis, so EVE is basically all that is keeping the lights on at CCP(business as usual, no revelations here), as well as being a pretty big source of tourism for fart-water island w/fanfest. If EVE goes under CCP is hosed, I wonder what would come after if CCP went under and the EVE IP got bought by another company?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nothing.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

cool nobody cares, dont do the dumbass thing ty and godbless

Speaking of quality posting. You're the goonfleet forum mod right? Tasked with maintaining the level of goodposting on the forums. I hope the salary isn't based on performance.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I apologise everyone. I have not posted in here in a while and although I do read it, I sometimes let the unread posts get built up.

The last few pages are majorly wild in the wrong way. Let us all take steps back and breathe and then resume posting better. :D

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I could see somebody out there acquiring the infrastructure and IP and trying to make Eve 2 but I would expect them to make a horrible mess of it

Would be good for :munch: if not for creating an actual fun game.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The only way EVE 2 would not be poo poo is if whoever took it over realized that it should be a monster's ball that facilitates the consequences, rivalries and skullduggery that is EVE's USP, without the insanely bad interface/unconsionably bad grind.

I'm not actually sure that it could be done even if the hypothetical purchasers had the right mentality.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Iceland is setting itself up as the server farm capital of the world because cheap geothermal power and cold climate makes it perfect for building them. I would imagine someone would be up for buying CCPs physical stuff if they went belly up.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

MikeCrotch posted:

Iceland is setting itself up as the server farm capital of the world because cheap geothermal power and cold climate makes it perfect for building them. I would imagine someone would be up for buying CCPs physical stuff if they went belly up.

The servers which actually run Eve are based in London :xd:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

MikeCrotch posted:

Bandwidth costs lol however

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Roller Coast Guard posted:

The servers which actually run Eve are based in London :xd:

fuckin lol :ccp:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Bandwidth costs lol however

Not necessarily? Consider that a lot of transatlantic fibre passes by Iceland.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
assuming this map is semi-accurate, "nearby" might be a bit of a stretch:
http://www.cablemap.info/

hosting your servers in iceland would give you poor latency to both EU and the US, so i dont see why anyone would do that tbh.
in europe you have other countries with cheap green power and a cold climate like norway, sweden and finland, again i dont see why you would choose iceland. then add the logistical nightmare of being located on a volcanic fart rock in the middle of the atlantic....

nex fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 5, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
hyperdunking 2.0 is a loving reality holy poo poo i'm so loving smart and good at this game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

oh my loving god ccp you dumb motherfuckers i'm gonna kill your game stupid bitches

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

hyperdunking 2.0 is a loving reality holy poo poo i'm so loving smart and good at this game

oh my loving god ccp you dumb motherfuckers i'm gonna kill your game stupid bitches

:jerkbag:

Protip, if you're going to start pushing the rules, openly announcing you're going to is probably one of the last things you want to do.

Though that would require CCP reading this so I don't know.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

its not pushing the rules at all

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
let us in on the fun, im sure no honorable goon would copy your new tricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer