Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hello i am doing a survey on whether brother aziz needs our help. if you could kindly donate $20 to my bank account, it will help me fund the survey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

loquacius posted:

It seems to be closer to the second one, which was the less annoying of the two possible hypotheses I originally came up with

That does mean that Harris could steal it from Warren for her campaign slogan of course, which would be both really bad and really funny

Speak of the devil, NYT ran a puff piece today about how Harris is speaking up even after people say she needs to wait because she's too junior

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/us/politics/senator-kamala-harris-democrats.html

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

steinrokkan posted:

Hm, sounds like the case of picking the first response to get rid of the annoying block asap

WHich would explain why most people picked "none of the above"

they actually throw out data if they think people didnt care to answer the question from what it looks like (it gets responses, but some of them dont count)

also the answers are randomized except none of the above which is the last one.

"272 collected / 500 targeted

235 answer(s) from 224 respondent(s)"

anime was right has issued a correction as of 20:38 on Jul 6, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
people don't generally bullshit the phone survey one, so it depends on where the question was asked

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

steinrokkan posted:

Hm, sounds like the case of picking the first response to get rid of the annoying block asap

WHich would explain why most people picked "none of the above"

Kinda like how 420% of middle school males report having had multiple sex partners in the past week when surveyed.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

radical centrism

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
there's a chance people are looking up the answer too but lol who cares

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Kamala thinks feeding the global financial system on the backs of the working class is a good thing

But the funny thing is, this is 100% acceptable whereas liking Modi like Obama does disqualifies Gabbard

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just keep Gabbard away from any international stuff and she's not particularly toxic, is that right?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the last good democrat we had was also trash on foreign policy

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Aww you changed the thread title and didn't use that really good one :(

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Gabbard is good on Syria and bad on almost everything else

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
You don't understand, Gabbard is an Islamophobe and a Bad Democrat. Obama is a Good Democrat, despite droning countless innocent Muslims. Obama is good because he wasn't scared of them before he murdered them, I guess. That's how It Works.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

call to action posted:

You don't understand, Gabbard is an Islamophobe and a Bad Democrat. Obama is a Good Democrat, despite droning countless innocent Muslims. Obama is good because he wasn't scared of them before he murdered them, I guess. That's how It Works.
On the other hand, Obama was a secret Muslim while Gabbard is pro Muslim genocide openly.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

call to action posted:

But the funny thing is, this is 100% acceptable whereas liking Modi like Obama does disqualifies Gabbard

loquacius posted:

I think I actually want Gabbard and Harris to both be in the next primary, so I can hear people tie their brains in knots explaining why everything bad about Gabbard is actually good about Harris

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I assume that by the time the 2020 election rolls around, the pertinent foreign policy question will be "OH GOD EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE", so I'm not sure I'd read too much into existing stances.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Remember the sock circlejerk around Trudeau?

Say hello to Polish Trump socks

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

fits my needs posted:

On the other hand, Obama was a secret Muslim while Gabbard is pro Muslim genocide openly.

Openly pro Muslim genocide, huh. Can you quote that?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

call to action posted:

Openly pro Muslim genocide, huh. Can you quote that?

no

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

with all due respect, the article is about winning, not about what is right. And I think the current state of affairs demonstrates pretty clearly that, whether we like it or not, Democrats will have to move to the center in order to win. And winning now is essential. Just as you have been arguing with "move-to-the-center" ranters forever, so have the rest of us been dealing with "move-to-the-left" ranters for just as long, having now witnessed them (through Sanders and Nader) install two Republicans in the White House. Either the left wing of the Democratic Party will wake up to reality, or the Party will become even more irrelevant. Half of zero is zero.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah I didn't loving think so, stop carrying water for your fellow slaveowners please

the bitcoin of weed posted:

with all due respect, the article is about winning, not about what is right. And I think the current state of affairs demonstrates pretty clearly that, whether we like it or not, Democrats will have to move to the center in order to win. And winning now is essential. Just as you have been arguing with "move-to-the-center" ranters forever, so have the rest of us been dealing with "move-to-the-left" ranters for just as long, having now witnessed them (through Sanders and Nader) install two Republicans in the White House. Either the left wing of the Democratic Party will wake up to reality, or the Party will become even more irrelevant. Half of zero is zero.

Source your NYT comments, please

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The dems are to the right of centre.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

call to action posted:

Yeah I didn't loving think so, stop carrying water for your fellow slaveowners please

Slaveowners? :q:

Um I'm just worried she will genocide me and my people dawg.

nopants
May 29, 2004

i call it the double down

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There's also, more importantly, nothing to be gained from moving towards the GOP. The GOP is a credible actor entrenched in its ideological positions, and Dems trying to compete for the same marginal voters lying along the GOP / Dem fault line are late comers, pathetic "me too" politicians trying to make a living out of Republican politics. And the voters know that.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

agreeing with this poster

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How dare Sanders endorse DOnald Trump

Serf
May 5, 2011

the dems have lost shitloads of power by catering to the right and moving to the center. if they can't even win anymore and half-assedly "protect" us from the worst the republicans have to offer, then why the gently caress should we vote for them?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Slaveowners? :q:

Um I'm just worried she will genocide me and my people dawg.

shes gonna bomb goons??????

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/Julian_Epp/status/883055565194354689

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thats like benghazi saiyan 2

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

the dems have lost shitloads of power by catering to the right and moving to the center. if they can't even win anymore and half-assedly "protect" us from the worst the republicans have to offer, then why the gently caress should we vote for them?

Have you looked at the other guys!? :boom:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NRCC/status/882700044251652101

Goddamn. Godddddaaaaammmmmnnnnnnn

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you see what I'm loving talking about with the Nader thing

people can instantly make Trump Bernie's fault by putting him in the same sentence as Nader, poof, because of course Bush was Nader's fault, we just kind of accept this unconsciously

Big Man With A Gun
Jul 22, 2007

Big Gun With A Man

loquacius posted:

you see what I'm loving talking about with the Nader thing

people can instantly make Trump Bernie's fault by putting him in the same sentence as Nader, poof, because of course Bush was Nader's fault, we just kind of accept this unconsciously

No! nader will be trumps fault!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

The dems are to the right of centre.

Look the only two ideological positions are 'apocalypse cult" and "just barely not an apocalypse cult" and if we really want to win we just need to go slightly culty. It's just the way it is.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I agree. We should do a compromise, a Grand Bargain if I may say so, to ensure that only 12 million Americans will get thrown off their health care plans instead of 23 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I also believe that we should compromise with the GOP in that slights to the holy and almighty Christian God should only be punished by prison and hard labor, with summary stonings only reserved for the harlots and the sodomites.

I can barely write that without drowning in anger, my God drat the Christian Right

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Jul 6, 2017

• Locked thread