Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

OxMan posted:

I feel like the PS4 has reached Steam status for me. My dashboard is full of 5 dollar games I've played for like 20 minutes, and when I went to add Game of Thrones I apparently own and have the whole season installed.

I agree only because I caught myself telling a buddy online that I'd probably just pick up (insert title) when it goes on sale next time on the psn store.

Sony might seem like an odd choice of companies to "get" the Steam-Sale tactic but its working on me a little too well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

OxMan posted:

I feel like the PS4 has reached Steam status for me. My dashboard is full of 5 dollar games I've played for like 20 minutes, and when I went to add Game of Thrones I apparently own and have the whole season installed.

You reached Steam status and dragged the PS4 down with you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Retro42 posted:

I agree only because I caught myself telling a buddy online that I'd probably just pick up (insert title) when it goes on sale next time on the psn store.

Sony might seem like an odd choice of companies to "get" the Steam-Sale tactic but its working on me a little too well.

I filled my Pro hard drive after three months just on sale things. I don't think I have paid full price for any game I own.

edit: I keep buying things to put on a theoretical near-future hard drive

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 4, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Really from what I hear, the quality of the steam sales has dipped (not as many insane deals) while consoles have been getting better deals, I would say they're almost even now these days with steam.

Nintendo is the only one that's behind.

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It is literally impossible for PS4 to reach the levels of beneath-the-barrel garbage that infests the Steam store.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/life-of-black-tiger/cid=UP1747-CUSA07311_00-BLACKTIGER000001

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm sorry did you mean to post an incredibly rad looking game

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Ok but this one is definitely garbage

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/mr-massagy/cid=UP0307-CUSA06982_00-MRMASSAGY0000000

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Vita thread must be going crazy that this isn't available for them.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

I'm sorry did you mean to post an incredibly rad looking game

Spoiler: That's a bullshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what, the clearly photoshopped in parts didn't make it obvious?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why does Until Dawn keep automatically removing itself from my cart on the Playstation store website? I had to order it separately for whatever reason. Same with Tokyo Jungle.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ineffiable posted:

Really from what I hear, the quality of the steam sales has dipped (not as many insane deals) while consoles have been getting better deals, I would say they're almost even now these days with steam.

Nintendo is the only one that's behind.
NOE has better sales than European PSN.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

EU PSN is having a pretty huge Big In Japan sale right now, despite which it turns out I already have pretty much everything in it I'm interested in. :(

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the heads up

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

EU PSN is having a pretty huge Big In Japan sale right now, despite which it turns out I already have pretty much everything in it I'm interested in. :(
I'm tempted by RE7, FF15 and maybe Tales of Beresia from it. I usually buy physical though but usually when PSN has a sale like this, Smyths and other places will drop their prices, so I can sometimes grab what I want from there. :v:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Didn't expect to buy anything this sale. but I've already put 3 items in the basket. Dark souls 3 season pass. KOF XIV new fighters. PaRappa the rapper.

Page 6 so far.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

This is the best sale they've had in ages.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
This sale also went up: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/07/05/playstation-stores-totally-digital-promotion-is-live-save-on-indie-hits/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that was being funky earlier and kept removing Edith Finch from my basket when I tried to buy it :saddowns:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
All the Miku games and packs on sale bewilder and confuse me. Which are you supposed to buy :psyduck:

DoA is hilarious. They have the game on sale, as well as the pack that unlocks all the characters in the F2P version. And the "story unlock" DLC. That's pretty confusing, you know!
I might also pick up MvC 3 Ultimate. The new game seems more like an excuse to buy DLC and you never know when they decide to pull it from the store, AGAIN.

Does Wild Arms 3 hold up at all?

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 5, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Renoistic posted:

All the Miku games and packs on sale bewilder and confuse me. Which are you supposed to buy :psyduck:

DoA is hilarious. They have the game on sale, as well as the pack that unlocks all the characters in the F2P version. And the "story unlock" DLC. That's pretty confusing, you know!
I might also pick up MvC 3 Ultimate. The new game seems more like an excuse to buy DLC and you never know when they decide to pull it from the store, AGAIN.

Does Wild Arms 3 hold up at all?

I lost it when I saw season pass 3 for DOA5LR

Wild Arms 3 is pretty difficult but imo still is loads of fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Renoistic posted:

This is the main pack that gives you like 100+ songs

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/hatsune-miku-project-diva-future-tone-bundle/cid=EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39BUNDLE00

The season pass gives you all the Encore stuff too.
Because of the weird way it was released you also need to download the 'free' main game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sakurazuka posted:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/hatsune-miku-project-diva-future-tone-bundle/cid=EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39BUNDLE00

Because of the weird way it was released you also need to download the 'free' main game.

Thanks! What's the Encore stuff?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

More songs and accessories, though it seems to be mostly the latter.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sefal posted:

I lost it when I saw season pass 3 for DOA5LR

Wild Arms 3 is pretty difficult but imo still is loads of fun.

I'm seeing season pass **5** for DoA

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm seeing season pass **5** for DoA

It's a fun game but those packs have always been insane. They don't hold a candle to train simulators, though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

P4 DAN is on sale for a price which is very tempting.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sakurazuka posted:

This confusion is bumming me out. I love music games, but I've never followed Hatsune Miku, so I really have no idea which of the two big song packs would be worth buying. Whichever one has more OSTER Project songs, I guess.

Then again, I probably shouldn't dive in at all, since my brain can only handle vocaloid for like 10 minutes before poo poo starts to melt.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

once again they put up the arland ateliers, that i already have and the new ones i don't want, but not the dusk series i actually want. this is a conspiracy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah KT is being an arse this sale, no Nioh, no Berserk :mad:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

If I make a Spanish or Portuguese PSN account, I'll still be able to play any games I buy in English, right?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yes, the PS Store shows what languages are supported (both audio and subs) in all games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Yes, the PS Store shows what languages are supported (both audio and subs) in all games.

I think they only do this on "PAL territories" PSN store pages.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should buy all the Future Tone packs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Any chance this comes to NA? I wanna buy FFXV finally

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The £ is so bad right now I'd check if it wouldn't be worth making a UK account because it'd be cheaper.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But then the characters will all have British accents

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

Any chance this comes to NA? I wanna buy FFXV finally

You should make an EU or UK PSN account. Having multiple accounts on a PS3 or PS4 is insanely easy to do and you can still get trophies and play the games with your NA account. I don't want to take a chance and miss out on a $6 Yakuza 4 and $7 KoF XIII

e: also yes, we're in bizarro world and the UK gets cheaper games than continental Europe now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

In Training posted:

But then the characters will all have British accents
Didn't hurt Xenoblade Chronicles.