Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
neuromods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The flame is a hologram or something. People have fake fireplaces today, no way they'd have a real one on a space station in the future.

e: No, wait, it's a 360 looking glass to the one actual fireplace on the station.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 5, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's a gas fire and it's got a fuel tank and an oxidizer tank. you wouldn't want your fireplace to go out just because you lost the local atmosphere.

... on a space station you probably don't want an open fire eating all your oxygen anyway, now that i think about it.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
fire is mimic

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I finally found Grant Lockwood. I had to go toggle my tracking on him at a security station. He was definitely my active guy, so I picked someone else, then went back to him.

Next time I went outside, I could see his location. Wooo!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Vib Rib posted:

Oh, awesome. I must have missed the relevant text on that.

You probably missed a lot of things because, if you're like me, you never found out that you can shoot powered down computers with the stun gun to turn them back on.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

please do not actually tase your irl computer during a power outage to try to turn it back on

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

turn off the TV posted:

You probably missed a lot of things because, if you're like me, you never found out that you can shoot powered down computers with the stun gun to turn them back on.

That doesn't work (or make much sense).

Unless I was hitting the wrong area, I tried it all over the station to no results.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

turn off the TV posted:

WHAT

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

I... wut?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Rinkles posted:

That doesn't work (or make much sense).

Unless I was hitting the wrong area, I tried it all over the station to no results.

From what I've read this only works in areas where the power is turned on but the computer is still off.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

From what I've read this only works in areas where the power is turned on but the computer is still off.

Do you have a specific location? Pretty sure I tried it in powered areas (like Deep Storage).

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Rinkles posted:

Do you have a specific location? Pretty sure I tried it in powered areas (like Deep Storage).

It works in Fabrication in Neuromod. My gun has fully upgraded damage, so maybe that's the difference?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

It works in Fabrication in Neuromod. My gun has fully upgraded damage, so maybe that's the difference?

That would be a silly requirement, though I did fully upgrade about half way through. I'll check it out.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Rinkles posted:

That would be a silly requirement, though I did fully upgrade about half way through. I'll check it out.

I'm not sure what else would determine when it does and doesn't work, then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwrbengOz6Q

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah it worked for me just now too. Very weird that it doesn't seem to work in most other places. Don't like that kind of inconsistency, maybe there's something I'm missing. It's possible I was too hasty when doing the testing earlier, since it takes a while to power up (though I did NOT test this workstation before).

On a sidenote, please for God's sake Arkane fix the PS4 version. Coming back to the game after a week I immediately got nauseous (I got accustomed to it before after the having the same initial reaction post patch).

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

turn off the TV posted:

Holy poo poo that's crazy.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
This game is amazing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Shooting a stun gun at a monitor to reactivate it strikes me as bordering on adventure game logic, rather than an example of sophisticated simulation building.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Rinkles posted:

Shooting a stun gun at a monitor to reactivate it strikes me as bordering on adventure game logic, rather than an example of sophisticated simulation building.
I completely agree, but I am excited to know there's new content I'm getting in my next playthrough. :toot:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Just realised - having a bit of a disappointing ending does make this a true sequel to system shock 2.

:wal: :stat:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The attention to detail in this game is amazing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rinkles posted:

Eh, considering that the stun gun looks like a Doctor Who weapon and zaps things with insane range it's not that far away from it imo.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The stun gun has a battery icon on its back, clearly you're transferring part of its battery to the computer. Duh.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is the stupidest, easily missable thing in the world. I LOVE IT

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

you put the electricity in the computer and it turn on

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Digirat posted:

you put the electricity in the computer and it turn on

In a game about problem solving, this is the dumbest most direct solution to a problem. The problem being: I DESIRE LORE EMAILS.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

"Oh I just needed to find the power kiosk and flip the switch. Oops too bad I already fried the computer by zapping the screen with a taser in the unlikely event that would miraculously kickstart it. What was I thinking."

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

power went out so i put battery in the computer. But not enough battery?? help

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm just mad I can't solve computer issues with a stun gun and I can't hack into my coworkers emails by putting my iPhone to my eye and playing a carnival game irl

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
You didn't jab enough needles into your eye first. Try that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Digirat posted:

power went out so i put battery in the computer. But not enough battery?? help

get more battery, then put it in computer.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

On the subject of characters not tracking through the security stations, I forgot that unless you progress certain quests far enough some of them will be labeled as being in "unknown" and as a result won't be able to be tracked at all.

E: I just found out that explosive canisters can black otherwise unmovable objects around. I can't believe that I hadn't thought to try that, other games have really ruined me.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 5, 2017

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
what the hell is the thing orange thing you can get with hacking 4 in the first place you go outside the station for?

how do you get the fuckers who are hiding in the server room?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Goddamned it. I've done the satellite sidequest and now every time I press L to listen to a newly picked up audio log, it plays one of the quest-related audio logs. Frustrating as hell.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Deceitful Penguin posted:

what the hell is the thing orange thing you can get with hacking 4 in the first place you go outside the station for?

Not sure, but all the orange items are for quests. Whatever it is, you'll probably run into someone looking for it eventually.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

double nine posted:

Goddamned it. I've done the satellite sidequest and now every time I press L to listen to a newly picked up audio log, it plays one of the quest-related audio logs. Frustrating as hell.
I had the same problem and my solution was this: While still in space after attaching the antenna, hit L to listen to the first "handshake", then once that's done hit L again to listen to the second. this will clear them off your "recent audiologs" list and stop L from playing them, and also not use up any charges, since you can't be hunted in space.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Not sure, but all the orange items are for quests. Whatever it is, you'll probably run into someone looking for it eventually.

One thing isn't as far as I can tell the superfruit.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

I had the same problem and my solution was this: While still in space after attaching the antenna, hit L to listen to the first "handshake", then once that's done hit L again to listen to the second. this will clear them off your "recent audiologs" list and stop L from playing them, and also not use up any charges, since you can't be hunted in space.

You're a lifesaver, man.

What's the point of the decontamination procedure in life support atmosphere control? Other than a fancy way of dousing flames and (I didn't check this) maybe screwing with the fire typhons?

Also does anyone know if and where there are Telepath enemies in talos exterior for scanning purposes?

double nine fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rinkles posted:

I think the reason it's inconsistent and doesn't really make sense is because it's actually a bug where you're setting a monitor that is already flagged "power off" to a state where it is marked "power off" by a timed stun gun effect that's failing to return it to the correct state when it expires.

double nine posted:

What's the point of the decontamination procedure in life support atmosphere control? Other than a fancy way of dousing flames and (I didn't check this) maybe screwing with the fire typhons?
Depending on your actions in the story there are two different groups of people that end up there which you can murder with it.