Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Dragonball would never give out power ups like candy.

They sell them at bargain prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
What afterlife do you go to if you are killed (but not destroyed) in the void where the tournament is taking place?

Also, if you are killed in another universe do you go to that universes afterlife or your own?

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I still can't wait for Vegeta's eventual jobbing to a magical girl's heart beam.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Covok posted:

If DBS rips off the bakery competition arc from Wakfu as an inter-universe tournament, DBS may become the greatest anime ever.

I think you meant to say the entirety of yakitate!! japan

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Caulifla is just a friend that's new to the game, so her friends take her to high level areas to power level her quickly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

"it's a Super Saiyan Blue plate special" - Vegeta in like 5 episodes, probably

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The spoilers displease me

Goddamit, Hit was supposed to be the one to job to Jiren to hype him, not Kale :( Kale was supposed to rampage around kicking Vegeta's rear end

Also I hope that Frieza is the one to stealth sneak the Destructo Disk that gets Krillin disqualified

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Why would you read spoilers. Why can't you just wait and enjoy it. Now we have nothing but blocks of spoilers. Shameful.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I regret reading those spoilers. That's such a great twist and will piss so many people off that it would have been so much better for it to be a surprise.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

So It Goes posted:

What afterlife do you go to if you are killed (but not destroyed) in the void where the tournament is taking place?

Also, if you are killed in another universe do you go to that universes afterlife or your own?

Probably that universes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's dumb.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Alan_Shore posted:

Why would you read spoilers. Why can't you just wait and enjoy it. Now we have nothing but blocks of spoilers. Shameful.

Eh, personally I don't care much about spoilers in things I watch, I feel like it should be able to stand up on its own with prior knowledge of any twists, which is intrinsically something that only works the one time.

Anyway theory:

One of the fighters mentioned that we haven't seen so far is a bug person called Damon, from Universe 4 (which is all about sneaky misdirection) who apparently leaves behind a skin husk to misdirect its opponent and then sneaks away. Perhaps Krillin will chop off the head of the husk and everyone, including himself, will assume Damon's been killed and thus Krillin is disqualified. But then, surprise! Damon's fine and it was a con to mislead goku or someone who Damon attacks out of nowhere while Beerus loses his mind and demands that Krillin be reinstated back into the ring.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The only thing about the Sub/Dub for me is that Goku starts to feel like two completely different characters to me, although I haven't seen much of the Super dub and I don't know if he acts the same way.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

So It Goes posted:

You get a halo and are sent to the observation ring like everyone else.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

The only thing about the Sub/Dub for me is that Goku starts to feel like two completely different characters to me, although I haven't seen much of the Super dub and I don't know if he acts the same way.

I think Sean Schemmel has gotten idiot Goku down pretty well.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Super/NewMovies dub Goku is pretty close to real Goku now

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

King Kai will never be anyone but Sean to me. It just fits too perfectly.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rhjamiz posted:

King Kai will never be anyone but Sean to me. It just fits too perfectly.

My favorite complaint about Sean's King Kai is "he sounds less like a God and more like your unfunny uncle doing a voice, unlike the Japanese version." It's my favorite complaint because that's exactly the reason the voice fits so loving well for a God like King Kai.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Hey now, if there's one thing we've learned about Dragonball, its that their gods are worthy of respect!

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if the angels will rewind the death

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's probably a robot that bites it anyway

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I want krillin to cut freeza or frost in half on accident. so they're fine (and get healed or w/e idk), it calls back to dbz, and he gets dq'd for attempted murder rather than outright killing a guy

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I still can't wait for Vegeta's eventual jobbing to a magical girl's heart beam.

Vegeta can't help it, its one of his and Bulma's favorite role-playing scenarios.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I bet it's actually Frieza doing the killing, framing Krillin in the process.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/882629817706983425

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Dogg of Dankstruction, Weedus-sama.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Whenever I'm reminded people of all countries, ages and social and economical status know what Dragon Ball is I start thinking what would the world be like if it was adopted as the single worldwide religion to end all conflicts.

Then I remember the portion of the fanbase that has a hard on for power levels and realise this poo poo could end the world if it were to happen.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

lezard_valeth posted:

Whenever I'm reminded people of all countries, ages and social and economical status know what Dragon Ball is I start thinking what would the world be like if it was adopted as the single worldwide religion to end all conflicts.

Then I remember the portion of the fanbase that has a hard on for power levels and realise this poo poo could end the world if it were to happen.

I always find it interesting that DBZ is super popular in Latin America.

Covok
May 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

"America's powerlevel may be over 9000! (laughs stupidly to self), but I, Russia, have the special technique to go NUCLEAR! NUCLEAR STRIKE ATTACK!"

"Nuclear Strike Attack!? drat, I got only one chance left! Everyone, give me your nukes! Gather them all together! And fire! NUCLEAR BOMB!"

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I don't know if anyone still cares about it, but I just caught up with Dragon Ball Multiverse and my favorite match was Gast Carcolh vs King Piccolo for the sole image of a man casually whistling as he kicks the poo poo out of someone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Was whistling ever a weakness for Namekians in anything besides Lord Slug?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe it's in another movie or something but it's not in db/dbz

Covok
May 27, 2013

Testekill posted:

Was whistling ever a weakness for Namekians in anything besides Lord Slug?

It hurt Piccolo in the same movie, but it only ever appeared in that movie. It's a movie-only rule for Namekians.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Everything about Multiverse feels like a bad fanfic tbh.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Everything about Multiverse feels like a bad fanfic tbh.

Well... that's what it is isn't it?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean as opposed to a good one.

I dunno. Maybe I'm biased by how much its fanbase hates Super.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean as opposed to a good one.

I dunno. Maybe I'm biased by how much its fanbase hates Super.

It's fanbase hates super? Why? Super is actually doing what the fan comic did...twice! And, frankly, did it better and with much less fanfic bullshit.

Less me guess: it's because it isn't action-y enough, it isn't POWER LEVELS, and because it isn't how they viewed DBZ when they were 13 year old?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I vaguely recall people saying the multiverse people were mad because super took its thing and also contradicted it on every point

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

It's fanbase hates super? Why? Super is actually doing what the fan comic did...twice! And, frankly, did it better and with much less fanfic bullshit.

Less me guess: it's because it isn't action-y enough, it isn't POWER LEVELS, and because it isn't how they viewed DBZ when they were 13 year old?

Last I saw they actually banned Super discussion and will ban people if they do it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Multiverse had a few neat ideas. Like I think its cool that the "Frieza Wins!" universe happened because Krillin ignored Goku and killed Vegeta on Earth for example.

OTOH there's a lot of chapters where the big change in the story is just the villain winning a beam struggle or whatever. There's also a million chapters about Bojack for some reason.

• Locked thread