Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MMAgCh posted:

Until today I did not even know I needed Cleaner Leoric. :aaa:
The toilet entomb is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Fun is subjective, though.

I think Karl, Jaina and Genji are very boring but rexxar and brightwing and probius are fun. I seem to be pretty weird according to all the stats.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I wish Vikings were less inpenterable but you're right that the cast is big enough to support really niche choices. I can already spend a whole night and not play the same person twice.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If your freedom party doesn't have at least 3 Murkys don't even invite me

https://www.facebook.com/BlizzHeroes/posts/643278292548345

Magna Kaser posted:

Fun is subjective, though.

I think Karl, Jaina and Genji are very boring but rexxar and brightwing and probius are fun. I seem to be pretty weird according to all the stats.

Pretty sure that's what Gustav is saying, and yeah point well made.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Stukov looks kinda neat. With him going into the game, do you think they'll make another pass at Morales to make her more versatile? The first look preview made him look very similar to Morales, except with some very good zone control options.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I'm struggling to find even a single similarity to Morales...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

exquisite tea posted:

I think Stukov looks kinda neat. With him going into the game, do you think they'll make another pass at Morales to make her more versatile? The first look preview made him look very similar to Morales, except with some very good zone control options.

They've said that Hammer, Morales, Leoric, Raynor, and Thrall have been on the board for talent reworks for months.

So far, we've only gotten Thrall.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Gustav posted:

I'm struggling to find even a single similarity to Morales...

Stukov heals

Morales heals

C'mon son it's not that hard to see

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Came back wasted from 4th of july barbecue. All I remember is picking stitches, hitting more hooks than I would ever hit sober, and laughing my rear end off when the mvp screen came up and I was on it. Hots is GOOD

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Spudd posted:

Stukov heals

Morales heals

C'mon son it's not that hard to see

both from the erf

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

both from the erf

They both have the letters O and S somewhere in their name, too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

GenericOverusedName posted:

both from the erf

Actually, they are both born long after the Terran Dominion has expanded off of Earth.

It's possible (and statistically likely) that neither of them were born or lived on Earth.

:spergin:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

HoTs LoGs Is LaW

Having an opinion, backing up the claim with data, and then providing anecdotal experience about why you think that is should in no way create such an enormous tier of poo poo posts like this.

If you have a counter-opinion provide it. Yelling "Pro play!" or "Stats lie!" isn't a counter-opinion.

BrianBoitano posted:

I think the problem here is that others disagree with you about when/how often she's the weakest healer. Your list is missing many heroes, and it turns out that having her on your team is better on average than 50% winrate so for people not in scrub league she's fine.

That's fair. I play more Support than anything else and I don't think the list is missing anyone. I play a lot of Tassadar and Tyrande but I wouldn't consider them healers. They both have the potential to restore life but not at a a capacity that matches any of the core healers.

In terms of ranking the healers I think their win% aligns with my personal opinion and experience very equally. I currently play a lot of Uther, Rehgar, Brightwing, Li Li, and Kharazim.

Uther is easily the best and has been for a long time now - he's like a support toolbox that has every tool. There's a really tight middle tier of healers that all fit better with and against some teams than others, and then there's Auriel who like I said earlier, I like with Cho'Gall and a few other characters and otherwise find her extremely limited. There's nothing wrong with being a really situational character, but I don't think there's anything particularly offensive about claiming she's the worst general healer when the strength of her ability to heal depends entirely on the other picks and how well they can convert Hope>Energy>Rays of Heaven. When you don't have heroes on your team that can convert well on that and you are playing Auriel, it's completely miserable how ineffective you feel.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm critiquing your tone

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I agree with Libertine, and Auriel needs not only to be complemented by her own team but needs a suitable enemy team, players at higher levels of play know that an Auriel can be shut down by picking either a dangerous front line that threatens her or her battery, or long range poke like chromie or nazeebo that starves her of hope. Or piling on the CC due to a lack of a cleanse or similar support ability. And thats why she has a poor win rate there. Whereas Uther on the other spectrum works well in pretty much any composition and doesn't really get countered by anything besides a long drawn out fight and with his talent rework even that can be negated a bit by picking specific talents.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

It would be pretty much impossible to determine this question "which healer would be weakest, if team composition was completely removed from the equation". It's also a really uninteresting question to examine, except for the purpose of trying to score points in this argument. In the actual game there are always 4 other heroes on your team, and who they are is not hidden information. I suppose you could argue she's the worst first-pick healer, but even that's a questionable statement, since anyone on your team who is interested in good healing will be able to draft around your pick.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Actually, they are both born long after the Terran Dominion has expanded off of Earth.

