Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

thank you based kobewade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Please don't trade Avery, Danny. I'm fine with loosing Smart and Jae though

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

speaking of my finnish friend cant find laurie markkanenn or w/e the gently caress on the bulls summer roster what is up bulls posters?? save a finn

R.D. Mangles posted:

BONEFOOT COMIN'

:thunk:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

our sweet finnish child didnt know who sam cassell was and cant read either its horrific

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MEN LIE WOMEN LIE BUCKETS DNT

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Cam Payne finally going to win that summer league championship he's been destined for

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

our sweet finnish child didnt know who sam cassell was and cant read either its horrific

An upbringing devoid of knowledge of The Big Balls Dance smh

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hahaha I love this

https://twitter.com/1280Spence/status/882760283659399169

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dion's the best mug of the year. Wade's throat slash is up there, especially since it cost him 25 grand, the $25,000 mean mug. Post your top 2016-17 mean mugs.
http://imgur.com/gBxgH91

this was enough to win me over for the Three Alphas for like 3 months

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

https://gfycat.com/WelcomeGraveBantamrooster

gently caress is wrong with you boy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I've got some questions and have been busy all day today. Is adding Hayward a big positive for Boston if they have to dispose of Bradley, Smart, and Crowder (and Olynyk already gone).

Where does Hayward lineup with Tatum and Brown the two top 3 SFs they've drafted two years in a row before spending all their free agency dollars on a third one?

I'm really confused by their roster right now but assume it will make sense somehow by the season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/poundingtherock/status/882762609182867456

Get Well Soon Tony

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

The mug is mean but the tiny superfluous third arm is just plain goofy

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They don't need to dump all three, they're just gauging interest to see which one gets the best return

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

i'm spo's face as he reads this

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

leftist heap posted:

Nick Young is gonna have to play what, 5-10 significant minutes a game in the Finals? Everything else is gravy. He is a warm body to put on the floor and not blow a lead after the starters put them up 20-30 points in the first half of regular season games.

They are going to teach Swaggy how to run around a zillion screens,

it going turn him into Klay Thompson part II,

he's going to get a huge contract from someone else after next year,

and he's immediately going to revert into the iso chucker he really is

It is all preordained

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

The mug is mean but the tiny superfluous third arm is just plain goofy

and why is he giving off a sieg heil with it. hosed up dwyane

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone that's better at the cap, is it true that if Hayward just took 500k less, they don't have to trade Smart?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The Warriors got better and that's definitely not what I thought would be happening.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This...is fine...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bashez posted:

The Warriors got better and that's definitely not what I thought would be happening.

Nobody expected KD's $10 million pay cut.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Thanks for the well wishes fellas the doc said the surgery went well. I gotta not stress or exert myself for awhile which I think is the medical term for watching the knicks with an open heart. But yeah I'm not cloaking before dolan does gently caress that

gently caress yea that's great!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Libertine posted:

I've got some questions and have been busy all day today. Is adding Hayward a big positive for Boston if they have to dispose of Bradley, Smart, and Crowder (and Olynyk already gone).

Where does Hayward lineup with Tatum and Brown the two top 3 SFs they've drafted two years in a row before spending all their free agency dollars on a third one?

I'm really confused by their roster right now but assume it will make sense somehow by the season.

Hayward plays both wing spots

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

we have an answer

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882773040341430272

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Thanks for the well wishes fellas the doc said the surgery went well. I gotta not stress or exert myself for awhile which I think is the medical term for watching the knicks with an open heart. But yeah I'm not cloaking before dolan does gently caress that

GOOD poo poo HOME BOY

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://youtu.be/o_UZRmQOHCE

Forgot how fully sick that kobewade three-into-flex was lmfao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spacebump posted:

Nobody expected KD's $10 million pay cut.

Really? cuz he said he'd be taking less if it helped the team re-sign Iggy/Livingston like a month before the season ended. I'm just glad Clark is gone, that he was replaced with Young and Casspi is amazing. McGee and Pachulia are expected to re-sign, too.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

:)

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Bashez posted:

They ought to add a Mayan rule that the winning team get to go to the top of the Washington Monument and get their beating hearts torn out and tossed into a golden hoop. I imagine that would solve those ring chasing bitches.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

warcrimes posted:

Really? cuz he said he'd be taking less if it helped the team re-sign Iggy/Livingston like a month before the season ended. I'm just glad Clark is gone, that he was replaced with Young and Casspi is amazing. McGee and Pachulia are expected to re-sign, too.

People expected that but they didn't expect it to be that much, particularly since at a certain point all it did was save the owner some money

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

warcrimes posted:

He didn't need to take a pay cut that large to keep Iggy and Livingston, so yeah it was unexpected.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it didn't help the team re-sign iggy and livingston because they everyone's bird rights. it doesn't help the team sign anyone else because they're over the cap either way. the only net effect is durant making $10M less and lacob paying $25M less.

either durant decided to do lacob a favor or lacob blackmailed him into taking less by saying he wouldn't resign iggy or livingston if he had to pay a big luxury tax bill.

it sets a bad precedent to expect players to take massive discounts to help nobody but the owner

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 6, 2017

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

vaginal facsimile posted:

Please don't trade Avery, Danny. I'm fine with loosing Smart and Jae though

He's a RFA after next season isn't he? I could see a few teams throwing $20 million at him, Philly comes to mind. Can Boston afford him?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's ufa iirc

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

jae chowdah would be a really good return on that situation for them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm unironically excited to see kobe wade lead Miami to an upset over the Cavs this playoffs

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Was kinda hoping Crowder would net an additional return rather than just be tossed in to make it work.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Was kinda hoping Crowder would net an additional return rather than just be tossed in to make it work.

He would and should but i feel most contenders are tapped on 1st rounders.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/882785260840210433

Tatum had a nice night again :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882790853172920321

• Locked thread