Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

blue footed boobie posted:

Number one need is a central midfielder. That was the biggest weakness all of last season after Cazorla went down, and now he's actually dead.

I agree, but I am not convinced Wenger does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
i would like my team the boro boys to sign some footballers.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Weren't the Arse supposed to be sniffing around Goretzka?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Xhaka is a decent ball playing midfielder now Wenger realised he isn't a defensive midfielder. He and Ramsey had a good pairing at the end of the season which pains me because I'd rather sell Ramsey.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Xhaka might be coming into his own now, I definitely hope so, but he's not a Cazorla-type player.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Rumour has it that United will hijack the "Lukaku back to Chelsea deal". £100 million for Romelu Lukaka, lmao

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If Chelsea are selling Costa then they'll stump up the cash for Lukaku. Can't imagine he'd want to play under Mourinho again anyway.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wengy could have signed lacazette for £16m 3 years ago which is what newcastle were quoted so they signed Riviere instead

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Xhaka is a decent ball playing midfielder now Wenger realised he isn't a defensive midfielder. He and Ramsey had a good pairing at the end of the season which pains me because I'd rather sell Ramsey.

Send him home to Wales tia

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

shut up blegum posted:

Rumour has it that United will hijack the "Lukaku back to Chelsea deal". £100 million for Romelu Lukaka, lmao

£100mil + wayne rooney

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lukaku is on target to beat shearer's record like Kane £100m is a fair price

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40516483

£75m for Lukaku agreed between United and Everton.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Eau de MacGowan posted:

£100mil + wayne rooney

£75m, looks like you were right.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Lot 49 posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40516483

£75m for Lukaku agreed between United and Everton.

love Lukaku since his albion days

i think once you start talking silly money for morata its better to go with the proven premier league player

Blue Star Error posted:

£75m, looks like you were right.

nice

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Will they send him out on a loan asap?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Are United basically giving up on Tony Marshall? Wengy should sign him for a cut-rate price

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

curried lamb of God posted:

Are United basically giving up on Tony Marshall? Wengy should sign him for a cut-rate price

Wenger's got enough players that can't make it into the french team.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
So what's Conte gonna do now?
I thought Lukaku was to be the replacement for Costa after he chased him out of the club.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

curried lamb of God posted:

Are United basically giving up on Tony Marshall?

Yeah, it's a real head scratcher. Martial's numbers weren't great last year, but that's no wonder considering he's been shunted out onto the wings and had limited game time. I don't think he's flourishing under Mourinho's bizarre "I'll call you a soft oval office in the papers until you harden the gently caress up" man management strategy, and I'm not surprised.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Mourinho isn't a big fan of Martial but he won't sell him cheap, especially not to Wenger.

Also Martial is a winger at the moment so it's not like Lukaku would effect his game time. He does want to play upfront but Arsenal just bought their own expensive striker.

edit: Oh yeah and I wouldn't blame Mourinho for Martial playing poorly last season. He was the same at the Euros. His personal life went to poo poo at the end of the 15/16 season. He was married to like his only girlfriend ever but cheated on her. She left and took the kids and now they say horrible things about each other on twitter and instagram. It's pretty hosed up and has been affecting his performances quite a bit imo.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 6, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/kirkkorner/stat...s-live-13288652

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah, it's a real head scratcher. Martial's numbers weren't great last year, but that's no wonder considering he's been shunted out onto the wings and had limited game time. I don't think he's flourishing under Mourinho's bizarre "I'll call you a soft oval office in the papers until you harden the gently caress up" man management strategy, and I'm not surprised.

martials best games season before last were coming in off the left

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

£75M is quite a lot of money but as long as he's slightly better than two Andy Carrols or one and a half Chelsea-era Fernando Torreses it's probably fine.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lol that 2 Utd players are going to be worth more than the combined bottom 5 teams entire squads.

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...
I'm pretty stoked for Lukaku + no Rooney.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/chris_ultrabeat/status/882880408207204352

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Lol that 2 Utd players are going to be worth more than the combined bottom 5 teams entire squads.

even funnier is that United weren't even a top 5 team

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Roque Mesa for £11m is a done deal and signing of the season imho

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/882924721167314945

Iborra from Sevilla to Leicester for ~£10.5m is a done deal

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

He's worth more imo

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I'll be sad if he ends up at United because I like watching him play and I can't handle a full season of watching Mourinho-ball. Do the needful, Chelsea, you horrible fucklords.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

R. Mute posted:

I'll be sad if he ends up at United because I like watching him play and I can't handle a full season of watching Mourinho-ball. Do the needful, Chelsea, you horrible fucklords.

Might want to read the rest of the page before you post buddy

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Everton are denying there's a deal in place and are maybe hoping Chelsea will swoop in with an even larger bag of cash. It's been a while since I posted in one of these but I don't see a bolded done deal anywhere so

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
BBC have changed their headline to "Man Utd say £75m deal has been agreed, but Everton say no deal has been reached"

Some moron must have jumped the gun at Utd to brief the media, not surprised. Everton are probably hoping Chelsea will come in with £80m.

Decent signing, but I was pretty set on Morata. Similar price, one is PL proven, the other is more well rounded. :thunk:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

PirateBob posted:

the other is more well rounded.

I thought Rooney was leaving?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
https://twitter.com/TheAnalysisVids/status/775439569265254400

:thunk:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The highest of authorities, United's club photographer, is tweeting that United have Lukaku. Andy Mitten too.

https://twitter.com/CraigNorwood/status/882893203137015808

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

when your getting 20+ every season it doesnt really matter if you have the first touch of a rapist

i never noticed it when he was at the albion tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Thirteenth Step posted:

when your getting 20+ every season it doesnt really matter if you have the first touch of a rapist

i never noticed it when he was at the albion tbh

strange, not even when taking a poo poo?

• Locked thread