Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/soulkhan/status/881873421264715777

And I just remembered this.

Why was that a talking point against Sanders? "He can't win states that were never going to go to blue in the first place"

"sure he gets african american support in pa, wi, mi, but have you looked at these south carolina numbers??"

e: this was a real Serious Person argument since those states could never go red

A Big Fuckin Hornet has issued a correction as of 22:13 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Secession is illegal, the US fought an entire war over it. I almost want the """"""blue states""""""" to try it, that poo poo would be hilarious.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

zen death robot posted:

Mississippi is a really crappy state tho

Tru but you can't write off the people stuck there and you really can't :qq: about what a conservative craphole it is while also encouraging anybody that could potentially help them to abandon the area.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Tru but you can't write off the people stuck there and you really can't :qq: about what a conservative craphole it is while also encouraging anybody that could potentially help them to abandon the area.

there's also the fact that no state is inherently conservative. yeah the South definitely has some inertia working against it but if the dems hadn't neglected it for decades they'd at least be able to compete

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agean90 posted:

there's also the fact that no state is inherently conservative. yeah the South definitely has some inertia working against it but if the dems hadn't neglected it for decades they'd at least be able to compete

It's the same stupid argument that came up when Ossoff ate poo poo. "It's actually a victory because he did well in a Republican district!" like loving hell do you not know how democracy works

They didn't call dibs on it or anything! It's only a Republican district because you didn't loving win it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Behead those who insult dril

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

It's the same stupid argument that came up when Ossoff ate poo poo. "It's actually a victory because he did well in a Republican district!" like loving hell do you not know how democracy works

They didn't call dibs on it or anything! It's only a Republican district because you didn't loving win it

You have to talk with people, not at them.

There's people in the Democrats that are likely willing and wanting to do that. There's people on the left that are definitely willing to that. The problem is these people are not in prominent positions of power. In fact when they speak up? They're silenced, smeared with accusations of racism., sexism, etc, and some corporate speak friendly robot is moved up a rung.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crane Fist posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

it's dumb b/c Ossoff performed significantly worse in the district than hillary in 2016. it wasn't a victory in any sense of the word at all. it was a humiliating defeat

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

normally i wouldn't call a dropoff of 2 percentage points "significant," but considering that a 2 point swing the other way would have been a victory....

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ossoff performed worse than hillary half a year after trump was elected. the dems have a worse brand than loving trump.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

let's talk like human beings and not like marketing drones: the democrats are less popular than trump, and polls have said as much for months

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

let's talk like human beings and not like marketing drones: the democrats are less popular than trump, and polls have said as much for months

Brands are loving important in America and don't you ever forget it. More people identify with the Republican brand than any of their ideology or policies.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

call to action posted:

Brands are loving important in America and don't you ever forget it. More people identify with the Republican brand than any of their ideology or policies.

I shop at Republican Topic Outlet Brand®

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/882702974874681345

Dear Leader ftw.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/882685978367983616

The bottom left one particularly

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

just put this on a card be done with it:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
"I mean, have you seen the other guys" should be the Dem party slogan, that's basically all they stand for.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

Maybe electing nonmarketing drones would be a good start??

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

When people are complaining your only message is "we're not them", that's not the cue to pitch it as a jokey campaign slogan.

super sweet best pal has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Jul 6, 2017

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/882720575680073729

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/jdforward/status/882813620694003712

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the forward should go back to its roots as a radical jewish labor newspaper

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/RaoulDukeLNO/status/882974213296058368

https://twitter.com/enjoytheday99/status/882930932877053952

White woke girl has a meltdown over this. Even told a black twitter user after he went "I don't care about this', that she 'cared more about black issues than him"

Also:

https://twitter.com/rodkessler/status/882919783024517120

I really suspect this is a dumbass fad by these types of people.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Okay so maybe she's just a real journalist and had a bad da-

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tunicate posted:

I love everything about this.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tunicate posted:

this woman owns

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Whats her loving deal

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/RaoulDukeLNO/status/882974213296058368

https://twitter.com/enjoytheday99/status/882930932877053952

White woke girl has a meltdown over this. Even told a black twitter user after he went "I don't care about this', that she 'cared more about black issues than him"

Also:

https://twitter.com/rodkessler/status/882919783024517120

I really suspect this is a dumbass fad by these types of people.

She hosed up but I think they should change it to a different letter

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

whomupclicklike posted:

She hosed up but I think they should change it to a different letter

why? why help odious groups define our culture?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

why? why help odious groups define our culture?

Baseball isn't culture
Edit: I felt like it wasn't clear that this post is ironic, so yeah

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
For what it's worth MLB did officially change to SO for strikeouts a while back; that's not gonna stop fans from still using K though

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

fast cars loose anus posted:

For what it's worth MLB did officially change to SO for strikeouts a while back; that's not gonna stop fans from still using K though

Idea, replace the "K" sign with ʞ

Boom "problem" solved.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It is extremely depressing how many liberals think that impeaching Trump would somehow be a victory. They'd be happy to lose PPACA, go to war with Russia, whatever, as long as the MAN WITH THE BAD HAIR wasn't the one making the call

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

call to action posted:

It is extremely depressing how many liberals think that impeaching Trump would somehow be a victory. They'd be happy to lose PPACA, go to war with Russia, whatever, as long as the MAN WITH THE BAD HAIR wasn't the one making the call

The Bush presidency was just as harmful as Trump's has been. Every republican president for decades has deeply damaged the world and the democrats haven't been much better.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

dont worry dems will be jumping all over themselves to blow trump if trump does something equivalent to the iraq war

just look how much they adored him when he bombed syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

an actual dog posted:

The Bush presidency was just as harmful as Trump's has been. Every republican president for decades has deeply damaged the world and the democrats haven't been much better.

Hmm, no, I'm pretty sure that starting the Iraq War for literally no reason is still worse than trying to institute a travel ban. The fact that people even have to say that "Bush was worse than Trump" is so ridiculous it's almost beyond the pale.

Maybe Trump will be worse than Bush. But at this point: bodycount.

comedyblissoption posted:

dont worry dems will be jumping all over themselves to blow trump if trump does something equivalent to the iraq war

just look how much they adored him when he bombed syria

Yeah I'm worried he's going to use NK as a way to look strong without realizing it's a no-win scenario

• Locked thread