Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nice copied shark.

Tracing Referencing is a time-honored tradition of many a comic artist facing deadlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The wood pallets are made off aren't exactly known for their structural integrity. Most of them I have seen are best used as firewood and even then they are a bit poo poo at that.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Especially on their side. They're only designed for vertical strength in the first place. :stare:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oohhboy posted:

The wood pallets are made off aren't exactly known for their structural integrity. Most of them I have seen are best used as firewood and even then they are a bit poo poo at that.

The actual EUR pallet(s) will do just fine but seems like most of them are just euro-pallet sized and probably not built up to the standard.

e: I say standard but it's like 30 standards.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The best thing about standards is that there's so many to choose from

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

The best thing about standards is that there's so many to choose from

No I mean an EPAL pallet must adhere to like 30 standards all at once.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Jerry Cotton posted:

No I mean an EPAL pallet must adhere to like 30 standards all at once.

You aren't kidding.

Wikipedia posted:

The EUR-pallet's dimensions are defined in the following standards:

ISO 445 Pallets for materials handling - Vocabulary (ISO 445:2008)
ISO 3676 Packaging–Unit Load Sizes–Dimensions
ISO 3394 Dimensions of Rigid Rectangular Packages, Transport Packages.
ISO 8611-1 Pallets for materials handling
ISO 8611-1 Pallets for materials handling—Flat pallets—Part 1: Test methods
ISO 8611-2 Pallets for materials handling—Flat pallets—Part 2: Performance requirements and selection of tests
ISO 12776 Pallets—Slip sheets
ISO 12777-1 Methods of test for pallet joints
ISO 12777-1 Methods of test for pallet joints - Part 1: Determination of bending resistance of pallet nails, other dowel-type fasteners and staples
ISO 12777-2 Methods of test for pallet joints - Part 2: Determination of withdrawal and head pull-through resistance of pallet nails and staples
ISO 12777-3 Methods of test for pallet joints - Part 3: Determination of strength of pallet joints
ISO 15629 Pallets for materials handling—Quality of fasteners for assembly of new and repair of used, flat, wooden pallets
ISO 18334 Pallets for materials handling—Quality of assembly of new wooden pallets
ISO 18613 Repair of flat wooden pallets
EN 13626 Packaging - Box pallets - General requirements and test methods
EN 13382 Flat pallets for materials handling - Principal dimensions
EN 13698-1 Pallet production specification
EN 13698-1 Pallet production specification - Part 1: Construction specification for 800 mm x 1200 mm flat wooden pallets
EN 13698-2 Pallet production specification - Part 2: Construction specification for 1 000 mm x 1 200 mm flat wooden pallets
EN 15512 Steel static storage systems - Adjustable pallet racking systems - Principles for structural design
EN 15620 Steel static storage systems - Adjustable pallet racking - Tolerances, deformations and clearances
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EUR-pallet

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Considering all the things seen in this thread that can't possibly be construed as a negative.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

oohhboy posted:

or is there some stupid "right to work" going on?

Home Depot isn't unionized, so, no. It has nothing to do with "right to work."

Brutulf
Nov 7, 2009
Edit: Never mind. Already posted...

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Jet Jaguar posted:

The worried "It's looking for a ground!" and then backing away quickly: we're they a lot closer to an arc than you ever want to be?

The power output from a HiPot while still dangerous (current and voltage-wise) it's is pretty limited compared to what's in an arc flash. A properly designed device should intrinsically limit current when a fault occurs. We're talking about maybe several amps jumping a gap versus tens of thousands of amps.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MisterOblivious posted:

Home Depot isn't unionized, so, no. It has nothing to do with "right to work."

I think a lot of folks get confused byt the distinction between "at will" employment and "right to work"

both of these things are also pretty much designed to royally gently caress you as an employee but i thinkl they are referring more to "at will" employment

Hey you voted for X huh, well you arent working out here... no no these things arent related at all.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
While 'Right to Work' laws primarily target unions, in Texas (and many other states I'm to understand) they also roll up a 'Right to Fire Your rear end for any reason'.

