Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

That's not blackmail even if it is a bad

c'mon man, the message is clear - "behave or we can get your name out the masses".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Barbe Rouge posted:

c'mon man, the message is clear - "behave or we can get your name out the masses".

That or they chose not to doxx him since he apologized but if he retracts his apology that might change? Even the rear end in a top hat himself says he wasn't blackmailed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Barbe Rouge posted:

It actually was very clearly 'we're not revealing your name, but you in no way have any legal protection from it so if somehow we need to in the future (like because of your constant string of literally begging for a chance to stab a muslim) there's nothing we can do'

or it's a (((media conspiracy)))

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

25 minute commute by walking/bus and subway. Driving a car voluntarily seems like complete madness unless you are always eating from the trashcan of ideology.

EN WHY SEA, THA BIG APPLE BABY.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Also anyone can easily do it since his account was openly tied to his name as well.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lowtax is going to doxx me to my employer for using ableist slurs.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

That or they chose not to doxx him since he apologized but if he retracts his apology that might change? Even the rear end in a top hat himself says he wasn't blackmailed.

its not literal blackmail but its still creepy and immoral to issue a threat that they are ready and willing to doxx someone for the crime of using a corporate logo in their pro wrestling internet meme

it not aimed at the original dude who already capitulated, its a threat to future memers (or the trump administration)

as someone who pays no attention to cnn, have they always been this mad? or are they just willing to tank their credibility over a grudge with a reality show star

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

little munchkin posted:

its not literal blackmail but its still creepy and immoral to issue a threat that they are ready and willing to doxx someone for the crime of using a corporate logo in their pro wrestling internet meme

it not aimed at the original dude who already capitulated, its a threat to future memers (or the trump administration)

as someone who pays no attention to cnn, have they always been this mad? or are they just willing to tank their credibility over a grudge with a reality show star

That is OUR President Reality Show Star to you mister.

Also CNN wrote an article on the occasion of Pepe the Frog's death so yeah.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

little munchkin posted:

Andrew Kaczynski's thing has always been to dumpster dive (e.g. he's the guy who unearthed the Hillary "superpredators" tape). This time the focus of his diving was some guy under what I presume were "newsworthy/public interest" reasons (like how the United plane guy got doxxed as No Angel.)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
The media constantly doxxes people. It is hilarious that because it happened to a middle age white guy that people are having a fit.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

I don't really trust his "I'm not being blackmailed, not at all!", it's like one of those jokes where a TV anchor is praising a dictator, then the camera pans back and you see there's a soldier with a gun pointed at the anchor's head off-camera.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

he's being blackmailed into what not posting any more pepe gas the jew memes or some poo poo?

CNN sucks balls but you know boo loving hoo that he's being constrained thusly

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lowtax don't doxx me for this!!!!!!

Barbe Rouge posted:

I don't really trust his "I'm not being blackmailed, not at all!", it's like one of those jokes where a TV anchor is praising a dictator, then the camera pans back and you see there's a soldier with a gun pointed at the anchor's head off-camera.

You're retarded

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

will the chapo boys reveal if/when they're approached by 2018 dems

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I hope it's the same when they referenced killer Michael

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

The media constantly doxxes people. It is hilarious that because it happened to a middle age white guy that people are having a fit.

not me, im woke and think doxxing is good

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Well they have their new slogan, now they just need the new policies. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/05/democrats-trump-congress-better-deal-240150

quote:

Democratic leaders are zeroing in on a new mantra for their long-promised economic agenda: a “Better Deal.”

Since then, Democratic Policy and Communications Committee leaders have held countless meetings and briefings with all the wings of their caucus and are putting the final details on messaging they say can be tailored to work in all 194 Democratic districts across the country and at least two dozen others that Democrats are hoping to snag to take back the majority.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Godzilla07 posted:

Andrew Kaczynski's thing has always been to dumpster dive (e.g. he's the guy who unearthed the Hillary "superpredators" tape).

does combing through cspan archives which are public record and easily searchable really count as "dumpster diving"?

anyway, bless him for giving us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K61UADVD4VA

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

he's being blackmailed into what not posting any more pepe gas the jew memes or some poo poo?

CNN sucks balls but you know boo loving hoo that he's being constrained thusly

Yeah, this is a grown rear end man. Of course somebody who would remember Trumps cameo on wwe enough to make an edit would have to be middle aged

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not super up in arms about the name thing I'm just not sure what purpose revealing this particular guy's name on national tv serves. If it was local then I could maybe see "hey this pretty vocal racist guy is part of the community maybe be careful" but implying you could reveal the name at any moment on national news just seems like flexing nuts on CNN's part in a way I'm not comfortable with a news outlet doing.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

You're retarded

dumbass, they have his name and they said they wouldn't publish it if he behaves himself. is it unreasonable to suggest that he's saying "no, no, everything's fine!" because of that threat?
of course I'm not saying some CNN goon held a knife to his throat or whatever, just that he read the situation and behaved accordingly.

