Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

KPC_Mammon posted:

The second VIII banner is really good actually. Especially if you need ice and wind element.

Rinoa's BSB2 and CSB, and Edea's BSB are some of the top ice element mage relics.
Fujin OSB + BSB + attach wind SSB lets you mage meta Golem. You want to mage meta Golem if you can, since he has hefty shield against physical.
Raijin's SSB is actually worth using occasionally because blink + party fastcast is good.

For water save up for Edge's USB. The upcoming X banner does have water BSBs but they are kinda terrible. No enWater, no dark bargain, just plain outdated relics.

But it really depends on which elements you are lacking. What do you need to be able to tackle the magicite dungeons?

I'm pretty well set for Fire, Lighting, Holy, and Dark
Wind I have Zidane BSB2, and Bartz BSB1+EnWind SB (and an EnWind for Fang I guess?)
Water I have Tidus OSB, and uh, Bartz BSB1
Ice I have... Laguna's imperil, Papalymo's enIce SSB, and Delita BSB
Earth I have, uh, Bartz BSB1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Had enough saved for 5 pulls, did 3 and I think I'm gonna stop, even though I didn't get the Cloud USB.

Ended up getting:

2x Enhancer
1x Yoshiyuki
1x Blue Megaphone
2x Green Megaphone
1x Shortbarrel
1x Heavy Vulcan (dupe)

Zack USB is nice but I have basically no Wind SB's except Alphinaud's, which is admittedly good but doesn't synergize well with the other parts of Zack's USB (attack+ crit up)

Seph's BSB is a good get since I have his OSB so now I can enElement into it.

I hate Cait Sith so gently caress the megaphones, I don't care if they're good, and they don't seem to be that good. Similar feeling for Barret - I just don't use anyone but Tyro for my support, since I have Wall and his USB for statusblink.

Vincent, I don't have any of his other stuff so an 8-hit with enFire is okay but nothing to change my plans about.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I am in a strange situation.

My first (and now only) 11 pull got me Cloud USB, but I don't have any real way to take advantage of it outside of RWing a BSB onto Cloud. Can't even craft/hone up Omega Drive due to having eaten all my dark crystals up on R2 Affliction Break.

Huh.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

First Pull: 4/11 Cloud USB, 2x Shortbarrel dupes, Cid Shout.

Second Pull: 3/11 Shortbarrel and 2x Barret SSB.

I think the universe is telling me to listen to that other goon and wait for the Dirge of Cerberus banner to get his BSB2. :v:

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I quit during the first FFT event because of their dickery with drop rates.

Did they ever fix that, or is Global drops still worse than Japanese drop rates?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
First pull: 3/11 Gun, Other Gun, Gun-Arm
Second pull: 3/11 Green Megaphone, Green Megaphone, Cloud USB!

9gns if you want to get in on this sweet Green Megaphone action

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did two pulls, got every SSB. I already have a maxed out javelin, didn't really need another!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I quit during the first FFT event because of their dickery with drop rates.

Did they ever fix that, or is Global drops still worse than Japanese drop rates?

There has never been another reported incident of Global rates differing from JP.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

triplexpac posted:

Did two pulls, got every SSB. I already have a maxed out javelin, didn't really need another!

thank you for taking my bad pulls for me

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I did a second draw. Two 6*s and a 5*! I was excited!

Two Enchancers and one GunArm.

Well. I guess I got a Wind Chain...? No Cloud USB, but I guess that's just gonna have to be life.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ZiegeDame posted:

I'm pretty well set for Fire, Lighting, Holy, and Dark
Wind I have Zidane BSB2, and Bartz BSB1+EnWind SB (and an EnWind for Fang I guess?)
Water I have Tidus OSB, and uh, Bartz BSB1
Ice I have... Laguna's imperil, Papalymo's enIce SSB, and Delita BSB
Earth I have, uh, Bartz BSB1

XV has good earth relics. Wind you either want mage meta or Cloud USB, other physical teams could theoretically work but you'll be at a disadvantage. For water Edge is your best option.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Didn't pull Cloud USB, but RW'd it on a joke attempt at Bahamut 300 to see how much damage my Lightning USB might do with it.

...Focused Bolts entry did 160k and Lightning's USB did 200k. Mastered it in record time. :stare:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got the entire Woke Cloud banner in 5 11 pulls including 100 gemming Seph's BSB2 :getin:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Had 250 mythril saved in hopes of pulling Cloud's BSB2 and Zack's CSB for my wind team. Ended up with one of everything except Sephiroth's BSB2 and Zack's CSB.

I know I'm being an ungrateful poo poo but I would've rather gotten the CSB than Cloud's USB.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Adel posted:

Had 250 mythril saved in hopes of pulling Cloud's BSB2 and Zack's CSB for my wind team. Ended up with one of everything except Sephiroth's BSB2 and Zack's CSB.

