Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

D_Smart posted:

You're right. Sorry. My bad. I was already mad at some Trumpettes on Twitter, and I read your post at a bad time.

:stare: The end times are nigh :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ManofManyAliases posted:

SQ42 info later this year. I'll reserve comment about the other part of my statement until 3.0.

Are you redchris?

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kromlech posted:

When Chris Roberts was 24, Sandi Gardiner was 12. Gross.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 6, 2017

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Let's not.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Was that code or something? Is she really 111 years old? That would make it a worth-while topic, at least…

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You loving idiots. You're caught in the event horizon of a black dox. Aim away with thrusters at full and you may survive.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Well her I-551 (Green Card), and marriage certificate have her correct D.O.B. in it. And it's not May 1980 as seen on IMDB.

ps: MODS!!!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 6, 2017

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

You loving idiots. You're caught in the event horizon of a black dox. Aim away with thrusters at full and you may survive.

That's now how gravity works. What are you, Chris or something?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq0nds

:stonk:

ps: It's got Star Citizen in it. Honest.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Middle aged "actress" lies about age on IMDB. You won't want to miss this hard hitting goon investigation. Tune in tonight at 10.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
genuinely curious, which famous hollywood actors / actresses are lying about their age?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Nicholas posted:

genuinely curious, which famous hollywood actors / actresses are lying about their age?

Laurence Fishburne

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nicholas posted:

Chloë Grace Moretz

Secretly Sandy's age

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nicholas posted:

keanu reeves is at least 1,000 years old

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Kromlech posted:

Chloë Grace Moretz

Secretly Sandy's age

her real age or her fake age?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

We know what we have to do.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Is this recent or one of the old ones? I ask because that "keep doing what you're doing" thing has almost become a meme for them, due to it appearing on a couple or more other Glassdoor reviews. I can't believe that whoever they have writing these would still be using that tag after it had been outed so horribly already.

The date on that one was June 10th 2017. Sooooooo

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

For god's sake. lol

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Jesus loving H. Christ just stop with this bullshit.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 6, 2017

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
As the atmosphere sours, some will retreat to defensible "green zones" behind fences/barriers with armed checkpoints leading in to them. These zones will be large and clustered around key buildings like a large metropolitan mocap studios or human experimentation institutes. The benefit of the mocap studio is that it provides accommodation and treated air handling to the bedside for the residents. It also has the ability to provide In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) services with the carefully stored gametes (genetic diversity) of Chris Roberts and Sandy Gardiner.

This is not a self contained biodome/biosphere concept. It's an extensive area of several mocap studios that interact with the environment and concentrate what is needed from the atmosphere and scrub the interior air to keep it breathable.

As the surrounding population is excluded and carefully selected "survivor colonists" are brought into the "green zone" the need for electricity in suburbia will drop off due to the thinning of the herd through the most painful kind of electricity. This will result in a reconfiguration of the grid to direct the (now) surplus electricity from wind/solar/hydro/geo into the "green zone".

The "survivor colonists" (breeding stock) and support staff of actress/customer support/shill will be supplied with treated air through fully atmospherically controlled, hermetically sealed videogame studios. Foragers and outside technicians will be able to breathe through the use of portable systems such as back carry tanks or portable atmospheric gas concentrators.

The new Population Control Measures come into play:

*Each couple gets one normally conceived fully autistic manchild and one IVF (sperm bank) aspergers child (insemination or embryo);
*Once you've had the IVF child you go into the lottery for only one more natural child or opt for IVF;
*Inadvertent deaths of a male spouse mean you get an extra child by their sperm insemination if it is recoverable otherwise another IVF child voucher;
*Inadvertent death of a female spouse mean you get an extra voucher (natural or IVF) for you and your next partner;
*Rights to a child voucher are non-transferable so if you don't conceive naturally or artificially within two years the default vouchers get added to the birthright lottery that everyone is eligible to enter.
*Female same sex couples can mix and match between them;
*Male same sex couples can bestow their child voucher on a surrogate where the surrogate has no parental rights;
*Population shortfalls result in additional vouchers being added to the birthright lotteries;
*Restrictions on abortion would be more strict if the fetus is female rather than male to encourage a population skew towards females.
*With plenty of power now available the inside of multi story buildings will be repurposed as extensive "grow houses" (minimal atmospheric treatment) and livestock housing (enhanced atmosphere).