I Before E posted:

I'm not super up in arms about the name thing I'm just not sure what purpose revealing this particular guy's name on national tv serves. If it was local then I could maybe see "hey this pretty vocal racist guy is part of the community maybe be careful" but implying you could reveal the name at any moment on national news just seems like flexing nuts on CNN's part in a way I'm not comfortable with a news outlet doing.

this

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

*wrings hands liberally*

won't someone please think of the twitter nazis?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Whomst among us has not accused an entire race of blood libel under the moniker FrogOfWar1488?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
CNN doxed the dude since he made a gif of them getting owned and they melted down and pissed their knickers.

You think they wouldn't do the same to a leftist if a brutal lefty own of that lovely right wing network somehow made the news?

Like sure the dude is a piece of poo poo but I'm not gonna applaud CNN for being pissbaby retards.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

CNN doxed the dude since he made a gif of them getting owned and they melted down and pissed their knickers.

You think they wouldn't do the same to a leftist if a brutal lefty own of that lovely right wing network somehow made the news?

Like sure the dude is a piece of poo poo but I'm not gonna applaud CNN for being pissbaby retards.

Except they didn't dox him, thats everyone's complaint.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Except they didn't dox him, thats everyone's complaint.

It's ok to think CNN hosed up here and still want this dude to get doxxed

Just not by CNN!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

My problem was that the tone was "he pinky-swore not to do it again so we in our grace decided to withhold his name."

That sure sounds like something like corporate liberalism to me. However, thinking back that the guy is actually a Nazi who's posted anti-semitic poo poo, and the CNN gif was not his only "mistake", you know what, gently caress that guy.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

It's ok to think CNN hosed up here and still want this dude to get doxxed

Just not by CNN!

I think this is a compromise I can get behind.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jesus, this song.

"In the flash of an hour, watchin' dreams fall from towers"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

*wrings hands liberally*

won't someone please think of the twitter nazis?

seriously what is this subhuman being 'blackmailed' to do by the (((media juggernaut))) again? Like, make less overt calls to put muslims in internment camps? Not call a black child a friend of the family like he did?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

At first my written out reply was "it doesn't help anything to send one Pepe meme creator to get crucified by the Internet when there's thousands of them waiting in the wings", but actually, if this guy gets doxxed, maybe it would actually have a chilling effect on that sort of thing.

This poo poo just got real for that guy. His idol retweeted him and it stopped being a ha-ha funny internet-only thing. It became IRL. That should happen to as many redditors as possible.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sorry but I'm not gonna cheer when loving CNN gets to choose who gets plucked out of internet obscurity to be scrutinized by the public and their employers. Losing a job is lethal in the US. Yea, dead nazis are good, but go kill them yourself. If you give that power to gigantic corporate media entities, well, good luck when they turn their guns on, say, BDS advocates (considered inherently antismitic by many).

And to reiterate - this Nazi isn't on blast for being a Nazi, it's because he made a wrestling gif crudely showing CNN getting owned and the locker fodder nerds who work there pissed their pants.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jesus, this song.

"In the flash of an hour, watchin' dreams fall from towers"

It was amazing, with the intro I was kind of like "yeah, okay, I can get into this, sure", and then the singing started.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Sorry but I'm not gonna cheer when loving CNN gets to choose who gets plucked out of internet obscurity to be scrutinized by the public and their employers. Losing a job is lethal in the US. Yea, dead nazis are good, but go kill them yourself. If you give that power to gigantic corporate media entities, well, good luck when they turn their guns on, say, BDS advocates (considered inherently antismitic by many).

And to reiterate - this Nazi isn't on blast for being a Nazi, it's because he made a wrestling gif crudely showing CNN getting owned and the locker fodder nerds who work there pissed their pants.

They literally gave him a level of respect and care usually never shown to, say, minority suspects of crimes and poo poo by not revealing his name, and you're trying to act like this is the world turning on him.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Anyway as for the show.

They mentioned the Kazin piece and his whining that there weren't union banners at the pussy hat march or the climate march, which, sure it would have been nice to have more of a labor presence. But they missed an opportunity to note that "the resistance" to trump has seen the most material results in the pushback against DeVos and especially Puzder. That organized response to those nominees would be unthinkable without the AFT and SEIU.

The Pussy Hat March and Climate March were basically just for show. Good for networking and for catharsis but didn't change any policies.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/880941100743217157

adam friedland episode tomorrow :coolfish:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

Anyway as for the show.

They mentioned the Kazin piece and his whining that there weren't union banners at the pussy hat march or the climate march, which, sure it would have been nice to have more of a labor presence. But they missed an opportunity to note that "the resistance" to trump has seen the most material results in the pushback against DeVos and especially Puzder. That organized response to those nominees would be unthinkable without the AFT and SEIU.

The Pussy Hat March and Climate March were basically just for show. Good for networking and for catharsis but didn't change any policies.

I mean the Teamsters had a semi parked right next to the capitol in St. Paul, so an effort was made in Minnesota at least.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

This is pretty much one of clinton's rejected slogans

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I love that the dumbest guest ever is going to be their most frequent

no really This Is Good

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I have been lobbying for a Stav episode for so long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think the cum boys and the dry boys should just combine their shows.