Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jeza posted:

Killing yourself because you're sad that other people killed themselves is a Top 10 Most Ironic Deaths
at least one of Jesus' disciples did it. you'd be in good company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
I work in a psych ward and 2 of my guys have been seriously assaulted this week. One ended up in hospital with a concussion after getting hit in the head with a piece of furniture. A female nurse got dragged through the ward courtyard by her hair. My hands are covered in cuts and bruises because I saw red over this and ended up laying into the dude. Another guy got suspended without pay for doing the same thing for the same reason last week. I can't stop drinking

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Unless there's some unheard-of benign tumor that spreads to other organs, my mom has Stage IV pancreatic cancer. Yes, that is a mix of denial and hope that I'm expressing.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
My day started with my stepping on a metal lunchbox video game promo thing that apparently had grown a sharp edge. Mildly :nms:

I've been walking around on it all day with it being mildly irritating, and this was the first time I actually sat down to look at it. Ow. I remember it slicing into my foot and I could tell it was a deep cut, but it stopped bleeding reasonably fast so I figured it couldn't be that bad. I was incorrect.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

We've had two fire alarm pulls and a resident who throws himself to the ground more than a French footballer.

It's not even 5:30. I've been here for 2 and a half hours.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My boss has been putting in a bunch of overtime and can't handle it, so she's going completely mental and treated everyone like poo poo today. Then my coworker broke her arm. Then I got trapped in a freight elevator.

Edit: My coworker broke her own arm, not the boss's. Although to be fair, I'm sure she was tempted at some point.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

GWBBQ posted:

Unless there's some unheard-of benign tumor that spreads to other organs, my mom has Stage IV pancreatic cancer. Yes, that is a mix of denial and hope that I'm expressing.

Jesus, I am so very loving sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Mine was yesterday, but it spilled over. Small potatoes compared to the above, but I was lying in bed last night crying over my cat who died in December. It may seem like a long time ago but she was my best bud for 18 years. As I was just starting to really get into it, my boyfriend of 3 months texted (yeah) to tell me he wanted to call things off. I'm fine with ending things--wasn't super into him anyway--but now I'm still crying and I can't decide if I'm still sad over my cat (never got to that good cry), or if there's some of the dumping in there too.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Jesus, I am so very loving sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Mine was yesterday, but it spilled over. Small potatoes compared to the above, but I was lying in bed last night crying over my cat who died in December. It may seem like a long time ago but she was my best bud for 18 years. As I was just starting to really get into it, my boyfriend of 3 months texted (yeah) to tell me he wanted to call things off. I'm fine with ending things--wasn't super into him anyway--but now I'm still crying and I can't decide if I'm still sad over my cat (never got to that good cry), or if there's some of the dumping in there too.

Our first cat passed away last Monday of a sudden massive stroke a the age of 12. I brought him home almost immediately after we bought our first house. My husband and I were both extremely attached and it was loving devastating. He died in my arms while my husband was driving us to the vet. This has been one of the hardest weeks for both of us. I've been trying to act normal but my heart still hurts a lot.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm coming down off my SSRI's and I can't stop crying over everything. Cute puppy pic on Facebook? GOTTA CRY. Cat has a hairball? GOTTA CRY. Hear a song you've liked for 20 years? GOTTA CRY. Husband went to the store without you? GOTTA CRY. Made a tasty lunch? GOTTA CRY. Clicked the wrong button while editing a video? OH poo poo SON YOU BETTER CRY NOW.

Last time I came off SSRIs Man vs Food made me cry.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Picnic Princess posted:

Our first cat passed away last Monday of a sudden massive stroke a the age of 12. I brought him home almost immediately after we bought our first house. My husband and I were both extremely attached and it was loving devastating. He died in my arms while my husband was driving us to the vet. This has been one of the hardest weeks for both of us. I've been trying to act normal but my heart still hurts a lot.

So sorry for your loss. They really are family.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I just learned that Tom Brier, the most incredible ragtime piano sight-reader and composer I've ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwVKDP8nzQ

Suffered a terrible brain injury in a car crash last year. He was in a coma for weeks and it's taken a long time for him to even recover the ability to speak.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005
This Mixed Drink Tastes Nasty...
Arrested for the terrible crime of being homeless and existing, the state dropped the charges, because they literally had no case, but that was after I spent a week in jail because I couldn't afford to bond out, rode the bus 6 hours to get back to my camp to find everything I owned got looted.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My phone got cut off today because I'm almost $2000 poorer than I was expecting to be thanks to bacterial pneumonia loving my body up for over 3 months now.