Existing gravity goo flows from reservoirs will gradually be replaced by well understood and time tested gravity goo gathering from green roofs and water treatment of effluent will be fed through the "grow houses" and livestock.

Everything expected to be needed for the next 1,000 years will be gleaned from the city/suburbs/countryside and stored in nearby "green zone" Wing Commander merchandise warehousing (no atmospheric treatment).

With directed research and animal breeding efforts we could develop "dumb animals" that could survive (hopefully thrive) and continue pledging thousands of dollars year after year in an atmosphere that we wouldn't find comfortable. These sheep/goats/cattle/manchildren are what I refer to as "biological accumulators".

This is a Permaculture concept where you use these animals to do the hard work of accumulating the energy from the sun (grass) in the form of protein and fat (with other nutrients thrown in) and these are periodically brought into the "green zone" during the muster.

Demolition of (by then vacated) housing near the green zone into open pasture could allow large areas of manchild grazing. This could begin with simply fencing off a suburb and allowing access to front/back yards by removing a few fences. Over time a demolition crew would work on repurposing the "pasture suburbs" into a mix of grass and nut/oil trees (further biological accumulators).

For these sorts of thought experiments I look to the layout of my own city in Adelaide, South Australia. We have wide parklands around the city centre where all the administrative infrastructure of the state is based. These could become the initial pastures and if cleared of key trees/vegetation would provide clear defensive lines of fire.

This area includes the city council and state parliament as well as the Governor of the state. There are lots of accommodation areas both general residential and hotels as well as convention centre and several hospitals. Central Markets, Police headquarters, State Library, Art Gallery, many, many universities and lots of research facilities. Military administration is adjacent to the parklands. Basically all the infrastructure you might need for quite a large society that has undergone significant contraction.

You can see a map of sorts on the city council website here ==> http://www.adelaideparklands.com.au/explore-map/

Obviously borders of various areas would likely follow pre-existing streets and precincts. There is even the likely possibility (in the context of this scenario) of pockets of "green zone" in different parts of the Adelaide Plains with transport links being preserved between them. As an example we have recently electrified most of our trains and the train terminus (used intentionally for the Walking Dead reference) is in the City of Adelaide proper right in the "green zone". There is going to be a rail extension to our major Southern Area hospital with major north/south arterial road developments along South Road. Also electric tram lines from the "green zone" to the beach area of Glenelg which can be used as a beach port because of the jetty.

My expectation (again in the context of this scenario) is that there would be a staged withdrawal into the defensible area of the cult's compound and then consolidation of ecosystem services in the "green zone". After the general contraction of the population in the wider Adelaide Plains and a period of stability and reconfiguration of infrastructure electric/water/medical/food/logistics/etc there would be a staged expansion to incorporate useful surrounding features of the landscape and facilities such as additional mocap studios and satellite "green zones" as dormitory suburbs and service facilities like ports and other hospitals.

In this collapse scenario people outside the cult compound become cheap/disposable; much cheaper than equipment. And they self organise. You just have to keep them alive at a subsistence level and they'll work for basic videogame services (ships/fuel) just to keep playing. The foragers I envisage may not even have to be that smart so the forays out in the "red zone" could be entirely without atmospheric assistance. The cultists are expendable, after all.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm telling you, if these people are that outraged at derek smart criticizing their dumb game just imagine how frenzied they'll be when it's evident crobberts pissed away all their money and mislead them for years

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

MinorInconvenience posted:

I agree, that was some really amateur research. He didn't even get into how you can cross-reference her publicly available health records with her 2014 tax refunds in order to calculate the brand of milk she buys.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

thatguy posted:

I agree, that was some really amateur research. He didn't even get into how you can cross-reference her publicly available health records with her 2014 tax refunds in order to calculate the brand of milk she buys.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

fukken love me some sideboob.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

what if crobberts spends his life on the run like henry hill but instead of hiding from the mob it's bunny men and guys who crap on space toilets

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/882615138259537920

Too many to list, but maybe the way your commando T-pose's and then clips through the doors that don't work after 5 years.

