Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The eshop on the switch will tell you space requirements, but according to this: https://m.mic.com/articles/175461/mario-kart-8-deluxe-download-size-how-big-is-the-e-shop-game-on-nintendo-switch

It's 6.7 GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Where's my goddamn Octopath Traveler info?

i forgot this was a game that existed, hell yea, where's the info, that teaser looked tight

bloodysabbath posted:

I hesitate to call them SJWs because why let them hijack a good thing when they're just outrage bloggers, but lol if you don't think there's a very strange brand of very selectively prudish bullshit in the games press. Game creators changing poo poo because they're afraid Kotaku or Polygon or Vice or any of the other lovely blogs masquerading as actual games media might cry about it is a thing, and what's more, these sites actually pat themselves on the back for this poo poo. Point being, if Nintendo stripped the religious iconography from Castlevania today, half the loving mooks in the game blogs would be writing about how it's actually cool and good because it makes the game more inclusive to atheists and people who might be triggered by Christian symbols.

what

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

bloodysabbath posted:

I hesitate to call them SJWs because why let them hijack a good thing when they're just outrage bloggers, but lol if you don't think there's a very strange brand of very selectively prudish bullshit in the games press. Game creators changing poo poo because they're afraid Kotaku or Polygon or Vice or any of the other lovely blogs masquerading as actual games media might cry about it is a thing, and what's more, these sites actually pat themselves on the back for this poo poo. Point being, if Nintendo stripped the religious iconography from Castlevania today, half the loving mooks in the game blogs would be writing about how it's actually cool and good because it makes the game more inclusive to atheists and people who might be triggered by Christian symbols.

Hmmm... "outrage", you say.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

bloodysabbath posted:

source your terrible quotes

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I was just saying that popular opinions influence media, it's not a contentious issue. If anything, games are less censored than ever, and some companies revel in that

No company wants to release a game that people find sexist or weird, like Other M for example. Nintendo didn't really expect that on the dossier of things people hated about the game that a sexist representation of Samus would be one of them

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

*checks thread title* nope, not the Vita thread. The amount of creepy anime talk is equivalent however

The first big third-party game for the Switch was Disgaea. Fate, Touhou, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade, the Switch thread is the new Vita thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo Switch: The Switch thread is the new Vita thread.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

You live in a world that's increasingly foreign and strange to you and you react by writing inane posts about hypothetical video game censoring

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
So, stepped on a d6 in Binding of Isaac without realising what it did. Became a monster that couldn't attack, and instead spawned blue spiders? What powerup causes this?

Great game though - getting into it for the first time properly.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I hope the splatoon 2 direct and/or some hot takes from Dr. Tim have the power to derail this crazy train.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloodysabbath posted:

Holy lol

I'd say more but you're obviously looking for fodder for your future r/kotakuinaction post

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Stumiester posted:

So, stepped on a d6 in Binding of Isaac without realising what it did. Became a monster that couldn't attack, and instead spawned blue spiders? What powerup causes this?

There are several things that change abilities at a fundamental level, and some of them overlap in unfortunate ways. I would say double check to make sure that if you hold down the attack button for awhile you don't start blinking or glowing and fire a bigass charged beam though.

e: I'm pretty sure at some point I ended up with some combo of short-range mega-tear quad-beams with brimstone and chocolate milk that took like 10-20 seconds to charge to be able to fire

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 5, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mods new thread title please

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Stumiester posted:

The dice rooms do different things based on how many pips are on the die. Just google "Isaac dice room" to see what each one does. I can't remember! Although yea, 6 must be the one that totally rerolls your items.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Zelder posted:

You live in a world that's increasingly foreign and strange to you and you react by writing inane posts about hypothetical video game censoring

lol my world is fine and my life is pretty great actually? That's probably why I can't imagine policing the content of bleep bloops or feeling awkward about cheesecake in same.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/inticreatesen/status/882343414498459649

Shantae and Shovel Knight are coming to Blaster Master Zero and they both will be free for the first 2 weeks. Shovel Knight could even do the shovel drop and fish.:3:

I love all of these games, this is great news. These dumb fun crossovers need to happen more.

