Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

for guys who love bitching about writing nobody in this thread understands fiction

what xander is gathering his troops for is supposed to ambiguous. it's supposed to make the player think 'is he coming to help me or hurt me.' every line xander has after evil coughing dad is super ambiguous. 'we must do all we can to protect nohr,' from corrin or from evil dad. heck, the 'we must protect father' line is ambiguous since if garon is being controlled by something then betraying him at this point could be construed as 'protecting' garon since it'd be an attempt to free him from whatever's controlling him.

the scene literally ends with leo asking what hes planning to do and then fading to black.

the entire scene is incredibly terribly written but c'mon.

If this weren't the third path that features gaining party members from both kingdoms, that might work but I just get the impression he's saying 'hey Leo, let's get all the soldiers loyal to us and not dad and head on over to that endless cliff Corrine was talking about. I think she might be onto something after all.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

CptWedgie posted:

Of course, there's something else you guys seem to be overlooking: How the HELL did Elise find Corrine so fast?! Conquest had the excuse of her following you, likely mere hours later at most, and in Birthright you ran into her by sheer coincidence... but here she just teleported halfway across the world with no real explanation. (Yes, I know, this happens a lot, so you guys might be desensitized by now, but still.)

Clearly she stole Leos teleportation scroll.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

While obvious that Xander will join Corrin on the recruit everyone path eventually, at this point I would asume he does intend to ambush Corrin - and will be talked out of it or joins after his ambush fails.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Endorph posted:

for guys who love bitching about writing nobody in this thread understands fiction

what xander is gathering his troops for is supposed to ambiguous. it's supposed to make the player think 'is he coming to help me or hurt me.' every line xander has after evil coughing dad is super ambiguous. 'we must do all we can to protect nohr,' from corrin or from evil dad. heck, the 'we must protect father' line is ambiguous since if garon is being controlled by something then betraying him at this point could be construed as 'protecting' garon since it'd be an attempt to free him from whatever's controlling him.

the scene literally ends with leo asking what hes planning to do and then fading to black.

We've seen two routes where Xander actually was that loving stupid.
In Birthright, after killing his sister he took the coward's way out, doubly so because he didn't even have the guts to off himself instead of delegating to Corrin, explicitly ignoring Elise's last request.
In Conquest, any possible hint that murderdad wasn't on the up and up was met with "la la la not listening I'm not listening" and/or "my sword would be very interested in continuing this conversation".
I simply do not trust the writers not to go three for three for the sake of cheap conflict.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Things only get more exciting when more people are involved!
Hey! Maybe that's how I can help. I'll try to find us some more friends. There must be some people around that I can convince to join us....

Not exactly subtle, but Elise is the recruiter this time for the mission.

I guess I'll just have to lay low until the fighting passes...
Thanks for letting me know. This is all I can offer—I hope it helps

Quick visit to the northeast house gives a Wane Festal.

So what exactly is the bite left in this mission compared to Conquest? That's a good question, because there's very different circumstances going here.

I have way more characters to use, and I don't have to defend anything.

The enemies, though promoted in some cases, are weaker than Conquest's constant use of skills that debuff by 6 levels.

There's no flying enemies period, so the enemy patterns are more predictable.

And as this old man gives me a Physic, there's not even a threat of Outlaws running in and stealing from the houses.

So it's just a long, standard rout mission with no stakes.

Unit Update

Beruka 12-HP/STR/SKL

Hana 14-STR/SKL/SPD

Corrine 16-RES

Keaton 16-HP/DEF

drat, my Corrine sucks. She has 13 speed at level 16, which is by far the slowest of the three routes. And it's not like she's pulling in the 20's for any other stat to make up for it.

Clearing the clog of horses pave the way for two objectives: Recruit two characters with Elise and then defeat Silas.

Also kill everyone else, of course.

Unit Update

Saizo 15-HP/STR/MAG/SKL/LCK/DEF

Keaton 17-HP/SPD/LCK/DEF

Subaki 17-HP/SKL/SPD/DEF

Hayato 16-HP/MAG/SKL/LCK/DEF/RES

Saizo really loves that magic, huh. I might actually have to give him a Flame Shuriken at this rate.

I'll keep everyone safe and inside. Take this with you. I can't thank you enough for warning us.

She gives us a Levin Sword which is...not so great this time, as Corrine has like five magic.

