Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is there a way to disable the debuff for wearing the same stuff in Psychology? Last time I played I had a lot of trouble with that. We're a cult dammit not a fashion magazine :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

DurosKlav posted:

I do know Cobras eat their own corpses at least. While using the hospitality mod some dickhead left me 46 fertilized cobra eggs as a gift which then hatched inside my base. I thought that if I let them hatch I would have a ready made cobra army. But when they hatched they were neutral so I just ended up with 46 cobras trapped within my base. There were far too many of them and too few of my guys to comfortably try and hunt them all. So I just waited and let them starve to death. At which point the living would rush to the corpses and try to eat them. So I kind of ended up with a cobra battle royale in my base, and when it came down to the final 2 I just shot them.

"I met a guy on the rim two years ago. I asked "Please, can you send me your trade goods? Let me barter with you." When I opened the crate, what I saw was shocking to me. Since that encounter, my life has never known peace. The following day, snakes started manifesting in my base physically."

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Aaand now my top colonist had to kill her own mother. Just a few weeks after watching her raider scum sister die. :cripes: That's gonna be a though pill to swallow once her honeymoon happiness wears off. On the... bright side, at least she killed her mom herself, which means she won't harbor an eternal grudge against yet another colonist who was just doing their best to defend the dang base. Kinda odd how there's no special debuff for "killed my relative", though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Heffer posted:

Anybody have a preference of Basic Bridges vs Bridgello?

I use Rainbeau's Basic Bridges and it looks good, does everything I want it to do and seems reasonably balanced :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Danaru posted:

Is there a way to disable the debuff for wearing the same stuff in Psychology? Last time I played I had a lot of trouble with that. We're a cult dammit not a fashion magazine :mad:

Yes:

It's a huge mod malus too, -12 (cutting a human being into meat is only -6)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
in a game where mood is one of the primary currencies by which you live or die, it constantly amazes me that people forget what a reasonable malus is

this includes tynan, with his stacking rebuffed penalties and loving -5 for eating a meal without a table. oh dear i ate a meal from my lap i feel almost as bad as if i tore apart a human being

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Coolguye posted:

in a game where mood is one of the primary currencies by which you live or die, it constantly amazes me that people forget what a reasonable malus is

this includes tynan, with his stacking rebuffed penalties and loving -5 for eating a meal without a table. oh dear i ate a meal from my lap i feel almost as bad as if i tore apart a human being

And similarly, "oh god we're literally butchering and eating our fellow man, but god drat this human leather couch is comfortable, so that pretty much makes up for the existential horror."

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com
I've picked this game back up after about a year off, so i'm new to the caravan feature. I sent a 3 person caravan to a town about a day and a half away who wanted 600 pieces of corn in exchange for 1700 silver. I sent the caravan with 700 pieces, but it looks like was broken down into 75 piece chunks automatically when I was loading them up. Now when I try to complete the caravan quest it's telling me that I don't have enough corn. Is there some option that i'm missing to combine the 9 or stacks of 75 corn into one big rear end stack so I can complete the drat mission?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

And similarly, "oh god we're literally butchering and eating our fellow man, but god drat this human leather couch is comfortable, so that pretty much makes up for the existential horror."

On the other hand again, "You're missing a finger, time to get your rear end beat motherfucker!!". The things social fights start for are pretty nutty as well.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Flesh Forge posted:

It's a huge mod malus too, -12 (cutting a human being into meat is only -6)

What about cutting a human being into meat while surrounded by people who look exactly like you? :tinfoil:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Any way to get granite if I can't find it on the map? I want to make a crematorium but can't mine it for the life of me

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

w00tmonger posted:

Any way to get granite if I can't find it on the map? I want to make a crematorium but can't mine it for the life of me
click on the build icon and you can select whichever material you like.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, the incredibly detailed and complex social and mood interactions that seem like they're written by someone who has never even met a human before is a huge reason why I play this game.

New Butt Order fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 4, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i had a dream last night that turned left into nightmare territory very quickly as the scientist i was hanging out with/learning from died suddenly, and one of his students showed up to show me the part of his work he had shut down. it was controversial, he said, but he'd want me to see it. turns out it was basically a loving steak & shake that worked exclusively with human meat. there were menu entries for 'chicken', 'pork', 'steak', etc in various cuts and quantities. even the fries were made with human fat. the staff constantly munched as they walked around taking orders. everyone but me seemed to slowly warm up to the idea whereas i just wanted to puke the entire time and refused to eat.

i woke up shouting. i don't know where the cannibalism overtones could've come from other than this game. i think i need to drop pod into a couple of pirate dens and incinerate the whole place to make myself feel better. good, clean death.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Cannibalism got you down? How bout a nice game of horseshoes?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Coolguye posted:

i had a dream last night that turned left into nightmare territory very quickly as the scientist i was hanging out with/learning from died suddenly, and one of his students showed up to show me the part of his work he had shut down. it was controversial, he said, but he'd want me to see it. turns out it was basically a loving steak & shake that worked exclusively with human meat. there were menu entries for 'chicken', 'pork', 'steak', etc in various cuts and quantities. even the fries were made with human fat. the staff constantly munched as they walked around taking orders. everyone but me seemed to slowly warm up to the idea whereas i just wanted to puke the entire time and refused to eat.

