Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Throw this fucker in jail already, goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Is this some sort of Pinochet reference? :staredog:

cochise posted:

Yep. Helicopter rides are en vogue for the Trump idiots.

If it's a reference, it's the wrong pic. It's from the Vietnam War by fallen photographer Henri Huet: http://www.apimages.com/metadata/Index/Associated-Press-International-News-Vietnam-VIE-/8387ab7097e5da11af9f0014c2589dfb/6/1

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.”

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tatsuta Age posted:

Throw this fucker in jail already, goddamn

Throw this fucker in jail already, gotham

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Some days you just can't get rid of a blog.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Heard someone say "If Biff from Back to the Future is Donald Trump, where the gently caress is George McFly?" and laughed, then got sad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As a Tolkien fan I'm starting to hate that the Jackson movies normalized images of pretty white guys shouting phrases like "I shall not let our people fail" and "stand, men of the West"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.”

14/88 SIEG HEIL!

MAGA! :freep:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
What inspired the Wall? There's the great wall of Gina. Hadrian's wall. The existing fence along parts of Mexico. The concept of walls as things that keep people you don' t like out. Simple concept, could be any of them.

But the dumbest possible answer is always correct so Stone probably came up with the idea watching Game of Thrones:
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/826988548763049984

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

JeffersonClay posted:

It made some bad leftists mad.

were they crying about widdle russia standing up to amerikkkan imperialism, or was it another kind of bad leftists

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

"WeLcUm 2 mAh TwIzTeD MiNd" - Roger Stone

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
theres a lot of really stupid motherfuckers in Donald Trumps orbit but Roger Stone is possibly the most useless one of them all

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

RottenK posted:

were they crying about widdle russia standing up to amerikkkan imperialism, or was it another kind of bad leftists

It is worth reading the thread to watch how quickly the goal posts moved. A ton of dumb tankies started thread making GBS threads about how it was just a conspiracy theory on page 1.

By the end when it was clear it wasn't a fringe theory and there was evidence to support it the argument from the tankies shifted to "well AMERIKKKA deserved it!".

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
You know those people in your life that just really don't pay attention to what's going on at home or abroad? Like to them watching the news is maybe a little 15 minute skim through the headlines once a week, if that. The type that just thinks it's sort of funny how Trump is our president now because you know, he's the apprentice guy? They think it's funny that some chubby guy in China or Korea or some place like that is giving us a hard time I mean lol why don't we just nuke them?

We all know these types. We work with them, we are related to them, and there's no avoiding them.
These people could rattle off the name of every UFC champion for the last 15 years but couldn't even tell you the name of their own congressperson. They couldn't care less about getting even slightly educated about what's going on the world, and in fact take pride in their ignorance of world affairs but they'll gladly voice their oversimplified, undereducated opinions when these topics are brought up.

These people aren't democrats or Republicans. They are apathetic. They don't vote, they don't think it will change anything.

I HATE these people. I hate them more than the alt right. I blame them more than anyone else for the situation we are in.

The only thing that is going to make these people see the errors of their ways is when poo poo really hits the fan and it ends up affecting them. Maybe they might think twice about how much time they spent obsessing over the sportsball games. Maybe not. All I know is apathy truly is the biggest threat to this country and it has never been more true that we get the government we deserve.

Charliegrs fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 6, 2017

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

paranoid randroid posted:

theres a lot of really stupid motherfuckers in Donald Trumps orbit but Roger Stone is possibly the most useless one of them all
He has a veritable A-Team of dumbasses that used to work for the campaign or the White House-

-Roger Stone
-Carter Page (aka the guy who cannot keep his mouth shut and is still taking interviews with the media despite likely being under criminal investigation)
-Paul Manafort (the fixer for dictators worldwide)
-Michael Flynn (the treasonous one)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

pepito sanchez posted:

Yeah... everything is fine. Ship keeps on a'sinking. Who'll be next in this position? Newt?

edit: please let it be Alex Jones.

Based on face and bone structure alone, I'm gonna say Christ Christie.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Kekekela posted:

Field of Dreams economic theory

Says Law, do you even economics, Liberals?

:smugbert:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FlamingLiberal posted:

He has a veritable A-Team of dumbasses that used to work for the campaign or the White House-

-Roger Stone
-Carter Page (aka the guy who cannot keep his mouth shut and is still taking interviews with the media despite likely being under criminal investigation)

Strong Bad, this is the worst episode of Teen Girl Squad

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Strong Bad, this is the worst episode of Teen Girl Squad

~*wave of russians*~

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

paranoid randroid posted:

~*wave of russians*~

:siren:ARROWED:siren:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Heard someone say "If Biff from Back to the Future is Donald Trump, where the gently caress is George McFly?" and laughed, then got sad.

