Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Spla2n Direct in less than 2 hours!

Also I think there's a ton of stuff dropping on the eShop today but most of it is probably Shovelware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Apparently for Pacman Vs in the upcoming Namco Museum title for Switch, you do need 2 Switches for 4-player mode, but only 1 copy of the game.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/namco-museum-details-pac-man-vs-plays-switch-free-app-eshop-download-play/

There will be a free app for Download Play on the eShop.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Everytime the Switch thread gets a bit nutty, it gets an equally nutty thread title. I do this for other threads too.

VideoGames don't act you know this is the best thread in the Games subfourm because it contains all of us inside like some kind of hellish island of the insane and damned

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Looking forward to playing as Shantae in Blaster Master later today. :yoshi:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is she gonna kiss Eve at the end???

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dr. VooDoo posted:

VideoGames don't act you know this is the best thread in the Games subfourm because it contains all of us inside like some kind of hellish island of the insane and damned

It's the Lament Configuration, and any other goon who solves its puzzle damns themselves to an eternity of wondering When Is Stardew.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Oh hey Platinum Games new twitter is tweeting neat pict-
https://mobile.twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/882798952407416832
:stare:

Don't play me like this with Bayo and W101, Platinum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Spla2n Direct in less than 2 hours!

I'm betting it'll be announcing the Splat2n coloured joycons for release everywhere, which will be nice.

Betting they didn't want to announce them too close to the yellow arms joycon release

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd also put good money on another Global Testfire soon to get everyone hype for launch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
NINTENDO! Use this direct... stardew...? when?!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Stardon't.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stardew Valley is lovely, friends.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

NINTENDO! Use this direct... stardew...? when?!

It is coming out the week after SMW.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Heck I feel this way about Games as a whole. We're all a little bit country.

EDIT: Oh my word the avatar is even better than I thought it would be!!! I am so happy :D

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Stardew Valley is lovely, friends.

Get a load of this horrible opinion.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i had a dream that i was playing a brand new pokemon game on my switch and it had a really elaborate and cool opening credits sequence that was, for whatever reason, set to crystal ball by styx

when i woke up, my pillow was gone

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Save Earth.Gif

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Please don't kinkshame Australia, some of us live here

Checked the JAPANESE FOR GOODNESS SAKES eShop, hope you're looking forward to Super Ping Pong Ball!
If that sounds like bargain basement shovelware to you, you obviously don't know how far down the barrel actually goes.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 6, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goddammit, Infinitum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's not a loving slur, its an abbreviation :ughh:

Anyway here's the shovelware trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZKDLvYy1k

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Anyway here's the shovelware trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZKDLvYy1k

That's all well and good, but when is Bad Rats Show coming to Switch?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
But for real, if we don't find out When Stardew by like September, I'm just buying the PC version like God probably intended.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Dude, we have had this whole conversation before and all you need to do is not use it. It might not be considered that way in AUS but it certainly is by the Japanese folks in other English speaking countries. The least you can do is use JPN which is what I see elsewhere when differentiating between regions. Please respect that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

has Devils Fourth been announced yet or is that a cool dudes pipe dream

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

Dude, we have had this whole conversation before and all you need to do is not use it. It might not be considered that way in AUS but it certainly is by the Japanese folks in other English speaking countries. The least you can do is use JPN which is what I see elsewhere when differentiating between regions. Please respect that.

JPN is the common abbreviation, yes.

Infinitum posted:

It's been a slur since WW2 at the very least. This is not a new thing by a long stretch.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I remember we used to call Japanese Pokemon cards that slur that Infinitum is defending to the death and it took one adult explaining why we shouldn't say that for us to never say it again. I was 9.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
idk guys, i think its funny to rehash this same exact scenario that happened in the last thread

e: infinitum, can you link youre reddit account? you deserve le gold for this level of humor

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Heads up to anyone that lives near a Meijer. They have a 50% off MPerks(their rewards/digital coupon program) coupon for any Wii or Wii U game. Got Yoshi's Woolly World with Pink Amiibo for $15

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please, everyone, can we not start the huge derail again. I think we have all said what needs to be said and I'd like to return to the jokey and non nutty again!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think the real topic at hand is Callie or Marie

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

i highly recommend Neo Turf Masters for your long flight with your Nintendo Switch.

Reported! Also informally reported the other two posters. Enjoy exile scrubs.

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 6, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anidav posted:

I think the real topic at hand is Callie or Marie

Marie forever.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Marie forever.

:yeah:

I like them both but if I had to choose it's a very easy choice

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 6, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

EpicNemesis posted:

Reported! Also informally reported the other two posters. Enjoy exile scrubs.

I just misced the reports because I love and recommend Neo Turf Masters :getin:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Are Callie and Marie ghosts? They are doing spooky ghost hands.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not sure which one is which I just mash the button to skip their dialogue as fast as possible

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite part about the W101 teaser image is the fact Green and Black have W101 on their jackets

During the first game they all had W100, the 101 didn't happen until the epilogue so I'm choosing to hope for a sequel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JP is also a commonly used abbreviation and a whole letter shorter!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

In ten minutes we'll all float down here

Float as squids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wendell posted:

Are Callie and Marie ghosts? They are doing spooky ghost hands.

Those are squid hands, because they are Squid Sisters :eng101:.

Also Callie Supremacy Forever! :patriot:

• Locked thread