Thanks for letting me know—I was just about to go out walk my cat. You've probably saved my life. I'm sorry that this is all I can offer you.

And the last house gives a Master Seal. Free 2k is free 2k.

Reinforcements start showing up, though they show up on the side and in the top corners which are far away from any ambush attempt.

So Corrine's team will tackle the left side of the map while team Elise will handle the right. Those two Generals guarding Silas won't move, so the situation isn't as dire as it seems.

The first victim to Elise's charms is Benny.

You shouldn't be here, young one. It's going to get dangerous...
I'm not young, just short for my age! And my name is Elise! I'm actually a princess, but I can pull my weight in a fight! Kinda...
A princess? Wait... As in Princess Elise?
Ah! My apologies! I'm Benny, one of the border guards. I didn't recognize you...
Aw, that's all right! I'm not very princess-like, anyway.
Say, do you want to join my army? I'm looking to add a few more friends. You look big and strong, but I can tell you're a gentle giant.
Gentle? You don't think I'm scary?
Scary? Why would I think that? You remind me of a cute, cuddly teddy bear!
...Heh. Cute, huh? That's a first.
All right, I'll join your army. It could be interesting guarding a princess...

Benny is the exact same as in Conquest, except he has an Iron Lance instead of Steel. Also, he looks much better when he's not competing with Effie.

Unit Update

Saizo 16-HP/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF

Corrine 17-HP/STR/SKL/SPD

Beruka 13-STR/SKL/SPD/DEF/RES
14-HP/STR/MAG/LCK

Hayato 17-SPD

Hayato, how are you missing magic so much.

Beruka, why do you keep gaining magic? :psyduck: That's two in the last four levels.

Elise got ferried over by Reina to the other side of the map to talk to Charlotte now. That was a bit annoying.

I wish I could wear my hair like that...
What? Bug off, lady...
Don't be like that! I'm Elise! What's your name?
What a pain... Listen, I'm Charlotte, and I'm busy being on guard duty. I don't have time to get into a silly conversation with you right now. I barely get paid enough to do this job—I don't make enough to deal with you, too.
Um...do you not like your army or something?

Plus, it'd make me really happy to have a beautiful lady like you around... And I'm sure being a royal guard pays a lot more than a border guard!
Huh? A royal guard? What are you talking about? Hold on a second... You said your name was Elise... As in... Princess Elise?!
Yep! That's me!

I never would have acted that way, had I known. Won't you please forgive me?
Wait, what? You seem like a totally different person now...
I don't know what you mean, milady! Ah! You were saying you want to be friends? Of course I'll be your friend. I'm not very strong...but I always do my best!

Charlotte is exactly the same, weapon and all. I would complain that she should be level 15 like Benny, but I'm still suffering from Hana's strength nerf.

Not exactly anything to write home about. That's some bad luck Silas to have 12 speed by 18.

Corrine vs. Silas

Corrine... You've decided to face me directly. Now I'll be forced to kill you...
Why do you look so sad? Isn't killing me your mission?
When I became a castle knight, I did it hoping to see you again one day.
And yet when we finally meet, it's on the battlefield, opposite one another.
Prepare yourself, Corrine. Though we're best friends, I must obey. Maybe it is better for you to go to you grave never remembering me...

Silas drops a Silver Sword, which goes directly to the garbage.

And just in case you were wondering, the Dragon Vein still exists to make the river disappear.

The rest is just boring, safe rout stuff which isn't much commentary for a map I've already done and nothing else going on.

Final unit update

Orochi 13-MAG/SPD/LCK/RES
14-SKL/RES

Keaton 18-STR/SPD/DEF

Saizo 17-MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/RES

Reina 5-STR/SKL/RES

Benny 16-HP/LCK/DEF/RES

Hinata 15-LCK/DEF

Hinata is basically living on his bases at this point. Good bases, ugh levels.

Saizo gained magic again. Why???

Stats update for usable characters

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is actually true, as you'll find out.

Why? You clearly have more skill than you're actually using. Is it because of what you said before? That you're my best friend?
You said King Garon ordered you to kill me, right?
Yes, but...sometimes there are things more important than a king's orders.
Like what?

We used to play together. You always said how badly you wanted to see the world... So one day I made us a picnic and snuck you out for a few hours to explore. I even packed your favorite meal: tangy coleslaw!

