Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

For the uninitiated, I Hate Fairyland is a series about a girl who gets pulled into a super saccharine world called Fairyland and she can't leave until she finishes a quest to do so. She's really bad at that and doesn't age and when the series starts has been there for years. She is, at that point, just murdering anyone to find her way out.

It's worth a read.

Going to check this out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

That Broker guy looks familiar. Is he someone I might have seen elsewhere, or is it just a general Sinestro-ish design?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Happy Canada Day. Don't read the spoiler until tomorrow Move to an actual country, not the wasteland that the UK forgot

Glass houses, dude.

:sad:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Doc Hawkins posted:

That Broker guy looks familiar. Is he someone I might have seen elsewhere, or is it just a general Sinestro-ish design?

He's the broker from the first GotG movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wasn't that guy a pawnbroker and not like... ah whatever.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
He's the dude Michael Rooker spouts baby noises at, and Sean Gunn says that he is "A very serious man."

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

And he was played by one of the doctors that reconstructed Leeloo Dallas Multipass in Fifth Element :flashfact:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
just wanted to add that I'm digging the fluff out of I Hate Fairyland

(no this isn't the normal art style they're like, in a video game)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's great because Young is just like "I want to do a thing" and then make it work. Like he did a whole samurai movie parody issue just because he felt like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

It's great because Young is just like "I want to do a thing" and then make it work. Like he did a whole samurai movie parody issue just because he felt like it.

He's such a weird dude in person. I got a free sketch from him but he didn't like my friend's hat so he wouldn't give him one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He's such a weird dude in person. I got a free sketch from him but he didn't like my friend's hat so he wouldn't give him one.

Was it a red baseball cap?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I don't read a whole lot of comics, mostly just lurk this thread, but what I found refreshing about it really was that episodic "eh, now I'm done" sort of aspect to every issue. He has a cool idea, runs with it. It's a fast fun read to catch up on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Was it a red baseball cap?

It was that goddamned knit hat from Firefly.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rhyno posted:

Justified

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ugh yeah absolutely jesus.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I like him so much more now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He seemed pretty normal to me when I saw him but that was years ago. He may have gone art crazy. I did meet Don Rosa and you should not try to talk about Duck Tales to Don Rosa. I heard him muttering under his breath when someone walked by and started singing the theme music.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

I Hate Fairyland is good and fun if you enjoy Skottie Young's art.

It looks to be selling well, too, so I imagine he'll be on it for awhile.

I Hate Image Comics is also worth a a gander.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Skottie Young owns

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Skottie Young owns

And my friend does not.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Push El Burrito posted:

He seemed pretty normal to me when I saw him but that was years ago. He may have gone art crazy. I did meet Don Rosa and you should not try to talk about Duck Tales to Don Rosa. I heard him muttering under his breath when someone walked by and started singing the theme music.

Don Rosa hates the gently caress out of Ducktales. Mostly because he felt like he and banks always tried to inject reality into their Duck stories and Duck Tales was basically 'a cartoon'

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Onmi posted:

Don Rosa hates the gently caress out of Ducktales. Mostly because he felt like he and banks always tried to inject reality into their Duck stories and Duck Tales was basically 'a cartoon'

He has a sign there telling you the differences because dude really doesn't want to talk about it. I did pick up the first volume of I Hate Fairyland (only 2 bucks on comixology) and holy poo poo you can tell Skottie is just having the best time drawing this insanity.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Alhazred posted:

I Hate Image Comics is also worth a a gander.

This was one of the highlights of free comic book day this year.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shovelmint posted:

This was one of the highlights of free comic book day this year.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah this whole thing is gold...her...dealing...with the Southern Bastards is pretty satisfying too.

(ditto: Stranger Things)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ugh it's not on Comixology yet :(

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Her meeting Spawn was pretty adorable though. He just wanted someone to hang out with.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
"BIG PUN"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's tang and the goonies but the memes of the 80's

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Goonie Tang is the name of my 80s Hip-Hop tribute band.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm reading Animal Man for the first time, and maybe it's cuz I'm still kind of high but it's just cracking me up. It's so over the top and 80s and has nice little bits of humor like this.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

:lol::lol: losing my poo poo rn

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Animal Man has literal monkey cheese in it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

big rear end lump of congealed primates

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

purple death ray posted:

big rear end lump of congealed primates

This is a freebie for next time there's a name change thread, I'll let yall have it

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
There's so many weird bits in Animal Man, like how one of the villains is diabetic or at least takes insulin but I don't think that ever comes up except in one panel?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Maltose posted:

There's so many weird bits in Animal Man, like how one of the villains is diabetic or at least takes insulin but I don't think that ever comes up except in one panel?

Maybe that's how some things should be treated. He's not a villain because he's diabetic, it's just something about him, like his hair color. (Unless he's bald; those people are monsters.)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
How come not a single goon has ever said to me "Hey man you should read the greatest comic of all time, it's called Animal Man"

I hear Morrison only does the first 20 or so issues and it's not as good anymore? Does it stop being...completely hilarious?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Meanwhile, in All-New Wolverine #22 (spoilered for people that are antsy about that kind of thing):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Oh my god. "You hear that? Sorry, of course you don't." Superdickery at it's finest.