Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
the question of depreciation, and the ability of the commodity to hold its value for future resale, is an important one to consider when purchasing a long sleeved tshirt in this, the dumbest and shittiest of all possible futures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

hey guys how much should we charge for this ill fitting, snot coloured top? €350? cool

lol nobody show homebody here Kanye's clothing line poo poo :eyepop:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
In the hellish dystopian cyberpunk future of 2017 people pay a premium to big corporations for clothes and lifestyle accessories designed to make them look like free-spirited anticonsumerist cultural rebels.

hack gently caress society

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
new bar in neo zealand

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

communism bitch posted:

In the hellish dystopian cyberpunk future of 2017 people pay a premium to big corporations for clothes and lifestyle accessories designed to make them look like free-spirited anticonsumerist cultural rebels.

hack gently caress society

not really a new phenomenon

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Trabandiumium posted:

iirc the lady from pattern recognition wore a black bomber but it didn't exist or w/e so they made that

yeah, from what I remember reading, they got a bunch of requests for a black one and finally tracked down that it came from pattern recognition and teamed up with William Gibson to make a few things. I like the meta-artistry of it, but not enough to spend $700 on a jacket

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
of all the cyberpunk novels that could come true I never thought it would be snow crash

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Snow Crash has been a documentary for years, but never like this.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

acronym jackets are awesome but the rest of their stuff is for hypbeast mall ninjas

The Leck posted:

yeah, from what I remember reading, they got a bunch of requests for a black one and finally tracked down that it came from pattern recognition and teamed up with William Gibson to make a few things. I like the meta-artistry of it, but not enough to spend $700 on a jacket
that same book wrecked the collector's market for curta calculators

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
when is the snow crash tv show

i bet it coincides w/ the altered carbon show

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I was introduced to snow crash by some dude that skipped a grade in high school; he posted on 4chan a lot at the time. we went to the same college and I have no idea what happened to him, as I stopped talking to him because he would casually say the n word. I like to think these two things aren't connected but life is a lie

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

qirex posted:

acronym jackets are awesome but the rest of their stuff is for hypbeast mall ninjas

that same book wrecked the collector's market for curta calculators

i had never heard of curtas until then, but yeah i can see how that would happen

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
there was some story I read one time where the internet had become so overrun with viruses and poo poo that everyone basically abandoned computers and started using autistic people as personal assistants to remember things and do math and stuff

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

A Pinball Wizard posted:

there was some story I read one time where the internet had become so overrun with viruses and poo poo that everyone basically abandoned computers and started using autistic people as personal assistants to remember things and do math and stuff

I can immediately remember multiple stories with that rough idea.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

they're called mentats

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

A Pinball Wizard posted:

hmm yes a stinky computer with a minecraft shirt, let me in on this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Crusader posted:

moscow is pretty cyberpunk on its own too:

shinra corp is doing great things

a scanner darkly cars movie looking good

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/882973851759628288

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

as far as vegas inspired cyber-mercantile how about that crystal method record vegas. or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fBjN-cjOY

or this whole mix:

https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Dresden-Provocative-Progressive/release/206605

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Crusader posted:

moscow is pretty cyberpunk on its own too:

awesome

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

anyone ever say "cyberdyberpunk"?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Carry On Up The Khyberpunk?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SO DEMANDING posted:

they're called mentats

It is by the Mountain Dew Code Red that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Agile Vector posted:

shinra corp is doing great things

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
would be cooler if the leg were a gun

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

or at least if it opened up like robocop's leg to hide the gun inside

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah Robocop was cool as poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
* extremely Subjunctive voice * : are those...magnetic?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
dude looks like a budget cenobite

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
my man look like bus station bench

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

dude looks like a budget cenobite

The Puzzle Box combined a CJ with his Aeron

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

We have such seats to show you.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Shaggar posted:

yeah Robocop was cool as poo poo

i liked the prequel (that 70s show) better

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

NoneMoreNegative posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative posted:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007