Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Word is going around the internet that CNN is threatening to doxx the redditor who created that gif that Trump retweeted of Trump beating up "CNN" at a WWE event. Apparently they have a pretty nasty and embarassing post history.

Rumor also has it that the redditor in question that CNN is threatening to release the name of is a 15 year old kid, though I don't know how anyone could know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sucrose posted:

Word is going around the internet that CNN is threatening to doxx the redditor who created that gif that Chimp reShited of Chimp beating up "CNN" at a WWE event. Apparently they have a pretty nasty and embarassing post history.

Rumor also has it that the redditor in question that CNN is threatening to release the name of is a 15 year old kid, though I don't know how anyone could know that.

They're saying over in the political cartoons thread in D&D that he's a middle-aged guy. Either way, though, I'm finding it tough to muster sympathy for a Trumper on Reddit who regularly shouts the n word.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

They're saying over in the political cartoons thread in D&D that he's a middle-aged guy. Either way, though, I'm finding it tough to muster sympathy for a Trumper on Reddit who regularly shouts the n word.

I think it's a bit of a slippery slope dilemma. Some guy shitposts a meme making fun of CNN, which Trump happens to retweet. CNN investigates who the original gif maker is, and uncovers his real name, as well as the fact that from his anonymous post history, he's a real racist POS. Should CNN threaten to doxx the guy in this scenario?

Note that if it was any of his racist posts that had caught CNN's eye, I would be all for exposing him if he was dumb enough to leave clues to his real identity laying around. It's the part that this whole chain of events ending in the threatened doxxing was originally caused by him posting a gif making fun of CNN that I find problematic.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sucrose posted:

I think it's a bit of a slippery slope dilemma. Some guy shitposts a meme making fun of CNN, which Chimp happens to reShit. CNN investigates who the original gif maker is, and uncovers his real name, as well as the fact that from his anonymous post history, he's a real racist POS. Should CNN threaten to doxx the guy in this scenario?

Note that if it was any of his racist posts that had caught CNN's eye, I would be all for exposing him if he was dumb enough to leave clues to his real identity laying around. It's the part that this whole chain of events ending in the threatened doxxing was originally caused by him posting a gif making fun of CNN that I find problematic.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I were to tell you that I was 100% comfortable with the whole thing. A news organization essentially declaring war on online redpill/alt-right types, especially when CNN is already a target of Chimp supporters who are convinced that it's Satan incarnate, seems foolish. I'm also not totally happy with a news organization crawling into the "doxxing culture" mud pit with the pigs.

The good thing is how telling it is that the guy folded so fast when he was threatened with being exposed IRL.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The thing I'm really not happy with is the blackmail element of it. If CNN genuinely thinks they were in the right to find out who this guy is, they should publish and be done with it. Holding this sword of Trumpocles ready to drop if the guy does anything CNN doesn't like is... to be honest, I don't see how it's legal.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sunswipe posted:

The thing I'm really not happy with is the blackmail element of it. If CNN genuinely thinks they were in the right to find out who this guy is, they should publish and be done with it. Holding this sword of Trumpocles ready to drop if the guy does anything CNN doesn't like is... to be honest, I don't see how it's legal.

It might not be.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/conspiracy-against-rights

I love that CNN is now doing stuff that would get a poster to dying internet comedy forums banned.

Edit: Kaczynski's reacting...poorly.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/882438606270410752

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/882429541981052928

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/882418323673239553

And that last one is directly contradicted by...CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski:

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Jul 5, 2017

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm having trouble seeing how this story got past the stage of "Welp the president tweeted something childish and irresponsible again, boy he sure is terrible". Everything beyond that is just making it worse. I guess there's a theoretical threat of violence against the media, but sadly, he does far more threatening stuff multiple times a day.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
I keep seeing this car commerical on YouTube that ends with a guy in a topknot calling the car a bad mamma jamma and everyone laughing as if he told a joke.

I don't understand how anyone would consider this in any way good advertising. I don't remember the car either. I just remember how annoying the commerical is.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
I just get that drat RotoRooter ad that's 3x as loud as the actual videos for no reason

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm not sure whether the whole association of Mountain Dew with gamers is because of the stupid Mountain Dew ad campaign or it was there in the first place and the brand latched onto it, but holy poo poo every time I turned on SGDQ this weekend I got the Twitch ad for Mountain Dew's high end PC giveaway thing and everything about it is stupid.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Ultima66 posted:

I'm not sure whether the whole association of Mountain Dew with gamers is because of the stupid Mountain Dew ad campaign or it was there in the first place and the brand latched onto it, but holy poo poo every time I turned on SGDQ this weekend I got the Twitch ad for Mountain Dew's high end PC giveaway thing and everything about it is stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW4kaQk50Vo

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
So the Dems are running a sticker campaign

With such glorious options as

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Perfect for the Bernie Sanders supporter in your family!