So here's the thing. Silas is basically summarizing their support conversation. Which is...weird on many levels, because you're just getting a pure repeat when actually doing their support on this run. Also, why do this now?

I knew taking you beyond the walls was forbidden, but... I also knew how much it would mean to you. The guards tried to execute me when we returned, but you wouldn't let them do it.
Wait! I remember now! When I was little, I had a playmate named Silas. Then...it was you who showed me the outside world?
Yes. You were my dearest friend. Even if we must be enemies now, I wanted more than anything for you to remember.
I knew there was no way I could bring myself to kill you.

I need to show off the Silas/Camilla support because it shows their dedication to Corrine that ends...weirdly.

I only regret that I was never able to get back all that time we lost.
You still can.
What? What are you saying?
Silas, will you join my group? I believe that we can save both Hoshido and Nohr.

You'd figure people like Silas or Camilla that assume to know everything about Corrine would know she would never kill them. Caught up in the moment, I guess.

My life is yours to do with as you see fit...my friend.
Thank you, Silas.
Now, we have to get moving, or we'll miss the ferry.
Where are we going?
We're heading to Notre Sagesse! I need to speak with the Rainbow Sage.

And that's it. That big battle might as well not happened and was just filler.

Ah! Azura! I finally found you!
Hmm? Are you Elise?
Yup! And I wanted to ask you... I was meeting people during the battle... And some of them told me that you used to be a Nohrian princess too! That would make you my big sister, right?
I...suppose it would, yes.
Wow! I didn’t know I had another big sister! I wish somebody had told me earlier! I'm glad to mee you, Azura!
It's nice to meet you too.

I'm really glad I came to join Corrine's army! I got to meet you... And make a lot of new friends...
Friends?

Everyone is gathering over there. Would you like to join us?
Oh, Sakura! Thanks for letting us know! I'll go with you now!

If charisma was a stat, Elise would rival Corrine's in pure gameplay.

A-all right! Thank you!

*Sakura and Elise leaves*

I wonder if everyone else in Hoshido and Nohr will be like that if we restore peace...
Azura! Hurry up!
Let's go, Azura.
I'm coming!

Units Joined

->

By far the most drastic change. Silas was actually holding back, as his stats are in that rare moment where it's higher than it was as a boss.

He's slow as hell, but everything else is really strong and he's almost ready for full promotion. He even comes with a Free Javelin, and B in both lances and swords.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
How ironic that Silas has a better understanding of knightly honor than Xander despite betraying Nohr at every opportunity.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Silas is one of the best characters in Revelation. Those bases - especially that HP value - make him a dependable unit that can take a lot of punishment. For all the characters that got the short end of the joining and bases sticks, Silas came out way ahead.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How about, "I love you, schmoopie!" And "You're sooooooooooo sweet!"

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

EponymousMrYar posted:

How ironic that Silas has a better understanding of knightly honor than Xander despite betraying Nohr at every opportunity.

What do you mean "despite?" He betrays Nohr every time specifically BECAUSE he actually has a shred of honor, knightly or otherwise!

Tae posted:

...not entirely sure what to make of this. Camilla's... well, smothering is probably the most charitable description that comes to mind.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tae posted:

I just checked, and you haven't done Silas's child's paralogue. Pair these two up - they already have said that they have feelings for each other.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013
Wow, Silas really puts himself out there at the end. Even though they're just describing how they used to feel, you never see that sort of thing happen before the final conversation for obvious reasons.

BlazeEmblem posted:

I just checked, and you haven't done Silas's child's paralogue. Pair these two up - they already have said that they have feelings for each other.

The game's definitely nudging the player towards it but that's all the more reason not to. :smug:

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Woah that drama came outta nowhere. I kinda like it though, I appreciate supports that take hard left turns more than I do ones that go nowhere for 3 levels in a row.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I like pairing the royals off to each other. Camilla/Takumi is...well, it's amusing.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Im torn between the bittersweet ending of leaving them a rank, or if i should hope the hilarity of having her marry corrin afterwards offsets the likely creepiness of camilla and corrin.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

theshim posted:

I like pairing the royals off to each other. Camilla/Takumi is...well, it's amusing.
To be fair, Takumi's supports with the Nohrian sisters boil down to "Takumi tries to act cool in the face of two people casually dunking on him/making him flustered."

