Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Anyone who requested an invite in the last 2 pages, you should have been invited by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Locator posted:

I sometimes just wander around and find stuff out in the wilderness, reading books, etc. The other day I found this corpse deep in the swamp, and it had a book, so I read it. Made me chuckle a bit:

And finally getting in on the character pic thing, but I'm terrible at posing.

That's actually a callback to Tarhiel the Mage, the unfortunate fellow who discovers several Scrolls of Icarian Flight in Elder Scrolls III Morrowind, which increase your Acrobatics skill by 1000 for 7 seconds. Using one and simply tapping the jump button while the scroll was active catapulted you tens of thousands of feet in the air, high enough to jump from one side of Red Mountain to the other in a single leap.

Tarhiel the Mage posted:

I believe I may have found the correct formula for the spell I am developing. With it, I will be able to travel great distances without the need to pay others for the service.
If all goes well, I will test out the new spell tomorrow. I believe I have worked out all of the possible complications. It will allow me to leap great distances, covering many hundreds of miles. Never before has one been able to travel in this manner: vaulting from the ground, sailing through the sky, all without that terrible disorientation of a spell of flying.
The time is almost upon me. My research is finished, and all of my calculations are checked and rechecked. They laughed at me when I suggested this. We'll see who laughs after I leap to the top of their towers and scream out my success.

Much the same as Ofglog, he dies after jumping and the scroll effect running out mid-leap, leading to a rather sudden stop on the other end of the leap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWVKMMxCgY4&t=30s

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 6, 2017

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

The Locator posted:

And finally getting in on the character pic thing, but I'm terrible at posing.

Good enough to get that dude in the background to check out your rear end at least.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

orange juche posted:

That's actually a callback to Tarhiel the Mage, the unfortunate fellow who discovers several Scrolls of Icarian Flight in Elder Scrolls III Morrowind, which increase your Acrobatics skill by 1000 for 7 seconds. Using one and simply tapping the jump button while the scroll was active catapulted you tens of thousands of feet in the air, high enough to jump from one side of Red Mountain to the other in a single leap.

Much the same as Ofglog, he dies after jumping and the scroll effect running out mid-leap, leading to a rather sudden stop on the other end of the leap.

Haha.. I remember that terrible interface for looting! I never ran into Tarhiel the Mage as far as I know, but it's cool that they have that tie-in in the game. Good stuff.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Locator posted:

Haha.. I remember that terrible interface for looting! I never ran into Tarhiel the Mage as far as I know, but it's cool that they have that tie-in in the game. Good stuff.

You probably ran into him, he was kinda hard to miss, as his event had a pretty large trigger area. All you had to do was walk up the hill as soon as you left Seyda Neen at the very beginning of the game headed inland from the coast.

E: related this is what it looked like to jump using 1000 acrobatics in that game, this guy jumps from Sheogorad to to Vivec in 1 jump, straight over the top of Red Mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxRSr_JoPf0

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jul 6, 2017

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

orange juche posted:

There's also a second, more direct reference in Cyrodiil.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 6, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/07/06/horns-of-the-reach-and-update-15-preview

Info on Horns of the Reach, aka Update 15

PTS goes live next week, no NDA.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Depositing alliance points into your bank? :hellyeah:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The whole town of Falkreath is the dungeon

So rip them opening up western Skyrim any time soon I take it

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Mizuti posted:

If any of you guys have never had a ESO Plus membership, this is a good time to stop in. You can grab some free pets and personalities just by zoning in to the DLC zones.

Which zones are the DLC ones, exactly?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Wrothgar, Gold Coast, Abah's Landing, Imperial City.

Then four dlc dungeons that are much harder than all the others.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

AnimalChin posted:

But then how do you make any money?

Also, sell items that are white (unless they give you inspiration aka bonus EXP for your crafting line).

I deconn green and above things, then sell everything else.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Yo, can I get an invite to the goon guilds? @LastGoodBoy

E: NA guilds.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 6, 2017

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Had a random group for Imperial City Prison last night on my level 19 healing warden.

We wiped four times on one of the early bosses, and everyone kicked me for being a lovely healer. From my perspective, I was healing my rear end off and was OOM pretty often, so obviously my strategy is off or something? The group leader was pretty high CP level and bitched constantly about a lack of heals, so I assume he was right to kick me, but I'm struggling to figure out what I coudl do differently.

Any healing wardens able to weigh in on what the general strategy should be? Seems like between the healing line (forget the name) and resto staff, it's largely AOE and HoT based stuff, but yeah, from what I could tell I had as much AOE healing going on as possible, kept living vines up as much as possible, made sure healing seed was up fairly often (as much as my mana pool could handle), frost cloak was always up, regeneration was always on the tank etc and we got hosed over and over again.

