Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is really lame and stupid. Who gives a poo poo who made a dumb gif that literally anyone could have in 5 minutes. CNN continues to be a worthless embarrassing shitpile.

I mean, it's a LITTLE interesting that the president of the united states is sharing memes from like, actual neonazis on his twitter. isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I mean, it's a LITTLE interesting that the president of the united states is sharing memes from like, actual neonazis on his twitter. isn't it?

That's the newsworthy part. He got it from someone (Bannon).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fulchrum posted:

Your average golf cart motor and battery can't drag his blubbery bloated rear end very fast or far.
Battery? You think Trump goes for the green solution instead of the gas version?

He probably has a bespoke cart with a motorcycle engine.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The conscience of Nixon and the brain of Reagan.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

CNN posted:

When asked specifically about his other posts that consisted of racist, Islamophobic, and anti-Semitic language and imagery, he answered, "I love people of all races, creeds and origins. One of my best friends is a homosexual and one of my best friends is Jewish and one of my best friends is Muslim."

Hooray, one pile of poo poo actually faces some minor consequences for their actions. Feel good story of the year. :suicide:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Absolutely and they should report on that. I just don't see the point of outing this turd with a front page headline unless he's secretly a public figure or something. It's pretty loving creepy actually.:shrug:

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What's with the Russian flag and FSB tag?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Serfer posted:

What's with the Russian flag and FSB tag?

Pretty sure it's ironic

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The prick is going to be on Alex Jones' show inside a week claiming the Mossad threatened to kill him. He'll be a Breitbart writer inside of a month (with a WH press pass), and he'll have a ghost-written book deal inside of three. The Russians won't have to maintain bots anymore - there'll be tens of thousands of "pedes" who will want to follow in this guy's piss-soaked footsteps, all looking to outdo one another.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is really lame and stupid. Who gives a poo poo who made a dumb gif that literally anyone could have in 5 minutes. CNN continues to be a worthless embarrassing shitpile.

Idk I think it's pretty funny that the alpha alpha alpha online Nazis who tell it like it is fold like a cheap suit the instant they comprehend the possibility that their friends and family would find out.

Good luck scattering the cockroaches at CNN and taking back the country from the Jewminati without your mom finding out what you're up to all day in the basement when there's chores to be done, you Aryan heroes.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I appear to be hedging my hegemony bets with China. :shepface:

Germany's unequivocally the best of the three and has less interest and maybe ability than either.

China is actively building a digital security state. If you think Trump asking states for your voting records is bad... well... https://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21711902-worrying-implications-its-social-credit-project-china-invents-digital-totalitarian

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The prick is going to be on Alex Jones' show inside a week claiming the Mossad threatened to kill him. He'll be a Breitbart writer inside of a month (with a WH press pass), and he'll have a ghost-written book deal inside of three. The Russians won't have to maintain bots anymore - there'll be tens of thousands of "pedes" who will want to follow in this guy's piss-soaked footsteps, all looking to outdo one another.

Yeah, Cernovich is already trying to martyr the guy via illiteracy. Based on the responses it seems like it's working too.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/882429239986765828

(CNN said they reached out and the guy didn't respond, he apologized, then contacted them to apologize further)

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

o poo poo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Malachi Constant posted:

Hooray, one pile of poo poo actually faces some minor consequences for their actions. Feel good story of the year. :suicide:

The weird thing is he only has one friend. A gay Muslim-Jew.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Malachi Constant posted:

At the end of the article he actually makes a good statement to his fellow shitheads. Of questionable sincerity, but a good statement about trolling being "bullying with a wider net" (paraphrasing).

not that it'll do anything

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pembroke Fuse posted:

China is actively building a digital security state. If you think Trump asking states for your voting records is bad... well... https://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21711902-worrying-implications-its-social-credit-project-china-invents-digital-totalitarian

Oh, I know it's a nightmare hellscape, I just happen to be on good terms with some transportation folks out there who have bright futures as long as they don't get on the wrong end of a factional dispute and/or a strongman.

Haha, it's the social credit thing. God, I love that proposal for how overwhelmingly, hilarious dystopian it is.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
lmao

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/882418386143260673

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SeANMcBAY posted:

Absolutely and they should report on that. I just don't see the point of outing this turd with a front page headline unless he's secretly a public figure or something. It's pretty loving creepy actually.:shrug:

JEEEWWWWWWSSSSSSS!!!!

--Donald Trump, 2017

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Plus hasn't reading the Declaration of Independence in it's entirety on the 4th been a thing on NPR for like 30+ years?

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oh, I know it's a nightmare hellscape, I just happen to be on good terms with some transportation folks out there who have bright futures as long as they don't get on the wrong end of a factional dispute and/or a strongman.