Kiragi does benefit nicely from Camilla as a mother, however.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw. Here I thought they might do something interesting by having us kill one of the guys who stuck with us on both routes.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Glazius posted:

Aw. Here I thought they might do something interesting by having us kill one of the guys who stuck with us on both routes.

Oh come now, if you kill off characters randomly you'll dillute the emotional impact of Lilith's sacrifice

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I am seriously considering skipping like 2/3rds of the next update because it's just Birthright Rainbow Sage. Do you really need me to explain ANOTHER exact same rainbow sage mission....?

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013
Yes.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

I am seriously considering skipping like 2/3rds of the next update because it's just Birthright Rainbow Sage. Do you really need me to explain ANOTHER exact same rainbow sage mission....?

why would you deny us the full revelations experience

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I'd say skip it, sans one particular bit of bullshit regarding Yet more character level imbalances, the second worst one in the game

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Condense levels if it's just repeat material. Move on to the new poo poo.

Double update DOUBLE UPDATE

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tae posted:

What are you talking about, this map is completely different from Birthright :j:! Birthright's map has a gimmick.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

perhaps this will give you a leg up with getting through purgatory

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

GODDAMNIT

Like, why even bother with this? You changed Izumo for better or worse. You can change here, too!

Why don't we actually fight in Notre Sagresse??

Do you have business here?
We've heard that a man known as the Rainbow Sage lives here. We have need of him—could you please tell us where we might find him?
Hmm... That weapon you're holding... It's the Yato, isn't it?
Hm? Oh! Yes, it is. I'm surprised you recognized it.
Why do you wish to meet the Sage? Do you seek power?
No, we want to ask him a question.

On top of Mount Sagesse is the Sevenfold Sanctuary. The Sages is said to reside on the highest floor of that place. The mountain itself is quite high, so most people don't even reach the sanctuary. And...that's all I know, really.

The "Path" is still just a simple man-made road going up. It's like saying the Grand Canyon tour is a harrowing feat of peak humanity.

Thank you for your help. If we learn more about the Sage as we go, we'll be sure to share what we learn.
Try your best not to die on the way up!

Don't you live like next to the Eternal Stairway....

Are you doing OK? Hey, everyone! If you feel tired or faint, make sure to speak up! We can always rest.
What about you, Corrine? Your face looks a bit flushed...
If you need me to, I can carry you on my back like when you were small!
Ah... I'll be fine. Thanks.

Ouf! Are...are you all right, Elise?
Nice catch, Sakura. Thank you! Falling all the way back down this mountain would have hurt a ton!
I don't think you would have fallen all the way back down...

How, Elise. Did the writers look at something completely different when writing this?

It must be... There can't possibly be two of these up here. We must be near the summit.
Hmm... And the Sage is waiting at the very top...
Yes, which means our real trial will start soon. Ryoma said that the Sage will only meet with the strongest people... I don't think this will be an easy task.
Yeah... We'd best be ready for anything.

Literally just the Rainbow Sage map. AGAIN.

Except there's no gimmick. None. No "One side has high defense, one has low resistance." Each room is just a random platter of enemies. You got level 2 Generals with level 14 Diviners because why not.

It's literally just a boring Seize mission with no incentive or even tricks besides slowly going through each room. THANKS, REVELATION

Bench four characters: http://www.strawpoll.me/13377898

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...wow. I'm kind of impressed at how bad that is.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
A few days ago, I took an hour+ long hike up a rocky mountain pathside, and then back again carrying a backpack. By the Rainbow Sage's logic, I am now strong enough to wield a Legendary Sword.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Well, maybe he's right. Have you tried wielding a legendary sword?

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Endorph posted:

well, you have to remember, the team handling the translation in treehouse were all either functionally retarded. or didn't question the decisions of a functionally retarded person. Because dear lord, even by bad, cliche writing standards, Revelations is horrid garbage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

having played the jp version i can tell you that revelations is also bad in japanese

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Voting will end in an hour.

Guess I better stock up on healing items...

edit: Jakob/Kaden/Reina/Beruka are out.

Tae fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 8, 2017

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
gently caress Chapter 14 for making me drag Elise to both sides of the goddamn map to recruit Charlotte and Benny.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

gently caress Chapter 14 for making me drag Elise to both sides of the goddamn map to recruit Charlotte and Benny.

