Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Catberry posted:

I saw something like that a few days ago. A guy was launching clouds that were easily a meter long and half a meter wide. Looked like a steam engine.

Yeah I don't really mind novelty vaping as a hobby (some friends-of-friends do it) but people smoking up rooms is obnoxious and vaping all over the place in public is just asking to get your poo poo banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Catberry posted:

I saw something like that a few days ago. A guy was launching clouds that were easily a meter long and half a meter wide. Looked like a steam engine.

I see that poo poo daily on my walk to work, it's always bubblegum or cotton candy (I can't tell which, it's just some cloying fruit odor) and they seem to deliberately blow it onto the widest part of the path instead of up or into wall. Desperate grab for even a fleeting moment of acknowledgement from another human being, no matter who? Couldn't be.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
People who talk about 'my lawyer' can go gently caress themselves. Dude, you're quibbling over a fifty dollar invoice, I highly doubt you have a lawyer on retainer. Just the idea that by invoking the threat of 'my lawyer' means you don't have to play by the rules that everyone else does is so petty. Pay your bill and get out of here you trash person.

Edit: people who use legal terms to try and sound important and scary. I often hear 'I didn't consent to have these tests done so why should I have to pay for them?' Bitch, I think you'll find you did consent when you signed the drat consent form next to the paragraph of legalese that features the words 'I consent to have these tests done and understand I am responsible for any costs incurred'. And then they try to tell me that signing the form wasn't consent because they thought it wasn't going to cost them anything. Also, if you truly didn't consent how would we have gotten your blood to do the test? I don't think the phlebotomist held you at gunpoint while they did the blood draw. You went there voluntarily, sat down and allowed someone to stick you with a needle and take your blood away in a vial. Don't tell me you didn't consent.

cyberia has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Jul 4, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Anybody who walks in to a store or restaurant a minute before they close and asks "hey are you still open?" is probably a terrible person. I'm willing to excuse "oh gently caress sorry I really need *thing* right now it's all I need I'll buy it and get out of your hair as quickly as I can" but it's very rarely that. Mostly it's "closing time means that if I get there a nanosecond before that then I can take all the time I need."

I worked in a restaurant that closed at midnight. It was a constant frustration for people to come in at 11:58 and be all like "hey you're still open, right?" and demand to be served. gently caress you. I hate you. I want to go home but now I have to wait an extra hour to take care of you then clean up the mess you'll invariably leave. Go away.

Similarly, I work in a restaurant that's only open for dinner, at 4 pm. I run the prep crew and do all of our purchasing among other things, so I spend a fair amount of time out in the seating area on the phone. The amount of people who pull on the door, peer in the door, pull again, walk around the building to the other side, pull on the door, see me, knock frantically and wave, then when i walk over figuring they're the new beer delivery guy or something go "hey, are you open?", is absolutely astounding. The hours are posted on both of the doors that you pulled on. We literally make all of our money from people being able to come in and eat a meal when we are serving them. If we wanted you in here, you wouldn't have to exert a bunch of effort and wind up with someone in a chef coat, holding a clipboard opening the door 6 inches not being particularly polite and giving you a weird look.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

On a similar note, working retail and the manager nudging to close the store a bit later so that some customers come in and maybe the store can hit plan. Yeah sure, I'll stay open past closing time. Not like I wanted to get home as soon as possible to eat dinner and sleep. :jerkbag:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

When I worked in a jewelry store in a mall, staying open late on Christmas Eve or the night before Valentines Day was actually a great idea. Because people are desperate and they'll spend more money if you're the only place open. We got bonuses too so I was happy to stay for an hour after closing, some years my bonus cheque was bigger than my paycheque and that was with overtime.

If they're not making it worth my while then gently caress them. Should have shopped in advance like normal people, you lazy rear end in a top hat. Have fun getting a nice gift at 7/11.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

om nom nom posted:

Similarly, I work in a restaurant that's only open for dinner, at 4 pm. I run the prep crew and do all of our purchasing among other things, so I spend a fair amount of time out in the seating area on the phone. The amount of people who pull on the door, peer in the door, pull again, walk around the building to the other side, pull on the door, see me, knock frantically and wave, then when i walk over figuring they're the new beer delivery guy or something go "hey, are you open?", is absolutely astounding. The hours are posted on both of the doors that you pulled on. We literally make all of our money from people being able to come in and eat a meal when we are serving them. If we wanted you in here, you wouldn't have to exert a bunch of effort and wind up with someone in a chef coat, holding a clipboard opening the door 6 inches not being particularly polite and giving you a weird look.