Also

TMDTN posted:

Arrested for the terrible crime of being homeless and existing, the state dropped the charges, because they literally had no case, but that was after I spent a week in jail because I couldn't afford to bond out, rode the bus 6 hours to get back to my camp to find everything I owned got looted.

This is hosed up. Sorry, man. :smith:

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

My phone got cut off today because I'm almost $2000 poorer than I was expecting to be thanks to bacterial pneumonia loving my body up for over 3 months now.

Also

This is hosed up. Sorry, man. :smith:

Hey, my phone got shut off today, it was the only thing anyone in my family would help me with, and I wake up to no happy birthday messages, text someone to see what's up, and find out my mom turned my phone off.

Also that pneumonia is a bitch, I had it forever and it definitely is the worst.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Happy Birthday TMDTN! Whereabout do you live?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And how are you posting?

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I just learned that Tom Brier, the most incredible ragtime piano sight-reader and composer I've ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwVKDP8nzQ

Suffered a terrible brain injury in a car crash last year. He was in a coma for weeks and it's taken a long time for him to even recover the ability to speak.

Aw drat, that's awful to hear. I remember finding his rendition of the horse race from Ocarina of Time and my mind still boggles at how he could embellish so much from an simplified piece of sheet music.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

TMDTN posted:

What up fellow hobo bro(hobro?). That poo poo suuuucks. Sorry that happened to you. I'm so glad I'm mobile(van life) but someone loving with my van is a constant concern of mine. Also happy belated birthday.

Solice Kirsk posted:

And how are you posting?

I'm not TMDTN obviously but in my case I still have a smart phone. I work 2 jobs, a lot of homeless people have jobs :shrug:. If they can't afford a phone bill a lot of people will still have a phone, or tablet, maybe an old laptop even and use it on WiFi only. The library is also a thing that exists and at least where I live you can get one at sign up, they just place certain restrictions on it(can only rent x amount of books at a time) but that still gets you computer access.

As for what made my day lovely today: I cut my foot pretty bad the other day and it was finally feeling betterish. I was staying over at a friend's house, we got drunk, etc. Wake up this morning to get ready at work, slip on something in the hallway. Nbd probably some water from the shower my sleepy brain said. He wakes up, also slips. Actually thinks to check out what it is.

It's vomit. His vomit. Apparently he remembers vomiting but thought he made it to the toilet. He was incorrect. The foot I slid in that mess in? The cut one. Foot is killing me now.

Psychobabble! has a new favorite as of 01:15 on May 25, 2017

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

apparently there are a lot more lovely transphobic assholes in my social spheres than previously thought

losin' a lot of cool places to chill since I came out, super lovely.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I was gonna whine about how I was strongly encouraged to leave the job I had been doing for just over a month, and now my anxiety is steadily creeping up and I haven't even started looking for something new because I lost all confidence that I'm actually good at what I do, but after this last page I kinda don't think I want to. I did anyway. Take care, you guys. :smith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
For the past two weeks or so, I've been house-sitting my dad's house (the house I grew up in) while he was away. In practice, it meant that me and my partner could move in for two weeks and do all the stuff my dad is OCD over. He got home tonight while me and my partner were out having dinner.

The result? Like most things that involve my dad when he's not over my shoulder telling me how he wants it done, he decides to ignore all the stuff he told me to do that I did fine, focusing on the few things here and there that I didn't do His Way, or didn't do because (surprise, surprise), he wasn't around to ask questions about.

It hurts more because it's all super low-importance poo poo. He bitched at me about leaving plates and utensils in the sink, when its because I started a full load earlier. He complained that I didn't call his handyman friend to look at the sump pump that was operating a shade louder than I remember, even after telling him that I checked it constantly to see if something had gone wrong (spoiler alert: nope). He complained about the pile of plastic bags I left on the corner of the kitchen, when said bags were mostly the stuff I bought to replace all the food we had eaten, even though he had told us previously he didn't mind if we didn't.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I lost a $20 today. I'm poor so $20 is a poo poo load of money.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Thin Privilege posted:

I lost a $20 today. I'm poor so $20 is a poo poo load of money.

You should keep a better grip on your twenties

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

ArtIsResistance posted:

You should keep a better grip on your twenties

I'm 90% this shady guy who comes into my work snatched it while I wasn't looking.

