Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

ZeroCount posted:

This is why it'd be really weird if Tyrannus was just a trick. Aunt May is clearly down to marry Mole Man and was only stopped because she couldn't move underground. It's not like he needs to trick her into doing it.

does anything else in this comic make sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
May is going to sell her marriage to Satan to save Peter's life, poor mole man.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's all a feint and Mole Man is going to Mole Marry the Roman emperor Tyrannus

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"PSYCH how do you like it you old crone? Going to go get my Lenny on with my husband. HE can breathe underground."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so before, they couldn't be married because may had cave lung. now, they can't be married because moley (all the aces, etc) has to return to his underground kingdom to keep tyrannus at bay or some poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so before, they couldn't be married because may had cave lung. now, they can't be married because moley (all the aces, etc) has to return to his underground kingdom to keep tyrannus at bay or some poo poo.

No, they're going to get married and live happily ever after :colbert:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

and so, in some weird way, peter wins

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

A priest is going to walk in from behind a column and declare that Moleman has Surface Lung, and can't survive in a warm, dry, dust-free environment.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

do you guys think mole man is a virgin?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Do Aunt May dolls made of wheatcakes and Moloid offal count?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Uncle Ben has been in the cold cold ground for decades; let your Aunt move on.

The plot twist is that while the part where he has been given eternal life by the Fountain of Youth is true, Tyrannus is not a Roman emperor but actually Uncle Ben the whole time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The MSJ posted:

The plot twist is that while the part where he has been given eternal life by the Fountain of Youth is true, Tyrannus is not a Roman emperor but actually Uncle Ben the whole time.

The perfect twist, an Uncle Ben that can never die!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Kwyndig posted:

The perfect twist, an Uncle Ben that can never die!

With great power comes no responsibility

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mover posted:

do you guys think mole man is a virgin?

Nah there's lots of moloids down there

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's neat that they still make the Sunday strip the old fashioned way.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Twist: the fountain of youth works too well!

Tyrannus: hey Melvyn, how come you're not the king of the Moloids?

Mole Man: oh noooooo!!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

howe_sam posted:

It's neat that they still make the Sunday strip the old fashioned way.
I'm surprised they have a letterer more than anything.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Uncle Ben has been in the cold cold ground for decades; let your Aunt move on.

So what you're saying is that Tyrannus is actually Uncle Ben.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

SilverSupernova posted:

So what you're saying is that Tyrannus is actually Uncle Ben.

I am so down for this poo poo!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So what I'm hearing from you guys is that Mole Man and Aunt May will get married but it will be void because Ben will be revealed to be alive, meaning her original marriage is still intact.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh right he's still wanted for crimes against the surface world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Oh yeah, those cops I beat up with a stick like 20 minutes ago...."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mole Man is clearly suffering surface lung. He's seeing wisdom in Spider-Man's plans.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Mole Man doesn't seem very recognizable, but I guess a giant subterranean monster attack in public would lead someone to draw the connection.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
who else gonna wear those goofy-rear end glasses

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's meant to be wearing slit visors but who knows what they're interpreting them to be now.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
It looks like he's wearing shutter shades.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I was totally expecting Spiderman to have some bullshit complaint despite his coming to accept their marriage last time. I love how he's just like "yeah okay great just do it away from the cops" :3:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Aunt May's getting on in her years, who knows when (if) she'll be getting any other action in the future?! Get while the getting's good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Spider-Man, 3 bystanders crushed to death by debris"

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Synthbuttrange posted:

12 die in apartment fire after fire escape collapse.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Y'know, what would be really useful is someone who could lift everyone, perhaps with the aid of some sort of woven bag or harness, and carry them to the roof where the police can't see them. Of course, such a person would need great physical strength, the ability to scale vertical walls unaided, and the tools and knowhow to quickly wrap people in a sufficiently strong material...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hey I bet those fire escapes imply an entry point into the building Spidey.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Glad to see Stan and Larry don't stick with the classic "THWIP" and use such deep cuts as "WHREEEEE" and "FWIPP" for Spidey's webshooters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Glad to see Stan and Larry don't stick with the classic "THWIP" and use such deep cuts as "WHREEEEE" and "FWIPP" for Spidey's webshooters.

that's actually sauron in the background. turns out he and tyrannus go way back

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Nope fellas, I don't see no 'Mole Man' here. Just a couple of mild mannered fire escapes..."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I am on tenterhooks

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

what the gently caress is spiderman doing

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

ZeroCount posted:

what the gently caress is spiderman doing
After bringing them down off the wall, he's going to flip the fire escape landings over and they will sit inside so the police think they are people who are already under arrest and in jail and the people they are looking for must have run off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Johnny Walker posted:

After bringing them down off the wall, he's going to flip the fire escape landings over and they will sit inside so the police think they are people who are already under arrest and in jail and the people they are looking for must have run off.

This makes 200% more sense than whatever will actually happen.

• Locked thread