During my restaurant days I worked at a place that closed at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve. We were closed on Christmas. Now, most people loathed that closing shift on Christmas Eve for basically that reason; the doors locked at 4 p.m. Of course a horde of people showed up at 3:55 anyway.

I specifically requested that shift. I would gleefully and happily work until 8 p.m. every Christmas Eve specifically for the schadenfreude of people being extremely confused at the different from usual hours. I'd stay until midnight if I had to; I don't think there was anything as satisfying as watching people be extremely confused that the place closed early on Christmas Eve. There would be a huge loving sign up before Thanksgiving detailing holiday hours. It wasn't a mystery. It was the same every year; hey you fucks it turns out restaurant employees had families too which they might actually like to see.

And yet...like clockwork...people would show up at 4:05 p.m. on December 24th and be extremely confused when the door was locked. They'd tug on the door, look at each other, tug on it again, look at each other some more, look at the parking lot, and then finally after five or so minutes of looking at the door WITH THE GIGANTIC HOLIDAY HOURS SIGN ON IT notice that we were, in fact, keeping non-standard hours during the holidays. Of course people would force their way in at 4:30 and demand to be served as others were leaving only to be turned away. They'd of course complain to corporate who would say "sorry but we closed at 4. If you showed up after four then no service for you." Needless to say people would call every holiday and lose their drat minds over the fact that we were closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We'd even go so far as to let employees go sit up on the roof when fireworks were still going off on July 4th. Restaurant employees are human too and gently caress you we also get holidays.

It was a small thing but my absolute favorite shift to work every year was Christmas Eve closing just to feast on the Grade A Prime Unfiltered Schadenfreude. I haven't celebrated much of anything in over a decade but I will always have fond memories of feasting on the delicious misery of people demanding other people giving up their holidays. Yes it's petty as gently caress but my goodness was it delicious.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I really appreciated it the first half a year or so. Hedging bets with myself as to how many times they'd pull on the door, and whether they would actually walk all the way around the building to the other door, when the answer they were looking for was directly in front of them. But it became the kind of thing where I've lost a lot of faith in humanity. It just keeps happening. We tried serving lunch during the summer of 2014, and the cost of operations/stress on our staff to profit ratio just wasn't worth it. So my favorite, which happens relatively regularly is when I tell people we're closed, and as if the locked doors and lack of serving/ greeting/ any staff aside from this one guy weren't enough, they've got to double check: "so you're not open for lunch?" "No, we will open at 4 for dinner and happy hour." "But my (acquittance) had lunch here last week!" No, they did not. Either they are lying to you or you are trying to lie to me. I was here last week. We were not open for lunch. I really, really promise we are, in fact, closed, I didn't just hide all of the front of house staff, along with the other guests who weren't you, in order to not include you in our super secret under ground lunch that your friend was a part of, but you don't get to be.

Edit: this is probably the most appropriate thing in my life for this thread. It's a little thing, but it happens pretty regularly, and I'm usually way too busy to be unlocking the door just to tell people something they could read on a sign so it's been pissing my off for like 2 years now. But I hadn't thought about it for the thread before. Thanks, ToxicSlurpee, for the restaurant hours post to make me think of this.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 08:35 on Jul 4, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey I think this video belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Catberry posted:

In the great irony of it all. Vaping is gradually becoming banned in work places and other establishments because vapers are taking what little freedom they had too far and becoming a real nuisance. Insisting on repeating the sins of the father.

I was at a cottage this weekend with a dude who had a whooole range of terrible vape scents. After he busted out the cotton candy one during dinner, my boyfriend's mom banished him to the dock if he was going to use the stinky ones.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When someone stands too close to you during a conversation it's pretty annoying but the really aggravating thing is when you take a slight step back to make some space and they immediately take a step towards you.

When someone tells me the same story or bit of news more than once even when I tell them "yeah you told me the other day".

e: someone drinking soup out of a cup like it's coffee makes me gag and i can't even look at them do it

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Jul 4, 2017

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

cyberia posted:

People who talk about 'my lawyer' can go gently caress themselves. Dude, you're quibbling over a fifty dollar invoice, I highly doubt you have a lawyer on retainer. Just the idea that by invoking the threat of 'my lawyer' means you don't have to play by the rules that everyone else does is so petty. Pay your bill and get out of here you trash person.

I had a lawyer once when I evicted a tenant. We talked for 15 minutes and she charged me $400.

May I never need one again.