It's possible (and statistically likely) that neither of them were born or lived on Earth.

:spergin:

Why would you correct someone on lore if you don't actually know it?

Neither of them were originally Dominion. They are of the United Earth Directorate, who went at the beginning of Starcraft:BW to the Kropulu Sector to bring the Dominion in line.

Starcraft wikia confirms that yes, they were both born on Earth :colbert:

e: I'm makin' mistakes too :v:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 5, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

BrianBoitano posted:

Why would you correct someone on lore if you don't actually know it?

Neither of them were originally Dominion. They are the United Earth Directorate, who went at the beginning of Starcraft 1 to the Kropulu Sector to bring the Dominion in line.

Starcraft wikia confirms that yes, they were both born on Earth :colbert:

I didn't read up on Morales' backstory and just took a shot since not all Terran are born on Earth.

:negative:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well Gustav I guess you could say she's the worst solo qm healer, or maybe qm in general. I don't think that's a useful thing to argue either.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Looks like there is going to be some kind of pirate themed event or mini-event.

New PTR has files in it for a bunch of pirate costumes for different heroes, a bunch of pirate sprays and icons, and a new brawl screen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh man are they finally reworking Blackheart's Bay?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

new hero Blackheart

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fried Watermelon posted:

new hero Blackheart

TREASURE FOR EVERYONE!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh man are they finally reworking Blackheart's Bay?

Blackheart's isn't changed at all in the PTR files and that screen is labeled as a brawl screen, so I don't think so.

That doesn't mean that a rework isn't coming; just that from the PTR changes these don't look related to a rework.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I would unironically spend my blizztriangles on a Blackheart announcer so make it happen Blizzard, take all my fake money.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kai Tave posted:

I would unironically spend my blizztriangles on a Blackheart announcer so make it happen Blizzard, take all my fake money.

:same:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
and according to voice lines, Morales was once directly under Stukov's command! :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

We heard your complaints about Blackheart's Bay, so we're changing the underlying mechanics: Now when a player turns in enough coins, everybody on his or her team becomes Captain Blackheart, losing control of their normal abilities and gaining access to a single button that fires a cannonball, lasting for 5 minutes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

stop giving them ideas

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Okay so hear me out, Blackheart's Bay...as a payload map.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Honestly I'm waiting for the part where Blizzard realizes that certain concepts are workable beyond a single franchise and start doing Map Skins where the mechanics and pathing and poo poo are all exactly the same but they have a completely different aesthetic and pander to different settings. Garden of Terror can easily be a "Power up the Brutalisk with Essence" and so on.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Okay so hear me out, Blackheart's Bay...as a payload map.

I dunno, a map where you push around boats which then shoots structures as they pass might work.

Emphasis on might.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Blackheart's Bay but it's the brawl version announcers.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yeah the upcoming features or whatever it's called video showed a lot of piratey themed sprays and stuff, surprised nobody noticed then.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

No Wave posted:

The toilet entomb is killing me.

The ghost with the mop is what got me. Amazing.

Kai Tave posted:

Falstad is a poor man's substitute since they have similar voices (I think it's the same VA), but yeah, agreed.

A Blackheart's Brawl could be neat... hopefully something fast paced like the pool thing, maybe a treasure chest defense type thing or an all out fight for coins except you only get credit for collecting coins, not kills, so you could conceivably win even if the rest of your team dies but you were Genji/Tracer and just zipped around grabbing all the loving money. Could be fun.

Also calling it now, it will somehow relate to Talk Like a Pirate Day since that's in September or something.

Bogart posted:

and according to voice lines, Morales was once directly under Stukov's command! :v:

Oh, I bet she was under Stukov, alright.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 5, 2017

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Super edgy opinion: Blackheart isn't actually very cool, he's just a generic ghost pirate dude. I don't get why everyone is all gaga over him.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Gustav posted:

Super edgy opinion: Blackheart isn't actually very cool, he's just a generic ghost pirate dude. I don't get why everyone is all gaga over him.

He's one of the characters in the game whose VA gives him an entertaining personality. See all the discussion about how most of the announcers you can buy are actually pretty boring aside from a few exceptions like Gazlowe.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Gustav posted:

He's just having such a grand old ghost pirate time. :unsmith:

And really, any announcer with subtitles like <maniacal laughter> is OK in my book.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Five! Four! Three! eeeuuuuuh? ONE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Blizzard's true talent as a video game developer has always been finding voice actors that give their lovely underwritten characters a ton of life and personality.