Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

I love that the dumbest guest ever is going to be their most frequent
That tradcath is coming back multiple times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want Kurt Eichenwald to go on Chapo SO BAD.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
let him know the important work they are doing with jared fogel innocence project

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Who was that topher guy they mentioned?

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
"We could dox you, but we won't, at least for now. You're welcome." is the exact tone that should be struck with pepes. I don't really give a poo poo it's CNN holding the cards here I guess :shrug:

The Time Dissolver fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 6, 2017

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

I love that the dumbest guest ever is going to be their most frequent

no really This Is Good

derek davison and adam cumtown in a mud pit fight to death

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

The Time Dissolver posted:

I don't really give a poo poo it's CNN holding the cards here I guess :shrug:

You should, though. For the same reasons we don't rely on the police to bash the fash, we shouldn't be letting the corporate media just go around arbitrarily doxxing pepes, because as soon as that becomes accepted it's a weapon they could just as readily turn on less deserving targets. Take this case, for example. Not to get all slippery slope, 'cos this incident's probably nothing, but considering the power the media already exercises to set the agenda letting them normalise their dirty tricks would be a bad move.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Antti posted:

At first my written out reply was "it doesn't help anything to send one Pepe meme creator to get crucified by the Internet when there's thousands of them waiting in the wings", but actually, if this guy gets doxxed, maybe it would actually have a chilling effect on that sort of thing.

This poo poo just got real for that guy. His idol retweeted him and it stopped being a ha-ha funny internet-only thing. It became IRL. That should happen to as many redditors as possible.

It worked pretty well with the whole ViolentAcrez pedo subs poo poo

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

This seems...not terrible?

Well I mean apart from the fact that the Blue Dogs are going to fight it tooth and nail and 17 Dem senators haven't signed up yet but apart from that

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there any meaningful difference between Blue Dogs and republicans?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Jippa posted:

Who was that topher guy they mentioned?

I already forgot the exact crack but it was like "He's a Sega video game character from the 1990s and he collects earned income tax credits" and I started laughing in the bus like a moron.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That's a quality name.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Stone#2004.E2.80.932010

amazed the dry boiz haven't made a podcast on Roger Stone

he has the most punchable face i've seen in a while

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Everyone is just jealous that CNN brought Helldump back before Lowtax did.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

That tradcath is coming back multiple times?

Don't tease like that. Only better timeline would be a tradcat 5th mic

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Race Realists posted:

I think they've made fun of his reputation for being a snappy dresser in the past. Which is a funny reputation in DC when you realize that basically every journalist in the city is a dweeb who buys poo poo 2 for 1 at men's warehouse fawning over a guy who dresses like a magician performing at a children's festival.

"I have an important meeting with President Trump today, we are going to discuss my plans to tear down Toon Town and replace it with a freeway"
___________________________________________________/

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 6, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Edit: gently caress

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Throw some gears on that tophat and badboy there is ready for the steampunk convention as the perfidious robber baron Lord Stone.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Throw some gears on that tophat and badboy there is ready for the steampunk convention as the perfidious robber baron Lord Stone.

First you think looks like an outfit that a guy would wear to a kinkster's formal ball, and then you realize that there is a good chance that Roger Stone wore that outfit to a kinkster's formal ball once.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

In other news, Democrats are never going to win an election in America ever again.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/opinion/center-democrats-identity-politics.html

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

In other news, Democrats are never going to win an election in America ever again.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/opinion/center-democrats-identity-politics.html

I'm not sure these guys understand what the "centre" is

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm not sure these guys understand what the "centre" is

It's where it has always been in this country. To the right.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

I wish I could punch people through the loving internet :bang:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

quote:

Central to the Democrats’ diminishment has been their loss of support among working-class voters, who feel abandoned by the party’s shift away from moderate positions on trade and immigration, from backing police and tough anti-crime measures, from trying to restore manufacturing jobs. They saw the party being mired too often in political correctness, transgender bathroom issues and policies offering more help to undocumented immigrants than to the heartland.

turns out all the left needs to do to become successful is stop focusing on actual leftist politics and instead focus on both dogwhistle racism and overt racism

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dimebags Brain posted:

I mean the Teamsters had a semi parked right next to the capitol in St. Paul, so an effort was made in Minnesota at least.

Word, the Chapo twitter account retweeted this, there's a longer thread if you click through:

https://twitter.com/newmanj12/status/882678078350270464

Also the idea of anyone taking Mark Penn seriously is absurd.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Race Realists posted:

There's a good chance that this may be the excuse Immolations will finally pop there, as he looked into him deeply in the past.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/Mark_Penn/status/882899616114642944

That ratio & responses :allears:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

i don't think i like this bioshock reboot

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/atstephenbell/status/882933529537122306

lmao

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

*Hillary loses the second consecutive election in which she was considered the runaway favorite*

Mark Penn: It wasn't my fault after all!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I remember Mark Penn from LF back during hillary's disaster of a campaign in 08. Incompetent, racist ratfucker who probably leaked the "Obama in Muslim garb" pics.

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/882960269714083845

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Everybody is assuming CNN went after this dude for the stupid gif but I'm not convinced they would have given half a poo poo if everything they found after looking at his posting history wasn't nazi garbage.

Like, if it was ken boone making that gif and then posting about human submarines nobody would have cared.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I feel like the centrist left really gets off on feeling "right" or vindicated even at the expense of their platform and good of the country. There is almost a perverse "I told you so" gloat going on about Trump's election, and the gloat is so overwhelming that they can't possibly realize that it's ultimately their responsibility to figure out a message and a platform that really resonates with real, working people -- not the people buying tickets months in advance for Hamilton.

The centrist left almost seems happy that Trump is in office and it freaks me out.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

centrist... left

cleft

:tipshat:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Everybody is assuming CNN went after this dude for the stupid gif but I'm not convinced they would have given half a poo poo if everything they found after looking at his posting history wasn't nazi garbage.

Like, if it was ken boone making that gif and then posting about human submarines nobody would have cared.

b-b-but what if they did this to someone who wasn't garbage?

there but for the grace of pepe go i!

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

b-b-but what if they did this to someone who wasn't garbage?

there but for the grace of pepe go i!

You joke, but a lot of people have dumb/bad ideological responses to this poo poo. The real problem is a billion dollar media conglomerate targeting a private citizen to be tracked down for an internet poo poo post solely because it dunked on their brand image. Would we be having this convo if his posting history wasn't poo poo? I'onno. More importantly would we be having this convo if his gif didn't dunk on CNN in specific and spur them into retributive action? Do you believe their impetus for doing it? That it "encourages violence against the media"? :rolleyes:

I dunno about y'all, but I'm a communist and I have a poo poo ton of things attached to my internet handle that also go against the grain of accepted American culture, many of them a lot more against the grain than racism or antisemitism, so hope I don't run afoul of an enormous media outlet with a shitpost and have to prostrate myself before them and their implicit threats lest I have my identity revealed, my employment jeopardized and perhaps material existence threatened ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno why it's so hard for people to grasp that "all doxxing is bad" but w/e.

Serf
May 5, 2011

doxxing is good when it happens to bad people and bad when it happens to good people

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
A fine liberal position.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Serf posted:

doxxing is good when it happens to bad people and bad when it happens to good people

Unironically agreed. This feels like a penny ante version of "well what if it WASNT a Nazi who got punched huh mister smart man?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
from what i can tell everyone hates that stupid mark penn article

https://twitter.com/UweBollocks/status/882953239615942657