Haha, it's the social credit thing. God, I love that proposal for how overwhelmingly, hilarious dystopian it is.

I think my broader point is that no matter how terrible the US is, there are always states waiting in the wings to be worse. We're better off trying to revolt and/or reform than waiting for the tender mercies of some other more competently unscrupulous state.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

EnergizerFellow posted:

Plus hasn't reading the Declaration of Independence in it's entirety on the 4th been a thing on NPR for like 30+ years?

If they are tweeting the whole thing, then sure. If they are only tweeting those select phrases, then I can see why trump supporters are responding poorly.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Megasabin posted:

If they are tweeting the whole thing, then sure. If they are only tweeting those select phrases, then I can see why trump supporters are responding poorly.

they did the whole thing

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Covok posted:

:shrug: It's a little funny to me.

It's a bit funny, and the guy seems like an rear end in a top hat, but it just makes CNN look kind of pathetic for pushing it this far.

People are screaming about CNNBLACKMAIL, but they were already screaming about CNN from the retraction (which as far as I know still solely had to do with the number of sources, and not the content itself), and they were screaming about them beforehand...

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Megasabin posted:

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/882313133863436288 well gosh that was hard to check

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

It's a bit funny, and the guy seems like an rear end in a top hat, but it just makes CNN look kind of pathetic for pushing it this far.

People are screaming about CNNBLACKMAIL, but they were already screaming about CNN from the retraction (which as far as I know still solely had to do with the number of sources, and not the content itself), and they were screaming about them beforehand...

Clearly you don't get the role of the heel. CNN does.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

And this friends, is why education, especially civics, is really really really important.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Once the guy's call FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST THE MEDIA was endorsed by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, he was news worthy. Nothing petty about it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Covok posted:

Once the guy's call FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST THE MEDIA was endorsed by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, he was news worthy. Nothing petty about it.

I just wish it were being examined like that.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nucleic Acids posted:

CNN could do a piece about mothers who weren't bankrupt giving birth due to Obamacare and the piss babies would throw a fit.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Mustached Demon posted:

CNN could do a piece about mothers who weren't bankrupt giving birth due to Obamacare and the piss babies would throw a fit.

CNN could do a story about new flavors of ice cream and they'd get a "those flavors aren't real, fake news" response.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'd hate to live in a world with only fake cookies n cream.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This is mildly unsettling.

https://twitter.com/DandelionDollar/status/882411181398343680

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Covok posted:

This is key. No one would have given a hoot about this post likely, until Trump got involved and blew it up. The guy called for violence. That is a pretty big deal depending on who it is aimed to and how clearly, and he was aware that the social atmosphere for journalists is really precarious right now. If it turned out he was Muslim or had a non-white sounding name, I guarantee this would have turned out differently.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hastings posted:

This is key. No one would have given a hoot about this post likely, until Trump got involved and blew it up. The guy called for violence. That is a pretty big deal depending on who it is aimed to and how clearly, and he was aware that the social atmosphere for journalists is really precarious right now. If it turned out he was Muslim or had a non-white sounding name, I guarantee this would have turned out differently.

Well, he couldn't possibly have known he was going to be endorsed by Trump. To me that's the key aspect of this issue and why CNN's doxxing him rubs me the wrong way.

All he did was create some dumb meme, then woke up the next morning and he was famous. Sure he is a racist piece of poo poo, but everyone has a right to use the Internet anonymously IMO.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what the gently caress are you doing cnn

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

So begins the great meme war...

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Punching Nazis is one thing, but identifying them publicly is crossing a line.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Is there anything in Mike Flynn's past that indicates he has a very pro Russia viewpoint? Like everyone knows about the RT dinner with Putin from a few years ago. But before that did he make any speeches or have interactions with Russians that would point to him being basically a shill for Putin? Is he known to be very far right? Those types seem to be down with Russia these days.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pembroke Fuse posted:

I think my broader point is that no matter how terrible the US is, there are always states waiting in the wings to be worse. We're better off trying to revolt and/or reform than waiting for the tender mercies of some other more competently unscrupulous state.

Flippancy aside (and this may be a few hours late) I absolutely 100% agree. There aren't really any other, better potential hegemons waiting to step up. The only two with an interest are worse.

We can always dream of a functional proper UN. It actually works pretty well for what it is, but if nothing else (and there's a lot else) it's explicitly second fiddle to the world powers (plus Britain :v: ) on the permanent Security Council.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

Punching Nazis is one thing, but identifying them publicly is crossing a line.

My biggest problem with the whole thing is CNN doing the deed. Publicly shaming internet Nazis is A OK just not so sure I'm ok with a media conglomerate like CNN doing it. Mostly because it'll give Hannity a reason to harass his interns into doxxing liberals.

• Locked thread