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Talk about an inspiring slogan.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Are you loving joking? Get your poo poo together Dems. Jesus

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
The least godawful is the one that just directly apes Trump's slogan. :dawkins101:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

It's better than the rape one.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Tarantula posted:

Well they did have the pussy in the window so that should have been the first clue.
that's your reflection friend

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Seriously, the best slogans are pretty short and don't refer to some mostly forgotten and nil cared about exchange in the Senate.

Draw a garbage truck and in big bold letters DumpTrump. Boom, this poo poo writes itself.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
Please tell me those are parodies. Good God will the dems learn nothing from 16 D:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
The worst part is if you try to vote to get to the voting part you have to donate to them. trump 2020 :dawkins:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Krispy Kareem posted:

Seriously, the best slogans are pretty short and don't refer to some mostly forgotten and nil cared about exchange in the Senate.

It also seems like a lot of liberals have forgotten the original context of the phrase and think the one who persisted was Hillary.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

God, at least there isn't a take on "Blue Lives Matter". Who came up with these?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Middle-aged liberal moms love that poo poo and they're the core donor base of the DNC. Not every product is geared towards 30something male IT workers.

If it helps just imagine all of those slogans on a minions meme

Tiny Brontosaurus has a new favorite as of 07:31 on Jul 6, 2017

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Gizmo Chicken posted:

I can believe anyone had come away from the last few years of politics with the lesson that people love voting for the lesser of two evils.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Praseodymi posted:

I can believe anyone had come away from the last few years of politics with the lesson that people love voting for the lesser of two evils.

Hope you're looking forward to two years of "we're not the other guy!" before a "" "" "" surprise "" "" "" 2018 defeat.

What's your platform? "NOT THAT GUY'S!"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

THAT WAS THE DEMOCRATS' REFRAIN OF 2016 AND IT DIDN'T loving WORK THEN EITHER

gently caress IT gently caress EVERYTHING I AM OFFICIALLY A REPUBLICAN AT LEAST THEY'RE RUINING CIVILIZATION ON PURPOSE

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The Lewis Black joke from 12 loving years ago is still valid.

"You see, in our two-party system, the Democrats are the party of no ideas and the Republicans are the party of bad ideas."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Screaming Idiot posted:

THAT WAS THE DEMOCRATS' REFRAIN OF 2016 AND IT DIDN'T loving WORK THEN EITHER

gently caress IT gently caress EVERYTHING I AM OFFICIALLY A REPUBLICAN AT LEAST THEY'RE RUINING CIVILIZATION ON PURPOSE

How do you know that's not part of the plans of DEMs

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Hey, guess who:

A mother on (an airline) flight with her two-year old child paid for an additional seat for that two-year old child so that he could be safely restrained on (an airline's) flight, but (an airline) employee told her she would have to remove the child from the seat she paid for and hold the child in her lap for the duration of the flight to allow another (airline) customer to use that seat.

Three guesses, first two don't count.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Praseodymi posted:

Especially when the "lesser" bit is highly debatable, and the " lesser" is constantly calling large sections of the country racist, sexist, we don't need or want you. Worked out great.

More like voting between two flavors of evil

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Johnny Aztec posted:

Especially when the "lesser" bit is highly debatable, and the " lesser" is constantly calling large sections of the country racist, sexist, we don't need or want you. Worked out great.

More like voting between two flavors of evil

Cool Ranch is the worst flavor of evil though

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cooler Ranch

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

For something a little simpler from people who are definitely a little simple I present a sports team who left an unattended bag in a crowded tourist area as part of a promotion.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Phanatic posted:

Hey, guess who:

A mother on (an airline) flight with her two-year old child paid for an additional seat for that two-year old child so that he could be safely restrained on (an airline's) flight, but (an airline) employee told her she would have to remove the child from the seat she paid for and hold the child in her lap for the duration of the flight to allow another (airline) customer to use that seat.

Three guesses, first two don't count.

The mother didn't actually inform anybody about the situation, so it's actually sort of her fault.

-edit I read a different article where it said she didn't say anything.

IShallRiseAgain has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Jul 6, 2017

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The mother didn't actually inform anybody about the situation, so it's actually sort of her fault.

quote:

"I told the flight attendant about our situation, but she shrugged and told me the flight was full," Yamauchi said. "I paid $969 for my son's ticket."

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bogan King posted:

For something a little simpler from people who are definitely a little simple I present a sports team who left an unattended bag in a crowded tourist area as part of a promotion.

I'm hoping the bag is just the prize and they leave the bullhorn and not the backpack, but who can say for sure?

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

My favorite part of this story is the almost 900 dollar price differential for the same drat seat lmbo. Dude only paid $75 for it. I guess for the airline they don't care because they pocket both fares. How is that poo poo not criminal they should at least be forced to refund her ticket in real cash notbteavel vouchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Raldikuk posted:

My favorite part of this story is the almost 900 dollar price differential for the same drat seat lmbo. Dude only paid $75 for it. I guess for the airline they don't care because they pocket both fares. How is that poo poo not criminal they should at least be forced to refund her ticket in real cash notbteavel vouchers.

From the sound of it they hosed up and didn't scan the boarding pass for the kid's seat, so it was still showing as vacant and so they probably sold it to a guy waiting to fly standby.