Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Dely Apple posted:

Uuuuugh I can't do it anymore, it's just like... you know. I'm sure it'll be even more broken by the time I pick it up again when TLJ is being infused into here.

At least stick around long enough for the new game mode coming out! What does your roster look like? Do you have a swgoh.gg profile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

In my shipments for guild credits i only have Jawa Engineer, Rey and Ima-Gun-Di, while the OP mentions a bunch of other heroes. Do these regularly cycle or do i need higher level to get more options?
Should i buy Jawa Engineer for now, even though he is a bit down on the list in the OP?

Also completed my first round of GW and got 1200 GW credits. Should i keep buying Biggs for these (first on the list) and keep returning to buy him every time the shipment refreshes or should i buy 3 different shards once per day?

When you get higher level, 2 more nodes with shards open up and thats where you'll see rex shards.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Ineptitude posted:

In my shipments for guild credits i only have Jawa Engineer, Rey and Ima-Gun-Di, while the OP mentions a bunch of other heroes. Do these regularly cycle or do i need higher level to get more options?
Should i buy Jawa Engineer for now, even though he is a bit down on the list in the OP?

Also completed my first round of GW and got 1200 GW credits. Should i keep buying Biggs for these (first on the list) and keep returning to buy him every time the shipment refreshes or should i buy 3 different shards once per day?

Get the Jawa Engineer while you can. He takes an eternity to level but by the time you want him, you'll be glad to have the head start. I always leave 400 coins aside for every refresh in case Gamorean Guard ever goes away and gives me another shot at JE.

RE: GW - All Biggs. All the time. You won't be sorry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Crumbletron needs a QGJ invite

449-716-569 is his ally code

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Inimicul posted:

Get the Jawa Engineer while you can.

I disagree with this. JE is useful for a very specific comp for HAAT and for CD mod challeneges, neither of which will be relevant for a long time.

By comparison, Rex and Maul are both a part of arena and ships meta, and Jyn is one of the best heroes for both raids (and potentially part of arena meta). I would highly recommend those three characters.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
The Fate series gacha game, Fate/Grand Order, came out recently. Lots of freebies right now, too.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I disagree with this. JE is useful for a very specific comp for HAAT and for CD mod challeneges, neither of which will be relevant for a long time.

By comparison, Rex and Maul are both a part of arena and ships meta, and Jyn is one of the best heroes for both raids (and potentially part of arena meta). I would highly recommend those three characters.

I agree with Mal. JE is cool and while he takes forever to farm, Rex and DM are way more important.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
He mentioned that those slots aren't showing up for him yet so until he gets higher level and unlocks them he may as well get what he can.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Inimicul posted:

He mentioned that those slots aren't showing up for him yet so until he gets higher level and unlocks them he may as well get what he can.

Well, not really, it's better to save up, as he will switch to maul/rex long before he gets engineeer. Also, Jyn is a lot better toon for raids and in general than Jawa Engineer, and she's on top row

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
What's the highest you need engineer for the mod challenge? I have Rex and Maul so my current plan is Jyn/Sabine and picking up engineer shards until 5*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

What's the highest you need engineer for the mod challenge? I have Rex and Maul so my current plan is Jyn/Sabine and picking up engineer shards until 5*

The Jawa challenge was pretty easy, actually. You might only need him to be 5* if you have a 7* Nebit with like G8ish and mods.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 5, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

The Jawa challenge was pretty easy, actually. You might not need him to be 5* if you have a 7* Nebit with like G8ish and mods.

5* JE is price of admission for the challenge.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Cool, I'll get him to 5 and call it a day

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Cidrick posted:

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Poopboy Bonerhorny

More like Star Wars: Galaxy of Sliders

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

5* JE is price of admission for the challenge.

I meant you only need him to be 5*.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Disappointment is not Far Far Away

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: If a Galaxy is like about a hundred, sure.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: Give me that last piece of gear you fucker!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: so this is how it felt to build the death star. Except when you're done, your laser doesn't even crack the crust.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Update is out with a Ewok rework. Hoping that C3PO comes out to finish the group up. Someone with more knowledge, I know the Ewok changes makes them better but are they good?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Supposedly they are releasing 2 new ewoks soon

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I'm prepared for the upcoming Ewokalapse.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

lol 100 heroes in the game and, what? 5 are going to be ewoks?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Kly posted:

lol 100 heroes in the game and, what? 5 are going to be ewoks?

Rumor is 6

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

The Ewok rework without the new toons is underwhelming to say the least.

Chirpa's zeta is laughably bad, 60% assist chance on a special...
Ewok Elder got a "bug fix" which is a huge nerf to him building turn meter for other allies.
Teebo got a "bug fix" nerf, applying TM reduction before damage, so his TM reduction will remove 100% TM, but they regain TM after the attack, same way Jyn TM reduction works.

Got some damage increases here and there, but i don't see Ewoks getting relevant as of yet. there will be a few videos in the next days on YT, because some people have them maxed and they will try them, but i'm not holding on to my pants

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mister Blueberry posted:

The Ewok rework without the new toons is underwhelming to say the least.

Chirpa's zeta is laughably bad, 60% assist chance on a special...
Ewok Elder got a "bug fix" which is a huge nerf to him building turn meter for other allies.
Teebo got a "bug fix" nerf, applying TM reduction before damage, so his TM reduction will remove 100% TM, but they regain TM after the attack, same way Jyn TM reduction works.

Got some damage increases here and there, but i don't see Ewoks getting relevant as of yet. there will be a few videos in the next days on YT, because some people have them maxed and they will try them, but i'm not holding on to my pants

I was wondering what the hell was going on with Teebo. I wasn't getting the resist text when I hit with him after the nerf but they had way too much TM after the attack.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Supposedly they are releasing 2 new ewoks soon

I'm sure Wicket is coming.

Did they retconn the Medicine Man into the Elder? They sure look alike:

https://www.ebay.com/i/252987657307?chn=ps&dispItem=1

I didn't even know about Teebo until this game came out. I figured he was a Clone Wars character until I looked him up.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 6, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Man, Teebo is easily one of the more memorable ewoks.

loving CASUAL is wot you r m8!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
It's definitely Wicket:

https://twitter.com/WarwickADavis/status/882875783890571266

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

There are 3 ewoks pictured who are not currently in the game.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

There are 3 ewoks pictured who are not currently in the game.

And one of them was played by the actor who tweeted.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

And one of them was played by the actor who tweeted.

We've been teased 2 ewoks up to this point, and it's the OTHER two, so now we've officially been teased 3 new ewoks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

How do I kill Zeta Savage? gently caress this guy. He doesn't even hit hard or anything, he just doesn't die. When I stick him with a heal-block debuff, he just gets it removed in his next turn, which is always like 2 turns away.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 6, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

tadashi posted:

How do I kill Zeta Savage? gently caress this guy. He doesn't even hit hard or anything, he just doesn't die. When I stick him with a heal-block debuff, he just gets it removed in his next turn, which is always like 2 turns away.

Darth Nihilus has a word in this matter.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

My favorite way is Zader + Baze. Alternatively Jyn or (lol) Teebo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

Boba Fett

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Vader's saber throw is also a great way to murder savage once he's stacked up with DOTs. I run a Zader team in arena with DN and between the two of them I never have a problem with him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/120157/the-road-ahead-for-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes

New update is out.

Get shards for Luke, you're going to need him (probably).

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Who is this Ewok named Logray? Could it be Rey's missing father? Logray, Log-rey. I think it's too similar to be a coincidence. Somebody update wookipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Wow 3 new Ewoks! that no one will probably use.