On topic:

Stores that open after the listed time. We all have phone clocks synched up to some world time lord now and so everyone has the one and only "time"

So when a store is set to open at 10:00 I show up at 9:50 and wait in my car. At 10:00 some guy runs up to the door and fiddles a bit before walking away. I walk up to the door and pull the handle and it's not even open. Instead he returns at 10:03 or 10:05 and opens up while I stand in the cold looking into my phone like a loving lemon.

If I ever own a store I will tell the staff to open 5 minutes before it says we open.

Catberry has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Jul 4, 2017

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

cyberia posted:

When I worked for a big company I loved people who did this. As soon as they mentioned "lawyer", I had to turn the whole matter over to legal. Thanks for escalating the problem out of my hands, pal. It was even more satisfying when it was obvious they were making an empty threat.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
These loss edits are getting weird.

And this joke is probably old enough to smoke cigarettes.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Catberry posted:

If I ever own a store I will tell the staff to open 5 minutes before it says we open.

Pay your staff to be there earlier than opening hours then.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
This five dollar Hot n Ready was neither hot nor ready.

You will hear from my fat lawyer.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Bogan King posted:

Does the assumption in much of retail that staff should do half an hour or more unpaid work every day opening and closing the shop count as an obnoxious little thing?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rolo posted:

This five dollar Hot n Ready was neither hot nor ready.

You will hear from my fat lawyer.

Now I'm just a small-town pizza lawyer, but I do declare that there is indeed no such thing as pizza rules. It's all perfectly legal!

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

EmmyOk posted:

When someone tells me the same story or bit of news more than once even when I tell them "yeah you told me the other day".

This bothers me too. My mother- and sister-in-law are both really bad for this, and sometimes my sil and my husband will have the exact same conversation on like 3 consecutive occasions when we all hang out, and neither of them realizes it. It is baffling to me.

I worry about doing the same thing sometimes, so if I can't remember if I already told someone my *hilarious anecdote* or whatever, I'll preface it with something like "I can't remember if I already told you about..." so they can just jump in and cut me off.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

genetic_knockout posted:

This bothers me too. My mother- and sister-in-law are both really bad for this, and sometimes my sil and my husband will have the exact same conversation on like 3 consecutive occasions when we all hang out, and neither of them realizes it. It is baffling to me.

I worry about doing the same thing sometimes, so if I can't remember if I already told someone my *hilarious anecdote* or whatever, I'll preface it with something like "I can't remember if I already told you about..." so they can just jump in and cut me off.

This happens so frequently I just go along with it these days. It is way less rude and makes people feel better about telling the story.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

il_cornuto posted:

Does the assumption in much of retail that staff should do half an hour or more unpaid work every day opening and closing the shop count as an obnoxious little thing?

This happens? I've done opening and closing for a supermarket and I was absolutely paid for the half hour it takes to set up or close up.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

il_cornuto posted:

Where does this happen? When I opened the store I was clocked in the half hour early it took to open everything up, and now that I close I clock out a half hour later once all my closing duties are done.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Catberry posted:

So when a store is set to open at 10:00 I show up at 9:50 and wait in my car. At 10:00 some guy runs up to the door and fiddles a bit before walking away. I walk up to the door and pull the handle and it's not even open. Instead he returns at 10:03 or 10:05 and opens up while I stand in the cold looking into my phone like a loving lemon.

Related: Shops that just don't advertise their opening times. You walk past and they're closed, so you decide to come back when they're open but there's no indication of when that might be.

Bogan King posted:

Don't most shops already do this?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Tiggum posted:

Don't most shops already do this?

Even here in Australia you'll get places trying to skirt around that poo poo so I figured USA was completely bullshit insane about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I had a job doing office work for a tradesman, start time was 8:30am and he expected me to be sitting at my desk ready to answer the phone at 8:30am even though there was a bunch of things that needed to be done before I was ready to start fielding calls from customers. I was expected to come in early and take care of all that other stuff (which was all business related) before I was on the clock.

But he was a selfish rear end in a top hat who generally treated his staff like poo poo and could never be wrong about anything and genuinely thought everyone was out to get him and cost him money so that was no surprise.

Edit: if I ever came in early or stayed late to finish stuff up and put that on my timesheet he'd quietly delete that extra time behind my back and not tell me.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Bogan King posted:

Even here in Australia you'll get places trying to skirt around that poo poo so I figured USA was completely bullshit insane about it.

It depends on the company. Very big companies generally won't do it as that's just begging for a class action lawsuit. If it turned out Walmart was doing that you'd bet your rear end you'd have lawyers salivating over the opportunity to get a piece of the payout because it would be huge.

