Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

techknight posted:

Goddamn we need a loving chart for all these RCR games

they're all bad in some way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Wait that was real? I always thought that was just a Mega64 joke.

It definitely exists, I live in Europe and my copy came with one. If I had any idea where I put it I'd post a picture.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Skyward Sword had one too. Except it wasn't a DVD, it was part of the game, and you were 100% forced to watch it upon starting up the game for the first time. And this is before the entire rest of the game that was periodically interrupted by redundant tutorials.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't recall that at all.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The one for Skyward Sword was just a cheesy video that described how to connect the Wii Motion Plus dongle. I don’t remember it showing how to play the game or anything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

It definitely exists, I live in Europe and my copy came with one. If I had any idea where I put it I'd post a picture.

I've still got mine :v:. It came in one of those basic "limited edition" style card boxes, which was just a card version of the game case with the proper Wii one inside and a dvd in a slipcover crammed in.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I still got mine as well, and I remember vividly how awkward the thing was because you couldn't even play it on a loving Wii lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

same, it plays in-game too just not through the dvd if i recall but maybe i'm thinking of the skyward sword one...?

anyway, youtube exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zka3xrjKYww

(i posted the first one i found, dont blame me.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KrsCx7GBSc

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The lady's pronunciation of Mario is confusing my ears. It's as though she's splitting the difference between pronouncing the name "MAY-rio" and "MAH-rio". I keep watching the video just to hear her say Mario again. Ok, now I think I've figured it out. She's pronouncing it "MERRY-O". Well, sometimes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Magical Drop II | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
GoNNER | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £ ? / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Physical Contact: SPEED | NA | PAL | $ ? / £ ? / € ? (Retail Only)

WiiU

Alien Crush (VC - TG16) | PAL | £ ? / €5.99 (eShop Only)
BLOC | PAL | £ ? / €3.00 (eShop Only)
Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure (VC - TG16) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Devil's Crush (VC - TG16) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Preston Sterling and the Legend of Excalibur | NA | $3.99 (eShop Only)
Space Hunted | NA | PAL | $2.99 / £ ? / €2.99 (eShop Only)

3DS
Mighty Gunvolt Burst | NA | PAL | $ ? / £ ? / €9.99 (eShop Only)

New 3DS
6180 The Moon | NA | PAL | $3.99 (eShop Only)

DLC
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
    Mini Game Hero Skin Pack ($ ? / £ ? / € ?)
    Glide Giants Pack ($ ? / £ ? / € ?)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    DLC Pack 1: The Master Trials ($19.99 / £ ? / €19.99 [Part of Expansion Pass, Not Sold Separately]) (June 30)

So after disappearing from the schedule a few weeks back when it was supposed to release, GoNNER is finally out today. It's a platformer with rogue-like elements. It's supposed to be good, but quite difficult. Magical Drop II is a puzzle game which looks somewhat like Pang crossed with a Match-3 game.

Physical Contact: SPEED is, well...maybe I'll just let the developers explain it?

http://www.collavier.com/en/prj_vsspeed/index.html posted:

It is a game series where two people can play against one device.
If you play with your body in close contact, the match will be more fun.
Any two partners, including parents, friends, lover, etc, are suitable.
Because it is simple and rules that everyone knows, you can start the game immediately on the spot.
If you use the handicap function you can match the level of the two people.
Because the match-up time is short, I can play anytime and anywhere when I feel like it.
Of course there is also a 1P play mode for one's time.

Please enjoy together!

Anyway, it's listed on NOE's site as being a physical release (with no eShop), which i think may be a mistake but who knows? It's up on NOA's site as TBD, so it may drop today there also, you lucky people!

WiiU is getting more TG-16 Virtual Console games. Alien Crush came out in NA a few week's back, and EU/AUS are getting it today. Its sequel, Devil's Crush is out in NA, along with Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure. Similarly, Preson Sterling and the Legend of Excalibur came out in PAL regions a few weeks ago, and NA is getting it now. It's probably terrible shovelware. Space Hunted looks absolutely terrible. Someone should buy it and play it anyway.

On the 3DS, PAL region is getting Mighty Gunvolt Burst, which came out for Switch recently. No sign of it on NOA's site yet, but again it could very easily drop there today. There's also the 3DS port of 6180 The Moon, which also came out in PAL regions a couple of months ago.