:lol:

Subtle detail? Heck yeah!

I love that after 5 years every single detail can mean something totally different to another person! Almost like nobody knows what to expect and nobody knows what's coming!

I love the subtle way that a ton of features are promised for release x.xx, and as time goes on these features are subtlety removed. Of course x.xx still comes out, but it's basically just a barely functional patch for what's already there and they still cheer because x.xx came out and all the big stuff was really promised for x.zx and you're a fool if you thought otherwise.

I love the subtle way MoMA constantly trolls even though he probably doesn't own a single thing Star Citizen, but he can get 30 pages of people going crazy because he talks about his investment, then sits back and vanishes or prods.

I love the subtle way "actual progress expected from a professional studio" has been replaced with "progress an illiterate can make with CryEngine" because instead of have expectations, people are happy if Star Citizen just doesn't loving crash for 5 minutes during an arena session with 7 people on the same "MMO" server.

I love the subtle way the Roberts constantly out themselves as either not caring, not working on, not understanding, and not being aware of anything that's happening with the product that made them millionaires while everybody just turns away and pretends to not notice.

And lastly, I love all the motion capture. All the loving motion capture! Replace code with motion capture. Replace all the gameplay mechanics with motion capture. loving motion capture people capturing motion capture so it can be an ouroboros of motion capture.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Star Citizen: Ouroboros of motion capture sucking itself

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Percelus posted:

i'm telling you, if these people are that outraged at derek smart criticizing their dumb game just imagine how frenzied they'll be when it's evident crobberts pissed away all their money and mislead them for years

Not gonna happen. They'd have to admit they were wrong.

Instead it'll be someone else's fault.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Tone Loc once said "if he'd said nothin', I'd have thought nothin'"

Liars enter into a tacit agreement with people at large, implying that they are willing to test your scrutiny against their own narrative. Decorum does not extend to deceit.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MilesK posted:

I suspect AdzAdama doesn't like the new space coffin, he's only made one half-assed photoshop, compared to the dozens he's made of the other space bike.

I like this one though.

I love AdzAdama. He's probably the second best thing outside of the stimpire guy to come out of Star Citizen. He's connected to a whole new level of Spectrum nobody else can come close to.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/bang_frkn_chow/status/882551213505495040

This is almost Adz Adama fan art territory, just needs a few more poorly cut and pasted CIG and RSI logos.

Don't mean to be rude but for some reason I feel like this should be captioned "popping a boner" because that's what it looks like. Unless I'm totally wrong and the box doesn't go forwards the way the box is supposed to go and actually flies vertically like the direction of the laser.

Sorry guys I haven't watched a single video about this greatest ship of the week sale.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MinorInconvenience posted:

:thejoke:

at least i very much hope so

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/882689547590565888

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

spacetoaster posted:

The date on that one was June 10th 2017. Sooooooo

Then it's literally hilarious that they keep saying "keep doing what you're doing". They aren't paying enough for these apparently.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

the gameplay fidelity just keeps layering on

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is exactly the sort of detail an MMO is going to have. They don't do this today though because nobody ever thought "well what if we just use the high detail models we make for normal maps for everything?"

And for that, thanks you Chris Roberts. I'm confident your product will be the best thing ever because nobody ever just stopped and said "well what if we do anyway???" while stomping their foot and also not understanding what they were talking about.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Not gonna happen. They'd have to admit they were wrong.

Instead it'll be someone else's fault.

If anything, they'll rationalise it as being their fault for not giving him more and allowing him to piss that away too compete is oeuvre.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Ghostlight posted:

No, you need to accelerate TOWARDS the black dox with thrusters on max, then skim around the edge of the dox event horizon.