I completely forgot about that in my most recent play through and I accidentally killed them both.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cdyoung posted:

well, you have to remember, the team handling the translation in treehouse were all either functionally retarded. or didn't question the decisions of a functionally retarded person. Because dear lord, even by bad, cliche writing standards, Revelations is horrid garbage.
I'd argue that Treehouse was dealt a bad hand, and the localization mostly served to highlight just how badly handled the original script for Fates was. Plus, they had to get the script done in under a year after Fates' Japanese release, further compounding the issue. And since someone's going to ask "But why didn't 8-4 do the localization?", they were backed up with other work and the earliest 8-4 would have been able to get Fates out would have roughly been November or December of 2016, IIRC. And given how poorly managed Fates has been, from the "bordering on purposefully doing a loving awful job to earn a quick paycheck" quality control to the absolute lack of advertising for Western audiences, I doubt even 8-4 would have been able to salvage anything more than Treehouse did.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I'd argue that Treehouse was dealt a bad hand, and the localization mostly served to highlight just how badly handled the original script for Fates was. Plus, they had to get the script done in under a year after Fates' Japanese release, further compounding the issue. And since someone's going to ask "But why didn't 8-4 do the localization?", they were backed up with other work and the earliest 8-4 would have been able to get Fates out would have roughly been November or December of 2016, IIRC. And given how poorly managed Fates has been, from the "bordering on purposefully doing a loving awful job to earn a quick paycheck" quality control to the absolute lack of advertising for Western audiences, I doubt even 8-4 would have been able to salvage anything more than Treehouse did.

Looking at the timeline, there was probably overlap between the SoV and Fates localization on top of that. A game with that much VA is something of a nightmare to manage to begin with, especially if you're doing a bunch of other projects at the same time. Not well suited to dealing with Fates as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is probably one of the weirdest line-ups yet. Also no healer because no one likes Jakob. Too overpowered?

However, if you wish to meet the Rainbow Sage, you must pass the trials ahead. Only then can you open the door to the top floor.

Thanks, weird illusion man.

After the first turn, someone shows up.

That Rainbow Sage definitely didn't make this easy...
I have to keep going, though. I can't give up now. I need to make it. I know he can give me the strength to rebuild Kohga. I'll do whatever it takes to earn that strength—killing, stealing... It's not like I haven't had to do such things already...

Yep, it's Shura. He's exactly like his Birthright version, except he has a Steel Bow instead of a Killer Bow or Spy's Yumi. And a dinky Heal staff instead of Mend. Oi.

So while Birthright had the gimmick of extreme stats and Conquest had the usual debuff/Hex rod shenanigans, Revelation is basically mixing magic and strength into a room.

Basically, it's only threatening if you're using D-listers like me with no healing or Azura. Which uh...hmm.

Luckily that still means I get to use Benny, and him with a Guard Naginata basically negates most damage. The plan is to have Benny get the enemies closer and then blitz them through the stairs.

*At the beginning of turn 3*

Hi....Nyx??

I just want to avoid the war, but there are soldiers everywhere...
I'll just wait patiently until no one is looking, and then escape. All I want is to live my life in solitude...

This is definitely not a place I would've guessed you'd appear.

Hey, what are you doing here? This place is dangerous. You'd better come with us and take refuge with our reserves.
I don't need your help. I'm capable of protecting myself.
But...
Listen, child, have you got cotton in your ears? I said I don't need your help.
Child?! I could very well be older than you!
I don't have time to fight about this. Just leave me alone. I just want to get away from civilization and be left alone...
Alone... You're by yourself? Do you not have family?
...I lost anything that would qualify as a family a long, long time ago. They all found me repulsive and forced me away.
So I'm alone. But I'm happy that way.

Are you insane? Only a fool would ask a total stranger to joint their party. You don't know my past...

You don't know Corrine.

True, but what's in your past is just that: in the past. Everyone has a secret or two they don't—or can't—talk about. There's no reason we can't be friends in the present.
Hmm... You're pretty convincing for such a young one. Determined, too.
That's because I have a big secret that's driving me. I can't tell anyone about it... But that doesn't mean I can't have friends who trust me regardless. And I know what it's like to be alone. I don't wish that feeling on anyone.
*sigh*
Well, I can't say I hate your offer. You might actually be able to understand me.
All right. I'll go with you. You can use my power as you see fit.

WHAT power?? Level nine??? And she doesn't even come with Fimbulvetr that she had in Conquest. In chapter 9!