E: Here, Let me illustrate Sneaky's point...

Moto42 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 5, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moto42 posted:

While 'Right to Work' laws primarily target unions, in Texas (and many other states I'm to understand) they also roll up a 'Right to Fire Your rear end for any reason'.

that would be the "at will" part that lets me fire you for wearing a my little pony shirt

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
Yup, See edit.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moto42 posted:

Yup, See edit.

Awww.

I thought you were going to :beck: up a cool chalkboard picture.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

wearing a my little pony shirt

Absolutely a fireable offense. Probably written into the contract if youre union too.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hotel I'm at is under new management and they put banners over the old signs, but what's the best thing to tie them off to? How about the firefighter hookups?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

MausoleumExtremist posted:

Hotel I'm at is under new management and they put banners over the old signs, but what's the best thing to tie them off to? How about the firefighter hookups?
At least they tied them to the test hookups (used by technicians to test the system and not in emergencies) vs the actual standpipe system.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Boiled Water posted:

Considering all the things seen in this thread that can't possibly be construed as a negative.

It shouldn't. Having lots of rules is what keeps both people and goods safe.

e: It's still a free market because you can simply choose not to use EPAL containers and buy lovely ones instead :shrug:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dexter6 posted:

At least they tied them to the test hookups (used by technicians to test the system and not in emergencies) vs the actual standpipe system.

Like the people tying them have any idea what those are.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/882690718275436544

Ballsy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I'll lol forever if the Kim dynasty dies in the nedlin disaster 2.0

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/5nTeECl.gifv

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'll lol forever if the Kim dynasty dies in the nedlin disaster 2.0

Kim Yo-jong is the younger sister of Jong-un and apparently she's even nastier than he is.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Memento posted:

Kim Yo-jong is the younger sister of Jong-un and apparently she's even nastier than he is.

Ms Juche if you nasty

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sure nothing bad will happen here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Anyone fancy a game of jenga?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you can't handle 500lbs of pop landing on your had, maybe you don't deserve to live in 'murica

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Powershift posted:

If you can't handle 500lbs of pop landing on your had, maybe you don't deserve to live in 'murica

Are you trying to start a fight?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are you trying to start a fight?

Pop is actually the more popular term in the important swing states, and those are the only ones that matter

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
It's a soda-water or coke.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

blugu64 posted:

It's a soda-water or coke.

Coke as a generic term has always boggled me. It's a distinct soda not like a qtip or a bandaid.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it's not that crazy, in the UK people called vacuum cleaners Hoovers for the longest time.

also Heroin is the brand name but people use that to describe any sort of junk they can get their hands on

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

DiggityDoink posted:

Coke as a generic term has always boggled me. It's a distinct soda not like a qtip or a bandaid.

Being from Texas, I just adapted to using it, and I worked at McDonald's, so it was doubly confusing for some of my out of town customers.

:) Let me get number one and a large Coke.
:downs: ok, and what kind Coke do you want?
:confused: ... A Coke?
:downs: ok your total will be 4.10 at the first window.
:confused: ... Ok.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

JFairfax posted:

it's not that crazy, in the UK people called vacuum cleaners Hoovers for the longest time.

Yeah but this is like if people in the UK used the term "Hoover" for vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops, dusters, toilet brushes, and any other cleaning product on a stick.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Wasabi the J posted:

Being from Texas, I just adapted to using it, and I worked at McDonald's, so it was doubly confusing for some of my out of town customers.

:) Let me get number one and a large Coke.
:downs: ok, and what kind Coke do you want?
:confused: ... A Coke?
:downs: ok your total will be 4.10 at the first window.
:confused: ... Ok.

If this occurs in Florida, they'll then proceed to hand you a Diet Coke.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
vacuum cleaners are not cleaning products on a stick

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

JFairfax posted:

vacuum cleaners are not cleaning products on a stick

i bet you think a hot dog isn't a sandwich either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

DiggityDoink posted:

Wait, aren't those distinct brands as well, even if they've become the generic term for cotton swabs and bandages respectively? Those might not be the best examples to use...