i woke up shouting. i don't know where the cannibalism overtones could've come from other than this game. i think i need to drop pod into a couple of pirate dens and incinerate the whole place to make myself feel better. good, clean death.

hahahaha this is incredible :allears:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Coolguye posted:

-8 Had a nightmare

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cup Runneth Over posted:

-8 Had a nightmare

gently caress

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Nothing some pot or booze won't fix and now we're full circle in the parts where the game accidentally emulates real life human behaviours.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Keeshhound posted:

Nothing some pot or booze won't fix and now we're full circle in the parts where the game accidentally emulates real life human behaviours.

Accidentally? :getin:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Heffer posted:

Cannibalism got you down? How bout a nice game of horseshoes?

This here is a very fine post.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think I will set up a horseshoe thingie in my backward to see what the rage is all about.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Are there any tips for speeding up the end-game(ish) crafting of items? I have a colony of 15 or so and I'd like to outfit them all in the Project Fallout T-45 Power armor and helmet, but at close to 4000 labor per set, it's going to take my 2 dedicated crafters years to make it all. Besides keeping the room at ideal temp and giving them bionic arms, is there any way to speed up crafting?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

Are there any tips for speeding up the end-game(ish) crafting of items? I have a colony of 15 or so and I'd like to outfit them all in the Project Fallout T-45 Power armor and helmet, but at close to 4000 labor per set, it's going to take my 2 dedicated crafters years to make it all. Besides keeping the room at ideal temp and giving them bionic arms, is there any way to speed up crafting?

tool chests?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Efexeye posted:

tool chests?

Yeah Ive got those too. Just wondering if there are any weird tricks I'm not aware of.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Restrict them to the crafting room, put beds and a joy source in there and have meals brought in. They can leave when their jobs are done :colbert:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

there really aren't any weird tricks there. you can dose them on hard drugs to keep them on task but there's no getting around 4000 labor. it's a big job.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ALOHA FROM SUNNY PONAPE!!

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I don't know what other mods you have, but some high end bionic brains can increase manipulation which I think speeds things up.

Also there was one high end mod material when used to make a bed doubled is restfulness, resulting in only needing four hours of sleep. Vancidium maybe?

Heffer fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 5, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Wouldn't the simpler option be to get more crafters?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

While it's true you can't get 9 women to team up and produce a baby in a month, you can get 9 babies in 9 months :shrug:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

Wouldn't the simpler option be to get more crafters?

not really. quality is determined when the job is initiated, you just don't see it until the job is completed. so someone has to be good at crafting (pref 10+ considering the resources that go into the project) before the armor piece is even queued up. getting 10+ crafters is neither simple nor easy, it's always a complicated, opportunistic process.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i build the component bench to help beef up my crafters even though i know it isnt cost efective

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

making short bows at a crafting spot is, iirc, the best xp payoff per resource invested, and even that will require you to harvest and spend thousands upon thousands of wood to train a single pawn that has two flames. god have mercy on your soul if you try to train a single flame pawn, thinking that will be enough.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I meant specifically in the context of a two year project timeline.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Efexeye posted:

i build the component bench to help beef up my crafters even though i know it isnt cost efective

I do the same thing. Lots of :words: about the efficiency of crafting components miss the point in my opinion. Making components is training that makes something immediately useful to the colony. Kind of a bitch on the component cost to make the bench but whatever.

Just wish there was a more specific way of telling pawns that I want one specific person making components than to fiddle around with skill requirements on the labor bill. Really hate to not pay attention for a minute and see some low skill schlub start a sniper rifle or something.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

I do the same thing. Lots of :words: about the efficiency of crafting components miss the point in my opinion. Making components is training that makes something immediately useful to the colony. Kind of a bitch on the component cost to make the bench but whatever.

Just wish there was a more specific way of telling pawns that I want one specific person making components than to fiddle around with skill requirements on the labor bill. Really hate to not pay attention for a minute and see some low skill schlub start a sniper rifle or something.

you can set it in the bill that only people of a certain skill can work on it

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I just have a bill for making dusters out of whatever random leather I have and only for pawns with 0-10 crafting. Beyond that they can make me armor vests and devilstrand clothes. I restricted power armor and assault rifles to 12 skill though. What other common things give crafting XP? I don't think making medicine or drugs does, and im not sure if making mortar shells gives XP.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird food bathtub posted:

Get Quality Builder and Colony Manager. Can just set a couple defaults like only highest skilled crafters can do a task, done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Shortly after posting the question a trader came buy who was selling Advanced bionic arms and spines. Popped 3 of those into my skill 18 crafter and now hes spitting out armors like a mad man. Might even be a little too OP at this point.