I know I'm being an ungrateful poo poo but I would've rather gotten the CSB than Cloud's USB.

Why? Didn't need the USB from Cloud?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Adel posted:

I mean, you have Cloud USB and BSB2 now. You can do some obscene things.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Hey all, completely fresh newbie closing in on his first 50 mithril. Which banner is the best to pull under, assuming I don't care about specific FFs?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Schwartzcough posted:

There has never been another reported incident of Global rates differing from JP.

I spent 500 mythril and 20$ on that one banner hoping for shout.

I did not get Shout.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Hey all, completely fresh newbie closing in on his first 50 mithril. Which banner is the best to pull under, assuming I don't care about specific FFs?

Keeper's choice.

Any of the hastega relics are solid. Especially that ff2 knife. The shellga/protega, and medicas with high regen are also all decent.

Ramza's tailwind chest is good too. I have 50m and can't decide myself.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 5, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I spent 500 mythril and 20$ on that one banner hoping for shout.

I did not get Shout.

Keeper's choice.

Any of the hastega relics are solid. Especially that ff2 knife. The shellga/protega, and medicas with high regen are also all decent.

are you evil or something? Or mistaken?

That is a terrible, terrible banner.

The only reason to pull on that banner is if you have a LOT of relics and decided that you very specifically needed a FF2 or FF7 hastega, which is waaaaay too niche and underpowered for a new player to throw mythril at.

I'm not gonna claim I know banners super well, but the current one has a great hastega (cid's javelin) and some other pretty amazing relics. It's got some duds too, but I mean poo poo it's better than KEEPERS CHOICE.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Keeper's choice.

I heavily disagree with Keeper's Choice pulls. Shout and Sentinel Grimoire are nice, sure. Rest of the banner is a minefield of lovely ancient relics, including the ones you can pick.

Current best banner up right now is the FF7 banner, which also has a Shout clone, and bunch of super powerful relics. You can just get a good Roaming Warrior hastega instead.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Attestant posted:

I heavily disagree with Keeper's Choice pulls. Shout and Sentinel Grimoire are nice, sure. Rest of the banner is a minefield of lovely ancient relics, including the ones you can pick.

Current best banner up right now is the FF7 banner, which also has a Shout clone, and bunch of super powerful relics. You can just get a good Roaming Warrior hastega instead.

He wasn't even talking about keepers 2, which has shout and SG. He's talking about keeper's choice ONE which has organics as its headliner. It's a terrible, terribly outdated banner.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Pander posted:

He wasn't even talking about keepers 2, which has shout and SG. He's talking about keeper's choice ONE which has organics as its headliner. It's a terrible, terribly outdated banner.

:psyduck:

Jesus gently caress, :siren: DO NOT PULL ON THAT TERRIBLE BANNER :siren:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Forget Organics, Keeper's Choice 1 debuted before you were guaranteed at least one 5* every time you made an 11-pull

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

Pull on this banner (FF7 banner). It's got some top-line stuff that'll hold up really well, and even the less stuff is still pretty good and, like I said, Cid's Javelin is something you'll use a LOT for a long while if you get it.

Also, save up for the next lucky draw (which I think hits soon?). It only costs 25 mythril, which you should be able to afford in addition to one pull on this banner if you keep running through story dungeons.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Do not pull on either Keeper's Choice Banner.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Pander posted:

Also, save up for the next lucky draw (which I think hits soon?). It only costs 25 mythril, which you should be able to afford in addition to one pull on this banner if you keep running through story dungeons.

Datamined for July 10th, I think. IX/X/Tactics.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

By the time any currently new player will end up needing Wall/Shout/some other high-powered effect, they'll be able to pull it off some curated banner that doesn't have a few duds like KC2 or all duds like KC1. Just watch for those instead of pulling on the Keeper's Choice banners, since you can still make a lot of headway without a bunch of native buffs if you play smart and RW the thing you need most.

I've pulled on KC2 once, and while it was worth it (as I got Wall and a +fire hat out of it) I recognize that I could have gotten some stinkers like Squall BSB1 or Terra BSB1. I also pulled on KC1 twice (months ago when I was still struggling on some of the Nightmare content), and it really, really wasn't worth it in retrospect. Edit: I did get a bunch of statsticks for it, but honestly those can be gotten from pulling on any drat banner.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 5, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A single 5*, Cait Sith Burst. Could be worse ?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't pull on this banner because I have a green megaphone and I know that if I pull I'll go 1/that.

Rikku banner best banner, saving up for that. No dupes, weak realm for me, and an A+++++ prize if I can get her USB since I don't have OK BSB.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I went 2/11, 2 Gun Arms. Yes, it can.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Schwartzcough posted:

They can also just RW Zack's CSB if nothing else and further the ridiculous murder.

ceaselessfuture posted:

FF7's banner.

