Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
As an Arsenal fan I'm not overly excited about Lacazette given the caveats about his record etc but Athletico Madrid wanted him before their ban and they're a better team than we are so I don't think he can be written off as a garbage man just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I'm writing him off as a garbage man right now I'll have you know.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I hope clubs start receiving fines for trying to be funny with unveiling players

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Rooney shouldn't be starting for any Premier League team.

Agreed but you'd expect that and fighting for a place at the 2018 World Cup to be the goal for Mr Captain of the English Brave Lions National Team instead of demanding such ridiculous wages that he'll be sitting in the stands at United.

Vegetable posted:

Where does he play? Is he an out-and-out striker or a forward who can play across the line?

It's Arsenal so "the physio table".

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Bacon Terrorist posted:

As an Arsenal fan I'm not overly excited about Lacazette given the caveats about his record etc but Athletico Madrid wanted him before their ban and they're a better team than we are so I don't think he can be written off as a garbage man just yet.

You mean that he scored penalties in the French league? Big freaking deal. He's a proper striker and this is what Arsenal fans have been wanting for a long time.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Wenger will play him on the wing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
90 goals across the last 3 seasons is really good

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Jose posted:

90 goals across the last 3 seasons is really good

37 goals in 45 apperances last year phwaor

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

NNick posted:

Bafe Gomis got 20 in 32 in that league.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

sassassin posted:

Ligue 1 has abolished the offside rule, obviously.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Have you considered it's because Swansea are poo poo he wasn't very good in the premier league?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

:getin:

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
#lacanewsigning is a good nod to the old joke

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lacazette is insanely good

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

#lacanewsigning is a good nod to the old joke

Mocking the manager from the team's official media is never going to be unfunny.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

sassassin posted:

This might be controversial but scoring in 82% of games is better than 63%.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

oliwan posted:

good enough to get on the french subs bench

phwoar, what a guy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

oliwan posted:

So was Sanchez and Arsenal are ruining him pretty quickly

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NNick posted:

That's 27 in 45 once you take out the penalties, which he won't get at Arsenal

Also bringing him in and selling Giroud is utterly stupid, because it once again turns us into a side comprised entirely of short rear end lightweight weaklings, because Welbz is never fit.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 5, 2017

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

That's 27 in 45 once you take out the penalties, which he won't get at Arsenal

Also bringing him in and selling Giroud is utterly stupid, because it once again turns us into a side comprised entirely of short rear end lightweight weaklings, because Welbz is never fit.

Penalties are goals, who know if Giroud is getting sold (I doubt it), and Lacazette isn't weak or lightweight.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If he's scored 10 penalties there's a decent chance Arsenal are gonna put him on pen duties. Not like anybody they have now is particularly reliable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

27 goals in 45 matches is really good

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Giroud has said he wants to stay so why would they sell? He is an amazing choice as a backup or against certain types of teams.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I mean, in many ways it'd probably be harsh to declare a player I don't remember having ever seen play as the bastard child of Grant Holt and Afonso Alves, but I'm just saying we should teach the controversy and let the children decide for themselves

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I mean, in many ways it'd probably be harsh to declare a player I don't remember having ever seen play as the bastard child of Grant Holt and Afonso Alves, but I'm just saying we should teach the controversy and let the children decide for themselves

imagine if he was as bad as afonso alves

it would be insanely good imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Have you considered it's because Swansea are poo poo he wasn't very good in the premier league?

Swansea are good.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Giroud will still get called up to the national team even if he's a substitute - they still call up Gignac, for gently caress's sake

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Juve were trying to get Atalanta to release Leonardo Spinazzola from his loan a year early, presumably to be Alex Sandro's replacement, but Atalanta refused.

I guess Sandro will just have to stay then :colbert:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

T Bowl posted:

Giroud has said he wants to stay so why would they sell? He is an amazing choice as a backup or against certain types of teams.

He might not want to stay when they tell him he isn't even going to make the bench in a World Cup year.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

He might not want to stay when they tell him he isn't even going to make the bench in a World Cup year.

He only started 11 times last season and still has no issues making the French national team (or scoring goals for them). He had 18 sub appearances in the PL last year. As long as he keeps banging in goals at the rate he is for the NT they'll keep picking him regardless of his overall minutes at Arsenal.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Akileese posted:

He only started 11 times last season and still has no issues making the French national team (or scoring goals for them). He had 18 sub appearances in the PL last year. As long as he keeps banging in goals at the rate he is for the NT they'll keep picking him regardless of his overall minutes at Arsenal.

Fair point although Big Weng has also said in the past he didn't want to have Benzema and Giroud in the same team as there could be a conflict of interest (lol) so he might tell him to pack his tighty whiteys.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Pwhoar cazette is insanely good

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lots of stuff going around about Costa going back to Atletico and sitting out until their transfer ban is over.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Jose posted:

27 goals in 45 matches is really good

according to my advanced stats french goals count as 0.6 british EPL goals so actually he sucks

cacazette

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lacazette. ollie lacazette

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

saihttam posted:

Pwhoar cazette is insanely good

I've been listening to some tape of him and he's reel good. I can't think of any analog, he's got an 8-track mind for scoring goals

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
So I dont have a clue what else Arsenal will go for. A real striker is a godsend, so I can't complain. Moving to 3 at that back should necessitate another defender, but I bet Wenger will count on Mertesacker to fill in the gaps. It really all lies on Sanchez, I guess.

e: I don't like the trend of buying last year's targets the following year. It's great to have Lacazette now, but he would have been a hell of a lot more useful last summer.

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 6, 2017

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
They signed Kolasinac, so that probably makes Monreal the 6th center half in wenger's mind

Edit: shoot, forgot about Chambers, that makes 7 possible center backs when Gabriel is healthy (haha)

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bea Nanner posted:

So I dont have a clue what else Arsenal will go for. A real striker is a godsend, so I can't complain. Moving to 3 at that back should necessitate another defender, but I bet Wenger will count on Mertesacker to fill in the gaps. It really all lies on Sanchez, I guess.

e: I don't like the trend of buying last year's targets the following year. It's great to have Lacazette now, but he would have been a hell of a lot more useful last summer.

Wenger's been following Lacassette for like 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

Number one need is a central midfielder. That was the biggest weakness all of last season after Cazorla went down, and now he's actually dead.

• Locked thread