Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Pearl is abhorrent, she's like the squid version of that gross Die Antwoord woman
Hey!

Pearl is Marina's friend. That makes her my friend too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

EpicNemesis posted:

Someone TL;DW the direct for me.

Stardew Valley being released today worldwide for $5.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Mahoning posted:

Stardew Valley being released today worldwide for $5.

On Xbox One X.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh Flip Wars is also out today, it's like a cross between Bomberman and Splatoon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

between ARMS and Splatoon it's nice to see Nintendo putting black characters in their games

Pearl is abhorrent, she's like the squid version of that gross Die Antwoord woman

Yolandi is cool

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DLC Inc posted:

Marina is bae, but this is extremely wrong.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

DLC Inc posted:

between ARMS and Splatoon it's nice to see Nintendo putting black characters in their games

Did they try to make Pearl the worst thing ever?

Marina is cool but I don't like the pair of them as much as the Squid Sisters :|

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yolandi is cool

:yeah: this is true.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Who cares, Shanty is ready for Blaster Master and the DLC is free for a while. Shovel Knight comes out later this month.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
drat, I guess I missed the Amazon Splatoon 2 preorder deal by a day. Any luck it will come back at a reduced price, even if not $48?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Only played the first Splatoon one time at a friend's house while incredibly stoned. I look forward to purchasing its sequel.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

drat, I guess I missed the Amazon Splatoon 2 preorder deal by a day. Any luck it will come back at a reduced price, even if not $48?

Walmart is selling it for that price too if you do store pickup: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Splatoon-2-Nintendo-Switch/52901844

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BattleMaster posted:

Did they try to make Pearl the worst thing ever?

I guess Pearl is for that really small niche group whose ideal mate would be someone that sits on their couch, drinks all their Pepsi and calls them a bitch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
ICE CREAM IS BETTER THAN CAKE. anyone who disagrees will feel the tremendous pain of my INK come 7/15. or 15/7 as is the proper date.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anyone know when we can download the phone app?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Double post edit

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

did they When Stardew?

are you trying to get another death threat with a usb of stardew valley attached

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yolandi is cool

she's not as bad as Ninja I'll give you that much

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Anyone know when we can download the phone app?
I was hoping they'd announce a date when they were talking about it on the Direct, but I don't think they did? It sounded like it would be available at launch though (they didn't say otherwise, at least).

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

July 21 is the release of the app.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/grumpygamer/status/882983334787203072

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Did Gonner end up being fun? I'm kind of halfway on the aesthetic but if the game is actually fun to play I might go for it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

grand theft grotto posted:

Did Gonner end up being fun? I'm kind of halfway on the aesthetic but if the game is actually fun to play I might go for it.

It's dope but it's pretty hard.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm fine with hard. Is it the kind of hard where you have to grind to start stronger from run to run or the kind of hard where you have to learn and adapt and just play well? If it's mostly the latter I'll get it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DLC Inc posted:

I didn't think anything could make me like Pearl, but that's a good try

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Callie is a traitor now so congrats to all the people who are betraying squids now I guess

the only thing i like more than callie is being a heel

down with squids

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm fine with hard. Is it the kind of hard where you have to grind to start stronger from run to run or the kind of hard where you have to learn and adapt and just play well? If it's mostly the latter I'll get it.

Adapt, you do get different heads and guns the further you get and you can start with any combination on later runs once you've unlocked them, but they only change how you play but you won't get incredibly stronger.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

ICE CREAM IS BETTER THAN CAKE. anyone who disagrees will feel the tremendous pain of my INK come 7/15. or 15/7 as is the proper date.

Ice cream cake is the best form of cake, therefore ice cream is the best.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

down with squids

Marina's already Not a Squid, so she's just ahead of the curve.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

This didn't get enough credit. Goddamn.

Kaubocks posted:

down with squids

This is a mantra I can get behind.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Adapt, you do get different heads and guns the further you get and you can start with any combination on later runs once you've unlocked them, but they only change how you play but you won't get incredibly stronger.

Sounds good, I'm down. Thanks!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Kind of odd, I went to Amazon to pre-order my Splatoon 2 finally and they've removed the page for the physical copy?

edit: Just scrolled up.

^burtle fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 6, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Aardvark Barber posted:

July 21 is the release of the app.

Yup, just saw an announcement on the Switch News section. Apparently it'll only work with Splatoon 2 at first. I hope they add compatibility for games already out like Mario Kart and Arms.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

90% the latter. There's only 6 weapons, and once you find each one, you can choose it from the start of a new run. The game is mainly about mastering the control mechanics and using them to combo kill enemies as fast as you can without flubbing up.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i hope if those are bayonetta and wonderful 101 ports it means they're testing the waters for new ones of each

whaley fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 6, 2017

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Marie, Marina, cake. God bless.

Where are the green/pink Joy-Cons, NoA???

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The only Platinum game I've played in Vanquish so I'm really looking foreword to 101 and Bayo.

They looking awesomely ridiculous.

Sacred Cow
Aug 13, 2007
Switches on Walmart's website now. Bundles only though.

link

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Vikar Jerome posted:

ICE CREAM IS BETTER THAN CAKE. or 15/7 as is the proper date.

It's 2017, not 2015.

And yes, I've cream is better than cake. :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

So next weekend we have a splatoon 2 demo. Is the demo online now?

Also, when did they say the nintendo switch iOS app will be online?

• Locked thread