Finally, the first DLC pack for BOTW will be available tomorrow. You have to buy the full Expansion Pass for $20/€20 to get it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

On the 3DS, PAL region is getting Mighty Gunvolt Burst, which came out for Switch recently. No sign of it on NOA's site yet, but again it could very easily drop there today. There's also the 3DS port of 6180 The Moon, which also came out in PAL regions a couple of months ago.

Finally, the first DLC pack for BOTW will be available tomorrow. You have to buy the full Expansion Pass for $20/€20 to get it.

Burst is out in the US now as well.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Larryb posted:

Burst is out in the US now as well.
Thanks. It's bad enough there's no PR anymore, but it's still not showing on NOA's website. :argh: Only the Switch version is, no indication that there's a 3DS version.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
By the By, incase anyone was wondering, BoTW's DLC went up at midnight! So, go on n' git it!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Magic Drop II is very much worth it. One of the fastest puzzle games out there, matches can be over in literally seconds.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I'm surprised they're even bothering with TG-16 on Wii U.

Especially now that its officially dead, they didn't even bother with it on 3DS except for like... 3 games in Japan only?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Cat Machine posted:

Magic Drop II is very much worth it. One of the fastest puzzle games out there, matches can be over in literally seconds.

How does it compare to Magical Drop 3? MD3 is one of my top ten Neo Geo games but somehow never got around to any of the others.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Sarchasm posted:

How does it compare to Magical Drop 3? MD3 is one of my top ten Neo Geo games but somehow never got around to any of the others.

The main difference to me is that there's no "drop playfield" button, so when playing in solo mode you can't set up a perfect series of full-screen clear matches as easily. If you play in Japan mode you can also play the flash puzzle mode, which I think is also the case with MD3 but I've only played that in english.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

anyone get GONNER? it looks v up my alley

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Revenant Saga is coming out on WiiU this week. Has anyone played it, and is it any good?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's a Kemco mobile port.

For those unaware, Kemco mass-produces very boring milquetoast JRPGs on phones with hosed leveling curves that maybe sorta occasionally have okay looking parts that don't gel in any way whatsoever with their RPG-maker default asset tier environments.

I have not played that specific one but I played enough of them to say you should probably not touch any of them unless you are absolutely bored and have played literally every other RPG on the system.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fair enough, I'm not clued in at all to mobile gaming. I saw it was on Steam and PS3/4/Vita, so I was curious.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Where do I even find news on sales anymore?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PoshAlligator posted:

Where do I even find news on sales anymore?

I find all my game deals from this guy: https://twitter.com/wario64/

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Not eShop, but Best Buy has Binding of Isaac Rebirth+ for 10 bucks off. With GCU that gets brought down even further to $24.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Discount Viscount posted:

Not eShop, but Best Buy has Binding of Isaac Rebirth+ for 10 bucks off. With GCU that gets brought down even further to $24.

And the game is really good (I have 100+ hours in it so far), and definitely the best console version. PS4 and Xbone versions haven't been updated to the level that the Switch version is. PC still has more updates, but not a huge amount of updates over the Switch version.

Edit: Also, the switch version is Afterbirth+. Rebirth was 2 major updates ago.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 5, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fremry posted:

And the game is really good (I have 100+ hours in it so far), and definitely the best console version. PS4 and Xbone versions haven't been updated to the level that the Switch version is. PC still has more updates, but not a huge amount of updates over the Switch version.

Edit: Also, the switch version is Afterbirth+. Rebirth was 2 major updates ago.

Seconding this. Try to find the first run edition that doesn't have the blue cover since it comes with stickers and a rad manual that's styled on the Zelda 1 NES manual.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop. Y'all ready for some Shovelware?!

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug 2 | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Bulb Boy | NA | PAL | $8.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
I And Me | NA | PAL | $ ? / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Implosion | NA | PAL | $11.99 / £10.79 / €12.00 (eShop Only)
Shephy | NA | PAL | $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99 (eShop Only)
Vaccine | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)

WiiU

A Day at the Carnival | NA | $12.95 (eShop Only)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii Download for WiiU) | NA | PAL | $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (eShop Only)
Revenant Saga | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)

3DS

Alchemic Dungeons | NA | PAL | $ ? / £4.99 / €5.00 (eShop Only)
Crollors Game Pack | NA | $1.50 (eShop Only)
Kirby's Blowout Blast | NA | PAL | $ ? / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Stack 'Em High | NA | $3.99 (eShop Only)