Smaller places are probably not worth suing over it and it can be a hard thing to prove sometimes. It also varies by state how easy it is to get away with it. I had a convenience store job where I ran into that issue but it was like 5 minutes at the end of the day to count my till. The way they did their hours was based on when you were logged in to the register. In retrospect I should have reported it or complained but :effort:.

In my restaurant days I got told that I had to be in 15 to 30 minutes before my shift "in case they needed me" and to get my poo poo ready for the shift. My response was "if you want me in 15 to 30 minutes early schedule me 15 to 30 minutes early and pay me." They never brought it up again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cyberia posted:

I actually used the my lawyer line recently for the first time in my life. It's very tempting when you have some leech trying to suck money from you. It was also at least %50 true and worked.

Although it was $7000 of total bullshit not $50

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Catberry posted:

In the great irony of it all. Vaping is gradually becoming banned in work places and other establishments because vapers are taking what little freedom they had too far and becoming a real nuisance. Insisting on repeating the sins of the father.

I used to work with a guy who was That Guy - he always would tell you what thing he'd bought, and how much it cost, and what a great deal he'd got on it because he'd done x or y Super Clever Thing which most people didn't know about (which 99% of the time was being an objectionable prick). He was also a smoker, and the minute vaping hit there he was in the staff canteen area, vaping like his life depended on it, because it's not banned, guys, it's not smoking!!! Never mind that it was still loving obnoxious to have him puffing in your face at the table.

He also moved in with a girl from work that he'd known about 4 weeks and absolutely refused to pay any amount of money in rent which would go towards the mortgage, because he wasn't on the mortgage so he wouldn't get anything out of it. Basically he lived there and paid his half of their tiny bills and that was that. Why she never told him to gently caress off I won't understand - they eventually got together and it was so evidently one of those "well, I guess so" relationships-by-default.

oldpainless posted:

I used to work at a car rental place. One Sunday I got a call from a woman at 1030. She said her car was due back at 1045 but she was about 30 minutes behind. We were open until 2 and we didn't need it back so I said it's fine just have it back by 2 and I won't charge anything extra. 11 went by and noon and 1 and I closed at 2 and left. The next morning the car was left overnight and I charged her for the day. An hour later she calls me in a rage saying she was told she had till 2 to return it at no charge and she was there at 1:50 but we had closed so it's not her fault and shouldn't be charged. I told her I was the guy she talked to, we were open till 2 and we had cameras and she came by at 2:07. This bitch started SCREAMING about her lawyer and a lawsuit and when I asked her why she said she would be back by 11 yesterday morning but somehow showed up minutes after we closed she had a meltdown. Anyways the place didn't have scripts or anything like that so I started laughing which made her angrier and she swore she would be there within an hour but never showed up.

Welp bye

Guys were regularly meaner, or more aggressive, or belittling, but when I worked in customer service on the phones it was always women who had the primo screaming-like-a-banshee meltdowns. One woman lost her mind and gave a full on shriek of rage because I'd calmly explained her payment method to her for the fifth time, as she failed to understand why we weren't showing up in her list of direct debits (i.e. because she was not paying us that way).

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

genetic_knockout posted:

After getting married I learned that there are 2 kinds of people in the world: those who find enjoyment in the very act of talking, and those who see talking primarily as a way of dispensing information. Like most goons (I suspect), I am the latter, so I'm always overly cautious about saying something I might have said before, and if I go ahead and do it, I include all kinds of disclaimers. Whereas my wife's family will tell the same stories over and over again, and apparently not get tired of it.
I too have learned to just roll with it, and hopefully some day I'll be less cagey about speaking up myself.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

After getting married I learned that there are 2 kinds of people in the world: those who find enjoyment in the very act of talking, and those who see talking primarily as a way of dispensing information. Like most goons (I suspect), I am the latter, so I'm always overly cautious about saying something I might have said before, and if I go ahead and do it, I include all kinds of disclaimers. Whereas my wife's family will tell the same stories over and over again, and apparently not get tired of it.
I too have learned to just roll with it, and hopefully some day I'll be less cagey about speaking up myself.

This is going to suck when telepathy becomes a reality

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
I work at a place that sells parts for grills among other things. I've received so many angry calls about people who ordered parts on Sunday and expected them to be there before July 4th somehow, even though there's no mail delivery on Sunday or the 4th. I have been told I RUINED the 4th of July for them, as if it wasn't their poor planning.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Where does this happen? When I opened the store I was clocked in the half hour early it took to open everything up, and now that I close I clock out a half hour later once all my closing duties are done.