I worked 14 hours at min wage today and wasn't paid overtime for any of it, lol

*i got a 5 minute break

**legal because I'm working 2 different jobs. Same company too but legal due to reasons

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:00 on May 30, 2017

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
my power is out -- a tornado happened on Sunday afternoon -- and the company's official eta for restoration is loving FRIDAY

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm 90% this shady guy who comes into my work snatched it while I wasn't looking.

I worked 14 hours at min wage today and wasn't paid overtime for any of it, lol

*i got a 5 minute break

**legal because I'm working 2 different jobs. Same company too but legal due to reasons

I don't think that's legal. Are you on 1 payroll or 2?

I have to take public transportation because my wife needs the car. It wouldn't be such a bad thing but it means wrangling a 2 year old on foot for a few miles.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

IamnotJoe posted:

I don't think that's legal. Are you on 1 payroll or 2?

I have to take public transportation because my wife needs the car. It wouldn't be such a bad thing but it means wrangling a 2 year old on foot for a few miles.

2 payrolls. Different people pay me for the 2 different jobs. Nice guy pays one, cheap rear end in a top hat pays the other.

Also cheap rear end in a top hat takes $.60 out of every hour for "meals" so we're technically getting less than minimum wage. Yes I am going to report him to the city and/or state and/or govt.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005

Snorkzilla posted:

Happy Birthday TMDTN! Whereabout do you live?
Thanks! I live in the town n country part of tampa, fl

Solice Kirsk posted:

And how are you posting?
I have a phone with 2 GB of data, just got it upped from 1gb since they messed up and had my phone shut off and ran me around in circles for a week. Otherwise I mostly use WiFi, I'm homeless not an animal.

For the lovely day part, loving possum won't stop waking me up at night. Leave me alone!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My friend is at work at Orlando Airport. She is safe, thank goodness.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I woke up feeling tired and dehydrated, with a terrible headache and slightly sick feeling in my stomach. I've taken painkillers and drunk some soup, tea and Vegemite broth and I still feel awful.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My dog is going to die

Update: I ordered an urn. I had to call to change it from 3-5 day shipping to 2 day shipping and I was friendly and laughing on the phone with the lady (the kind retail people do, fake friendly--I can't help it after working retail for so long) and I think the lady thought I was crazy based on her tone of voice.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:48 on May 31, 2017

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
After having this problem kicked for nearly a year, my diabetic cat started peeing outside the litter box again this weekend, in the room adjacent to where we keep it. My dad, who hates the little guy, discovered a new spot today, so I got yelled at. We have another cat, so I can't be completely sure it was the same one.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Got woken up by the cat an hour early, then she vomited as I was brushing my teeth, and as I walking to get cleaning supplies in the dark, I stepped in another cold pile of vomit! Now I feel like poo poo cause I got up too early. Gonna be a fabulous day!

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Today is the 1 year anniversary of my father's sudden death. On top of that, two days ago my husband's grandfather died from terminal lung cancer, and I'm having a miscarriage. I feel like death is following me :smith:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Didn't sleep at all last night and spent 4 hours at the dentist today but at least I'm not in excruciating agony anymore and will resume my terrible shitposting

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

oldpainless posted:

Didn't sleep at all last night and spent 4 hours at the dentist today but at least I'm not in excruciating agony anymore and will resume my terrible shitposting

more like oldpainless ... gently caress

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
My third floor apartment is currently being flooded from above. Apparently one of the radiators broke or something. So in about 8 hours I get to spend my day dealing with insurance. Woooooo. Hopefully I don't lose anything important. It just really sucks since my bed is now soaked with horrible radiator water from the 8th floor. I can only imagine how bad the apartments above me are.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I have a friend who lives in a high rise apartment in London and I don't know if she's safe.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

An old friend got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and most probably will die within six months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

An old friend got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and most probably will die within six months

Christ, that sucks, man.

For content, my brother told me and my partner that he was coming over for 4th of July dinner. Communication wires were crossed, and it was actually him and a few of his board-game playing buddies coming over. So instead of a short dinner and maybe hanging out for a bit, it was playing some overly-complex and overly-long board game I didn't understand, with people I didn't know, while trying to watch something I had wanted to watch. To make matters worse, I've had a pain in my eye all day because something major got stuck in my eye early in the morning, so I've been dealing with the residual pain due to God-knows-what on my eye all day.