New 3DS

Table Tennis Infinity | NA | PAL | $1.49 / £1.39 / €1.49 (eShop Only)

DLC
Blaster Master Zero
    EX Character: Shantae (free until July 19th, then $1.99 / £1.79 / €1.99)

Harvest Moon Skytree Village
    Pack 1: Farms Decorations Set, including 16 new customisation items, walls, and decorations (free)
    Pack 2: Harvest Sprite Statue Set, including 5 new customisation items (Harvest Goddess-themed pergola, Harvest Sprite statue, and more) (free)
    Pack 3: new marriage candidate (Edmond), and a statue of the Harvest Goddess (£3.99 / €3.99)
    Pack 4: new marriage candidate (Nova), and a statue of the Doc (£3.99 / €3.99)

Quite a few releases on Switch this week. Metal Slug 2 is more of the same, really, but it seems like it's regarded as inferior to Metal Slug and Metal Slug 3. NA is apparently getting Bulb Boy, which I honestly can't figure out at all from the trailers. I and Me is a puzzle-platformer where you have to navigate 2 cats simultaneously. There's also Implosion, a hack-and-slash game, Shephy, a card game of some kind, and (£3.99 / €3.99), which is some sort of survival horror with Resident Evil 1-era looking graphics.

On WiiU, Rayman Raving Rabbids is being added as a Wii Download. It requires a Wii Remote and nunchuk and can't be played on the Gamepad on its own. There's also A Day at the Carnival which looks like a N64 game, and Revenant Saga, which is apparently a port of a not good mobile game.

3DS is getting Kirby's Blowout Blast, no idea on the price just yet (I don't think it's a FTP game though?) It's probably at least worth checking out. There's also Yet Another Roguelike in the form of Alchemic Dungeons, which doesn't look great from the trailer, and in NA there's Crollor's Game Pack and Stack 'Em High.

Apparently Table Tennis Infinity requires a New Nintendo 3DS. :sad:

Blaster Master Zero is getting another update, and you can download Shantae for free as a new playable character (only free until July 19). In PAL territories, there's also the DLC packs for Harvest Moon: Skytree Village. There are 4 total, 2 free and 2 paid.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I really like all the support Blaster Master Zero is getting with these characters. I was at the Inti Creates panel at Anime Expo and they showed off Shantae gameplay, it looks really cool. They also announced that Shovel Knight DLC is coming in August, so look forward to that.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

irlZaphod posted:

NA is apparently getting Bulb Boy, which I honestly can't figure out at all from the trailers.

It's a little-known, but multi-award-winning point and click horror adventure that came out for PC 2 years ago, if Steam is to be believed.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Here's this week's drop.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Fatal Fury Special | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Bulb Boy | PAL | £7.19 / €7.99 (eShop Only)
Cars 3: Driven to Win | PAL | £49.99 / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (14 July)
De Mambo | NA | PAL | $12.99 / £ ? / €10.99 (eShop Only)
Death Squared | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £ ? / €10.50 (eShop Only)
I And Me | NA | $9.99 (eShop Only)
Levels+: Addictive Puzzle Game | NA | PAL | $6.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)

WiiU
BOX UP | NA | PAL | $1.49 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Cars 3: Driven to Win | PAL | £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (14 July)
Devil's Crush (TG16) | PAL | £5.39 / €5.99 (eShop Only)

3DS
Asdivine Cross | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Bit Dungeon Plus | NA | PAL | $8.00 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Cursed Castilla | NA | PAL | $11.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 13, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is death square at least a decent coop game while we wait for overcooked?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kirby's Blowout Blast is 7 bucks and well worth that price. Having a blast playing it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch) is on sale on the eShop in PAL land, it's 20% off (£27.99 / € 32.99)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Puyo-Puyo-Tetris--1177193.html

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Does the 3DS region lock also apply to which eShop you can use?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yes, the eShop is restricted to the region of the unit iirc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's incorrect, it's restricted to the region of the Nintendo account tied to your profile. As long you have a spare email address you can make a Nintendo account for whatever region you want, then create a new profile tied to it.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Oh, that's excellent news then. Thanks!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Really? I could've used a North American account with my old Japanese system?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh I'm pretty sure that's not true on 3DS and it's locked to the eShop region it came from.
Even if you could the games are still region locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
No, that region lock was removed from the Switch. The 3DS is still tied to where you bought the system.