Maybe healing's not for me? I dunno. Really wanting to learn to be better, but also simultaneously struggling to picture what I could have done differently.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cathab posted:

Had a random group for Imperial City Prison last night on my level 19 healing warden.

We wiped four times on one of the early bosses, and everyone kicked me for being a lovely healer. From my perspective, I was healing my rear end off and was OOM pretty often, so obviously my strategy is off or something? The group leader was pretty high CP level and bitched constantly about a lack of heals, so I assume he was right to kick me, but I'm struggling to figure out what I coudl do differently.

Any healing wardens able to weigh in on what the general strategy should be? Seems like between the healing line (forget the name) and resto staff, it's largely AOE and HoT based stuff, but yeah, from what I could tell I had as much AOE healing going on as possible, kept living vines up as much as possible, made sure healing seed was up fairly often (as much as my mana pool could handle), frost cloak was always up, regeneration was always on the tank etc and we got hosed over and over again.

Maybe healing's not for me? I dunno. Really wanting to learn to be better, but also simultaneously struggling to picture what I could have done differently.

Those fuckers expected to be carried and got pissed when it didn't happen. Don't worry, keep going at it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yeah, you did it all right. They sucked. You did way better than most of the healers I get in pugs, so fuckin' kudos.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Can I get an invite to NA Guild? @Lprsti99

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Need an invite as well to the NA Guild @StarkkUW thx

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

AnimalChin posted:

Which zones are the DLC ones, exactly?

The zones got detailed in a different post, but here's what freebies you can grab and where you can grab it:

Jackal pet: Visit Abah's Watch in Hew's Bane
Echalette pet: Visit Orsinium in Wrothgar
Assassin personality: Visit Anvil in the Gold Coast
Heroic personality: Zone in to either Cradle of Shadows or Ruins of Mazzatun in Shadowfen

There are intro quests that lead you to all of them from the Story panel. If you're on the PC version, goons can also teleport you right to the areas if you ask them.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mizuti posted:

Assassin personality: Visit Anvil in the Gold Coast
Heroic personality: Zone in to either Cradle of Shadows or Ruins of Mazzatun in Shadowfen

What are personalities?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
They change your character's idle animation and some emotes. Assassin personality constantly brandishes a knife, Heroic is like normal but occasionally throws their hands up and says "aargh." There's also the rather cool Telvanni Magister personality you get from a quest chain in Vvardenfell.

There are quite a few others, but they're all Crown purchases.
I'm the schmuck who bought crowns this morning just to get the briefly available Brassy Assassin personality. :retrogames:

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 7, 2017

Illuminatus
Mar 25, 2008

FNORD
NA Goon Guild invite if you please: @illcat23

Illuminatus fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 7, 2017

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Rollersnake posted:

They change your character's idle animation and some emotes. Assassin personality constantly brandishes a knife, Heroic is like normal but occasionally throws their hands up and says "aargh." There's also the rather cool Telvanni Magister personality you get from a quest chain in Vvardenfell.

There are quite a few others, but they're all Crown purchases.
I'm the schmuck who bought crowns this morning just to get the briefly available Brassy Assassin personality. :retrogames:

You would.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The justification that I've wasted more money on dumber poo poo than this briefly made me feel better before it made me feel worse.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rollersnake posted:

The justification that I've wasted more money on dumber poo poo than this briefly made me feel better before it made me feel worse.
It is a :krad: personality, tho

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Rollersnake posted:

You made the correct choice..brassy assassins unite.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
Is this game worth playing? Last time I played was in closed beta, and it was loving awful.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Ffycchi posted:

Is this game worth playing? Last time I played was in closed beta, and it was loving awful.

If you didn't like it then you're not going to like it now. That's my hot take as someone who liked it then and quit after a few months and just came back last week. It hasn't changed drastically since then.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

afkmacro posted:

If you didn't like it then you're not going to like it now. That's my hot take as someone who liked it then and quit after a few months and just came back last week. It hasn't changed drastically since then.

That is sad. Had a lot of potential. Thanks though!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Counterpoint, I didn't see how bad it was at original launch, but those that did and still play say it's like a different game, so your milage may vary.

I think it owns.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Aramek posted:

Counterpoint, I didn't see how bad it was at original launch, but those that did and still play say it's like a different game, so your milage may vary.

I think it owns.

I concur. I also played the beta and hated it. Now I lack sleep from playing so goddamn much. It really was a totally different game when I came back.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

afkmacro posted:

I can't tell if serious or just a troll...

