Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

idk zoo rules i aint a zoologist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zuck talking earnestly about UBI was interesting today. I still think he's an rear end in a top hat but that was a positive for said rear end in a top hat.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Business Gorillas posted:

Holy smokes I went into the GBS CNN thread and I had no idea gbs became diet reddit

the photoshop thread is good tho?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

she pops into nctv every now and again I'll keep u posted if she ever finds one

if there were funko pops of posters in this thread, she's easily be in wave two

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Idk everyone wants to say that Zuck is the same as Trump except X, but at least one of those X factors is the fact that he would appoint 0 of the Bannon, Miller, Gorka et. al. types to positions so I'd at least get out to the polls on a Trump v Zuck ticket :shrug:

I think pinning down what type of toxic shitbags he would appoint is a pretty interesting thought experiment tbh

More people should vote in primaries. Even with everything that came out against Bernie Sanders, it was a lot more democratic than I expected. I wonder how many of these "lesser of the two evils" people don't bother voting in primaries either

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
mmm yes I can't wait to have a "one of the good ones" millionaire neolib getting nothing done anyone wants instead of comedy option pissfucker TRUMP

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

Zuck talking earnestly about UBI was interesting today. I still think he's an rear end in a top hat but that was a positive for said rear end in a top hat.

crazy that a billionaire would preach a progressive thang like maybe hes pro single payer too thatd be cool im sure hes gonna keep his word billionaires dont lie

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
how can we disrupt the welfare space

nah but seriously out of the 2020 probables Zuck is the most qualified of the unqualifieds, but I'd still vote for him over Trump and The Rock over Zuck.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

cumshitter posted:

i still think its hilarious that oprah tricked the million little pieces guy into coming on her show so she could rip his throat out for ruining the sanctity of the oprah book club

also gently caress oprah she is responsible for dr. phile and dr. oz. i am pretty sure dr phil is closted because theres a great episode where he helps some woman who just cant get a man and sets her up on a date. he watches the date through special glasses he gives her and an ear mic. then he sits outside in some kind of tactical truck

he gets super into it and starts breathlessly whispering "yeah.... yeah... laugh at his joke, flick your hair. tell him hes handsome"

Same

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nichael posted:

Fun Thought Exercise: how does the left organize if they can no longer do so through labor

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

holy smokes

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
we're so close to nuclear holocaust, give him 4 more years to achieve megadeath, we might all finally die - me, 2020, advocating against zuck

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

already defendin the zuck im p much nostrildumbass

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

I hope Twitter friend from this morning is olay

stay safe ATC inside scoop haver Twitter ghost

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

galenanorth posted:

More people should vote in primaries. Even with everything that came out against Bernie Sanders, it was a lot more democratic than I expected. I wonder how many of these "lesser of the two evils" people don't bother voting in primaries either
what's laughable about the idea of people voting multiple times is people don't even vote once a cycle, much less twice for the primary and the general. why would anyone vote over and over again? no one is motivated for that poo poo

Turdfuzz posted:

crazy that a billionaire would preach a progressive thang like maybe hes pro single payer too thatd be cool im sure hes gonna keep his word billionaires dont lie
I'm not quite cucked for Zuck, you don't need to convince me that he is a bad. I think he's better than anything the Republicans put up because they're a terrorist organization.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

cumshitter posted:

i still think its hilarious that oprah tricked the million little pieces guy into coming on her show so she could rip his throat out for ruining the sanctity of the oprah book club

this owned a lot tbh

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fun Thought Exercise: how does the left organize if they can no longer do so through labor

world of warcraft clans?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Gringostar posted:

she had concrete plans, but they were either lovely neoliberalism plans or compromises to appeal to the center (which is the same thing) when what she should have done was to go after the dem base and youth vote by talking about the actual progressive plans she had instead of just going :lol: trump bad

i'm reading that book Shattered, aka the autopsy of the Clinton campaign

honestly it should have dawned on everyone like immediately that they were in deep poo poo the way that loving thing was structured

so much infighting and nobody had the final say on anything. a literal organizational disaster

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

weed bakesales

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Turdfuzz posted:

already defendin the zuck im p much nostrildumbass

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I'd vote green or American autist party or something instead of Zuck because who cares who loving cares

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

'_'

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nichael posted:

what's laughable about the idea of people voting multiple times is people don't even vote once a cycle, much less twice for the primary and the general. why would anyone vote over and over again? no one is motivated for that poo poo

I'm not quite cucked for Zuck, you don't need to convince me that he is a bad. I think he's better than anything the Republicans put up because they're a terrorist organization.

Crazy thing is that the GOP has yanked their party to the right via primaries and if leftists gave a poo poo about participating the Dems could be pulled left by primarying bad incumbents in safe D districts.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

we're so close to nuclear holocaust, give him 4 more years to achieve megadeath, we might all finally die - me, 2020, advocating against zuck

I lust for nuclear death

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
zuck would get hosed in the political arena for the same reason donnie is: he's a weird intransigent outsider what doesn't know gently caress about how things go, who's palms to grease, and how to tell turtle to choke on a plastic straw.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I only saw the campaign as a field organizer but it was hosed at that level too. people burned out fast as gently caress because they were using obamas two runs as a measuring stick and NO ONE was giving a gently caress like they did then. state directed techniques were hosed and stupid and a mesh of fearmongering/checkthewebsite it was loving hell and i'll work for vermin supreme before i spend one more hour on some neolib fuckboi

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

idgaf about zucks experience points

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FAUXTON posted:

Crazy thing is that the GOP has yanked their party to the right via primaries and if leftists gave a poo poo about participating the Dems could be pulled left by primarying bad incumbents in safe D districts.

Don't forget the billions of dark money and a party structure that wasn't changed in 1968 to prevent this kind of thing from happening

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

People need to loving vote. They don't due to a mixture of apathy, a culture that implicitly frowns on the act, GOP voter disenfranchisement, and literal Russian interference. There is nothing that can be done if people do not vote.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

run as a republican saying you wanna fix all obamas terrible mistakes and truly take care of people with single player because he hated america and wouldn't give it to the people bing bing bong so simply

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i say we chuck zuck in the suck truck

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Hello I give speeches to the KKK please be sad that I might die.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

run as a republican saying you wanna fix all obamas terrible mistakes and truly take care of people with single player because he hated america and wouldn't give it to the people bing bing bong so simply

literally what trump did

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Donny: I'll make all of your wildest dreams come true if you vote for me.
Pundits: This brash outsider really knows how to connect with the common man. They feel like they can trust him!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Admiral Ray posted:

zuck would get hosed in the political arena for the same reason donnie is: he's a weird intransigent outsider what doesn't know gently caress about how things go, who's palms to grease, and how to tell turtle to choke on a plastic straw.

To Zuck's credit, I am much more confident in his ability to figure these things out than I am with the old Donster. The "Trump's learning on the job!" thing would hold more water with Zuck, but I still think it's hosed that people are OK with a president coming in who doesn't actually know how to operate in a political climate.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

i say we chuck zuck in the suck truck

okay.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hello I give speeches to the KKK please be sad that I might die.

okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

who drives the suck truck

• Locked thread