Zack's CSB is a wind chain plus 50% atk and 50% crit damage
Cliud's USB is a literal game breaker
Cloud's BSB is very good and if you also manage to get his USB, makes him a ridiculous (wind based) killing machine
Sephiroth's BSB is also really good from the sound of things
Cid's SSB is +50atk and hastega

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

3/11, ended up with Zack's CSB, Vincent's Shortbarrel, and Barret's Vulcan Cannon. CSB is nice but I was really hoping for that USB or something for Seph. Other two are solidly meh, though I guess I'll take the Vincent relic since I stupidly spent 4* wisdom motes diving him to black mage 5 before I realized how rare they were.

Debating on another pull but I think there might be too many dupes now and this banner is honestly like 50% poo poo. Might just save up for a shot at Rikku's USB, and after that I'm probably just dumping all of my mythril into that V banner with a shitload of Bartz gear because I am already loving his en-wind + Snowspell Strike combo and have most of his legend dive done for that sweet, sweet double Spellblade proc since I also have Celes' BSB2 and spellblade 5* skills are getting buffed on top of that.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

As a differing opinion, you might consider drawing on FFXII-1. For the VII banner, the big draw is a Cloud USB that you won't be able to get a ton of use out of as a new player, and some other relics that range from good to really really bad. Cid's Shout-like and Barret's hyper break are decent gets for a new account.

However, XII-1 has something very close to the Shout-like, and arguably better: Reks' BSB gives hastega and a boostga, plus a defense buff and burst commands, on a really versatile character. His burst commands can even be used for healing; it's a VERY good relic. It also has a pretty top-tier USB in Vaan's, which has obscene damage potential later on when you can hone high-level abilities more (similar to Cloud's), but is useful right away for a stacking debuff. The banner also has a USB medica, and a good medica is SUPER important. It also has some decent other BSBs, including Basch's which can be used for tauntaliating (using an ability that lures physical attacks like "Draw Fire" combined with his command 2 that makes those attacks miss and makes Basch counter-attack), which is a useful strategy for starting out.

The banner also has a SECOND medica and an AoE blink, plus another stacking debuff. I'd say for a new account, it's better than the VII banner.

XII-2 is also great, with a top-tier debuffing BSB, a top-tier medica BSB, a second medica (with hastega), plus some other good stuff.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Got Clouds BSB2, 1/11. Was really hoping for the USB, but since I already have his OSB, this is an acceptable result! I now have Cloud, Zack's BSB and Zidane's BSB2. So the chain or USB would've been very nice. Oh well.
Now I just have to figure out how to neuter Bahamut 300 long enough to get him down to his wind weak phase and murder him.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I'm coming around to Sephiroth's BSB2. It's good mechanically, but I love that they somehow made it just feel so vicious, especially when combined with Cloud USB RW. Adding in the big numbers on each hit of Cmd1 just feels good.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Pander posted:

are you evil or something? Or mistaken?

That is a terrible, terrible banner.

The only reason to pull on that banner is if you have a LOT of relics and decided that you very specifically needed a FF2 or FF7 hastega, which is waaaaay too niche and underpowered for a new player to throw mythril at.

I'm not gonna claim I know banners super well, but the current one has a great hastega (cid's javelin) and some other pretty amazing relics. It's got some duds too, but I mean poo poo it's better than KEEPERS CHOICE.

Just haven't played in ages. :shrug: sorry.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I pulled twice. First pull was Rufus' Gun and Cid's Javelin. Second pull was Cait Sith's Super-phone and Cloud's BSB2. Honestly I think that's good enough, I was going to pull three times but the risk for dupes is too high and I've probably gotten way luckier than many people here.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Cosmic Afro posted:

Why? Didn't need the USB from Cloud?

Schwartzcough posted:

For my setup it seemed more useful to have a wind chain SB native while RWing Cloud's USB than the other way around, so that's what I was hoping for. Or if I had to pick one, that a chain SB would be a better improvement to a wind team than just the USB (especially since I already have Cloud's OSB), but that last one could be based on poo poo assumptions so :v:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Does Cloud's USB recur on any known banner?

I can afford to pull twice between this and the Al Bhed one in a week, and I would very much like at least a shot at Rikku's as I don't have a useful dancer (I have none of Tyro's breaks either). I'm trying to decide if I should pull one of each, or twice on one or the other, but that depends a bit on recurrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Just haven't played in ages. :shrug: sorry.

To further put things in perspective, we never got Keeper's Choice 3 and Mog's Choice 2. Those banners would also have been outdated by now. :negative:

Basically though, random SB/SSB hastegas and shared medicas aren't really that great anymore. A single good modern burst or USB will be much more value, in both long and short term.

• Locked thread