Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Circle is still circle. Which means propped up by some overpowered models.
My personal opinion is that blood trackers suck now. Reeves are pretty good. I haven't heard of K2 seeing much play. Wyrmwood is the control caster of choice.

I think mk3 ravagers are great but people don't like them.

Yeah I don't have Wurmwood and with Circle I play painted so it's going to take a while to get my Reeves into action. Krueger still seems pretty solid to me although losing the 'no charge' part of his feat obviously stings.

I really, really want to try Ravagers but that's another medium-term goal because again, gotta paint 'em.

I realize that if I'm going to put my best possible pairing on the table I will need to get Wurmwood at some point but I'm trying not to go on a buying spree just at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah a fraction of why i dropped the faction is I never liked wyrmwood.

Do you have a second sentry? Probably priority 1. A second wyrd would be good too. And a second blackclad feels obligary to me.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah a fraction of why i dropped the faction is I never liked wyrmwood.

Do you have a second sentry? Probably priority 1. A second wyrd would be good too. And a second blackclad feels obligary to me.

I have the second sentry, it's top of my 'build/paint' queue, yeah. I kind of hate crutching on them but I get that Circle isn't awash in options these days. It's weird, they seemed to go from the boogeyman to 'this faction is in trouble' practically overnight, but I get that a lot of people being worried by Circle was actually being worried about pre-nerf Wurmwood.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The internal balance of the faction has always been trash. Mk3 was just musical chairs unfortunately. It used to be stalkers and trackers. Now it's pureblood and Reeves. The goats are much better but still unplayable, actually worse against most of what you will see in mk3.

It's also the scarfell and una nerf. Ghost fleet is now the bogeyman making demands of your pairing. Since Morv2 circle had a conga line of casters that ask really hard questions. But the really skewing aspects of the bench have been brought in line. I think the casters are mostly good now. But the nuts and bolts of the faction to add to your caster is really limited.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Wurmwood is literally the reason I bought into Circle. He felt like such a deep toolbox, and that is coming from a Cryx player. I stayed for K2, kaya2-3, and Baldur2 bones with 2 fulcrums an a wraith.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I left cryx for circle too with a similar idea. But what I didn't like about cryx turned out to be the shallow bench which circle didn't improve on for me.
Of course now I'm playing rhulic which is the shallowest bench, but they proportionally use a lot of it so it doesn't feel that bad. Also I apparently enjoy ranged units so of course I stumble into the two factions with the least guns first.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The trick is to always bring Mist Riders

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I left cryx for circle too with a similar idea. But what I didn't like about cryx turned out to be the shallow bench which circle didn't improve on for me.
Of course now I'm playing rhulic which is the shallowest bench, but they proportionally use a lot of it so it doesn't feel that bad. Also I apparently enjoy ranged units so of course I stumble into the two factions with the least guns first.

I left circle in Mk2 after being frustrated about not being able to play with wolds effectively. Bradigus got announced like 3 months later.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Madhammer lists. What do you all have?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I played trolls and skorne. I left skorne for Menoth in mk3.

Now I play skorne and Menoth...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

S.J. posted:

I left circle in Mk2 after being frustrated about not being able to play with wolds effectively. Bradigus got announced like 3 months later.

Lol. Not that he made wolds good, necessarily.
Did the fulcrum change help them enough?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol. Not that he made wolds good, necessarily.
Did the fulcrum change help them enough?

Uh, I dunno if you remember, but wolds were loving broke as poo poo after Bradigus came out.

The fulcrum change seems solid as hell to me, but I don't play circle anymore.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
All my stuff is on hold right now due to how frantic my personal life is right now, but here is the top of my work computer

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Madhammer lists. What do you all have?

Madhammer, sadly, is not great. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's good and really fun, but he doesn't have anything that feels unfair, and in Warmahordes that's pretty harsh. You pretty much have to take Reinholdt with him to have a feat, but that means that you don't get tier benefits. He's pretty cool with the new Battle Engine, but the Avalancher is still unfortunately better on Thor, which means that's 4 of your AoE's that don't actually get to set stuff on fire. Whenever I make a list with him, its just one for messing around. I find you never really get to live the fantasy his feat suggests.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

S.J. posted:

Uh, I dunno if you remember, but wolds were loving broke as poo poo after Bradigus came out.

The fulcrum change seems solid as hell to me, but I don't play circle anymore.