In the UK I've had it happen as a sales assistant for a national chain and both management positions I've had in the charity retail sector. Every manager I've talked about it with is contracted for shop opening hours only as well.

It's honestly not a big deal for management IMO because you're salaried anyway but managers expecting sales assistants to come in early/stay late to help open and close even though you're not being paid is the norm in my experience, though I don't expect it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I work at a place that sells parts for grills among other things. I've received so many angry calls about people who ordered parts on Sunday and expected them to be there before July 4th somehow, even though there's no mail delivery on Sunday or the 4th. I have been told I RUINED the 4th of July for them, as if it wasn't their poor planning.

Poor planning is the story of my life. I work at one of the top tourist destinations in my city, in the gift shops. People complain so much about kids hats costing $16 or umbrellas costing $12. "Don't you have any on sale?" Just the damaged items. Oh, they don't want damaged ones. Why don't we have cheaper ones, they just forgot there's at home/in the hotel! I've ruined their day now!

I had a guy beg for free batteries for his camera after the ones in it died. He whined that we took such advantage of unprepared people. When people say that kind of poo poo I'm not scared to respond that we're a registered non-profit charity that funds conservation projects all over the world and every little bit helps us in our operations. So give me your goddamn $6 and stop bitching.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Got another one:

*While watching a movie*
"Does he die? Do they get caught? Will they help him? Do they wind up together? Where are they going? Is it going to be a trap? Is she lying? Does she get back home?"
WAAAAATCH.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

genetic_knockout posted:

Holy crap. One of my friends is the worst for this. Forgetting once is fine and easily laughed off, but he got a cat a week ago and every single time we've talked since then he's said "yeah so I got a cat! His name is Doctor, or do you think I should call him Nugget?"

He did this for a month beforehand too, only replace "got" with "gonna get". And also that his doctor wrote him a note so he doesn't have to pay the pet deposit at his apartment, which according to him makes it a service cat. Except it doesn't, and every time he told me this I asked if he meant it was an emotional support animal instead, and he just said " oh yeah, it's that." He kept talking about how he couldn't wait to take his cat into stores and show it to some lady he knows at Rite Aid, etc. and I tried to tell him how they don't appreciate customers bringing in nonessential animals, and that calling your cat an emotional support animal doesn't really mean anything, but I'm afraid it was in one ear and out the other. You have depression and bipolar, you don't need to take your cat in to buy cigarettes 😒

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Das Boo posted:

Got another one:

*While watching a movie*
"Does he die? Do they get caught? Will they help him? Do they wind up together? Where are they going? Is it going to be a trap? Is she lying? Does she get back home?"
WAAAAATCH.

Stop watching movies with my wife.

At first I thought she was doing it because we would watch movies I'd seen and she hadn't. One night we're watching a horrible horror movie that I'd never seen and she starts doing this. Turns out she didn't even realize she was speaking.

She still does this so I answer her questions with ridiculous answers. Usually stops her.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
with that said,

having said that,

and turning into a driveway from the middle of the street

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Das Boo posted:

Got another one:

*While watching a movie*
WAAAAATCH.

On a similar note, people who smugly predict really obvious plot points and twists like I'm supposed to give them a medal.

My dad refuses to watch anything that isn't the most base popcorn poo poo (no joke, his favorite movie of all time is that Battleship movie from like 5 years ago) and always acts like the smartest guy in the room when he loudly predicts what is going to happen next. Drives me nuts, but I just give him a thumbs up at this point.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

People at a store checkout who have a basket full of items and put one thing at a time on the conveyor as slowly as possible. The same people always have everything spread out on the conveyor instead of efficiently packing it all together so there's these big gaps of space and you're sitting there waiting and you could start putting you poo poo on the conveyor if only their poo poo was packed more closely but you've got to sit there and watch them put on the conveyor a bottle of shampoo *gap* and a loaf of bread *gap* and a container of milk *gap* and a stick of butter *gap* and a can of beans *gap* and another can of beans *gap* and another can of beans *gap* and a head of cabbage *gap* and one white onion *gap* and some furniture polish *gap* and a box of cereal *gap* and a bag of chips *gap* and AAAAAAARRRRRGH.

You Are A Werewolf has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you are nice person and people use that to become very clingy in record time. Its almost as if you are the first and only nice person they ever met so they grab onto you and want your every moment. Its even worse when you are a girl and you are nice to a guy just because and that suddenly means we are boyfriend and girlfriend and lets talk about mundane poo poo in between heart emojis and pointed compliments. Look, I am sure you are also a nice person but peel it off a little please. I'm suffocating. But still, too nice to say gently caress off....

• Locked thread