Well, George McFly is now playing an all-powerful god in American Gods, which maybe bodes well for what will happen when he cold-cocks Trump for stealing his girl

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

-Roger Stone

And he wants them all back working for him. There is really no dumber world leader.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Guess whose Director Of Government Ethics just quit

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/883007616435269632

I dig the italicized portion.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Jesus gently caress. Does anyone else hear Hell March from Red Alert playing in their head when they read this?

You are not crazy. This is straight up genocidal rhetoric.

Luckily everyone involved are clowns without a clue, let alone A Plan, but it's still freaky as hell.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

In the timeline where Biff was actually Donald Trump, he shot George McFly, so...

:tinfoil:

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
hi my name is roger stone

*holds up spork*

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Guess whose Director Of Government Ethics just quit

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/883007616435269632

I dig the italicized portion.

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/883020686763204608

Calling out the Trump administration directly here

(I assume this is his legit account even though he is not verified)

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 6, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress

You don't CHOOSE to be too poor and sick to afford health insurance you disingenuous rear end in a top hat! gently caress I hate Cornyn.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Combed Thunderclap posted:

You are not crazy. This is straight up genocidal rhetoric.

All you gotta do to get people behind a genocide campaign is successfully depict it as self-defense against an overwhelming existential threat.

I went reading up on Operation Barbarossa to see how in the gently caress Hitler sold it, and yep, it was "We have to hit them before they wipe us out in a merciless Slavic avalanche :qq:"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Some of you have probably already seen this in other threads. But in case you haven't, good news, everyone: Mark Penn knows how we're going to win elections going forward!:haw:

Back to the Center, Democrats posted:

The path back to power for the Democratic Party today, as it was in the 1990s, is unquestionably to move to the center and reject the siren calls of the left, whose policies and ideas have weakened the party.

Easily lost in today’s divided politics is that only a little more than a quarter of Americans consider themselves liberals, while almost three in four are self-identified moderates or conservatives. Yet moderate viewpoints are being given short shrift in the presidential nominating process. So Democrats should change their rules to eliminate all caucuses in favor of primaries. Caucuses are largely undemocratic because they give disproportionate power to left-leaning activists, making thousands of Democrats in Kansas more influential than millions of people in Florida.

Americans are looking for can-do Democrats in the mold of John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton — leaders who rose above partisanship to unify the country, who defended human rights and equality passionately, and who also encouraged economic growth and rising wages. That is the road back to relevance, and the White House, for the Democrats.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Majorian posted:

Some of you have probably already seen this in other threads. But in case you haven't, good news, everyone: Mark Penn knows how we're going to win elections going forward!:haw:

Wrong thread.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Liu posted:

hi my name is roger stone

*holds up spork*

https://twitter.com/rogerjstonejr/status/855024399778541569

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's weird how many people in this thread want Fag Hater In Chief Mike Piss to be president. Are these the decorum loving West Wingers I've heard so much about?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress

You don't CHOOSE to be too poor and sick to afford health insurance you disingenuous rear end in a top hat! gently caress I hate Cornyn.

Virtually all republicans believe that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
seriously what the gently caress has Roger Stone ever actually done aside from interning for G Gordon Liddy

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

call to action posted:

It's weird how many people in this thread want Fag Hater In Chief Mike Piss to be president. Are these the decorum loving West Wingers I've heard so much about?

k now I think you're a troll

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Xae posted:

Wrong thread.

I just figured it was something we could all agree was good for a laugh. Like, even the most centrist people here are going to find this execrable. I hope.

It would make me so happy if Jeff Sessions' DoJ arrested Stone for weed use. Wouldn't happen, but it's fun to fantasize.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

call to action posted:

Hot take

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

k now I think you're a troll

Actually there are two posts on the very last page that basically say "at least if Trump weren't president, the world would respect us". So I gotta ask, why Mike Piss 2018?

edit: like this bullshit

Sinteres posted:

The idea that Trump's uniquely dangerous because of mental illness and ineptitude necessarily means that other bad alternatives would be better. Getting nuclear codes out of Trump's tiny hands and putting someone who'd at least do routine maintenance on things like keeping alliances and staffing important governmental positions would at least reduce tail risk and long-term damage, even if competence might hurt in other ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Gen. Ripper posted:

In the timeline where Biff was actually Donald Trump, he shot George McFly, so...

:tinfoil:

As long as he does it in the middle of 5th avenue I think our alternate timeline will be able to merge back into the regular timeline.

• Locked thread