It was the theme list that was broken. Brad himself was just okay. The shifting errata really hurt his stock and he's been a nonstarter in mk3

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It was the theme list that was broken. Brad himself was just okay. The shifting errata really hurt his stock and he's been a nonstarter in mk3

Even after the theme nerf he was played constantly. The shifting errata brought him from auto-win to really good. He's still solid in Mk3 but defensive tech with Angry Santa is more reliable overall.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Done. :byodood:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Owns.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
lmbo

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
I would be tilted when playing against that model

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Great goddamn, that is a good looking model!

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007
Owns bones mate. Brilliant job!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

gently caress. That is god drat beautiful.

Wow.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Northkin CID is next! Yay trolls!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Monday even!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I love the work on this guy, especially the way that your vibrant colors are painted. Do you have any videos or painting tutorials out on the web?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Throw another compliment on the pile, but that troll is spectacular, dude.

Trying to decide on my next WMH painting project. I'm planning on the Gyrmkin box, so I might go with that, gives me a more limited focus which hopefully means I can get it done. I'm just not sold on the Piggybacks or the Neighslayers though, it might change in person, but I might see how Dread Rots/Hollow Men work for troops by themselves, with warbeasts providing the punch.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
even a man with a 20 inch dick would be jealous of that paint job

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

jubelio posted:

even a man with a 20 inch dick would be jealous of that paint job

It's really nice but I wouldn't say I'm jealous, just impressed.

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
Me and some buddies are getting into Warmahordes of late, but something I don't see a lot of discussion about is terrain? I already made a little hut, but from what I have read online you shouldn't go too ham on obstructions. What sort of terrain balance is good to have to scatter around a battlefield?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

5-7 pieces is a good balance to strike. You want to make sure that units with Pathfinder, Hunter, etc actually have the opportunity to make use of those abilities to some extent (forest, rough terrain). You also want to make sure gunlines are feasible but not overwhelming (forests, hills, walls). You want to make sure huge bases and stuff without pathfinder need to respect the board (walls, obstructions). Water is seen much less often, but if you think you'll have a Gator player, be kind.

Overall, I like when each player has any two of: forest, hill, or wall on their side of the board (only one wall, generally). Then the rest placed as you like.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

If you're building terrain i recommend the hills not being that tall. It becomes a problem trying to balance models on them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If you're building terrain i recommend the hills not being that tall. It becomes a problem trying to balance models on them.

Similarly, when in doubt, plateaus over hills any day of the week. Nobody likes playing a game of balance-the-model-on-the-contours.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Try to have one or two peices in the middle of the board. A empty middle field teaches bad habits.

Try to have terrain in zones. Not just barely touching so models can toe in an reap the benefits.

If anything get a third person to eyeball or set up. That way no one is subconsciously setting for advantage.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I'm not great at setting up boards but when I do I always try very hard to make board edge make a difference. If the setup is too mirrored then the decision to go first or pick side isn't very interesting.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Once it goes live look up the Cluster method of deployment in Steamroller 2017 documents. We find it to be a great way to get meaningful terrain on the board and affecting the game state.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Once it goes live look up the Cluster method of deployment in Steamroller 2017 documents. We find it to be a great way to get meaningful terrain on the board and affecting the game state.

Was gonna say, this is what I do for every game now. It works fantastically in my experience.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Northkin CID is up and there's plenty of good poo poo in there already. Borka 2 changes, Sea King went way down in points, lots of other rad stuff even aside from the new models.

e:

Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes: This quality of life addition will help some of the lower fury Warlocks field the Kriel Stone and keep it fueled throughout the game.

Awaken the Stone (★Action).

The Leader of the Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribe unit gains the Awaken the Stone (★Action) special rule:
This model gains d3 fury points.

!!!!

Also:

Theme Force changes:

In this CID cycle we are testing a new core rules change that will change the way Theme Forces work. In addition to the models that are allowed in a Theme Force, a player may take one Mercenary/Minion Solo, Unit and Battle Engine. The goal for this change is to allow for deeper list building inside of themes lists by allowing for more options while remaining thematic. The Mercenary/Minion model must be able to work for the faction taking it, it doesn't become a free-for-all. Additionally, please note that with the current wording that Mercenary and Minion theme forces will remain unchanged with this rule and will not be able to include these additional models types.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 10, 2017

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I have so many nerd bonerz right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

I have so many nerd bonerz right now.