They're even more fun than watching people get confused about big boots, a helmet, and a shirt with matching shorts on the new Xenoblade protagonist.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/810627288005939200

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chronojam posted:

I love all of these games, this is great news. These dumb fun crossovers need to happen more.

They're even more fun than watching people get confused about big boots, a helmet, and a shirt with matching shorts on the new Xenoblade protagonist.

I think most people must just be thrown by the fact that it's actually something functional.

Golden Goat posted:

What's the ball pod on the back of the main character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

The vest closes up, the helmet's on a hinge at the back of the neck to flip over onto the collar so it locks in place like a diving helmet. The pants aren't even weird, they're just lightweight armor allowing freedom of movement. It's not exactly what you'd call street-wear, but it's clearly functional for a job of some kind :shrug:.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Those Shantae and Shovel Knight DLC characters in Blaster Master Zero actually look really good, as if they jumped right out of their respective games. I'll bite. I don't know why I haven't bought that game yet; the demo was pretty fun.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

Those Shantae and Shovel Knight DLC characters in Blaster Master Zero actually look really good, as if they jumped right out of their respective games. I'll bite. I don't know why I haven't bought that game yet; the demo was pretty fun.

It's probably my favorite remake of an 8-bit game. They really improve on everything wrong with the original without adding superfluous stuff. It's a no-brainer at :10bux:.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Nintendo good games when?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shantae should be in every game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

the farming game is coming out in August :ssh:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

According to this memo I just received,

*reads*

March 2017

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I asked the Overcooked devs on Twitter when they will give a release date and they said "soon." I don't know if that means the game is coming soon or the release date is coming soon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

angel opportunity posted:

I asked the Overcooked devs on Twitter when they will give a release date and they said "soon." I don't know if that means the game is coming soon or the release date is coming soon.

Well it's probably still on the grill. And Player 2 better get his loving cat butt on-task and plate it soon before it starts a goddamn fire. Again :argh:.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The SJWs have taken them all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kotaku has personally kid napped Stardew Valley and will not release unless there demands are met

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think most people must just be thrown by the fact that it's actually something functional.

The vest closes up, the helmet's on a hinge at the back of the neck to flip over onto the collar so it locks in place like a diving helmet. The pants aren't even weird, they're just lightweight armor allowing freedom of movement. It's not exactly what you'd call street-wear, but it's clearly functional for a job of some kind :shrug:.

I can deal with everything else.

But why.

Why.

Why are they shorts?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Night Blade posted:

But why.

Why.

Why are they shorts?

Cause they're comfy and easy to wear.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Night Blade posted:

But why.

Why.

Why are they shorts?

Are you mad they aren't jorts?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

lol my world is fine and my life is pretty great actually? That's probably why I can't imagine policing the content of bleep bloops or feeling awkward about cheesecake in same.

Thank you for this post

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Night Blade posted:

But why.

Why.

Why are they shorts?

They aren't shorts! What is wrong with you people? It's a romper or maybe a wrestling singlet. It's so obvious, use your goddamn eyes.

Shorts do not cover the torso!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Why does this thread do this so much

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Zelder posted:

Thank you for this post

I don't even know why goons post that.

No one is ever going to believe you.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

bloodychill posted:

cause theres no games

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought Nomura was just doing a couple of the bad guy factions designs.

One thing I liked about Chronicles X is you could choose the armor you wanted for effect separately from what you were wearing aesthetically, so I didn't have to have characters wearing ridiculous poo poo. It was all khakis or jeans and a shirt with a sensible leather jacket.

Yeah, if your armor changes your appearance, having a cosmetic option is really, really nice.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bloodychill posted:

No, I'm serious. They really are comfy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Oh no.

Not another debate about pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Do you think the Xenoblade 2 kid could fit the Switch in his pants?

• Locked thread