Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Got a mass email from university career services in my alumni mailbox that was a followup of another email from a year ago. Some guy (who I looked up on LinkedIn, he's a Director of IT e-commerce at a global hospitality company) was thinly veiling his disgust that he go no takers for some pet-project of his:

quote:

Dear Ms. [Career Services Director]:
Back in September I wrote to you about seeking a student of yours who may wish to help me build a web site. I never heard back, and just wanted to ask again. After all, I find it hard to believe that none of them would like to earn extra cash doing something that they may often do for pleasure.
I thank you for your time.
~[Guy]

Original email included no info on expected pay, required time, desired skills, and was a giant wall of text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

so by "help me build a web site" he clearly means "build the whole thing and give me 70%all of the profit while you work for minimum wagepay me for the privilege"

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I have no idea, the original email includes the text:

quote:

My website vision is this:
Imagine a web site such as those used by retailers, with various filters and internal search engine capabilities. E-Bay is a good example.
The difference is that with my web site, there is nothing to purchase. Instead, it is a depository for student papers that others from around the world can read.

I have no idea if this thing is supposed to make money or what.

Mostly lol tho @ doing webdev for pleasure. I do webdev on hobby projects when I need a browser interface to the actually fun stuff to make dude.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Stymie posted:

lol it really must make things tough when one of your coworkers doesn't give it their all coding enterprise-grade fart apps

basically you're a megachump if you care about someone else's work performance if they aren't in danger of killing someone

I am filled with hatred and being a laborer is 100% to blame. Lol thanks Stewie it's great that your attendance is 100% but I produce 250-300% of the end product that you do every single loving day over the course of 52 work weeks. Get hosed and gently caress the company for not paying us piece meal I loving hate it here. Something I wish I would have said to that employer after month one of building and testing arcade cabinets.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

It feels good to :just post:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I thought this forum was only for white collar computer touchers.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
"thanks, you're good but we went with someone else"

job hunting is garbage

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ADINSX posted:

I think there is an unspoken trust I have in all my friends and coworkers that they won't sleep with my wife and if that trust was broken I'd have good reason not to trust them with other things

what does your wife think about that, since it would be her decision and not yours

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
lol @ going to the mat for a ~23yo kid tho

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

havent heard a peep posted:

I am filled with hatred and being a laborer is 100% to blame. Lol thanks Stewie it's great that your attendance is 100% but I produce 250-300% of the end product that you do every single loving day over the course of 52 work weeks. Get hosed and gently caress the company for not paying us piece meal I loving hate it here. Something I wish I would have said to that employer after month one of building and testing arcade cabinets.

you worked too hard and it's someone else's fault somehow?

sounds to me like you're a megachump

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sounds like stewie did less work and got paid the same as you which means he's better at business

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Stymie posted:

what does your wife think about that, since it would be her decision and not yours

It would also be the decision of the person sleeping with her, and like I said, I trust my friends and coworkers not to make that decision even if she's into it

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

god drat it i quoted a stymie

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ADINSX posted:

It would also be the decision of the person sleeping with her, and like I said, I trust my friends and coworkers not to make that decision even if she's into it

oh okay, you're not involved in that process in any way

then perhaps you shouldn't act like it's a betrayal of you since you're utterly uninvolved

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

ADINSX posted:

god drat it i quoted a stymie

don't make eye contact with the stymie

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"i expect my friends and coworkers to not steal my possessions, like my wife"

i guess if something goes missing in the office and you suspect a coworker, better keep ol' wifey away lest her heart be stolen away as well

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
[don't wake daddy commercial voice] don't quote stymie!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
behead those who quote stymie

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it should be probate-worthy at least

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

it should be probate-worthy at least

or just probe stymie every time he posts

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

RISCy Business posted:

or just probe stymie every time someone quotes him

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
"cucking?!" stymie stymies in the door and just keeps stymieing, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he stymies against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's stymieing at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "i'm an secular statist, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Arcsech posted:

"cucking?!" stymie stymies in the door and just keeps stymieing, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he stymies against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's stymieing at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "i'm an secular statist, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

qirex posted:

sounds like stewie did less work and got paid the same as you which means he's better at business

its all good though because in the end i now have a position with uncapped commission. and everything is literally done via inbound live chat.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

RISCy Business posted:

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Arcsech posted:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Stymie posted:

this is an extraordinarily literal example of "it takes two to tango"

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Arcsech posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B9PAIMvce8

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'm amazed that there is anyone still in YOSPOS that reads that guy's posts for any reason other than a fleeting curiosity.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

qhat posted:

I'm amazed that there is anyone still

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

qhat posted:

I'm amazed that there is anyone still in YOSPOS that reads that guy's posts for any reason other than a fleeting curiosity.

which guy. there' s a lot of them

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

cis autodrag posted:

which guy. there' s a lot of them

RISCy Business posted:

Arcsech posted:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Stymie posted:

oh okay, you're not involved in that process in any way

then perhaps you shouldn't act like it's a betrayal of you since you're utterly uninvolved

that's right when your wife and friend sleep together it's not a betrayal at all

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

C.H.O.M.E posted:

that's right when your wife and friend sleep together it's not a betrayal at all

It's basically cruelty to animals to allow the stymie to experience a fleeting feeling of engagement and validity and connection with the human race when you quote it.

Dqs

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

C.H.O.M.E posted:

don't quote stymie you idiots

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

C.H.O.M.E posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHO_DhLeQr8

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
oh i thought he must have meant someone else because my brain is just programmed to ignore stymie anyway.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Same except also my account settings

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Progressive JPEG posted:

Same except also my account settings

the only ignores I have are captain invictus cuz his avatar annoys me and all he posts is anime, and canadian depression man because his depressive posting streaks make huge chunks of threads unreadable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The problem with stymie is he still makes large chunks of threads unreadable but only because morons keep responding to him.

• Locked thread