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Beefeater posted:

I concur. I also played the beta and hated it. Now I lack sleep from playing so goddamn much. It really was a totally different game when I came back.

This is the reason I haven't picked it up, there are so many differing opinions on it that It's impossible to get a solid answer, and being in my 30's with a career I simply don't have time to grind through an MMO just to drop it when I realise I hate it. I am really hoping one of these kickstarter crowdfunded games becomes something(be it crowfall, CU, AoC or Star Citizen), or I might just quit MMO's permanently. There have been so many games in the last few years with either an amazing IP behind them or amazing mechanics, that get completely hosed by developers/publishers into giant cash grabs.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

This is the most chillax "do 90% of content alone if you want" MMO ever. You can go anywhere and do any quest at any time as fast or slow as you want. I love it.

You can even play with a controller and in first person view like a gross pubbie if you want!

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Why you dislike it is going to play a huge part. The core mechanics hasn't changed so if you hated the actual gameplay you're still not going to like it. If you're a more solo-oriented player then One Tameriel and the group finder may be enough to swing you to enjoying the game. If you were looking for a more nostalgic Elder Scrolls experience then Morrowind provides a much better gateway to pull you into the game than before. So on and so forth.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Ffycchi posted:

This is the reason I haven't picked it up, there are so many differing opinions on it that It's impossible to get a solid answer, and being in my 30's with a career I simply don't have time to grind through an MMO just to drop it when I realise I hate it.

I too am in my 30’s with a career. Do you like the Elder Scrolls games? If so I don’t know why you wouldn’t like it. Especially since there’s no monthly fee unless you want some perks. It’s the ultimate casual MMO. It also happens to be the best single player Elder Scrolls experience to date in my opinion as well.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

nessin posted:

Why you dislike it is going to play a huge part. The core mechanics hasn't changed so if you hated the actual gameplay you're still not going to like it. If you're a more solo-oriented player then One Tameriel and the group finder may be enough to swing you to enjoying the game. If you were looking for a more nostalgic Elder Scrolls experience then Morrowind provides a much better gateway to pull you into the game than before. So on and so forth.

Yeah the gameplay for me just wasn't engaging enough to keep me going. The only reason I would really play is for the PvP, and its another thing that nobody seems to be able to agree on...it's the first 50/50 split I have ever seen in an MMO 50% hate it, 50% love it.

Pug Rodeo posted:

I too am in my 30’s with a career. Do you like the Elder Scrolls games? If so I don’t know why you wouldn’t like it. Especially since there’s no monthly fee unless you want some perks. It’s the ultimate casual MMO. It also happens to be the best single player Elder Scrolls experience to date in my opinion as well.

Why would I play an MMO for single player experience? :suicide101:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ffycchi posted:

Why would I play an MMO for single player experience? :suicide101:

Because this game is a pretty good Elder Scrolls game. The point here is that a lot of people are fans of the Elder Scrolls games and don't want to play through TES3/4/5 yet again, they want something that is still recognizably Elder Scrolls but new, and this game happens to give them that, the MMO part is incidental.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

DoriDori240 posted:

I can't tell if serious or just a troll...

Instead of garbage posting, explain why you think it has changed fundamentally since launch and contribute an answer to his question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

afkmacro posted:

Instead of garbage posting, explain why you think it has changed fundamentally since launch and contribute an answer to his question.

Got rid of vet ranks (arguably the worst thing about endgame)
Got rid of the required sub (now it's a plus if you want to craft)
Made the game far more accessible for casual players via battle-scaling and One Tamriel (go anywhere any time)

The game has made tons of improvements since launch 3 years ago and is actually very enjoyable now, and this is coming from someone who readily shits on Firor, Lambert, and Wrobel and the combat team at the drop of a hat.

Ffycchi posted:

Yeah the gameplay for me just wasn't engaging enough to keep me going. The only reason I would really play is for the PvP, and its another thing that nobody seems to be able to agree on...it's the first 50/50 split I have ever seen in an MMO 50% hate it, 50% love it.
Hi, head shitlord for Chill Bros here (the main goon guild and PvP nerd squad). The PvP here is actually pretty enjoyable in moderate doses, and even if we're getting zerged down by an entire faction because we dared to Lion King* a few shitters, we can still find the fun most of the time. I enjoy it enough to burn my resources weekly just mucking around with either the Chill Bros squad or with our non-goon PvP guild.

*Lion King is the term that Froidbuster/Bustycops uses when a bunch of shitters try to kill us using the high ground/climbing on a rock. It is never not funny when we're bulldozing some fools and froido shouts that out in discord/TS.