*checks update number* Yeah, this is chapter 15....

Shura's room is one of the most random rooms I've seen. Ignoring him, it's a random Spear Fighter and Oni Savage waaay up there with a Diviner. Also a healer right down in the bottom left. Even if you the reverse of this room, it's poorly built.

Don't compare me to those freaks.
All right, sorry! But now that I've got a better look, you seem like a thief... Are you here to steal treasure from the sanctuary?
Pfft, like I care about treasure. I'm here for the Sage's strength.
I need to gain as much strength and power as he can give me. I need it to defeat that self-proclaimed daimyo of Mokushu. That scum destroyed my homeland—I have to defeat him and rebuild...
Mokushujin daimyo... Do you mean...
What? You know him? You aren't his friends, are you?

He's not the daimyo of anything anymore.
WHAT?!
Hmm... I suppose I owe you my thanks. You got my revenge for me.
My name is Shura. I'm a ninja from Kohga, a land that was devastated by Mokushu. Who are you?
I'm Corrine.
Wait—Corrine? I can't believe I'm gonna ask this...

How do you know that? Have we met before?
Haha, never underestimate a ninja's intelligence network. Rumors fly about you. I heard you ran off with a legendary sword and you're fighting Nohr and Hoshido.
Well, I wouldn't say that I ran off with it... You've got the meat of things, I guess.
Although I wouldn't say we're fighting bot kingdoms. We just aren't allied to either. We're working to defeat a greater threat to our world. IT's why we've come here. We want to meet the Sage and ask him how we can accomplish our mission.
Hmmm. All right. I think I understand your story. I guess I'll help you.
Really?! Thank you!
Yeah. You defeated that Mokushujin scum, after all. If I go with you, you may accomplish my other goals for me, too! And a bigger army is better for you, right?
Yes. We'd be glad to have you. Thank you, Shura!
From now on, I pledge my services to you. Let's help each other out, Lady Corrine.

At least I got a healer for this mission now.

The middle room immediately abandons the mixed-attack plan by having all physical. I guess Benny will be even less annoyed...

The room to the left is a long mage with a bunch of samurai and Ninjas. Again, ninjas are kinda not that great without Poison Strike.

This is probably by far the hardest room if only because I'm entering from reverse. There's a General right in front with a Mage in range.

Benny was slightly more hurt than usual.

Good vibes sent towards Hayato, who's been destroying Generals with crits from his Mjolnir.

What the hell is this final room. It's three Cavs (not even remotely promoted), two Generals, and an Omnyoji.

Jeez, Revelations. If you're not even trying in a recycled map, why even bother doing it.

This is the highest floor. Your trial is nearly finished. I am the guardian of this place. Defeat me, and you may proceed to the Sage.

You have proven yourself worthy of moving forward.

Finally an MVP I can agree with.

Unit levels update

+HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/RES

She gained magic...? Maybe she really wants that Levin Sword. And weirdly becoming an okay RES tank.

18-MAG/SPD/LCK
19-HP/STR/MAG/LCK

Hayato is gaining magic again which is good. Can't take a hit worth a drat, though.

10-STR/MAG/SPD
11-MAG/LCK/DEF/RES
12-STR/SPD/LCK
13-HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD

I have no idea what the hell happened. She literally gained more strength in 4 levels than Hana did. Her growth for that is 15% :psyduck:

+HP/STR/SPD/LCK

By miracles, Keaton will probably be the first to promote despite Corrine having a EXP-boosting skill. He's just a uniquely speedy yet tanky character that instant-kills most squishy units. Also instant-kills Cavaliers.

+HP/STR/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

He's never going to be the monster like Effie, but he's replacing more of Xander's tank-everything bait role. Which is way more useful here since enemies will attack regardless of if they can damage it. And no Poison Strike to weaken the strategy. Also...Guard Naginata.

+HP/STR/MAG/LCK

Why are my mages gaining strength???

Also I would say that Nyx is already a better mage than Orochi because her stats are super inflated by that Horse Spirit. And her skills are obviously way worse than Heartseeker, one of the best skills in the game.

+HP/SKL/DEF

Hinata is the Fates version of Ogma or Dieck. Living off those bases harder than anyone has.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Holy poo poo, are those the stats Shura joins with?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Those are his exact stats from his Birthright version.

When he joined in chapter 22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Update next page.

• Locked thread